Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
I still think Gronk plays on Thursday. He doesn't need to practice to play. But at least I have Ebron just in case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Okay, I need some input. As of now my team is 4-0, 100 points ahead of the 2nd place team, and absolutey stacked. Half PPR, 1QB/2RB/3WR/1TE/1FLX/1DST

QB: Kirk Cousins
RB: Todd Gurley, Carlos Hyde, Adrian Peterson, Jay Ajayi
WR: AJ Green, Stefon Diggs, Emmanuel Sanders, Alshon Jeffery, Cooper Kupp, John Brown, Josh Gordon
TE: David Njoku
DST: Chicago Bears

Unfortunately the Bears on bye this week, but given their schedule and talent I'm not particularly inclined to give them up. That means I have to either drop someone or make a 2 for 1 trade. If I dropped anyone it would be Gordon, but I'm really hesitant to do that given his upside. I could stand pat and take the 0 on the DST, but that just delays the problem since in the future I'll have to deal with bye weeks for my QB and TE. So with that in mind what players do you think I should target, and how much should I be willing to give up?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I think some sort of Hyde /Kupp combination to upgrade a running back.

gloom
Feb 1, 2003
distracted from distraction by distraction
I'm thinking about an upgrade at WR in my 12-team, 0.5 PPR league. Besides Michael Thomas it's been a carousel of WR3 / FLEX tier guys, and waiting / hoping for Josh Gordon to do something. My roster:

QB: Deshaun Watson
WR: Michael Thomas
WR: John Brown
RB: Alvin Kamara
RB: Kareem Hunt
TE: Rob Gronkowski
FLEX: James White
K: Harrison Butker
D/ST: Cleveland

Bench: Chris Thompson, Ronald Jones (LOL), Kenny Stills, Josh Gordon, Vance McDonald

I dropped Nelson Agholor for Vance McDonald after Gronk left the game on Sunday. Jones is just a cheap lottery ticket. Through four weeks, I'm 3-1, in second place overall, with the highest total score. Do I even need to make any moves for now? One person offered me Alshon Jeffrey for Chris Thompson straight up. He also has Robert Woods, whom I kind of like. Would Thompson for either of those guys be reasonable, or leave me too thin at RB? Other options I'm not seeing?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
.5 PPR

Who would you rather give up with Conner to get Mixon?

Conner & A. Jones

Or Conner & Breida

My RB’s are Bell, Conner, Collins, J. Williams, A. Jones, Breida, Alfmo

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Alfalfa posted:

.5 PPR

Who would you rather give up with Conner to get Mixon?

Conner & A. Jones

Or Conner & Breida

My RB’s are Bell, Conner, Collins, J. Williams, A. Jones, Breida, Alfmo

Jones. Breida is the bellcow.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

As an Alfred Morris owner don't trade Breida

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

Dalvin Cook or Jordan Howard ROS in 0.5 ppr?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

How does everyone feel about Fournette? I think he's gonna be fine in the later part of the season so I'm trying to buy low right now.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

3 DONG HORSE posted:

How does everyone feel about Fournette? I think he's gonna be fine in the later part of the season so I'm trying to buy low right now.

He'll never be fine again.

I have bought low too

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I got offered Lamar Miller and either Jimmy Graham or Jordan Reed in exchange for my Sony Michel. It's 1/2 ppr.

My guys:
RB: Bell, Conner, Howard, Michel, Ekeler, K. Johnson
WR: M. Thomas, Diggs, Ridley, Cooper
TE: Burton

His guys:
RB: Elliott, Lindsay, Miller, A. Jones, Henry
WR: Adams, Edelman, Boyd, Gordan, Cole
TE: Graham, Reed

This dude is notorious for bad offers but this actually seems ok. What do you think?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’d rather have Michel.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

Doppelganger posted:

I got offered Lamar Miller and either Jimmy Graham or Jordan Reed in exchange for my Sony Michel. It's 1/2 ppr.

My guys:

His guys:

This dude is notorious for bad offers but this actually seems ok. What do you think?

This would be a good deal if you needed a TE, but you don't really. I'd probably pass.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Gobias Ind. posted:

This would be a good deal if you needed a TE, but you don't really. I'd probably pass.

His tight end is on bye, which probably prompted the offer.

It's not a terrible trade, but I'd rather have Michel.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

I think some sort of Hyde /Kupp combination to upgrade a running back.

Like who?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Big Ol Marsh Pussy posted:

Dalvin Cook or Jordan Howard ROS in 0.5 ppr?

Dalvin Cook is the better talent, but needs to get worked back in. Jordan Howard is kind of a mess so far this season TBH. I'd take Cook over Howard over the balance of the season, but Howard over Cook the next few weeks.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

:rip:

Missed two weeks, played 24 snaps, and was out again with the same injury. The Jaguars are playing the long game on the season, especially given that Yeldon and Grant did fine with Fournette gone. Two weeks and a reinjury so bad he was ruled out midgame tells me the Jags should be more cautious the second time around. That means at least three weeks. The fourth week is a London game, which they will probably leave him home for just to play it safe. Then it's their bye. I doubt we see 4nets until week 10.

Doppelganger posted:

My guys:

His guys:

Keep Sony he is going to be a monster ROS.

You could try for Mixon, since you don't need an RB right this second.

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Oct 2, 2018

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Ok all this trade talk got me thinking, with this team:

I'm planning on dropping Powell for a defense while Chicago is off, but would I be better off trying to make a 2-for-1 trade to clear up a roster spot? I feel like I would end up just kind of averaging one of my good starters and whoever off the bench I dealt, and I doubt anybody would be too interested in Gio since it's not really news his share is about to drop.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

I would need to see some rosters, but someone in your league who is strong at running back and weak at receiver. Probably a running back who is slumping, but you feel could turn it around. I think Howard and David Johnson are decent buy-low candidates, but it is a matter of your preference. I just put out some feelers to the Fournette owner in my league because he's been vocal about dropping him.

EDIT: Spoeank nailed it with Cook. He was never going to be good the first half of the season, but I like him in the second half. Mixon is another guy worth targeting.

Sataere fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 2, 2018

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Worth dropping Crowell for Mike Davis?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Silly Burrito posted:

the meme says yes, me as your friend says no

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Silly Burrito posted:

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
This got lost in the jumble of replies...do I stick with Dalton to pick up Bortles? It's 4 pt passing TDs.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

pubic works project posted:

This got lost in the jumble of replies...do I stick with Dalton to pick up Bortles? It's 4 pt passing TDs.

Bortles is better this week but I think Dalton will be better long term. It's not too far from the spider-man image above though. I just trust Dalton's weapons more.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
Bortles or Carr for QB?

I dropped Fitzpatrick and my other QB is Wilson who is borderline useless.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Silly Burrito posted:

Christine Michael
CJ Procise
Thomas Rawls
Robert Turbin
Eddie Lacy
JD McKissick

Mike Davis

Will be a fantasy relevant Seahawks RB!

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

pubic works project posted:

You mean top ten fantasy quarterback Andy Dalton? Bortles is a hard pass for me. While Bortles might seem to have the better matchup, Miami's defensive prowess came from beating up the Tennessee Titans, New York Jets and Oakland Raiders. New England smoked them. The Dolphins have issues some defensive issues.

Meanwhile, the Bengals have been a top five passing offense on the year. Tied for third most passing touchdowns. The red rocket is for real, yo. (Maybe not, but I trust him more than Bortles atm.)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

funny way to spell posted:

Bortles or Carr for QB?

I dropped Fitzpatrick and my other QB is Wilson who is borderline useless.

Bort

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Dalton > Bort > Carr

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Dalton > Bort > Carr

I'm inclined to agree with this, but I kinda think Carr is a sneaky good play. I think they are going to be playing from behind a lot and Carr has thrown for a lot of yards through four weeks.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Dalton > Bort > Carr

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poque posted:

the meme says yes, me as your friend says no

:hfive:

Keith Atherton posted:

Christine Michael
CJ Procise
Thomas Rawls
Robert Turbin
Eddie Lacy
JD McKissick

Mike Davis

Will be a fantasy relevant Seahawks RB!

I knew the answer in my heart, but had to hear it from someone else. Thanks.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Dalton > Carr > Bort

Oak is going to be playing from behind way too much for me to put him ahead of a team with a real defense.

Carr is 2015/2016 garbage time Bort.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Get ready to target the poo poo out of the Falcons DST

Both starting safeties are down for the season, starting MLB for the season, and starting DT for multiple weeks

https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/1047208955930468354

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Awwww yeah. I was already firing up my JuJus but this makes my mouth water.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Get ready to target the poo poo out of the Falcons DST

Both starting safeties are down for the season, starting MLB for the season, and starting DT for multiple weeks

https://twitter.com/ZachKleinWSB/status/1047208955930468354

Conner will do jack poo poo again of course

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I have Mixon sitting on the IR right now and Gio starting, if Mixon is good to go this week, do I drop Gio, or keep him around and drop one of my other end of bench guys (currently Keke, Dede, and Nyheim)?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

DC Murderverse posted:

I have Mixon sitting on the IR right now and Gio starting, if Mixon is good to go this week, do I drop Gio, or keep him around and drop one of my other end of bench guys (currently Keke, Dede, and Nyheim)?

I’d keep Gio in case things don’t go as planned on the field for Mixon, at least for a week or two. Also matters how big your roster is, amount of teams in the league, scoring, format (dynasty or redraft), etc.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
Keke, Dede, and Nyheim sounds like a group from an old testament Bible story.

Emulator
Sep 20, 2007
perma-nub

Wonderllama posted:

14 team league but he just hounds people until they trade with him. Oddly, he’s never won the trophy. Anyway, I knew it was bullshit. I was just making sure I wasn’t over valuing. Thanks. I asked him for David Johnson for cooks or williams and he laughed.

If that dude drafted that team in a 14-team league, basically the rest of your league is literally fantasy-braindead and hes the only one you have to worry about competing with. The other 12 teams would have had to literally pick in like, reverse ADP order for him to get that lineup. My point being - trade with another team owner, they should trade away any studs they managed to accidentally draft for any FA player you can grab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimcicle
Feb 23, 2003

12 team league, .5 ppr

I'm ready to get rid of Shady, but I'm not sure what to fill him with. My team at the moment:

QB: A. Rodgers, A. Luck
WR: D. Hopkins, C. Ridley, R. Woods, A. Robinson
RB: M. Lynch, A. Ekeler, T. Coleman, T. Cohen, L. McCoy
TE: R. Gronkowski, D. Goedert
K: R. Gould
DEF: Philly

I really hosed up, dropping Yeldon when Fournette was ready to play in week 5 not expecting Fournette to get hurt again. I picked up Goedert because I'm really worried Gronk won't play this week. I feel like my RBs aren't really performing, should I try to trade up two RBs (McCoy + Coleman) for a better one somewhere in my league?