Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bombadilillo posted:

Which one has you finially murder dr. Wiley to death. Cause that happens.

Mega Man kills Wily in 7. I beat it a while ago, he says now he's gonna do what he should have done a long time ago and he charges his buster. My power went out then but I assume Dr Wily is killed. I assume Mega Man 8 is about Mr X again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I realize completion isn't a great way to factor the time spent on a game but I already have four games I've bought and played for a bit (I can't seem to find a time played information anywhere): Darkest Dungeon, Thumper, Lumines and Puyo Puyo Tetris. And I like the latter three, I think they're great games but I haven't wanted to sit down and have proper gos at them with everything else. DD is the only game I actively regret getting.

And then I have things like Bomberman R, which I beat the Single Player mode but hardly ever replay, which is somewhat like what happened with Mario Tennis, though you'll see me go through a few championships here and there.

I never "beat" Skyrim despite how many dozens of hours I put into it. I didn't get all the moons in Mario Odyssey. I haven't finished all the Grand Prixs in Mario Kart. And I'm on the chapter 4's of Octopath. But here I am trying so had to not buy another game before I finish those chapters because I don't want this thing to turn out like my Steam account. Just a bunch of games that I'll never play.

I almost got VVVVVVV with that sale, but I've played it several times now and it'd be silly to play it again with everything offered at the moment. Next purchase will either be Hyper Light Drifter (I think that'll get my money before Dead Cells in the end) as far as indies go and/or Okami or Dark Souls for console games. But Katamari is on the horizon and everything goes out the window with Smash.

content
Feb 13, 2014

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Haha, look at this guy who hasn't played Mega Man 6. I'm almost to the final boss but you find out at the beginning of the game that Dr Wily was only a pawn the whole time, working for the mysterious Mr. X.

:newlol:

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I've been playing Puyo Tetris at least 4 hours a week since I got it. Playing the 3 minute score attack mode is a good way to get a feeling of accomplishment without spending a ton of time on it. Although I love endurance mode too.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Heath posted:

I've been playing Puyo Tetris at least 4 hours a week since I got it. Playing the 3 minute score attack mode is a good way to get a feeling of accomplishment without spending a ton of time on it. Although I love endurance mode too.

It's pretty quick to get into online games. I haven't played since online went pay and not sure if you need it for Tetris, but I could see that putting an end to the instant matches.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Mega Man kills Wily in 7. I beat it a while ago, he says now he's gonna do what he should have done a long time ago and he charges his buster. My power went out then but I assume Dr Wily is killed. I assume Mega Man 8 is about Mr X again

What's funny is during that scene dr wily is like "now now megaman you know robots cannot harm humans", but during the fight before when dr wily was in the two legged skull machine, you literally shoot dr wily himself, in the face, to beat him. I think that's the first time you ever directly shoot dr wily, it's really weird. He reacts in pain and everything

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Heath posted:

I get it. The game is worth Tetris alone at the price I got it for (20e) but it's just when I have chance to play something it's always the last thing I got, currently Into the Breach or Octopath. Or Splatoon when I have the time to sit down for a good block of time.

I think my partner has played Tetris more, and that's whenever we listen to podcasts together.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

mateo360 posted:

I double checked the e-mail in google and it didn't show up in any phishing report and I sort of remember entering it. he only thing that seemed off was it being a month off the original draw date which is why I figure I must be after several redraws.

it didn't exactly say where to send it to. I figure it is the address there at the bottom of the e-mail.

According to the My Nintendo group MyNintendo@noa.nintendo.com is their official email address, just reply back to that email with the paperwork. They said they will ship mine out this week in response.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

do any of the megaman collections other than the first one have the rewind feature? my 4yr old loves megaman but all the games are too hard for him (other than the psp remake of 1) and i end up having to help so much he may as well not even be playing.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Kly posted:

do any of the megaman collections other than the first one have the rewind feature? my 4yr old loves megaman but all the games are too hard for him (other than the psp remake of 1) and i end up having to help so much he may as well not even be playing.

No. Mega Man 11 has a new player casual difficulty though that may work out for him.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Kly posted:

X Legacy 2 has "rookie hunter" mode that tones down some of the difficulty. I can't speak more to it than that.

When we were kids, I would've been in first or second grade, we had Mega Man 2 and my brother couldn't do the Air Man jump from one cloud to another. My mom would watch and tell him when to jump.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I haven't finished all the Grand Prixs in Mario Kart

Kinda surpassed at this one, since if you pick 50cc, the AI is effectively brain dead.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mister Facetious posted:

Kinda surpassed at this one, since if you pick 50cc, the AI is effectively brain dead.

I meant going through Mirror Mode and 200cc. I've done everything up through there. I have a handful of GP to go through on Mirror Mode.

I mean I've played the game plenty on single player and multiplayer, it's not one that I can consider "unplayed".

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

JawnV6 posted:

When we were kids, I would've been in first or second grade, we had Mega Man 2 and my brother couldn't do the Air Man jump from one cloud to another. My mom would watch and tell him when to jump.

Aw that's the cutest, my dad used to always do the underwater bomb section in the nes turtles game, i was terrified as of that as a kid. I could pop it in right now and do it without even taking damage, can only guess it was the time limit that made me so anxious.

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

I remember my dad waking up me and my sister to see the end of mario on nes when we were kids

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Diabetic posted:

According to the My Nintendo group MyNintendo@noa.nintendo.com is their official email address, just reply back to that email with the paperwork. They said they will ship mine out this week in response.

yeah that is what e-mail said but does that mean I am signing it and then rescanning it to send back?

EDIT: I suppose just tell me what you did with the affidavit because all it said in the email was to replay with it and it also says to return all pages.

mateo360 fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Oct 2, 2018

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1047171632110886912

Agenta Khaulan
Oct 12, 2014
Anyone know how long the battery life of the switch is undocked? I like the ports the switch is getting, some of them are really well done.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

Agenta Khaulan posted:

Anyone know how long the battery life of the switch is undocked? I like the ports the switch is getting, some of them are really well done.

Depends on the game. BOTW and other graphics intensive games are usually around 3 hours, give or take. 2d indie poo poo that doesn't take so much power can push closer to 5 or 6 depending on how well it's actually been optimized.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Agenta Khaulan posted:

3-6 hours, depending on the game. Pretty standard for a mobile platform.

Drop the brightness and volume to half, and you can coax a little more out of it.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Agenta Khaulan posted:

Depends on the game. Between 2~6 hours.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

apparently a moderate amount of moba knowledge makes you pretty much a unkillable god in arena of valor.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Speaking of DQ Builders 2
https://gematsu.com/2018/10/dragon-quest-builders-2-further-details-vacant-island-setting-more-evolved-building-elements

Dec 20, in time to sit on long flights building all the things.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

LethalGeek posted:

Speaking of DQ Builders 2
https://gematsu.com/2018/10/dragon-quest-builders-2-further-details-vacant-island-setting-more-evolved-building-elements

Dec 20, in time to sit on long flights building all the things.

Does it connect to the first one in any way?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Agenta Khaulan posted:

Longer than I need it to be. I'll say to myself "I'll play till the battery dies" and then it never does.

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

Agenta Khaulan posted:

Depends on the game. Mine lasts like an hour playing Zelda, but forever playing darkest dungeon.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

BigHead posted:

Depends on the game. Mine lasts like an hour playing Zelda, but forever playing darkest dungeon.
BOTW at full brightness and volume should still last 3 hours. If you're barely getting an hour something is wrong with your Switch.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

mateo360 posted:

yeah that is what e-mail said but does that mean I am signing it and then rescanning it to send back?

EDIT: I suppose just tell me what you did with the affidavit because all it said in the email was to replay with it and it also says to return all pages.

I signed the one box they needed and then printed my name and address in the other part of the box. I uploaded it from my phone using adobe to put in my signature. I replied back with my downloaded and updated copy of the pdf and they said it was all good.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Played through bounce man and fuse man so far (and lost all my lives before getting to Ice Frost Cube Tundra Man). Lots of fun so far! That last bouncy room with the E-tank was kind of a dick!

It's against all my instincts to actually use the gear system but they are fun to use and really useful.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I had to force myself to use the gears in the demo. Having some kind of persistent power like that feels so un-Mega Man but once I did start using them the bullshit parts of the stage suddenly got very do-able.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Went 20/0 in my first arena of Valor match

Game's good folks

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1047290182204940288?s=19

They said when this months games come, 10/10

All three of these are bangers by the way. Super Dodge Ball is one one of the best multiplayer games on the NES, Solomon's Key is an amazing puzzle platformer, NES Open still holds up as a good golf game.

My friend code: SW-4892-2241-7132
Add me jerks! Current profile name is Al Borland.

I didn't say it in the OP but feel free to add your friend code to any post.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Legit stoked for more people to experience Solomon's Key. We better get Fire 'n Ice too, it's one of the most eminently enjoyable games in the library.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Solomon’s Key is one of the popular NES games I’ve never tried so looking forward to that. I do love the other two. It’s amazing how much of an improvement NES OTG is over Golf.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
My personal highly unlikely wish list is KickMaster, Mendel Palace, Fire 'n Ice, Uncharted Waters, and Panic Restaurant. Any of those would be great. And more puzzle games like Pipe Dream would be nice.

Edit: it's too bad the Tengen games are off the table, because I would love Klax on the Switch. Maybe they'll port the arcade.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Wii trivia: the 9 courses from Wii Sports are from NES Golf

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
So with Mario party not being eligible for handheld does that mean I can't bring my switch over to my friends house and control my guy from my switch while he plays on the big screen?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Can’t wait. I loving love golf games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Gay Horney posted:

So with Mario party not being eligible for handheld does that mean I can't bring my switch over to my friends house and control my guy from my switch while he plays on the big screen?

Maybe but you’d probably have to play in table top mode.