Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Paolomania posted:

Why? Did she watch Fahrenheit 11/9?

No. She just likes Obama a lot and wants to be able to look at his Presidency through an unbiased lens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1046818355322261504?s=21

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Serious Conservatives are so full of poo poo. Trumpism has been rampant for decades if not way longer though all these respectable people from privileged backgrounds.

Also Starbucks CEO is going to win over the Kidz with his compelling message of centrism adding more legitimacy to the argument that the rich are so disconnected from the rest of society they basically live in an alternate universe.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Oct 2, 2018

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
So Bernie got Amazon to raise their minimum wage to 15 bucks an hour, and Bezos to tweet his thanks to him as well as call on other companies to do the same.

But I've got really bad news...

he's not a Democrat

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Radish posted:

Bloomberg's primary strategy apparently is highlight all the poo poo everyone doesn't like about him since his ego is so off the charts he thinks everyone else just hasn't had his greatness explained well enough. If any of those three won the primary it would have to be due to literal vote manipulation so they dont scare me.

Lol Bloomberg won’t set foot in a primary, if he runs its a self funded campaign for either vanity or to (attempt to) suicide bomb a Democratic nominee unpalatable to the mega rich. Possibly both.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lightning Knight posted:

Cuomo is probably the worst outcome in terms of people who are both terrible and likely to win, at least in my opinion, with Biden as a close second.

Cuomo would never win the primary* (same for folks like Bloomberg or whatever); Biden is the one I consider to have the worst combination of "relatively high risk of winning" and "bad politics."

* is there even any reason to think he'd run for president?

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Biden has topped polls of "most liked politicians," even ahead of Bernie in cases. Granted, I think a primary reason for this is because as VP he was a non-entity and the Bidenbro memes were endearing after the election. If he started running a serious campaign his numbers would probably drop significantly. Regardless, if he starts campaigning he'll get a lot of early buzz and big donor money backing, but I think in the end those interests will settle on Kamala.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

Cuomo would never win the primary* (same for folks like Bloomberg or whatever); Biden is the one I consider to have the worst combination of "relatively high risk of winning" and "bad politics."

The local public radio honcho has been saying for years that Cuomo will run, but he was also certain that Cuomo would ram through fracking in NY State and Cuomo ended up not doing that so who knows

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah exactly. These rich idiots are getting told by some consultant they overpay for that "yes what people are crying out for is fiscal conservatism" because they want to hear it and get hopped up on their own farms. Bloomberg isn't threatening anyone in a primary although if they want to run there instead of as a spoiler in the general all the more power to them.

I think for a moment Cuomo was seen as the next centrist star but even the Democrats have to realize he's really unpopular when he can put his finger on the scale and outside the New York primary he has no such ability.

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

Its cool that Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi love Brett Kavanaugh, and want to kiss him and hug him.

B B
Dec 1, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/thehill/status/1047183198118141952

J.B. CURES KANSAS
Sep 22, 2018

"I am now quite certain that the crimes of this guilty land will never be purged away but with blood."

Yearning for the day I no longer have to give a solitary poo poo what Nancy Pelosi thinks about anything, ever again, forever.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

J.B. CURES KANSAS posted:

Yearning for the day I no longer have to give a solitary poo poo what Nancy Pelosi thinks about anything, ever again, forever.

The Republicans have apparently decided that only another old lady is an appropriate opposition candidate.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

B B
Dec 1, 2005

https://mobile.twitter.com/LisaDNews/status/1047201391675105283

The other minority leader has weighed in, as well.

J.B. CURES KANSAS
Sep 22, 2018

"I am now quite certain that the crimes of this guilty land will never be purged away but with blood."

Maybe they're just trying to make a really solid case against entryism, to progressives and leftists. I gotta tell you, it's working.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
The Democrats are loving stupid.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
there's a real risk that an emmanuel or cuomo (or someone similar but lesser-known, like steve bullock, terry mcauliffe, or john hickenlooper) ends up the establishment front-runner in a situation where someone like biden clears the decks but then withdraws

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1047163722018566144

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1047166961996759042

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1047222753378652160

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
lol that smells like bullshit.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Sounds like the prologue in Jeff Sessions fanfic wtf

B B
Dec 1, 2005

A new challenger approaches

https://twitter.com/scapelliti/status/1047264665900867586

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Lightning Knight posted:

lol that smells like bullshit.

It smells like *tokes* some good poo poo

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Lol

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Yet more proof that voting for the “lesser” evil just gets you evil

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Inspiring.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

lmao less than a week since I defended Feinstein from the insinuation she's cool with a rapist on the court.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Condiv posted:

Yet more proof that voting for the “lesser” evil just gets you evil

It’s frustrating that liberals can’t fathom this.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

In a deep red state like California we need to just be thankful we can have a D at all. That means we are one Senator closer to having the majority which means basically everything. People need to chill out with the counterproductive purity testing.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

theCalamity posted:

It’s frustrating that liberals can’t fathom this.

i think it will become increasingly fathomable as the difference between the right and the centrists becomes vanishingly thin. right now, we're looking at a difference of "wants to destroy the country out of spite for black people, minorities, etc" and "wants to destroy the country out of spite for demonstrators", and i dunno if that's a difference worth even the slightest of consideration by the most strident of lefties

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Condiv posted:

i think it will become increasingly fathomable as the difference between the right and the centrists becomes vanishingly thin. right now, we're looking at a difference of "wants to destroy the country out of spite for black people, minorities, etc" and "wants to destroy the country out of spite for demonstrators", and i dunno if that's a difference worth even the slightest of consideration by the most strident of lefties

Oh I bet the likes of Schumer, Pelosi, and Feinstein would definitely turn on us if we happened to demonstrate against them. I think it's something we should definitely do especially if the Democrats take back control of the government. Annoy them and press them on progressive issues. The constant stressing that voting is all you need to do to effect change just results in complacency. We need more direct action even against the Democrats.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Feinstein literally pulling the "your complaining is what made me support white supremacy" bad faith arguments from right wing Twitter.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Yeah that makes a whole lot of sense. WTF Feinstein. :psyduck:

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/newsworldforev4/status/1047417408535908352?s=21

Space Gopher
Jul 31, 2006

BLITHERING IDIOT AND HARDCORE DURIAN APOLOGIST. LET ME TELL YOU WHY THIS SHIT DON'T STINK EVEN THOUGH WE ALL KNOW IT DOES BECAUSE I'M SUPER CULTURED.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

So Bernie got Amazon to raise their minimum wage to 15 bucks an hour, and Bezos to tweet his thanks to him as well as call on other companies to do the same.

Jeff Bezos and Amazon aren't slightly bumping up their wages because Bernie convinced them to become leftists.

Amazon thinks that they have better robots and automation than anybody else, so a higher minimum wage will hurt their competition while they slash lower-level jobs and human labor costs to practically nothing. Their vision of future blue-collar workplaces already exists in AWS data centers: huge multi-billion-dollar systems that basically run themselves, with a single-digit number of local workers that take mediocre paychecks to deal with unexpected issues.

Also, their warehouse/shipping working environment is so hellish that they need to pay relatively well just to look like a better option than unemployment.

If Bezos gave the single tiniest poo poo about workers or what Bernie has to say, he'd be encouraging and supporting unionization, not throwing a few crumbs to the people breaking their bodies in Amazon warehouses while AMZN shareholders take home staggering gains.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

But I've got really bad news...

he's not a Democrat

I highly suspect bezos did the math a realized most of his employees would end up spending disposable income on his products.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

VitalSigns posted:

lmao less than a week since I defended Feinstein from the insinuation she's cool with a rapist on the court.

:same: she’s bad

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

Crowsbeak posted:

I highly suspect bezos did the math a realized most of his employees would end up spending disposable income on his products.

This. Bezos pulled a Henry Ford.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I kinda feel long term this Kavanaugh and Trump stuff is going to be worse for the Democrats than the GOP.
Republicans have decided to go all in on their hatred and desire to protect their various privileges. The Democratic leadership only knows how to compromise away everything in order to fruitlessly appease upperclass conservatives they wish was their base. After Kavanaugh is confirmed and their solution is to raise the Senate vote up to 60 and chastise any protesters that make individual Republicans uncomfortable (such as Pelosi and Schumer having harsher words for the Red Hen than Sanders herself) they are going to tank even further in popularity. My feeling is the Democrats get in on a wave of anger in 2020 then flub it by doing nothing as usual and then take hits worse than during Obama's terms, especially if the President is some worthless loser who isn't even personally charismatic.

The super blue areas will remain firm but anywhere that isn't in the tank is going to be hit hard when they decide to play nice with the people that are openly reveling in their monstrosity.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 3, 2018

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Radish posted:

I kinda feel long term this Kavanaugh and Trump stuff is going to be worse for the Democrats than the GOP.
Republicans have decided to go all in on their hatred and desire to protect their various privileges. The Democratic leadership only knows how to compromise away everything in order to fruitlessly appease upperclass conservatives they wish was their base. After Kavanaugh is confirmed and their solution is to raise the Senate vote up to 60 and chastise any protesters that make individual Republicans uncomfortable (such as Pelosi and Schumer having harsher words for the Red Hen than Sanders herself) they are going to tank even further in popularity. My feeling is the Democrats get in on a wave of anger in 2020 then flub it by doing nothing as usual and then take hits worse than during Obama's terms, especially if the President is some worthless loser who isn't even personally charismatic.

The super blue areas will remain firm but anywhere that isn't in the tank is going to be hit hard when they decide to play nice with the people that are openly reveling in their monstrosity.

The high likelihood og Bernie in 2020 probably has them prepared to back Howard Schulz-Bloomburg splitter ticket.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

If a worthless centrist gets in 2020, and blows it all away, I fully expect to die in a trench here in canada fighting the Competent Fascist that comes after.

• Locked thread