Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Dragonatrix posted:

What's wrong with the one on the Archive? Most folks seemed to enjoy it.

I checked that one out before asking; all the video links are throwing 502s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Dzhay posted:

I checked that one out before asking; all the video links are throwing 502s.

https://archive.org/details/LP_Paper_Mario

There has to be a way to make that banner stand out more.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Put tits on it.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Blink tags.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Plain text and a blue, underlined link to the Internet Archive page. Maybe bold it if you're feeling fancy.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Welp. Now I feel dumb.

In my defence, decades of internet have trained me to ignore anything in a banner, especially a red one. So:

90s Cringe Rock posted:

Plain text and a blue, underlined link to the Internet Archive page. Maybe bold it if you're feeling fancy.
Basically this.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Doc M posted:

https://archive.org/details/LP_Paper_Mario

There has to be a way to make that banner stand out more.

honestly, i've seen people miss the banner so often ( myself included ) that it's now just kind of a welcome experience whenever it happens. it's like sitting by a window, drinking hot chocolate, and watching the rain fall. it's like welcoming back an old friend. it's like booting up Chrono Trigger for the 40th time.

:unsmith:

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true
Blue text might be pretty effective, actually, given that the site's colours are red and white. It would pop out pretty well, and it would have the advantage of not being a banner that looks like an ad.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
Does any have a good recommendation for a VLP of Resident Evil: Code Veronica?

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Is there a good lp of White Day? Rewatching SBFP's shitstorms and I kinda want to see a good full LP of this.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Is there any possible way to find out if a given LP will be archived? This Gods Must Be Watching LP was real good, and I don't want it to vanish into the archives forever.

e: Also Zenithe's Until I Have You which was another real good LP.

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."
Either ask the LPer if they submitted the LP to the archives or ask baldurk if it's in his queue. LPs don't get archived unless the LPer requests it. So that's the only two ways to find out.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

IGgy IGsen posted:

Either ask the LPer if they submitted the LP to the archives or ask baldurk if it's in his queue. LPs don't get archived unless the LPer requests it. So that's the only two ways to find out.

PM to Zenithe awayyy

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

IGgy IGsen posted:

Moreover baldurk is incredibly busy IRL, so the Archive tends to update in fits and spurts after months of silence, so patience is the key.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure I've finished an LP and gotten it archived after the Gods Will Be Watching LP was completed, so if Zenithe asked for archives, then baldurk doesn't process requests in order.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I'm pretty sure I've finished an LP and gotten it archived after the Gods Will Be Watching LP was completed, so if Zenithe asked for archives, then baldurk doesn't process requests in order.

Generally, in my experience, he puts them in the queue in the order that he receives the final ascent from the OP that the Archived version looks right. I've had several LPs that I've asked be edited and corrected between submitting and approval, so that's knocked them down the queue order a bit. But the Archive hasn't updated in months, so that generally means baldurk is done with his latest received batch of Archive requests.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone have a link to that subtitled Alien Isolation LP? I can't find it in the archive.

Gallatin
Sep 20, 2004

FluxFaun posted:

Does anyone have a link to that subtitled Alien Isolation LP? I can't find it in the archive.

Here you go - it is by TomViolence and it's great:
Thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3707293
YT Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLe3hQ3S9ab9Z2li2bO29AYLMecJh8Ls9d

Here is another Alien Isolation subbed LP that is also pretty good:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj5l0dG7_wBtaYNj0jklw5wIc1UwVA2HW

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Thank you! Do you also have a good Prey LP? Preferably subtitled.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It's not subtitled, but the Time Warriors has done LPs of both the main game and the DLC.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

Are there any good LPs of Okami out there? I know Silver Falcon did one but the video quality hasn't aged well.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I'm in the mood for junk food. Anybody know of some good Minecraft mod LPs or streams? It's been a long while since I played Minecraft and I recall liking the ability to mod stuff in, but I don't have a computer that can handle it right now.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Sorry to continue the question rampage but does anyone know of a good lp of the serious Sam series? Just have a hankering for it

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

ZeusCannon posted:

Sorry to continue the question rampage but does anyone know of a good lp of the serious Sam series? Just have a hankering for it

How would one define a good Serious Sam LP though
I can't really think of a good way to make it good short of a speedrun, at which point it's no LP

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
A playthrough with entertaining commentary would be enough, I'd say, but more elaborate executions are possible. It would be fun to see one where the commentator goes into the real-life history of wherever they are presently blowing up shirtless screaming kamikazes because they do poke at that in the game itself, but I don't know if such a thing exists.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

CJacobs posted:

A playthrough with entertaining commentary would be enough, I'd say, but more elaborate executions are possible. It would be fun to see one where the commentator goes into the real-life history of wherever they are presently blowing up shirtless screaming kamikazes because they do poke at that in the game itself, but I don't know if such a thing exists.

Okay actually now that you say that I could, in fact, do that, because I'm an enamored with ancient Egypt, have some strong words for modern Egypt, and do know a thing or two about ancient Latin American civilizations
But it would not work for Serious Sam 2... not that anyone in their right mind would want to play that

Ganj
Oct 9, 2012

ZeusCannon posted:

Quackworth's stuff is OK. If nothing else, it'll sate the hankering.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL69ECC59E64EFA4A5

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

AllisonByProxy posted:

A German Spy did a Persona 5 LP. Starts off as a blind first look but eventually becomes a very thorough complete LP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chL7DbEXKRU

I'm making my way through this first episode- does his style of LP ever change? The guy just seems incredibly surprised and amazed by every line of dialog that it's almost painful to watch. Does he ever... turn it down or chill out at some point?

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Not really. He's an acquired taste.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I skipped around the first video a bit and oh my god that is a lovely youtube LP. Hard fukkin pass.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
He's very slow and methodical and often is prone to tangents about the smallest things. Persona is one of his favorite series so I won't fault him for being enthused about the first new title in many years. His shtick does grow on you if you let it. I got into him years ago based on his very meticulous Demons Souls videos.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

His Horizon: Zero Dawn was enjoyable I thought, helped by the fact he worked on the official guide for it so had a few interesting insights and was able to break the hardest difficulty over his knee. I almost bounced straight off his LP manner though.

geri_khan
May 16, 2009

Fucking blocks... I'm gonna climb the shit outta you!
I stuck with that P5 LP far longer than I should have and thoroughly regretted it.

Eventually broke when he had the worst possible take on the "Ryuji and two gay stereotypes" scene.

If you want a P5 VLP, I liked CohhCarnage's. Goes in sceptical, comes out loving it.

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

Spy doesn't even finish the game. He stops playing in November.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

Alexeythegreat posted:

How would one define a good Serious Sam LP though
I can't really think of a good way to make it good short of a speedrun, at which point it's no LP

I think a big chewing-the-fat co-op game in the style of Men Drinkin Coffee, the Chorps/FutureFriend/JayOfSpade/etc crew, or Serious Saturdays With /v/ would be the best way to do it. Serious Sam was pretty much made for a MST3K style ribbing.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB

loving love Fiona Apple posted:

Spy doesn't even finish the game. He stops playing in November.

In the description of the last video it says additional info but links to an unlisted playlist thats the rest of the game. He did this to avoid the video rules Atlus put out at the time.

Which I suppose I'll just link for you: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXFAi44KRnptt5g2dYLepVyz4kZSO95uZ

AllisonByProxy fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Oct 14, 2018

fucking love Fiona Apple
Jun 19, 2013

samus comfy so what

AllisonByProxy posted:

In the description of the last video it says additional info but links to an unlisted playlist thats the rest of the game. He did this to avoid the video rules Atlus put out at the time.

Which I suppose I'll just link for you: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLXFAi44KRnptt5g2dYLepVyz4kZSO95uZ

Welp.

Damegane
May 7, 2013
Anybody know of any skilled LPs of Company of Heroes 2 specifically, and also skilled LPs of RTS campaigns in general? I'm looking for something along the lines of Melth's Age of Mythology LP, where the LPer knows the game inside out and makes very nice plays while explaining his tactics.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Damegane posted:

Anybody know of any skilled LPs of Company of Heroes 2 specifically, and also skilled LPs of RTS campaigns in general? I'm looking for something along the lines of Melth's Age of Mythology LP, where the LPer knows the game inside out and makes very nice plays while explaining his tactics.
Neruz's Total Annihilation serie runs work pretty well for this. Nowhere near as amazing as Melth ripping AoM apart and turning it inside out but they're chill and interesting. Plus the games are a piece of RTS history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
I just finished reading Major\Minor (:suicide:) and need some more dumpster fires to read. Hit me.