Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

What the heck is the point of the greater orb ticket dungeons other than as a trap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
3/11 - Shantotto AOSB, Glint; Prompto BSB

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
1/11 Shelke BSB.

Well, that's that then. I've been extremely lazy about attempting to do higher-end content in this game as of late (I still haven't even bothered to clear a 4* Magicite yet), and decided to see if the Festival could entice me into giving a poo poo again. Guess not!

Stuff I wanted out of over 400 mythril spent:

Better ice stuff
Better lightning stuff
A 2.0 Chain
TERROR BALTIMORE USB2
Elarra USB

At least I got the waifu pull. Sigh

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

What the heck is the point of the greater orb ticket dungeons other than as a trap?

I think that's about it, yup - nobody's going to run them except new players who don't know any better and die-hard completionists who can't stand to leave a dungeon unmastered.

Quick fest postmortem now that we're at Banner 5. This fest included the two absolute luckiest pulls of my entire time playing FFRK - I'm not used to being a lucksack, so I'm still a bit baffled.

RoP: Not very hot compared to some of the hauls here, but still decent for 85 mythril. Along with 7 dupes, I picked up 3 SSBs, 4 LMRs and 1 BSB, plus Gabranth's OSB (much-needed +dark weapon), Tidus' Glint and Cloud's USB2.

LMR Lucky: 1/11, Estinien. I have nothing for Estinien.
OSB Lucky: Skip
USB Lucky: 5/11 :wtc: Snow, Refia, Rapha, Edgar, Vaan 1. No dupes.

Banner 1 - wanted any of the 6*s, really, especially the chain; I already had Maria's USB:

100 gems: Maria's glint
2/11: Maria's glint and AOSB
4/11: Maria's USB, Larsa's USB, Emperor's BSB2, Red's LMR

Banner 5 - just wishing for a lightning chain here:

100 gems: Nah
6/11: Prompto's chain, Garnet's chain, Kain's USB2, Totto's AOSB, Garnet's LMR x2

That wasn't what I was expecting. I don't know what the hell happened, but I'll call it an early birthday present. Last winter I more or less stopped playing for six months because I was having zero luck, so it feels strange being on the flipside of that now.

Ripley fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Oct 3, 2018

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Banner 5 pull: 3/11 - dupe Shelke BSB, dupe Prompto LMR, Shantotto LMR2

Was hoping for some magic lightning tech and was appropriately disappointed; all I have for Shantotto is her other LMR.

Looking ahead it seems like we have months of largely mediocre banners (the next fest in particular seems pretty lame) so...saving mode engage I guess?

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!
I really hope it's saving mode time, because my mythril is down to single figures after a largely disappointing festival. I was more hyped about my RoP pulls in all honesty. Shame, but at least I can now eke out a sub-30 Golem thanks to some +wind gear and Cloud tech.

3/11 Shantotto AOSB, Glint. Ignis LMR.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
From unable to clear Kraken to semi-consistent sub-30s in one pull. Awesome.

Three more magicites to go! OSB/USB1/Glint/AOSB Bartz backed up by BSB Ignis should be able to mince Marilith, right? The only other water DPS I really have is Tidus BSB1 or Yuffie with Glint, both of whom can be dived if need be.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

MarquiseMindfang posted:

From unable to clear Kraken to semi-consistent sub-30s in one pull. Awesome.

Three more magicites to go! OSB/USB1/Glint/AOSB Bartz backed up by BSB Ignis should be able to mince Marilith, right? The only other water DPS I really have is Tidus BSB1 or Yuffie with Glint, both of whom can be dived if need be.

Pretty much this, two pulls and I have shantotto ultra + arcane and garnet chain + lmr. Sadly, nothing for ignis or porpto except for porpto's dualcast lmr, but I did get shelke's bsb. Still, I now have an actual lightning magic team!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
No 6*s in 2 pulls of banner 5 :(

Most of it was non dupes though.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I probably shouldn't pull I already have Shantotto CSB

thank you for rewarding my stupid pull

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach
I have 0 lightning focused relics so I pulled on banner 5 and got Garnet's chain. Great! If only I had anything to chain.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

No 6*s in 2 pulls of banner 5 :(

Most of it was non dupes though.

If it's any consolation the one pull I had for it yielded two dupes of the only item I had on it: Ignis BSB. :negative:

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Oh yeah, how good is Shadow USB? It doesn't look particularly stellar, but I got it, so...

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it's a bit dated now but when ultras with chases were first starting out it was considered one of the highest dps things running when taking into account the ninja multihit skills and doublecasting potency

its main failing is it doesn't give the user a boost to dark along with all the other stuff it does

Cowcaster fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Oct 3, 2018

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

LornMarkus posted:

If it's any consolation the one pull I had for it yielded two dupes of the only item I had on it: Ignis BSB. :negative:

I got 1/11 Ignis BSB and am thoroughly confused as to what it actually does, so yeah.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

IllegallySober posted:

I got 1/11 Ignis BSB and am thoroughly confused as to what it actually does, so yeah.

turns almost any physical attacker into Cloud, minus the damage cap breaking

+30% ATK/RES, Haste, +100% Crit Rate the turn after, +50% Crit Dmg the turn after that, and then he can give out instant casts every turn after that til the burst ends. Use with Thunder God RM for excellent results.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

MarquiseMindfang posted:

turns almost any physical attacker into Cloud, minus the damage cap breaking

+30% ATK/RES, Haste, +100% Crit Rate the turn after, +50% Crit Dmg the turn after that, and then he can give out instant casts every turn after that til the burst ends. Use with Thunder God RM for excellent results.

Yeah it's really good. I got it when it was released and I use it a lot.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ripley posted:

Good attitude to have. I can't help finding the conspiracy theories interesting, if only because gachas are in such a weird space, but as we don't have access to real data it usually just seems to end up with people bickering over anecdotes and confirmation bias.

Unfortunately, there has been at least one time in this game where the conspiracy was right/confirmed by the company (the global rate-rigging with regards to the very first FFT banner with Ramza/Agrias poo poo) and since then everyone acts like every conspiracy is true.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

IllegallySober posted:

You start out with two ingredients. Using command 1 adds an ingredient, and using command 2 consumes an ingredient and grants a buff depending on how many ingredients you have.

At 2 ingredients, it grants 100% crit rate for 25s.
At 1 ingredient, it grants 2x crit damage for 25s.
At 0 ingredients, it grants one turn of instant cast.

So basically, on top of the hastega and the ATK/RES buff on entry, it lets you nearly double a character's damage output and give them instant cast every other turn (Ignis still has to take normal turns, unless you have another source of cast time reduction).

It's probably the best support BSB in the game.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So I'm 11 Krakens in and I haven't seen a single Gizamaluke drop. Weird.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

KataraniSword posted:

Unfortunately, there has been at least one time in this game where the conspiracy was right/confirmed by the company (the global rate-rigging with regards to the very first FFT banner with Ramza/Agrias poo poo) and since then everyone acts like every conspiracy is true.

It's like reverse wolf-crying. If you always cry wolf, but the wolf happens to show up early enough, you can keep crying wolf forever and people will keep believing you. Checkout my theorycraft on minmaxing conspiracy-based fearmongering at:

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Getting so close. Totally useless but feels good man

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Today is a momentous occasion, for I have finally gotten an Evrae magicite to level 99.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

It's the latest II event in JP and that means finally giving some toys to some long-deprived characters - Leila in particular hadn't gotten anything new since her BSB debuted!
First a balance buff for her:
Leila
+ Sharpshooter 6*
+ Axe, Spear, Staff, Thrown, Hat

Leila Legend Materia posted:

Leila LM1: +10% PHY damage
Leila LM2: Instant Cast 3 & Haste at the start of battle
Leila LMR: When using Poison or Water abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
New relics are split between banners; Leon, Minwu, and Scott get their new stuff on banner 1, Leila and Ricard get their new stuff on banner 2.

Banner 1 posted:

Leon's Blood Lance [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Dark Overflow physical attacks
Minwu's Rune Staff [AOSB, +10 MND] - 3 single-target Holy Overflow white magic attacks

Leon's Model [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Dark physical attacks, ATK & MAG -40%, Quick Cast & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Dark abilities
Level 0: Single-target Dark physical attack
Level 1~2: Single-target Dark Overflow physical attack, med% maxHP recoil, DEF -30%
Level 3: Single-target Dark Overflow physical attack, med% maxHP recoil, DEF & RES -70%

Scott's Break Blade [USB, +10 ATK ] - ATK/MAG/MND +30%, Haste & Astra to party, En-Fire if Hilda is in party
Minwu's Light Robe [USB, +10 MND] - 10 single-target Holy/NE white magic attacks, MND +50%, White Magic Ability Boost & White Magic Ability Double to user
Hilda's Lamia Harp [USB, +10 MND] - h85 heal, DEF +100% & Last Stand to party, Instant Cast

Leon's Blade [Glint, +10 ATK] - En-Dark, En-Dark Stack & 6000 HP Stock to user, Instant Cast
Minwu's Lordly Robes [Glint, +10 MND] - En-Holy, En-Holy Stack & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Leon's Obelisk [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Dark for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Minwu's Asura's Rod [LMR, +10 MND] - En-Holy for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Leon's Diamond Armor [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Darkness abilities
Minwu's Staff of the Magi [LMR, +10 MND] - 25% chance to Dualcast White Magic abilities
Scott's Demon Shield [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Fire for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Hilda's Cloak [LMR, +10 MND] - 25% chance to Dualcast White Magic abilities

Banner 2 posted:

Maria's Gaia Gear [AOSB, +10 MAG] - 3 single-target Earth Overflow magic attacks
Firion's Red Sword [AOSB, +10 ATK] - 3 single-target Holy/Ice/Fire Overflow physical attacks

Leila's Zwill Crossblade [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Poison/Water/NE physical attacks, Critical Chance +100% & Thief or Sharpshooter Ability Double to user
Ricard's Holy Lance [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Wind/Lightning jump attacks, Instant Jump & Dragon's Howl to user
Dragon's Howl: After using Dragoon abilities, grants same-row members Dragoon Damage +30% & No Air Time for 1 turn
Firion's Bandana [USB, +10 ATK] - 10 single-target Holy/Ice/Fire physical attacks, Critical Chance +75%, Quick Cast & Brave Mode to user
Condition: Use Samurai abilities
Level 0: Single-target Holy/Ice/Fire physical attack
Level 1~3: Single-target Holy/Ice/Fire Overflow physical attack

Emperor's Mateus's Malice [USB, +10 MAG] - 8 AOE Earth/Wind magic attacks, Imperil Earth, ATK/MAG/RES -50%

Maria's Ice Bow [Glint, +10 MAG] - Earth Damage +20% & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast
Firion's Model [Glint, +10 ATK] - Weakness Damage +30% & High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast
Emperor's Violet Robe [Glint, +10 MAG] - Single-target minor Lightning Break, High Quick Cast 2 to user, Instant Cast

Leila's Bandana [LMR, +10 ATK] - When using Poison or Water abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1
Ricard's Dragon Armor [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Lightning for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Ricard's Gauntlets [LMR, +10 ATK] - En-Wind for 25 seconds at the start of battle
Firion's Winged Helm [LMR, +10 ATK] - 25% chance to Dualcast Samurai abilities
Emperor's Silver Despot [LMR, +10 MAG] - En-Earth for 25 seconds at the start of battle

Stats on the new 6* abilities:
6* Black Magic, Chain Tornado: 5 single-target Wind magic attacks (5 x 3.05)
Requires: Black, NE/Wind

6* White Magic, Holyja: 5 single-target Holy white magic attacks (5 x 3.10)
Requires: White, Ice/Holy

6* Darkness, Demon's Cross: 5 single-target Dark physical attacks, 25/15/5% maxHP recoil with 0/1/2 uses (5 x 1.07)
Requires: Dark, Black/Earth

6* Darkness, Necrocount: 5 single-target Dark magic attacks, 45s Doom to user, Doom Count -1, 6 hits when Doom is below 20 (5/6 x 3.15)
Requires: Dark, NE/Ice

Hogama fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 4, 2018

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
eyyyyy Leila isnt gonna suck anymore good for her.
though I thought they were moving away from Poison being a thing.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

stab posted:

Getting so close. Totally useless but feels good man

I only have 3 left to go and I agree.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

And with Demon Cross all the Orlandeau USB users gave a collective sigh of relief as they have a hard-hitting darkness option that won’t potentially get him killed if you have a w-cast proc on top of the double.

Time to add another hundred-odd to the ‘Black Crystals needed’ tally. Feels kind of like dark majors during the height of the ninja combos etc. coming out.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hogama posted:

Leila LMR: When using Poison or Water abilities, 35% chance to grant user Quick Cast 1

Why are they still giving characters this garbage LMR type? Like seriously how does that even compare to w-cast, or the ones that are just straight better and give QC3?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Just scraped the kludgiest Marilith win using Raijin SSB, Ignis BSB and Bartz OSB spam.

Is TGC USB a good starting point for DPSing Siren and Hades? I also have Ramza Chain/USB2 for Hades so I'm not too worried there... but my only other Dark DPS are D.Cecil AOSB, Seymour USB, Shadow USB (technically) and Cid Raines BSB. I'm leaning towards Seymour because Dark Zone can hit quite well, but Shadow could benefit from Ignis BSB. Either way I'm going to need an entire buttload of Dark Orbs.

Will Magic Blink dodge Black Cauldrons and Lunatic Voices entirely, including status?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
This new Ignis bsb meta is legit. Shaved a full 10 secs off of my Tiamat run. Also finally a reason to full dive Morrow now.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Fister Roboto posted:

Why are they still giving characters this garbage LMR type? Like seriously how does that even compare to w-cast, or the ones that are just straight better and give QC3?

Who has a QC3 LMR?

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
I think they mean the 'Start with QC3' LMR on people like Quina or Ignis. At least, I don't think anyone has the 'Chance to trigger QC3' LM2 as an LMR.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Yeah I think he means start with QC3/haste ones

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
So I was considering doing a BSB Gem pull for Squall BSB2... and then daily gives me Squall USB2. I take it I don't need to do that anymore, then!

Might go LMR instead. Get TGC his at last.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

I've been wondering if pairing his USB2 with his BSB2 is worth it, but it's probably not since I need to generate so much more juice to get both going.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

pichupal posted:

I think they mean the 'Start with QC3' LMR on people like Quina or Ignis. At least, I don't think anyone has the 'Chance to trigger QC3' LM2 as an LMR.

I meant the LM2s, which a ton of characters have. Are LMRs not supposed to be on par with LM2s?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

I meant the LM2s, which a ton of characters have. Are LMRs not supposed to be on par with LM2s?

They tend to be slightly worse: IC3 and haste vs IC2, 35% double cast vs 25%

The unique LMRs seem to be the ones that people really want, stuff like Ramza getting IC1 and a full ATB to start or the low chance of triple cast ones.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

No, they're between LM1 and LM2 in strength.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Zurai posted:

No, they're between LM1 and LM2 in strength.
ideally, anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

ideally, anyway

Fran is the exception which proves the rule.