Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I like that they changed the dialogue in the Dreaming City weekly missions and everybody knows there's a time loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Why won't Playstation user "trappo000" respond to my comp carry request

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

elpaganoescapa posted:

I like that they changed the dialogue in the Dreaming City weekly missions and everybody knows there's a time loop.

Yeah, it’s all pretty rad. I kind of wonder how it’s going to keep changing. Also, the ascendant challenge is still a new one. The jumping part can be an rear end because if you mess up you start all the way back in the beginning of the lost sector. But once you’re down there, wait on the top of the monastery thing until everyone has arrived. Then kill the blights with a shotgun and kill the lady witch. It’s super easy once you’re down there.

loving jumping puzzles in pitch blackness. Wtf.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Where is the mayhem playlist Bungie you bitch!

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
RNG has been on my side everybody!! Three of my four exotic drops happened in the last 72 hours. Let's break it down:

Exotic 1 - Sweet Business
EXOTIC 2 - GHOST SHELL
EXOTIC 3 - WARDCLIFF
EXOTIC 4 - SWEET BUSINESS

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Exotic Drops are Meaningful(tm)

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
I still haven't gotten anything else after Lord of Wolves.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I've gotten

1. Raiden Flux
2. Armanetarium
3. Lion Rampant

but also catalysts for Huckleberry, Sturm, and Borealis so it isn't too bad.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I've gotten wish ender and 1000 voices

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Blind Rasputin posted:

loving jumping puzzles in pitch blackness. Wtf.

toland holds your hand for them all and chills where you gotta go, though?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sweet Business is real good for PvE and REAL BAD for PvP!!! :gbsmith:

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Sweet Business is real good for PvE and REAL BAD for PvP!!! :gbsmith:

WRONG

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I got one for both so gently caress me amirite?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
tfw you find the pve try hards that have no concept of rez sniping

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/uberingram/video/61365801

surely it will work this time

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn Bygones is good. I thought my Go Figure with HiCal/Killclip/Zen Moment owned, but a crappy Bygones with garbage perks blows it away.

...they're gonna nerf this poo poo aren't they

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
probably not. they might tweak the sandbox a little and a different archetype might kill slightly faster but pulse rifles have always been strong in destiny.

keep good examples of each archetype

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Maker Of Shoes posted:

probably not. they might tweak the sandbox a little and a different archetype might kill slightly faster but pulse rifles have always been strong in destiny.

keep good examples of each archetype

except in vanilla D1! They sucked then!!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Speaking of vanilla D1 here's a question - I'm renewing Xbox live for a month for halo with friends. We're on 360. I can still play everything but Iron right?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Why is bygones so much better? Archetype?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
"first raid, hope I get that pulse rifle everyone likes"

*one finger on the monkey paw closes*

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

"first raid, hope I get that pulse rifle everyone likes"

*one finger on the monkey paw closes*

Congrats on finally joining the Go Figure club.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Anyone have a recommended spec for warlock in pvp? I've been doing hunger voidwalker in Gambit and pve. Was curious what other folks were doing.

Or does it not matter much

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

actionjackson posted:

Why is bygones so much better? Archetype?

and pure vertical recoil from what I can see. It’s just a headshot machine. Making me bored of the loot hunt already since all I get is grenade launchers otherwise and no other gun really comes close to bygones on effectiveness from what I can see (haven’t really started the Luna’s grind cuz I don’t want to solo that garbage)

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

vyst posted:

Anyone have a recommended spec for warlock in pvp? I've been doing hunger voidwalker in Gambit and pve. Was curious what other folks were doing.

Or does it not matter much

Really the only bad choice is stormtrance goku version, as you are so open to getting sniped out of your super early, but it was intended to give warlocks a better PvE arc spec as both the other suck on bosses. New void is my current favorite for the extreme mobility and access to blink as a jump, but I think new dawnblade is top tier for breakthrough.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Hyper beam is good in PvP you're on crack

Void is broken right now though

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Im waiting on the aggressive (4-round burst archetype) pulse to become best instead of second best. I've got a Right Side of Wrong with headseeker and zen moment which is a really fun roll. Until then, I'll stick with my IA or my zen moment/outlaw Trust.

One day I'll get a Bygones. I'm up to seven Bad Omens.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

I put cb on go figure. Outlaw kill clip. Pretty good.

I noticed one of the mlg streamers using sentinel and those exotic boots that reflect projectiles. Do those actually work well? He was sliding around a lot. I think sentinel is preferred so you can block other supers while in yours.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I master worked my go figure last night since the bonus was in recoil

Now I'm core poor

Hizawk
Jun 18, 2004

High on the Lions.

Just hit level 43. Checked the postmaster for the first time.

Wow. I feel like an idiot.

Edit:. Also finally hit the DOWN button when looking at inventory and that's how I can access all the different ships and poo poo.

Holy poo poo how many basics have I been completely oblivious to?

Hizawk fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 3, 2018

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Emron posted:

Im waiting on the aggressive (4-round burst archetype) pulse to become best instead of second best. I've got a Right Side of Wrong with headseeker and zen moment which is a really fun roll. Until then, I'll stick with my IA or my zen moment/outlaw Trust.

One day I'll get a Bygones. I'm up to seven Bad Omens.

I've gotten around the same number of Bad Omens and still don't have one with tracking/cluster. Best I've gotten is tracking and genesis. Also 3 Parcels, 2 Trusts, a Pillager and no Bygones or Hazards.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Bandire posted:

I've gotten around the same number of Bad Omens and still don't have one with tracking/cluster. Best I've gotten is tracking and genesis. Also 3 Parcels, 2 Trusts, a Pillager and no Bygones or Hazards.

I feel your pain, man. My best Bad Omens has kill clip and cocoon. Convenient but not great at all.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

moist turtleneck posted:

I master worked my go figure last night since the bonus was in recoil

Now I'm core poor

You're coor

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Emron posted:

I feel your pain, man. My best Bad Omens has kill clip and cocoon. Convenient but not great at all.

Tracking/Genesis is a great Wizard killer, so I can't complain too much. Especially since I was lucky enough to get a Two-Tailed Fox. I'd just love to have a new Hunger of Crota for when I want to use a different exotic.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Hizawk posted:

Just hit level 43. Checked the postmaster for the first time.

Wow. I feel like an idiot.

Edit:. Also finally hit the DOWN button when looking at inventory and that's how I can access all the different ships and poo poo.

Holy poo poo how many basics have I been completely oblivious to?

Probably a fair amount. Bungie isn't exactly known for good UI design.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

That reminds me, I got my first exotic drop in forsaken last night while doing a heroic story mission for the weekly.

It was my third Prospector.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Exotic drops feel significant!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Probably a fair amount. Bungie isn't exactly known for good UI design.

There were probably popups telling you to do that 40 hours ago when you started playing and first opened the inventory but yeah, there's no other UI help anywhere in the game :bungie:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The character screen flashes annoyingly at the bottom when you have new cosmetic stuff, maybe you should turn your monitor on.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
there's so much annoying blinky poo poo everwhere in the character screen one more annoying strip at the bottom doesn't make any real difference.

the UI is bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I obsessively make shiny icons not shiny so it stands out well. :colbert: