Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Titan with a leveled up Mountain Crusher is so good it's hard to leave out, but I think damage output is going to be a problem this week at the higher levels.

I'm thinking I might try this later:

Sifu Yuan
Dawnbringer Bard
Diviner
Emperor Liang

Not sure on the banner. Maybe green/brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Earth’s Fury is my go-to weapon for Raid and Invasion, since being able to break barriers, strip armor entirely, and boost your own team’s attack (which is then further amplified for Sifu) seems too good to pass up. Unfortunately I haven’t had as much time lately to spend on the game, but my team will probably look similar to Bandire’s:

Bright Forest banner
Sifu
Earth’s Fury
Diviner
Emperor Liang

All Enchant, all the time! :toot: Plus, chances are good I’ll be boosting magic a few times, which should also help deal with towers at higher levels.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

What Kingdom/Event/etc was Earth’s Fury? I don’t seem to have it.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
It was from an Invasion or Raid unfortunately.

https://www.taransworld.com/Spoilers/Troops/Troop_K27_08_english.png

This guy seems like a solid choice for yellow guild wars days.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Earth’s Fury is so good for Raid/Invasion it would be worth spending $5 of real money if the devs ever put it back in the shop.

As for that linked troop, I have one worry. Right now, “random storm” includes the possibility of those stone blocks from Delves. That can lead to...awkward situations:
https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/stone-blocks-storm-is-this-a-thing/46192

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Yo, Boiz, are we pushing for Seals by tomorrow? Or today?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
We’re still pretty far away as a guild. I say give it till Friday evening (US time) before tossing Orbs of Clans at this. That should make it a bit easier on people who have a life outside Gems of War.

Cryohazard
Feb 5, 2010
Is Lust any good? With my limited experience with the game it seems that she's either horrifically powerful bullshit or a complete joke and waste of a team slot. Not sure which.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Grundulum posted:

We’re still pretty far away as a guild. I say give it till Friday evening (US time) before tossing Orbs of Clans at this. That should make it a bit easier on people who have a life outside Gems of War.

I haven't had a ton of time to play this week. I do have 3900 seals worth of clan orbs though, so I'll drop them at some point whether I get my base 1500 done or not.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Grundulum posted:

Yeah its been a busy week for me I'm only at 600/1500. I'll get to 1500 by Friday night though.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Grundulum posted:

I'll have you know I have a life LOL I also have a metric fuckton of meetings everyday that only require me to nod occasionally.

Also, I blew my orbs, I'm all in.

onefish
Jan 15, 2004

Would it be worth doing an announcement in Guild Chat like "Hey everyone, remember to redeem your seals this week?" for ppl who don't check the thread?

I just remember hitting ~38k a week or two ago with no mythic, so it seems odd to be so far behind this week.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

onefish posted:

Would it be worth doing an announcement in Guild Chat like "Hey everyone, remember to redeem your seals this week?" for ppl who don't check the thread?

I just remember hitting ~38k a week or two ago with no mythic, so it seems odd to be so far behind this week.

Sure, I can't remember the last time I clicked on the chat bubble on purpose.

Edit: It would be helpful if the Guild Announcements popped up on the screen at login or something so that they served a purpose.

Bandire fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 4, 2018

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Also I splurged for the new weapon in the class event; Staff of Visions, and it's decent. I did 8 levels without loosing;

Artema ***
Staff of Visions (Titan ***)
Bul'Tauros ***
Astral Spirit ***
Guardian Banner

Astral is the weak link later on; I could have replaced her. Several times it was just Artema and the Staff, boosting and barriering Artema, and using the brown barrier gem match on the hero.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

porktree posted:

Also I splurged for the new weapon in the class event; Staff of Visions, and it's decent. I did 8 levels without loosing;

Artema ***
Staff of Visions (Titan ***)
Bul'Tauros ***
Astral Spirit ***
Guardian Banner

Astral is the weak link later on; I could have replaced her. Several times it was just Artema and the Staff, boosting and barriering Artema, and using the brown barrier gem match on the hero.

FYI the weapons in the class event shop are just a shortcut to the 250 win class weapon. You get it for "free" after grinding out 250 wins with that class equipped.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Can I have an invite? I'll drop guild if I end up losing interest but I have a lot of time to fill at work.

VIDEOPAINE_AMOW

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Bandire posted:

FYI the weapons in the class event shop are just a shortcut to the 250 win class weapon. You get it for "free" after grinding out 250 wins with that class equipped.

Ugh. Dammit.

Maid
Mar 3, 2006

Do you know the Wu-Tang secret of mopping?
Hi, can I get invited to a guild? I've been playing on and off for a month or two but I'm still very much trying to wrap my head around this, especially building a team that doesn't suck. My invite code is MAID_NW2O (i think that's a capital o).

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Gem Boiz is full. Can someone from Gem Blossums do the needful for the two new people who just posted their invite codes?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

big cummers ONLY posted:

Can I have an invite? I'll drop guild if I end up losing interest but I have a lot of time to fill at work.

VIDEOPAINE_AMOW

Maid posted:

Hi, can I get invited to a guild? I've been playing on and off for a month or two but I'm still very much trying to wrap my head around this, especially building a team that doesn't suck. My invite code is MAID_NW2O (i think that's a capital o).

Grundulum posted:

Gem Boiz is full. Can someone from Gem Blossums do the needful for the two new people who just posted their invite codes?
Okay. Invites sent. Don't worry too much about seals. Generally speaking we tend to not reach the higher guild chest tiers most weeks.

EDIT: Also as someone who doesn't really know much of running a guild other than not spam the irc with shitposts, should I kick out people who haven't posted here or played for long periods of time like a week?

Annointed fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Oct 5, 2018

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva
Is it just me or does the new Mythic not seem all that interesting? Sure, it counters all-divine teams, I suppose, and doing disease on purple match sounds interesting as well, but that's pretty much it. Not sure if it's really worth going for it, what do you think?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I have an office job now and while I don't have wifi, I have lots of down time! I might just get back into this.

I'm super casual PvE explore/quests. And I'm still in Blossums! Thanks for not kicking me out. I'll start contributing (again). Where should I focus my (in-game) cash money?

Morter fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 5, 2018

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Annointed posted:

Okay. Invites sent. Don't worry too much about seals. Generally speaking we tend to not reach the higher guild chest tiers most weeks.

EDIT: Also as someone who doesn't really know much of running a guild other than not spam the irc with shitposts, should I kick out people who haven't posted here or played for long periods of time like a week?

my game freaked out when i tried to claim the guild invite, would you mind resending? no idea what happened. maybe because i hit "claim all" in the mailbox?

e: any good newbie resources not in the OP?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
(A) Try claiming the invite through the Guild menu rather than through the mail, if it’s still there.

(B) The OP is pretty wildly outdated. I can’t be arsed to put together a new one right now, but your early focus should be on unlocking all the kingdoms, beating their quests, and spending gold to get them to level 5 or so.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I managed to get this dumb mythic on my second guild key pull. That's the first time I've ever even gotten a mythic from guild keys. I'm a little sad I don't get to burn my giant pile of clan orbs or glory/gem keys for another month, but I'll take it.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I have all but one new kingdom (some poo poo with sky elves idk) unlocked so i'm happy to dump all my money for the guild. I'm here for the gameplay and the occasional cool card unlock (I only have like 3 mythics i think :( )

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Morter posted:

I have all but one new kingdom (some poo poo with sky elves idk) unlocked so i'm happy to dump all my money for the guild. I'm here for the gameplay and the occasional cool card unlock (I only have like 3 mythics i think :( )

You need them all unlocked and leveled to 10 to maximize your tribute collection. Tribute is a huge source of resource income. After that there's not much to do with gold other than to dump it into guild tasks and upgrade factions.

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

voodoo dog posted:

Is it just me or does the new Mythic not seem all that interesting? Sure, it counters all-divine teams, I suppose, and doing disease on purple match sounds interesting as well, but that's pretty much it. Not sure if it's really worth going for it, what do you think?

You know they hosed up when they have to design a card exclusively to counter a specific deck. It's pretty meh vs other decks, 25-40 damage to all and board explosion that might not happen isn't worth a troop that cost 24 imo.

Thejaff fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Oct 5, 2018

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Bandire posted:

\ After that there's not much to do with gold other than to dump it into guild tasks and upgrade factions.

That's exactly the guidance I'm asking for :) Which ones should I prioritize every week?

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I'm not sure if Blossums has a guild strategy. I'd say once you have all your kingdoms maxed out just contribute to whatever task someone else has already contributed to and is closest to being completed.

I haven't put much time into delves/factions lately. In general I wasn't putting treasure into the hoard unless I had enough high quality stuff for a 100% chance to raise the hoard quality level.

Recycled Karma
Jul 16, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Speaking of the hoard, is there any benefit to ascending or traiting the hoard treasures?

Thejaff
Jun 14, 2002
Bines au lard

Recycled Karma posted:

Speaking of the hoard, is there any benefit to ascending or traiting the hoard treasures?

Ascending doesn't raise their hoard value.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Bandire posted:

I managed to get this dumb mythic on my second guild key pull. That's the first time I've ever even gotten a mythic from guild keys. I'm a little sad I don't get to burn my giant pile of clan orbs or glory/gem keys for another month, but I'll take it.

9247 Guild Keys later, and zilch.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

porktree posted:

9247 Guild Keys later, and zilch.

Yeah 8000+ for me lol

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Bandire posted:

I haven't put much time into delves/factions lately. In general I wasn't putting treasure into the hoard unless I had enough high quality stuff for a 100% chance to raise the hoard quality level.
I've been doing the same thing and just today got my first delve to quality 10. Hoard level hasn't maxed out yet. I've been putting spare 5% & 10% into the other delves and only have them at quality 2 or 3. the low level treasures aren't good for much else because you can only use 5 treasures at once.

I've got all 4 Hall of Guardian troops now, but its going to take forever to trait them.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe
Dumb question. where blighted lands.

other question: what to do with glory?

Disillusionist
Sep 19, 2007

LRADIKAL posted:

Dumb question. where blighted lands.

other question: what to do with glory?

Southeast on the map

Early game: buying some Glory chests is worth it to quickly expand your collection

Mid-to-Late game: save it for buying multiple copies of the Glory troop each week to get multiple Arcane traitstones of a specific color.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

Grundulum posted:

(A) Try claiming the invite through the Guild menu rather than through the mail, if it’s still there.

(B) The OP is pretty wildly outdated. I can’t be arsed to put together a new one right now, but your early focus should be on unlocking all the kingdoms, beating their quests, and spending gold to get them to level 5 or so.

It's gone, as if I declined the invite - nothing to click on in the guild menu or my mailbox. I think it might need resent :(

VIDEOPAINE_AMOW so the Gem Blossums inviter doesn't need to go find my post

So there's no google doc starter guides or a tier list or anything? I have no idea what cards to level or what constitutes a significant investment, ie how much should I spend upgrading early game trash?

Ludo Friend
Aug 2, 2012

Tacet on YouTube has some basic guides, but a lot of them are outdated.

There’s normally advice to get a Valkyrie and 3 warlock team for soul farming, but honestly it’s like pulling teeth, and at a low level (I’m level 85), it’s just such a small amount of souls per cast.

I’ve found the best way to get anything is just running arena and doing a kingdom quest chain each day. I’m still ages away from a good team, but at least I’m still progressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Arena is a surprisingly good source of income until you get some good units. Don't forget to collect your guild seals. If you haven't yet, spend them all this week. Any time the guild gets up to the 20k or 40k seals level is a good time to spend them if you're new. At those levels you'll get better cards.

Treasure maps are mostly a waste of time if you can consistently win all your arena matches, but it doesn't hurt to do a few if you enjoy it and if you get lucky you can make a decent pile of gold to help level your kingdoms with.

Doing kingdom quests is a really good way to get some better cards early on. You get one decent to great card for completing each kingdom. Atlanta from Divinion Fields is a good damage dealer. She can just about carry the rest of your team at lower difficulty levels.

I don't think there's any reason to hoard your gold keys anymore, so spend them as you get them. You should get a ton in the first few days of the week just for being in the guild so that's a good time to spend your stash.

I wouldn't worry much about soul-farming until you've got 4 decent cards to make a team out of. Until then you can just spend whatever souls you get on your current team as you get them. Don't wear yourself out grinding for souls or traits for troops you won't be using for long. OTOH, both Valkyrie and Banshee are strong cards even aside from generating souls, so it doesn't hurt to keep them in your default team.