Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Tollymain posted:

oh yeah he also said in the same conversation there are some regions in bc you do not want to get lost, tribes being one of the biggest reasons

but also like, crazy survivalists, white supremacist communities, iirc a heavily armed mormon cult town that is now a two mormon cults town,

says at least if you take a wrong turn onto tribe land theyre only liable to beat the poo poo out of you and rob you

This is one of the few times I'm glad I'm brown (actually white, but that one native ancestor's skintone is still hanging in there) I could probably get away with it. I don't want to go up there and find out though. For all the talk about Canadians being nice the few I've met scared the poo poo out of me (that's where I learned about the first nations thing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
canada is definitely going conservative federally next election, and its going to be a rob ford like character if it isn't him himself

Sergg
Sep 19, 2005

I was rejected by the:

Nobody here is talking about the bar fight Kavanaugh started when he was in college? Got into a verbal altercation with a stranger, thew a beer in his face, and Kavanaugh's 3 friends rushed to help him. The police investigated it as an assault. Real tough guy with 3 friends to back you up.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Conservatives are on twitter telling stories of how many bar fights they've been in like it's some accomplishment that you got in a drunken brawl a bunch of times.

"Heh, liberals don't get in fights over getting bumped in a bar, what a bunch of pussies."

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Sergg posted:

Nobody here is talking about the bar fight Kavanaugh started when he was in college? Got into a verbal altercation with a stranger, thew a beer in his face, and Kavanaugh's 3 friends rushed to help him. The police investigated it as an assault. Real tough guy with 3 friends to back you up.

Brett didn't throw beer in the guy's face, he threw ice. That means Brett wasn't drinking beer and he respects the booze enough to finish it before using the remains as a projectile.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
The police report says it was ice because Barto wasn't of drinking age at the time, and police don't step on Yalies from influential families.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Sergg posted:

Also how a bunch of people who knew him in high school and college came forward after his hearing to say how he was a drunken lout and was lying his rear end off about his drinking to congress.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Conservatives are on twitter telling stories of how many bar fights they've been in like it's some accomplishment that you got in a drunken brawl a bunch of times.

"Heh, liberals don't get in fights over getting bumped in a bar, what a bunch of pussies."

Imagine bragging about not only being a drunk but not even being good at it

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Y'all stoked for your first presidential text today?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Love to be sharing details about someone’s sex life to own the libs.

Also, did you know that if you’ve survived a sexual assault, you’re not allowed to enjoy any form of sex anymore, especially if it’s similar to the manner in which you were assaulted? Praise be!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Also, did you know that if you’ve survived a sexual assault, you’re not allowed to enjoy any form of sex anymore, especially if it’s similar to the manner in which you were assaulted? Praise be!

I hate these people.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This morning I've been seeing posts with pictures of Dr. Ford as an awkward teenager with braces as reasons that Bart definitely didn't assault her.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

Imagine bragging about not only being a drunk but not even being good at it

The only bar fight I've been in is all the girls in the bar fighting over me :smuggo:

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Avenatti has a sworn statement from another woman who went to a bunch of parties Kavanagh was at, who says Kavanagh is full of poo poo about his behavior in high school, saw him and judge spiking punch bowls with alcohol and quaaludes, had other people who can corroborate her statements, and has more stuff that she'd be willing to divulge in an interview with investigators.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1047447758993547265

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Crakkerjakk posted:

Avenatti has a sworn statement from another woman who went to a bunch of parties Kavanagh was at, who says Kavanagh is full of poo poo about his behavior in high school, saw him and judge spiking punch bowls with alcohol and quaaludes, had other people who can corroborate her statements, and has more stuff that she'd be willing to divulge in an interview with investigators.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MichaelAvenatti/status/1047447758993547265

:stare:

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Best part is even if he doesn't get confirmed, there's no chance in hell they'll actually vote to impeach him, so instead he'll just have a lifetime appointment to the DC Circuit Court

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

It seems like at the rate we're going half of conservatives in the US are gonna be in jail two years from now, if we survive until then

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

aphid_licker posted:

It seems like at the rate we're going half of conservatives in the US are gonna be in jail two years from now, if we survive until then

Someone would actually have to put them there. I don't think it's going to happen, with a few exceptions relating to the Mueller investigation, and I think there's a pretty good chance that Trump pardons anyone who catches time on that (and hasn't hosed him too badly) on his way out the door.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hot Karl Marx posted:

The only bar fight I've been in is all the girls in the bar fighting over me :smuggo:

Not the time for a spooky snipe

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

aphid_licker posted:

Who would prosecute them?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

That Works posted:

Who would prosecute them?

The People

Tryzzub
Jan 1, 2007

Mudslide Experiment

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:hfive:

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/vicemovie/status/1047471335704682496

This looks real good. Also the acting/makeup for Cheney. :stare:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
There was an incident in China the other week where they had a performance of Les Miserables and then had to step it down because folks were getting too into the idea of revolution

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

DoktorLoken posted:

He gained all that weight by eating pies.

I'm not joking.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the big short was probably my favorite movie of the past decade

im very excited for this

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

also god drat christian bale is incredible

and im super excited to see carell as rumsfeldt

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's a day one digital purchase

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Vasudus posted:

He gained all that weight by eating pies.

I'm not joking.

wait that's not a bunch of makeup to make him fat? :stare::stare::stare::stare:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

DoktorLoken posted:

That's Christian loving Bale? :stare:

That might be a more shocking transformation than the one in The Machinist.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Tollymain posted:

friend/its complicated of mine from bc said a while back that theres always been a vein of fascism under the veneer of respectability there. among other things, the rcmp are at least as virulently racist and out of control as american cops but w the powers of the nat guard, and apparently their cdc equivalent can just take away your civil rights and outright disappear you if you've got the wrong disease

One of us has grossly misunderstood the powers of the national guard.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

holy poo poo Sam Rockwell as Dubya in that movie is going to rule

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

yeah. mccay does such a fantastic job shooting as an ensemble.

DoktorLoken posted:

wait that's not a bunch of makeup to make him fat? :stare::stare::stare::stare:

dude gains and loses weight for roles and works method

i wont talk poo poo about it because his work in there will be blood was incredible, seriously was blown away by his character in there

also sam rockwell, god drat he owns too.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

gently caress

YES

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

How is Bale's body not wrecked from all the transformations he's been through? He's chiseled perfect in American Psycho, he got ready for The Machinist by eating and apple and a can of tuna a day for six months, then went right into Batman. Now he ate pies to get a giant distended gut. At least he didn't go Gyllenhall's route- I think that dude was drinking straight olive oil or something to get ready for his fat role.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

This is such a baldly bullshit account. Goddamn you'd figure in a world with google, facebook, etc that shame would be making a bigly comeback or something

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

EBB posted:

How is Bale's body not wrecked from all the transformations he's been through? He's chiseled perfect in American Psycho, he got ready for The Machinist by eating and apple and a can of tuna a day for six months, then went right into Batman. Now he ate pies to get a giant distended gut. At least he didn't go Gyllenhall's route- I think that dude was drinking straight olive oil or something to get ready for his fat role.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttC7KbE_uDo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
I remember seeing some interview about gaining weight for roles. There's diet coaches that make eating plans to gain the needed weight, for example: wake up in the middle of the night, eat a couple donuts, go back to sleep. Repeat.

Guy asked "can't I just like, eat bigger and bigger portions of my normal food?" Answer was "that's not going to get you where you need to be."

E: in time for the role I assume

The Eyes Have It fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Oct 3, 2018

• Locked thread