Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Is there a referral string I can add to Amazon links here, for lowtax or something awful? If you buy accessories by clicking a link in the OP, I would like that to support the site.

May I suggest a referral link to mangosteen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

CrRoMa posted:

I took a long weekend off to play Diablo 3 at release and I'm kinda bemused why folk ragged on it so much :shrug: it was fun then and its more fun since
Did you get to Inferno difficulty back then? The balance was completely hosed to the point of being almost unplayable, and if you did manage to slog through it, you probably still weren't going to find any loot worth a poo poo because everything was balanced around the auction house...and even then, most of the gear that could be considered good was still out of the price range of most casual players. I blew a whole summer on that game and never found a single drop that was better than whatever cheap poo poo from the auction house I was already using. The prospect of potentially finding a $500 item also hosed with the psychology of the game loop and probably kept a lot of people addicted when otherwise they would have quit in frustration after a few days.

There's a reason they dumped this guy and basically rebuilt the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv-hjAJNlUg&t=42s

CrRoMa
Nov 12, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Volte posted:

Did you get to Inferno difficulty back then? The balance was completely hosed to the point of being almost unplayable.

Oh god no I got a couple of characters to max level then called it a day

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

So how's Mario's party?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Junkie Disease posted:

So how's Mario's party?

Terrible. They limited online, so now you have to actually be with people for Mario Party, which is fubar.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Junkie Disease posted:

So how's Mario's party?

It's not out yet. Reviews might come out today

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It's not out yet. Reviews might come out today

They’re out today and seem pretty positive. I can’t remember the last time a Mario Party was getting such positive buzz.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gamexplain's review is out, at least. There's a lot of variety, but they feel like a lot of that variety could have been fleshed out more. It's a major step in the right direction, though, and if you have a good set of friends, you're gonna have a great time.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I can't wait to party with Mario and all his friends :toot::neckbeard::toot:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Oct 3, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

GameXplain doesn't use numerical reviews.

Their rating system

Blown Away
Loved It
Liked it a lot
Liked it
Liked it somewhat
It was pretty good but not for me
The only way to really know if it's good is to buy it yourself
What the gently caress is Disney thinking they changed the tower of terror to a guardians of the Galaxy ride, I'm never going to Disney world again

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

CrRoMa posted:

I took a long weekend off to play Diablo 3 at release and I'm kinda bemused why folk ragged on it so much :shrug: it was fun then and its more fun since

I had fun on the first couple of playthroughs and then hit Inferno and that was that. Since drops were so bad, it seemed like the only way to progress from there was by vendor trashing everything to get gold to buy gear from the AH, or flip things on the auction house to get gold to buy gear (not to mention the real-money possibility). Neither was fun to me, and there was nothing to keep me coming back so I stopped playing.

I remember they were saying everything was fine, everyone loves the game, player retention is great, and then all the community managers disappeared for around a month, and eventually they came back with an update about all the changes they were going to make, but by then none of them were anything I was interested in.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Polygon's Mario Party review is out and they say it's good

https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2018/10/3/17930670/super-mario-party-review-nintendo-switch

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

CrRoMa posted:

I liked Diablo 3 at launch, but the blue monster packs quickly turned into WoW raid mechanics. It gave up pretty much everything that made Diablo 2 unique and instead made a WoW action RPG. They've changed a ton of stuff but you can clearly see the WoW influence in the original where Inferno was a massive grind. I played the AH and was able to full clear inferno while most people were struggling in A1.

It really didn't have staying power, if you want to see a refinement of Diablo 2 mechanics look at Path of Exile which is closer to what people were expecting from Diablo 3.

The current version of Diablo 3 is a perfectly fine game. It's not much type of dungeon grind, I've never been a fan of wear this set / these unqiues. I've always been a bigger fan of throw wear a bunch of randomly generated gear.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
I don't like PoE either, and I tried quite hard to, mostly out of a misguided sense of patriotism. I've had lots of fun with Torchlight though.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

What the gently caress is Disney thinking they changed the tower of terror to a guardians of the Galaxy ride, I'm never going to Disney world again

Wait did they actually do that

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Path of Exile is amazing but sadly it's Windows-only and always will be barring some kind of miracle of technology. I'm still pumped for Diablo 3 because a hand-held hack and slash is just what the doctor ordered, and the Switch version of Titan Quest sucks pretty bad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

The California Tower of Terror, not the good one in Orlando.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Licarn posted:

I don't like PoE either, and I tried quite hard to, mostly out of a misguided sense of patriotism. I've had lots of fun with Torchlight though.

What you dont like hundreds of small incremental bonuses to navigate with some boring ones like %resistance being mandatory?

akiyba
Jan 28, 2009
Had to reread that headline a few times lol

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1047493978705125376?s=19

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Licarn posted:

Last time I played Diablo 3 was around 2 weeks after it first came out on PC, and it's tempting to try it again on Switch to see how it's changed since then but they already got my money once, and I don't want to get fooled again.

I bought it day one and it still stings

content
Feb 13, 2014

Nice. I should go play the old ones in attempt to make myself like Metroid Prime games again.

e: er I dumb. jokes

content fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Oct 3, 2018

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Prime 4 really was announced way ahead of time. It's like BOTW

after Smash the next major game I think is Fire Emblem, right? After that I'd bet on Animal Crossing some time in Spring or early summer. Prime 4 in fall or winter. Yoshi whenever he darn well pleases.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

RandomFerret posted:

Andre may be a bigger Disney fanboy than Nintendo and oh boy he's got opinions

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

In case anyone doesn't know, Hard Drive is all jokes.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Waffleman_ posted:

The California Tower of Terror, not the good one in Orlando.

Oh thank Christ

Hey, got some news from the homebrew thread, the Switch is now officially supported by RetroArch, with full online multiplayer so if you're still pining for online snes games, they're only a paperclip away

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

In case anyone doesn't know, Hard Drive is all jokes.

I didn't know, but I bet the next tidbit about Prime is going to look a lot like that

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Don't steal games and don't mod your switch

Barudak
May 7, 2007

They hosed up the California Tower of Terror? But thats the good one

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Don't steal games and don't mod your switch

Mr. Nintendo will be most displeased if you do this.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Yeah, I really don't want to run the risk of feeling that I'm safe, only to get a console level ban like a year from now after an update.

edit: Me and my sister managed to get them to start the tower of terror while we had our seatbelts bunched up last time we were there. You leave the seat a little bit on the way down, it's super fun, and probably terribly dangerous

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Oct 3, 2018

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

RandomFerret posted:

Oh thank Christ

Hey, got some news from the homebrew thread, the Switch is now officially supported by RetroArch, with full online multiplayer so if you're still pining for online snes games, they're only a paperclip away
I'd rather play Switch games online than SNES games online.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Retroarch is a massive piece of poo poo on every platform. I doubt online multiplayer would work well on it.

THE loving MOON posted:

I didn't know, but I bet the next tidbit about Prime is going to look a lot like that

The game awards in December seems like a likely place they’ll show something.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
If I have drift in the joycons while in handheld mode, if I buy new joycons, will that fix the situation? I've tried recalibrating and cleaning the sticks but they continue to drift.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Real cheap carrying case

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1047474677201788928?s=19

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Oscar Wild posted:

If I have drift in the joycons while in handheld mode, if I buy new joycons, will that fix the situation? I've tried recalibrating and cleaning the sticks but they continue to drift.

Yes since it seems to be a hardware issue.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yes since it seems to be a hardware issue.

That's what I thought. Thanks!

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

I said come in! posted:

Mr. Nintendo will be most displeased if you do this.
I'm imagining an angry Shigeru Miyamoto erupting from the ground, his miner's-helmeted head sticking out from the earthen hole, giving you an absurdly long and un-skippable lecture about the proper way to use your game console.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

RandomFerret posted:

Oh thank Christ

If they changed the Orlando Tower of Terror in any way other than just completely demolishing it, the Morocco skyline in Epcot would be ruined.

That building in the back is the rear of the ToT.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Kirby Star Allies Update 14 confirms that Hyness and his three Generals survive the final battle. Also teases that after witnessing Kirby in action, Hyness may have been changed for the better... sounds like a recipe for introducing him and the generals as playables further down the line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

That's the one I have and it works great. But, it won't fit extra joycons and poo poo in the little pouch.