Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Fly Ricky posted:

There was a little bit chat about Broforce before it dropped, but goddamn amazed that people aren't blowing this poo poo up. What a fantastic and quick game, solo or multi.

And the amount of detail that put into all of the "bros" is truly admirable.

It's a Contra game where extra lives force you to change weapons and you can't even shoot up, much less diagonally. Who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
good news, Wii U fans!

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1047476892528513024

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Wonder what it’ll be. I’ll probably buy it just for the novelty.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
That Twitter person forgot to include the name of the game in his post

E: oh it's the limited run physical copy dudes, and they're actually talking about a WiiU game, not a port to switch, ~gross~

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Oct 3, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

KingSlime posted:

He has confirmed that it is not Fatal Frame 5

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Volte posted:

Path of Exile is amazing but sadly it's Windows-only and always will be barring some kind of miracle of technology. I'm still pumped for Diablo 3 because a hand-held hack and slash is just what the doctor ordered, and the Switch version of Titan Quest sucks pretty bad.

PoE has been out on Xbox One for quite a while now, no crossplay though. It'd be a hell of a stretch to reprogram and optimize it to run on Switch but I'd be all over it, I have thousands of hours on PC. They do have TenCent money now so anything's possible. Paying $60 at launch for D3 felt like the biggest rip off of my life, maybe it's better since then but I have a blood vendetta against Blizzard forevermore because of that shitshow.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

KingSlime posted:

E: oh it's the limited run physical copy dudes, and they're actually talking about a WiiU game, not a port to switch, ~gross~

It occurs to me that those guys are sometimes not very smart when it comes to picking projects. They recently announced physical copies of Layers of Fear for PS4 and Switch and frankly, that game is kinda poo poo. Would have made way more sense to go with Observer, the game that followed it since it's actually pretty decent.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Zero VGS posted:

PoE has been out on Xbox One for quite a while now, no crossplay though. It'd be a hell of a stretch to reprogram and optimize it to run on Switch but I'd be all over it, I have thousands of hours on PC. They do have TenCent money now so anything's possible. Paying $60 at launch for D3 felt like the biggest rip off of my life, maybe it's better since then but I have a blood vendetta against Blizzard forevermore because of that shitshow.

PoE owns and is the true D2 successor.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Full priced physical copies of €10 indie games is the biggest scam ever

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Lodin posted:

It occurs to me that those guys are sometimes not very smart when it comes to picking projects. They recently announced physical copies of Layers of Fear for PS4 and Switch and frankly, that game is kinda poo poo. Would have made way more sense to go with Observer, the game that followed it since it's actually pretty decent.

I assume that it has something to do with negotiations in licensing, but totally agree.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Can you respec in PoE now or can you still spend hours making a character only to find out it's worthless and have to start the game over again?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

PoE owns and is the true D2 successor.

I'm sorry, but that would be guild wars.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Every time I have gone over to my weed dealer’s house since like, May of this year, he has been playing Path of Exile.

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Don't steal games and don't mod your switch

Whoa, thanks for the update! I was reading the OP and it didn't say this anywhere so I was just about to steal some games. I do love this "PSA time to time" format of new thread.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Your Computer posted:

Can you respec in PoE now or can you still spend hours making a character only to find out it's worthless and have to start the game over again?

They let you earn respec points and I know they give out full respecs when they introduce large balance changes. But, most people play the 3 month leagues so building a worthless character isn't a huge deal because a new fancy league will start soon after. They also have balanced a LOT of things.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Fly Ricky posted:

There was a little bit chat about Broforce before it dropped, but goddamn amazed that people aren't blowing this poo poo up. What a fantastic and quick game, solo or multi.

And the amount of detail that put into all of the "bros" is truly admirable.

Yes, its an absolutely awesome game, and i talk it up every chance I get!! Its really fun!!

Mister Facetious posted:

It's a Contra game where extra lives force you to change weapons and you can't even shoot up, much less diagonally. Who cares.

The entire game is designed around the way the characters work, so what you're talking about is not even anything close to a problem with the game, just your personal preference. Also, if you have played the game even a little bit, you would know that you have plenty of options for attacking up, down and diagonally with a lot of the characters.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Lodin posted:

Right? Like was that tweet supposed to make me feel sorry those you guys lost a ton of cash making a physical copy of a WiiU indie in 2018?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Yes, its an absolutely awesome game, and i talk it up every chance I get!! Its really fun!!

The entire game is designed around the way the characters work, so what you're talking about is not even anything close to a problem with the game, just your personal preference. Also, if you have played the game even a little bit, you would know that you have plenty of options for attacking up, down and diagonally with a lot of the characters.

It was free on PSN. All it has going for it is terrain destruction and memes.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Mister Facetious posted:

It was free on PSN. All it has going for it is terrain destruction and memes.

did you really need to post a second time about this

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Your Computer posted:

You get a decent amount of free respec points but they are only for a single point at a time so you still want to be careful. The other thing is you probably want to play a league where they are running a ton of fun events, these only last 3-4 months then they run something else completely new and either never run the event again or integrate it making it so rare it might as well not exist. Your character will get dumped into the primary server that is basically dead as everything that has ever dropped is there.

It doesn't take too long to level a character up either so switching isn't that bad. Most things are pretty viable now but you probably want to follow a build guide. Check out the PoE thread if playing in leagues sounds interesting to you. PoE is not for everyone by any means. Also do yourself a favor when you pick your primary skill, buy an animation for it. Almost every skill worth using has a boring animation and you are going to see it a billion times. For $5 you can get a much more polished and satisfying animation.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I've had a custom eBay search for Slime-san's physical edition set up for a couple months just to watch it. For nearly all of August and September people were posting "pre orders" of the collector's edition for an average of 110 bucks, and now that they have apparently shipped there are a ton more popping up. A great deal of them all seem to be from the same place. So LRG does basically nothing to stop scalpers from reselling their games on release, and frankly it wouldn't surprise me if they were in on it themselves.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Heath posted:

I've had a custom eBay search for Slime-san's physical edition set up for a couple months just to watch it. For nearly all of August and September people were posting "pre orders" of the collector's edition for an average of 110 bucks, and now that they have apparently shipped there are a ton more popping up. A great deal of them all seem to be from the same place. So LRG does basically nothing to stop scalpers from reselling their games on release, and frankly it wouldn't surprise me if they were in on it themselves.

Life is a lot better when you don't trouble yourself with plastic/cardboard trinkets anyways. Seeing kitchy gamer poo poo sell for three digits or more and reading all the frustrated posts about low stock/scalpers is one of my guility pleasures tbh

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Fitzy Fitz posted:

did you really need to post a second time about this

He questioned whether I even played it, so yes. I had to establish the context of my opinion.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Oct 3, 2018

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

pixaal posted:

You get a decent amount of free respec points but they are only for a single point at a time so you still want to be careful. The other thing is you probably want to play a league where they are running a ton of fun events, these only last 3-4 months then they run something else completely new and either never run the event again or integrate it making it so rare it might as well not exist. Your character will get dumped into the primary server that is basically dead as everything that has ever dropped is there.

It doesn't take too long to level a character up either so switching isn't that bad. Most things are pretty viable now but you probably want to follow a build guide. Check out the PoE thread if playing in leagues sounds interesting to you. PoE is not for everyone by any means. Also do yourself a favor when you pick your primary skill, buy an animation for it. Almost every skill worth using has a boring animation and you are going to see it a billion times. For $5 you can get a much more polished and satisfying animation.

The league stuff (and seasons in Diablo for that matter) don't really sound like my kinda thing, I just like taking my time with games and chilling :saddowns:

I just asked because the one time I tried PoE I enjoyed it and was building towards what I thought was a really neat interaction, then after like 20 hours when I finally got the skills I was building towards I found out they don't interact like I thought and the entire build is worthless, congrats you wasted 20 hours start over! That was back when the game first came out I think, it was a long time ago.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

KingSlime posted:

Life is a lot better when you don't trouble yourself with plastic/cardboard trinkets anyways. Seeing kitchy gamer poo poo sell for three digits or more and reading all the frustrated posts about low stock/scalpers is one of my guility pleasures tbh

As a person who had to go back and re-purchase most of my NES collection from when I grew up (and was an idiot and got rid of it), I buy physical whenever I can. I don't want to turn on my Switch in like 10-15 years because I want to play something, only to find out that my entire game collection is wiped out.

People hoarding and reselling games as a commodity are loving assholes though.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

KingSlime posted:

If you want trinkets just buy trinkets without having an overpriced game attached.

...reminded there was a Collector's Edition of some recent game that didn't actually come with the game. Which made an odd kind of sense.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Fremry posted:

As a person who had to go back and re-purchase most of my NES collection from when I grew up (and was an idiot and got rid of it), I buy physical whenever I can. I don't want to turn on my Switch in like 10-15 years because I want to play something, only to find out that my entire game collection is wiped out.

People hoarding and reselling games as a commodity are loving assholes though.

Ehh emulators will always be around, and I think those who are willing to pay scalper prices are really the guility ones. Scalpers gotta eat

That said, as someone who has gone full digital for two gens now, I really haven't thought at all about the potential lost content of/when services die or licenses expire. It might suck one day but once again, emulators will probably satisfy any cravings

Zibidibodel
Jan 10, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

If you want trinkets just buy trinkets without having an overpriced game attached.

...reminded there was a Collector's Edition of some recent game that didn't actually come with the game. Which made an odd kind of sense.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2016/08/08/130-battlefield-1-collectors-edition-doesnt-come-with-the-game

This one is what you're thinking of.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It makes a lot of sense if you believe the collector also wants to play the game. Keep the collectors edition poo poo all wrapped up and get a separate copy of the game you can play and not worry about perserving.

Of course such an insane person probably buys two collectors editions anyway because they have to have a pristine one and one they can use

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Price discrimination is good. Those who can afford to pay more do so; those who don't want to pay that much can still play the game.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I'm liking MM11 a lot. I haven't played Mighty No. 9 but, based on what I've heard other people complain about with that game, 11 feels like what everyone was expecting MN9 to be. It feels really tight, the level design has some fine platforming, but it really shines graphically. It reminds me more of MM8, where every screen has unique background details and I've found myself actually stopping on a cleared screen to look at them. I'm not sure why they chose Block Man's stage for the demo since his is kind of visually boring, especially compared to others like Tundra Man's stage.

The only part I haven't been super keen on is the music, which is fine but tends to fade out of my consciousness while playing, which I can't say for most other MM games.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

lol i read a mario party review says you can only play with a single joycon???? no other control options?????

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Super No Vacancy posted:

lol i read a mario party review says you can only play with a single joycon???? no other control options?????

No, since all the mini games are tied to functionality that wouldn’t really work otherwise.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

woof

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It sucks but the game features this:

https://twitter.com/krazybonestv/status/1047511253713915904?s=21

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I only play my Switch handheld so this is a super bummer :( I want to party some Marios

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Someone asked about MM11 & the 8bitdo controllers. Didn't bother with that but I use my 8bitdo on Ultimate Chicken Horse* and it works perfectly

*Too bad the game crashes me on half the time I try to join an online game

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Your Computer posted:

I only play my Switch handheld so this is a super bummer :( I want to party some Marios

You can still use it in table top mode, or place the tablet on your lap and take a joycon off.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
The joycons loving suck dick. My friend brought his switch over last weekend so we could play overcooked 2 and we kept losing connection and having to repair controllers and poo poo at least once a level. I don't know if the controls are supposed to feel lovely and floaty in that game but it was seriously awful. I mostly use my pro controller so I forgot how trash those things are. Definitely not getting Mario Party if I have to rely on that lovely connection and tiny rear end controller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
I never buy Mario Party so it's not an issue for me I guess, but reviews are giving me a Mario Tennis launch all over again vibe