Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
theres a swap deal going on where you can replace the old one, by submitting a ticket. guess ill do that, the old one is unplayable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maimgara
May 2, 2007
Chlorine for the Gene-pool.

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

theres a swap deal going on where you can replace the old one, by submitting a ticket. guess ill do that, the old one is unplayable

I've sent in a ticket for the swap - the 90mm one is totally a turd.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Maimgara posted:

I've sent in a ticket for the swap - the 90mm one is totally a turd.

same!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Yeah, if I had the old one, I'd do the swap deal in a New York minute

/edit:
Also, I'm like the American people, I'm tired of all the winning, so I'm going to bed.

My biggest complaint is that enemy teams die too fast for me to get past 3x my HP on average. First world problems.

Also also, average game length at this tier is way below 5 minutes, amazing.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Oct 3, 2018

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Trump is going to make tanks great again, you'll see.

WGing sold me 20 x5 xp for victory missions for $15, I feel ashamed, but at the same time getting through a tanks grind 5x faster is nice, and the crew gets juiced on xp too.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 3, 2018

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
The uh....thread title is quite spooky.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

We should really probably have an updated OP but :effort:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

We should really probably have an updated OP but :effort:

I was gonna write one up but then I got lazy and stopped playing, so if I were to write another OP it'd be a link to the goodoldgames download for Hollow Knight or something.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Been watching skill4ltu play the KanJpz105 this afternoon, he's been one-shot by artillery three times already. You can't play aggressive with that tank at all, anything shooting HE will wreck you instantly.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Oh, it also has 2k dpm and 460 spotting while moving :lol:

The FCM36 doesn't really do the whole "moving" thing....

saintonan posted:

Been watching skill4ltu play the KanJpz105 this afternoon, he's been one-shot by artillery three times already. You can't play aggressive with that tank at all, anything shooting HE will wreck you instantly.

To be fair that's every paper TD. The Skorpion doesn't seem to suffer for it though! :downs:

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

saintonan posted:

So it's like the old kjpz, with a better gun...
I still think the worst premium in this game is the us scorpion. Utterly worthless.

Has someone made strategy maps with the current maps? I'm a bit out of the loop with all the map changes/current meta and improvise with varied results atm.

Found these: https://wotguru.com/map-strategy/

He doesn't have all the maps though and I have no idea if he knows what he's talking about.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

I still think the worst premium in this game is the us scorpion. Utterly worthless.

At some point, they had a rental event for the Scorpion, where you had to play a handful of games to get some minor rewards. I managed to convince ExiaFS to platoon a few games in the Scorpion by saying, "come on, it'll be fun!"

It was not fun.

At some point after this, we ended up winning Scorpions in a tournament or something. Exia immediately sold it for credits.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

Has someone made strategy maps with the current maps? I'm a bit out of the loop with all the map changes/current meta and improvise with varied results atm.

Found these: https://wotguru.com/map-strategy/

He doesn't have all the maps though and I have no idea if he knows what he's talking about.

Cody's a decent player but it takes him a while to update his website. Eventually he will get to it.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Atomizer posted:

To be fair that's every paper TD. The Skorpion doesn't seem to suffer for it though! :downs:

A turret and a better gun go a long way.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Atomizer posted:

The FCM36 doesn't really do the whole "moving" thing....

Well, true, but when it comes down to you and the last three enemies, the ability to outspot literally everything with 460m view range before redeploying your binocs is priceless

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The type-59 buffs have me wetting myself https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/pmm-vehicles-update-1-2/

Also, is there any point in wasting a 0-Skill BIA guy on a loader slot, you basically have 4 skills to get and then after that it doesn't matter.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 4, 2018

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I'm actually really looking forward to the Super Pershing buff, the added engine power and the armor buffs should do that thing world's of good.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I have not played this game in years and I just reinstalled. What the gently caress is most of these doodads?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Q_res posted:

I'm actually really looking forward to the Super Pershing buff, the added engine power and the armor buffs should do that thing world's of good.

That will make the super pershing super trolly again which is always funny. The type 59 tho wow.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

BadLlama posted:

The type-59 buffs have me wetting myself https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/pmm-vehicles-update-1-2/

Also, is there any point in wasting a 0-Skill BIA guy on a loader slot, you basically have 4 skills to get and then after that it doesn't matter.

What the gently caress, Wargaming? Yeah just add 250 horsepower to the engine while increasing the DPM and gun depression, that'll be fine.

he only reason to use a 0-skill crew member for a loader is because getting 4 skills takes a while. If your tank can skimp on camo or repair for a bit, just use a regular loader. Never skimp on Safe Stowage though.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

he only reason to use a 0-skill crew member for a loader is because getting 4 skills takes a while. If your tank can skimp on camo or repair for a bit, just use a regular loader. Never skimp on Safe Stowage though.

Yeah my thoughts exactly, even if repairs is chosen as the 4th skill you'll get that to 50% pretty quickly, I may need to go through my ladies and distribute out some of the loaders to make more crews.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

The T-34-3 will have more than double the gun depression it had when it was first introduced. :stare:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

The T-34-3 will have more than double the gun depression it had when it was first introduced. :stare:

A whole 6 degrees?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

A whole 6 degrees?

6.5 please good sir.

aww the good ole days on 3 degree of depression, its silly the wz-120 still has that.

VVV I don't think I have even seen one for months.

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Oct 5, 2018

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
haha whats the deal with the chinese t10 td. it looks RIDICULOUS. began grinding the td three because of looks alone. Is it playable?

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

haha whats the deal with the chinese t10 td. it looks RIDICULOUS. began grinding the td three because of looks alone. Is it playable?

They're mostly clones of the original line of Soviet TDs. The tiers 4-5 in particular are quite comparable between lines from what I recall. The tier 8 has a smaller gun but more armor (which isn't particularly reliable) than the ISU, but after that they have lots of armor and big guns. The Chinese TDs are as playable as any non-turreted TDs; this is probably a line you could start if you've ground out most of everything else you want, because it's not something I'd recommend for a new player.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Atomizer posted:

They're mostly clones of the original line of Soviet TDs. The tiers 4-5 in particular are quite comparable between lines from what I recall. The tier 8 has a smaller gun but more armor (which isn't particularly reliable) than the ISU, but after that they have lots of armor and big guns. The Chinese TDs are as playable as any non-turreted TDs; this is probably a line you could start if you've ground out most of everything else you want, because it's not something I'd recommend for a new player.

Tier V is nowt like anything in the Soviet line, it's a dumb loving useless shoe-shaped piece of poo poo with all the armour properties of buttered toast. The Tier IV is effectively the SU-85B again but arguably better. Tier VI and VII can be seen as lighter "alternatives" to the SU-100 and SU-122-44 (both are pretty solid TD's and worth a go). Everything after that is similar enough to the Soviet equivalent (usually by crudely affixing a gently caress-off supergun in a crummy superstructure to a related hull), but not so similar as to just fill space as a lovely, laughably inadequate clone (unlike the Type 58). The Tier VIII premium in particular is a loving hoot, monstrously so when top tier.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Tier V is nowt like anything in the Soviet line, it's a dumb loving useless shoe-shaped piece of poo poo with all the armour properties of buttered toast. The Tier IV is effectively the SU-85B again but arguably better. Tier VI and VII can be seen as lighter "alternatives" to the SU-100 and SU-122-44 (both are pretty solid TD's and worth a go). Everything after that is similar enough to the Soviet equivalent (usually by crudely affixing a gently caress-off supergun in a crummy superstructure to a related hull), but not so similar as to just fill space as a lovely, laughably inadequate clone (unlike the Type 58). The Tier VIII premium in particular is a loving hoot, monstrously so when top tier.

The 60G FT is certainly comparable to the SU-85. In fact, aside from having even more papery armor, the former is better in many ways.

Since you mentioned it, the tier 8 premium TD is better than the tech tree one. The WZ-111 does get essentially the JT's gun at tier 8 which is nice, but the WZ-120 still has a decent gun with much better mobility and roughly better armor (at least frontally, where it counts.)

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Truck Stop Daddy posted:

I found all of the tanks leading up to the tier 8 really fun to grind, even the tier V is workable due to the good accuracy, even though it stands out with much less mobility than the other ones. The 76G FT is an absolute keeper, it's a MUCH more mobile SU-85B with absolutely ridiculous camo that you can push up to something like 29% moving, 55% stationary. It also has much better gun traverse limits, and more than TWICE the engine power, since you can cram the removed engine governors on it.

Since the tier 8, the fun has really stalled. The gun sacrifices alpha for much better standard and gold pen vs. the post-nerf ISU, but the mobility takes a massive hit by being almost a full 10kmh slower, and with worse camo, that can hurt. It has a lot more options in tier 10 matches with 271 / 340 pen, but relocating is a lot more painful when a flank collapses.

The tier 8 premium is a loving wonderworker, though, and if you see it on sale, it's a great crew trainer and fun tank for the rest of the line.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I was gonna say "My winrate is finally normalizing while my average damage keeps rising", but then it went back up to 75% again.
This tank is so loving broken.

Also, sealclubbing has been fun not just because you're winning in a broken tank, but the poo poo you see happening is so refreshing and dumb. Half the enemy team going through the middle in Paris? Sure. Entire enemy team going through the middle on Lakeville, but not even through the narrow road along the peak, but the wide open space west of the city so you can pick them off one by one? Absolutely. Half the enemy team slowly slugging through the swampy middle on live oaks while the other half moves around the city in the north? Yup. Full cavalry-charge across the field on Malinovka? I'll take it.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Why do tier threes see Paris? Why is Paris still in the game?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Okay, the FCM 36 Pak40 is a joke, right?

Like, I get how Wargaming is saying "LOL IT'S BALANCED BECAUSE IT'S SLOW AND HAS A NARROW GUN ARC", but this thing has top notch accuracy, basically no aimtime, a good reload, good pen, good damage, good gun depression.

And above loving all: FIFTY PERCENT STATIONARY CAMO AND FIVE HUNDRED AND TWENTY-TWO METERS VIEW RANGE

AT TIER loving THREE?!?

I've not played in months so hi. The Pak40 was one of the first prems I bought back when old province was still in rotation and boy howdy with binos it was instant win on that map since you basically kept the entire enemy team spotted, also all chat was a thing then and whoa loads of dudes could simply not understand why they were getting shot by invisible tanks YOU loving HACKERZ

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Why do tier threes see Paris? Why is Paris still in the game?

Because of the bridge.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

BadLlama posted:

Because of the bridge.

WG does seem to have a particularly hard boner for maps that allow you to drop onto others to the point they even rip holes in walls so you can specifically jump

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

So the 60TP is kind of awesome, blapping dudes in the butt with giant hot loads.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BadLlama posted:

So blapping dudes in the butt with giant hot loads is kind of awesome.

FTFY

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I've been having good fun with the t9 50tp. That alpha damage is hilarious. Had a game earlier on ensk where I finished second at 3500 damage dealt. Just so easy to get the raw damage in.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Just had the weirdest game. Unicum GWE100 on the other team was gunning for me hard when only me and our batchat arty were cleaning up the last 6 dudes on his team one by one. He ended up not just landing amazing shots on me, but predicted my moves with a scary amount of foresight. With 30 seconds left, our batchat found the guy, he misses his shot, batchat has two rounds in the drum left, but goes in to facehug, gets 200 ramming damage, rolls low on him and splashes himself down to 30hp with like 4 seconds left, so he couldn't have reloaded in time. But his last shot caused a fire, so he got the top gun after all.

Hell of an end to the game.

Serious work put in by both arties

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
Aaaah I wish my GW Panther could do some serious damage. Puny 200~300 damage on direct hits is sad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gD95QPRHSP4

Tier 8 Premium Emil coming soon. Bouncier turret and only 3 shots but much better gun handling and accuracy.