Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Lid posted:

I know Bryan is a Gen X'er but that he doesn't remember the New Brood vs Edge and Christian series in the TIT leads to the ladder match that gets a standing ovation for both teams and kicked off that entire period leading to the tables match with the Dudleyz at the Rumble where Jeff dives off the stage, the triangle ladder match and in turn the TLCs is a really odd thing to forget. Craig remembers and tries to point it out and Bryan has like no recollection or response to what hes referring to.
Craig is largely bad but he’s often way better than the other two for context and history. He should do more of that rather than “let me write that down” and *annoying suppressed laugh noise when someone makes a double entendre*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

jesus WEP posted:

*annoying suppressed laugh noise when someone makes a double entendre*
about 8:10 or so on today’s show

E: and 12:00

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Oct 3, 2018

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

jesus WEP posted:

Craig is largely bad but he’s often way better than the other two for context and history. He should do more of that rather than “let me write that down” and *annoying suppressed laugh noise when someone makes a double entendre*

nah you see he's a Good Christian Boy and that's why he can't cuss or laugh at sex jokes (but being racist and sexist is still acceptable)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

other poo poo that should be brought up

in an order to homogenize and improve THE BRAND, UFC cut a deal with Reebok to provide fight kits for the fighters, which basically forced all the fighters and their personnel to lose their sponsorships because they couldn't appear on the Reebok provided gear. They were somewgay compensated for the change but it lost a lot of money. The uniforms that Reebok provided originally only came in black and white, had fighter's name misspelled, and looked like poo poo. This caused the fighters to grow resentful. (They even extended the no-sponsorship issue as far as the goddamned cutmen. Dana ended up blackballing one of the original UFC cutmen because he got mad that he lost money on the Reebok deal and spoke out about it.)

Titles, interim titles, and the such. In order to sell more PPVs, UFC tries to stick at least 1 title match to main event a PPV card. Because UFC fighter have to recover, sometimes the talent just isnt there to set up a championship fight. So UFC instead makes interim titles which are like real titles but they mean you might get an actual world title shot unless UFC doesnt randomly strip you of the title.

A perfect example of this was when UFC put an interim welterweight title match on UFC 225 to determine a challenger for Tyrone Woodley (who hadn't fought for a year). Covington won the shot, but had surgery in the down period that would have kept him out until November. UFC wanted Woodley to fight before November, so they booked another challenger instead. And then stripped Covington because ????.

Also I really dont want to touch how Conor basically hosed over 2 weight classes because he was their class champion, but stopped doing fights with actual contenders and in the UFC, so the contender backlog ate itself alive and the divisions look like poo poo.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
A great example of Bischoff bullshit is on this week's episode of 83 Weeks. Conrad brings up the Piper/Nash backstage 'fight' and Bischoff claims nothing happened and uses it as an excuse to poo poo on Meltzer and claims that it's the only version of the story. Conrad doesn't say poo poo about this which would be ok, except that this just came up a few years ago with Nash and Piper having a Twitter feud shortly before Piper's death. Piper, Nash, Waltman; pretty much everyone except Bischoff claims there was an altercation but of course Bischoff doesn't mention that and Conrad moves on.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If you listen to that shite you deserve what you get

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I believe from the viewpoint of people talking about it, they aren't necessarily looking for a good show but bischoff helldump material, for entertainment purposes

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Bayley 2 Belly is a far superior podcast

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I do enjoy the shows because when he isn't trying to bury Dave or not admit to common knowledge, he does have a pretty good memory for how things ran and he does have a lot of interesting anecdotes from how things were running backstage or the general direction. The Conrad calling him out on poo poo schtick has somewhat gone away and it's kind of ok because most of the time the show is Conrad running through a series of events and Bischoff talking about the production and logistics of it which the show is better for. I think in retrospect the strongest shows have been the Jericho and Sting ones.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

PaybackJack posted:

A great example of Bischoff bullshit is on this week's episode of 83 Weeks. Conrad brings up the Piper/Nash backstage 'fight' and Bischoff claims nothing happened and uses it as an excuse to poo poo on Meltzer and claims that it's the only version of the story. Conrad doesn't say poo poo about this which would be ok, except that this just came up a few years ago with Nash and Piper having a Twitter feud shortly before Piper's death. Piper, Nash, Waltman; pretty much everyone except Bischoff claims there was an altercation but of course Bischoff doesn't mention that and Conrad moves on.

A former NXT interview girl hosts a clearly needed 83 Weeks After Show for some reason:

https://twitter.com/CHRISTYreports/status/1047212816954941440

Discussion about what level of day drunk Eric is I guess

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Sa Tu Ra Shon

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Enjoyed Bryan and Dave just shooting the poo poo and coming up with a bunch of incidents that were way more heinous than Joe ringing a doorbell

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Dave misses his friend Joe Silva :(

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
And his Ribera jackets :smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

a big fat bunny posted:

Dave misses his friend Joe Silva :(

"There are 4 or 5 guys I figured I would always stay in contact with, and he was one of them, and I'll probably never talk to him again in my life." :smith:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1048773115759681536?s=19

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1048808740655259648

I'm guessing Dave has some thoughts on the UFC mess huh

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I'm guessing Dave has some thoughts on the UFC mess huh

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1048813516788916225

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

lmao

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

The two sides of Wrestling Observer.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Does anyone have the B&V episode source, or recall which one it was, where Bryan was going on and on about Undertaker's Dong? Trying to prove to a friend that this happened, but the only thing I've found has been this remix clip

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I think Dave came very close to bringing up the Saudi government killing a journalist on WOR and then barely stopped himself.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Xenoletum posted:

Does anyone have the B&V episode source, or recall which one it was, where Bryan was going on and on about Undertaker's Dong? Trying to prove to a friend that this happened, but the only thing I've found has been this remix clip

Wait you found undertakers dong? Hell yes thats my favorite clip from what? 8 years ago? I loved that.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

VJeff posted:

I think Dave came very close to bringing up the Saudi government killing a journalist on WOR and then barely stopped himself.

Yeah, he seemed real close to it. I wish he had. Crown Jewel feels like the normalization is setting in and people now just accept that WWE does propoganda for rich Saudi princes.

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

"Anything for Smackdown tomorrow?"
"Yeah, a bunch!" *almost 45 seconds of dead air that's only broken up by Meltzer making slight noises*

Dead air on the WORs are my favorite thing because you KNOW Bryan hates that poo poo but he won't say anything because it's Dave.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

a big fat bunny posted:

"Yeah, a bunch!" *almost 45 seconds of dead air that's only broken up by Meltzer making slight noises*

Dead air on the WORs are my favorite thing because you KNOW Bryan hates that poo poo but he won't say anything because it's Dave.

And all he needs to do is run a filter to eliminate silences... but he won't, thankfully.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I had to lol at Dave going over all the sports with fighting in it to prove why what happened Saturday wasn't that big of a deal. Comparing it to poo poo he saw at the Cow Palace in the 60's hardly seems fair.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

explosivo posted:

I had to lol at Dave going over all the sports with fighting in it to prove why what happened Saturday wasn't that big of a deal. Comparing it to poo poo he saw at the Cow Palace in the 60's hardly seems fair.
His position is not that it was worse before, therefore it's not that bad now. It's that we've progressed as a culture to the point that this is now frowned upon and that's a good thing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
My position is that more people should attack Conor McGregor and his friends.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

explosivo posted:

So how about the baseball fights that happen many times per season, or as he said hockey fights that happen daily.

Those aren't nearly as cool as what Khabib did but what can you do.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

VJeff posted:

My position is that more people should attack Conor McGregor and his friends.

Khabib beat up Conor(the greatest fighter not Floyd Mayweather) and still had more energy to immediately fight multiple opponents. This makes him the greatest fighter that's not Floyd Mayweather.

what I'm saying is we need to bring back chessboxing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
imo the Tigers-Yankees insanity from last year is way worse than what happened at UFC, but granted, nobody jumped a cage in that one.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

Khabib beat up Conor(the greatest fighter not Floyd Mayweather) and still had more energy to immediately fight multiple opponents. This makes him the greatest fighter that's not Floyd Mayweather.

what I'm saying is we need to bring back chessboxing.

Unfortunately it's shrouded in mystery

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 10, 2018

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

the only mistake khabib made was not kicking drake in the face too

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Not to be all "Who the gently caress is Florida Georgia Line" like people in that one Raw thread but although I know who Drake is and that he's a huge star I will forever be puzzled as to why he's been at the top of the charts for like years now

Getting old sucks

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
how can anybody hate this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGt4TL5sJbA

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Not to be all "Who the gently caress is Florida Georgia Line" like people in that one Raw thread but although I know who Drake is and that he's a huge star I will forever be puzzled as to why he's been at the top of the charts for like years now

Getting old sucks

Not knowing who Florida Georgia Line are is awesome, though, because it means you don't live in one of America's shame places.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

a big fat bunny posted:

It's great because Bryan used to almost beg Dave to keep talking while looking, but Dave would adamantly refuse and eventually Bryan just gave up and just sits there seething. Then after all that he'll say something like,"Well we're out of time, so until nex-" and Dave will cut him off with,"Wait wait we have to talk about <x>" :allears:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Defiance Industries posted:

Not knowing who Florida Georgia Line are is awesome, though, because it means you don't live in one of America's shame places.

Unfortunately I do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Defiance Industries posted:

Every part of the US is shameful