Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Dragonstoned posted:

I kinda thought the bondage thing was because he had an earlier conversation with Wide Whale about his ex who was super into bondage and WW being shocked by it "Really? Angie?" and then him getting worried that she might be "into that sort of thing" too.

Maybe he's overly protective of her because he got the old "If anything happens to her, it's on your head" speech from WW? but it could be that he's just a creep lol

What? He freaked out because he was worried she would tell Wide Wale that he tied her to the bed right after the Angie conversation and Wide Wale might think Rocco was banging Sirena.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Servaetes posted:

Oh my god pull up

E: this thread is at it's worst 2 days before the next ep comes out. Every. Single. Time.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Jared looking older might be a meta-joke on how Marvel is constantly reverting Peter Parker to be a loser teenager to maintain the status quo with Aunt May and his on-off girlfriend, despite that it's pretty perfect for a young person in NYC to be stuck living with their parental figures well into their twenties nowadays because of crippling lack of opportunity and unaffordable housing.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

ChairMaster posted:

He doesn't sexualize her at all, people are just weird perverts about things they like and when they don't get the reference to an archetype they fill in the blanks with poo poo like this.

Didn't someone say that the book confirms that he has a creepy thing for her?

I mean, aside from it being clear in the show anyways.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Rocco gets that he can’t survive treating Sirena with disrespect, but he doesn’t actually have any programming for treating a woman with respect.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Back to bad characters: I’ve always hated that two headed old guys. And I can never remember either of their names despite watching an outrageous amount of Venture Bros.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Dragoon and Red Mantle aren't my favorite characters but they have their moments. I liked their puttering about as they procrastinated on reading their final arch assignment.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Rewatching "The Terminus Mandate" and my god do I love Red Death SO MUCH!

Are there any Gif wizards who can make some of him while he's giving his gentleman villain speech?

Him looking at the camera menacingly saying TICK! TICK! TICK! would probs make for a cool av

Dragonstoned fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Oct 4, 2018

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

We know Sheila was number 2 for Truckules, as just mentioend a few posts ago, but I forget, were we ever told what her name was when she did?
Lady Au Pair > ??? > Queen Etherea (Ethereia?) > Dr. Girlfriend > Dr. Mrs. the Monarch

I love every single stupid pun name on this show, so yeah, kind of curious.

My assumption is that she was #2 for Truckules first, then tried to go solo as Lady Au Pair and failed, and Limb took her on as #2 after.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
Rocco's Modern Life

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

The Kingfish posted:

Back to bad characters: I’ve always hated that two headed old guys. And I can never remember either of their names despite watching an outrageous amount of Venture Bros.

what the gently caress

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

The Kingfish posted:

You’re dead on the inside

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

The "Billy bag" almost makes me laugh

"Because you are SANE"

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
"Two heads are better than one."
"What does that have to do with anything?"
"Nothing. I've been wanting to say that all day. I got sick of waiting for an opportunity."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
"I hope it's Al from Home Improvement."

"Did you used to arch him?"

"No, I just think he wouldn't hurt us."

Red Dragoon is awesome.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

The Kingfish posted:

I’ve always hated that two headed old guys. And I can never remember either of their names
Their names are Buddy Holly and the Big Bopper, and they had a Paul Anka song inflicted upon them.

Also, they're great.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Cojawfee posted:

"I hope it's Al from Home Improvement."

"Did you used to arch him?"

"No, I just think he wouldn't hurt us."

Red Dragoon is awesome.

Funny thing is there is precedent for Guild members arching random celebrities, sometimes fatally.

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Peeny Cheez posted:

In what other ways are you a fundamentally bad person?

Do people actually not like St. Cloud? Why?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nonexistence posted:

Read the last page of the thread?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

The Kingfish posted:

How is this possible?

I could be your wing-ed man!

Alan_Shore posted:

"Because you are SANE"

Easily the best line in the series.

What is this? An episode if Gilligan's Island?

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Hedrigall posted:

Nobody brought up one of the best St Cloud lines, his delivery of “Reflex is a lonely child waiting by the park!” during the Please Please Tell Me ball arching.

Zaphod42 posted:

Read the last page of the thread?

I did and the post I quoted is the only mention of St. Cloud :confused:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I can see St Cloud being easily super annoying. There's a reason he shows up about once a season, I think.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcF9AdYpIdo

can someone tell me how to spell grokth or whatever that 21 says

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
What makes St. Cloud so great is that in this world of losers, dorks, and misfits, they can all look at St. Cloud and have a sigh of relief that at least they're not a dweeb like him.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

"and where have you been!? I've been standing all day with my dick in my hand!"
"that was my dick"

Malcolm XML
Aug 8, 2009

I always knew it would end like this.
St cloud loving with Billy is the best though

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I don't like Hunter Gathers or Treister or any of the OSI guys except Shore Leave really. I just don't think that kind of macho bluster type of character generates the kind of joke I'm going to find funny. I like Brock and I like Vatred because there's more there but "army guy" doesn't quite do it for me, even with the very thin additional broth of "he's the Hulk" and/or "extremely mid-aughts trans-panic jokes."

I will admit that I do love St. Cloud although I remember finding his design really funny way back before he even had any lines. I think the bowlcut and shades and Penguin nose carry a lot of weight in shouldering his air of somewhat shoddy, ultra-laconic rich dweeb, and his voice is perfect for it.

Billzasilver
Nov 8, 2016

I lift my drink and sing a song

for who knows if life is short or long?

Man's life is like the morning dew

past days many, future days few

When St. Cloud and billy are together, I don’t get any of their references at all.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nonexistence posted:

I did and the post I quoted is the only mention of St. Cloud :confused:

Sorry. Read page 424.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Billzasilver posted:

When St. Cloud and billy are together, I don’t get any of their references at all.

Goddamn youngin. Get off mah lawn.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Don't act like you get every reference on the Venture Bros. Personally I miss a ton of the music ones

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I'll get the one dressed like Taco, you get Spicoli!

Jeffrey of YOSPOS fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Oct 4, 2018

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Wayland Flowers called, he wants his madame back.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

It's impossible to get them all.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Mantis42 posted:

Don't act like you get every reference on the Venture Bros. Personally I miss a ton of the music ones
I've learned that the only reason I feel like I'm getting most of the references in Venture Bros is because the ones I don't get, I don't even realize there was a reference there that I'm missing. Also, this show tends to compound the references, so I'll often spot that something is obviously a reference to one thing I know, without realizing that a reference to that plus two other things, all mashed together.

WrathOfBlade
May 30, 2011

Archyduke posted:

I don't like Hunter Gathers or Treister or any of the OSI guys except Shore Leave really. I just don't think that kind of macho bluster type of character generates the kind of joke I'm going to find funny. I like Brock and I like Vatred because there's more there but "army guy" doesn't quite do it for me, even with the very thin additional broth of "he's the Hulk" and/or "extremely mid-aughts trans-panic jokes.
I love Treister based solely on Toby Huss knocking every single one of his line readings out of the park.

"I want answers by the time I finish this ja-hyuice box! Warning, I am t'irsty, and it is fruit punch and it is delicious!"

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Nonexistence posted:

It's not so much St. Cloud himself, but being pro-St. Cloud and neutral on the moppets at the same time is evidence of a severe personality disorder.

Archyduke posted:

I don't like Hunter Gathers
Gathers is not my favorite because he's based on an irredeemable scumbag.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

wait what? Hunter S Thompson is a national treasure.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

WrathOfBlade posted:

I love Treister based solely on Toby Huss knocking every single one of his line readings out of the park.

"I want answers by the time I finish this ja-hyuice box! Warning, I am t'irsty, and it is fruit punch and it is delicious!"

The only time a cartoon has ever made me laugh more was Homer falling down the gorge twice. The read on Turrsteee was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

TK-42-1 posted:

wait what? Hunter S Thompson is a national treasure.

Lets not fight about it, just let him have his hot take.