Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
chuds wanted a hitler, and sooner or later they'll probably get one. thankfully, trump's too stupid and lazy to be the fascist dictator they so desperately crave.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
I can’t remember the last time I got a genuine :lol: from a Huckabee presser, but I know when to start my count.

https://twitter.com/ayesharascoe/status/1047569980412375043?s=21

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

This isn't good enough.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Not sure which is worse: an actual fascist leader driving democratic society and liberties down or an incompetent grifter who enables others like him to do the same.

I mean at least the trains were on time we can lol??

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
porque no los dos? pence provides the fascism and trump provides the stupid, he’s literally not intelligent or engaged enough to even have an opinion on things that aren’t Donald j trump or Donald j trump related

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

chuds wanted a hitler, and sooner or later they'll probably get one. thankfully, trump's too stupid and lazy to be the fascist dictator they so desperately crave.

Even if America doesn't turn fascist in the next decade (a pretty big if), Trump has certainly paved the way for the eroding of civil liberties and hateful rhetoric to be much more acceptable/palatable to the general population.

It's been brought up before itt, but the German population weren't innocent bystanders to the rise of Hitler in the 1930s.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

jyrque posted:

Not sure which is worse: an actual fascist leader driving democratic society and liberties down or an incompetent grifter who enables others like him to do the same.

I mean at least the trains were on time we can lol??

a news guy from some more news highlights the fact fascists were always grifters, that none of them acted in good faith, that trumpism is in fact just fascism

https://youtu.be/GM1w8_dOcR8

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

brylcreem posted:

Even if America doesn't turn fascist in the next decade (a pretty big if), Trump has certainly paved the way for the eroding of civil liberties and hateful rhetoric to be much more acceptable/palatable to the general population.

It's been brought up before itt, but the German population weren't innocent bystanders to the rise of Hitler in the 1930s.
That's the scary takeaway. Trump was a surreal nadir when he was elected, but now he's the new standard. Politics (at least American politics, but I can see it happening elsewhere) will never be the same again. it seems almost twee now to look back upon Bush and his gaffs and whatever malice was attributed to him at the time.

And yes - moderate Germans were turning in their neighbours for "suspicious pro-Jewish behaviour" etc. Plenty of ordinary people "just followed orders".

Plenty of people will think it's ridiculous to draw comparisons between what happened then and todays rallies, etc but the rhetoric is eerily similar. I could absolutely believe that people at a Trump rally could be whipped up into committing all sorts of acts.. like imagine if Hillary was spotted in the crowd, for example.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/rajshah45/status/1047734264773660673?s=21

yep, the investigation is complete at *checks tweets* 2:30 in the morning.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

There's me trying to convince my boss that it's going to take several weeks just to complete a proper feasiility study for a new piece of software, yet the FBI can carry out a thorough and complete investigation into Kavs in basically less than a full week. :(

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm binge watching Designated Survivor and it's very funny to have a fantasy land where the President of the United States worries about decorum and respects the press as holding politicians accountable lol

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
"Thorough"... Yeah, I don't know, I think the verdict's still out on that until we hear more about what they've found. As of two days ago the three victims most notably in the center of this hadn't been questioned. If we can get some more input on that, I'll feel more secure.

But not much more secure, because regardless of any news, the Republicans are gonna force Kavanaugh through anyway.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Durzel posted:

There's me trying to convince my boss that it's going to take several weeks just to complete a proper feasiility study for a new piece of software, yet the FBI can carry out a thorough and complete investigation into Kavs in basically less than a full week. :(

Maybe he's so guilty it was an open and shut case and the report is just "he did it."

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

The Grimace posted:

"Thorough"... Yeah, I don't know, I think the verdict's still out on that until we hear more about what they've found.

You won't. They don't want people to realize the report is a joke

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

yeah, last I heard the plan was to have a single copy of the report available in a SCI-FI for an hour at a time, for the entire goddamn senate. One copy per Senate, not per Senator.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

You won't. They don't want people to realize the report is a joke

Yeah, and the very fact that it's being so secretive is proof enough that poo poo isn't right. I hope we get tons of leaks, fast.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1047673458241560576

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

So.. has he seen the report or is he just compromising an investigation / just doesn't care about the contents, etc?

Why am I asking such a dumb question :(

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Soon

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
It's amazing how shamelessly rigged the FBI investigation is. Barely any time, not allowed to interview certain people and now this thing with the report.

Can't wait for Fox to talk about how the FBI found nothing while a drunk rapist gets on the SC and declares the cokehead rapist president a god-king.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

"Something very big is happening" sounds like something a drunk would-be rapist might whisper into his victims ear.

So I guess it makes sense that the president said it.

Ayn Randi
Mar 12, 2009

Grimey Drawer
like objectively yeah its amazing that the world where this was possible exists, but in context it was the absolutely guaranteed and intended outcome and entirely unsurprising or noteworthy

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

LordSloth posted:

yeah, last I heard the plan was to have a single copy of the report available in a SCI-FI for an hour at a time, for the entire goddamn senate. One copy per Senate, not per Senator.

Lmao. Nice country, good job.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Ayn Randi posted:

like objectively yeah its amazing that the world where this was possible exists, but in context it was the absolutely guaranteed and intended outcome and entirely unsurprising or noteworthy

:agreed:

It was the wrong word to use really.

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/1047533027964989441?s=19

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

bloom posted:

It's amazing how shamelessly rigged the FBI investigation is. Barely any time, not allowed to interview certain people and now this thing with the report.

Can't wait for Fox to talk about how the FBI found nothing while a drunk rapist gets on the SC and declares the cokehead rapist president a god-king.

If he's confirmed you all need to start picketing, protesting and disrupting.

:d2a:

frh
Dec 6, 2014

Hire Kenny G to play for me in the elevator.
https://twitter.com/dbongino/status/1047649509810098176?s=19

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Yeah because it's the drinking people have a problem with.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

TontoCorazon posted:

Yeah because it's the drinking people have a problem with.

HE SMOKED THE DEVIL'S LETTUCE!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

fuckin lmao

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

LordSloth posted:

I can’t remember the last time I got a genuine :lol: from a Huckabee presser, but I know when to start my count.

https://twitter.com/ayesharascoe/status/1047569980412375043?s=21

Pointing out that Donald is a hypocritical retard is a waste of time because anyone with more than three brain cells has already known it for decades.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

veiled boner fuel posted:

Pointing out that Donald is a hypocritical retard is a waste of time because anyone with more than three brain cells has already known it for decades.

I never said it was useful, but when watching this clip I had to make sure it wasn’t one Seth Meyer’s faked press conferences because the question and answer were so disconnected.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Pictured: A saint.

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.
Some percentage of Americans watched The Handmaid's Tale and thought, that is awesome, we need to do that.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Hitler: Yeah my paintings aren't great.

Media Crazy Losers who are Kissing Butts but Are Actually Nutso!: BOOO!!! Boo this man, we hate you!

Seems like the media's jumping to conclusions again!!!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

LordSloth posted:

I never said it was useful, but when watching this clip I had to make sure it wasn’t one Seth Meyer’s faked press conferences because the question and answer were so disconnected.

Its good that you posted the clip I'm just saying the reporters are wasting their time and every time they're called on they should just stand up and call him a gently caress man or a rapist or a retard.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

He's definitely done some rape

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

30,000 likes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007