Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I was recovering from some surgery when I bought a Wii, mostly because I couldn't do anything except get up, play video games in a haze until the medication kicked in, and then sleep. I beat Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy and then goons recommended Okami as being like Twilight Princess, but I couldn't really get into it, something about it felt very confusing. I should give it another try sometime, though. A lot of what I thought about Twilight Princess turned out to be totally not true when I replayed it years later, like I remembered next to nothing. Video games are definitely different when go between disorienting pain and being high on oxycontin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Okami is a game where you can feed birds and rabbits, and when you do you get a long cutscene of the animal eating in a field of beautiful flowers. The reward for doing so is you get to watch a cute animal eat some food in a field of beautiful flowers. That's the sort of game it is. It has no respect for the player's time, but if you don't care about that it's very chill/charming.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

the cutscene isn't that long...

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Please ban everyone who dislikes Okami from Imp Zone because it's s telltwle sign that they can't find joy in videogames

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
You can skip the cutscene

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

gently caress yeah, shapes!

Lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Okami is a game where you can feed birds and rabbits, and when you do you get a long cutscene of the animal eating in a field of beautiful flowers. The reward for doing so is you get to watch a cute animal eat some food in a field of beautiful flowers. That's the sort of game it is. It has no respect for the player's time, but if you don't care about that it's very chill/charming.

You get points for upgrading when you feed stuff.

It’s fun to go around the world and make the trees bloom and poo poo, if you don’t really want a slow paced chill adventure you’ll hate it.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Over There posted:

You can skip the cutscene
But why would you?

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
In BOTW, I usually skip the blood moon but never skip cooking.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Phantasium posted:

I've never made it past the excruciatingly long-winded tutorial.

So it is a Zelda clone.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

I spent about a half hour after I figured out cooking, just throwing everything I had into the pot, my grin becoming bigger each time.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pumprag posted:

Counterpoint: shapes are hilarious

when you think about it, 69, 420, and all the other funny numbers are just shapes

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Anyone who skips the cooking cutscene is a cop caller

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't even know it was possible to skip, it's like 3 seconds long

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i skip it towards the very end when im amassing huge amounts of atk buff food

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I had to skip when I was cooking 900 pieces of wood for that insane trial to upgrade the master sword

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I had to skip when I was cooking 900 pieces of wood for that insane trial to upgrade the master sword

NienNunb posted:

Anyone who skips the cooking cutscene is a cop caller

checks out

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
that was a pretty good Ice-T song

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

that was a pretty good Ice-T song
It's like watching a computer somebody fed a bunch of jokes into, and you're the learning algorithm trying to put out a functioning joke in response.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's like watching a computer somebody fed a bunch of jokes into, and you're the learning algorithm trying to put out a functioning joke in response.

It was the censored radio version of the song

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

It was the censored radio version of the song

Ugh, drat things broken again.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the way Hyrb thinks!

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

I like the way Hyrb thinks!

Lmfao

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Mr. Sophistication posted:

Ugh, drat things broken again.

lol

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I guess on the one hand it's going to be hard to top how pretty the flowers were on surgery drugs, but on the other hand, maybe I'll have the attention span to enjoy the game if I try it now.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Bicyclops posted:

I guess on the one hand it's going to be hard to top how pretty the flowers were on surgery drugs, but on the other hand, maybe I'll have the attention span to enjoy the game if I try it now.

develop an opioid addiction trying to replicate your experience.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

R. Dieovich posted:

develop an opioid addiction trying to replicate your experience.

at an AA meeting, 10 years from now: Let me tell you all about a little something called Luigi's purple coins...

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

wall street journal is reporting a new switch coming out next year! possible new screen? I can't read the whole article since I don't have wall street journal but here's a kotaku link about it

https://kotaku.com/report-new-nintendo-switch-model-coming-in-2019-1829513370/amp

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Nintendo switch pro

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i just want a bigger battery. 3 hours isnt really cutting it

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

This link might work. There's not really all that many details.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

yeah that'd be nice. I also hope if they change the screen to be smaller/larger they don't make us buy a new dock

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

an actual dog posted:

This link might work. There's not really all that many details.

thank you. yeah, maybe it's all one giant hoax

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
dont believe any nintendo rumors ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

EVen if it's true, which I doubt, I'm not buying another switch 18 months after the console came out.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

EVen if it's true, which I doubt, I'm not buying another switch 18 months after the console came out.

This. I just bought one

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

it'll probably just be a nicer screen and better battery life

they're not gonna change the form factor significantly mid gen because that makes stuff like labo incompatible

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

yeah, same.

i always play with it docked anyway.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i pre-ordered digitsl smash brothers and now i'm worried i'm going to have to get an external hard drive just to store all of its data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

It's already been out 18 months. This would theoretically come out a year from now. 30+ months.