Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Addamere posted:

you can snag some really great stuff with no opposition if you go at low level, like that cave near fort darius

Unpatched Robe of St. Roris, never forget :911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

new shotn release gonna be good

e: this is near the north coast, the mountains west of what is solitude in TES5

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
Got an ETA? I heard around two weeks ago that it was due in around 2-4 weeks.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Erwin the German posted:

Got an ETA? I heard around two weeks ago that it was due in around 2-4 weeks.

PT has a much smaller team and dont really worry about release dates when they can polish and cram even more stuff in.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Any recommendations on making the pits in the Ascadian Isles better? The steam effects are kind of jarring and I'd love to find something like Scummy Scum to replace it with.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Late to the thread, but if there were ever any game in which nearly-abandoned towns were plausible, it would be Morrowind. Vvardenfell is loving closed, and poo poo is getting bad. The only people who didn't leave are the slavemaster exploiters, the honor-idiot holdouts, the temple zealots, and the wizard-kings who will never give a gently caress about "reality" (and who are using the crises to expand).

Scale it up without adding any/many people. gently caress it.

Addamere posted:

needs more reticulated splines

My dude

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

I still idiot-pine for a Morrowind that better-resembles fanart (or Kirkbride's concepts).

:sigh:

(I also so wish for Skywind that is real and good.)

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Sep 24, 2018

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

i wish to see a crowded silt strider port and watch the striders walk between cities

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

scandoslav posted:

I still idiot-pine for a Morrowind that better-resembles fanart (or Kirkbride's concepts).

:sigh:

(I also so wish for Skywind that is real and good.)

That's one sick Balmora.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

scandoslav posted:

Late to the thread, but if there were ever any game in which nearly-abandoned towns were plausible, it would be Morrowind. Vvardenfell is loving closed, and poo poo is getting bad. The only people who didn't leave are the slavemaster exploiters, the honor-idiot holdouts, the temple zealots, and the wizard-kings who will never give a gently caress about "reality" (and who are using the crises to expand).

?? at the time of the game start vvardenfell had been open to settlement for about 14 years. helseth's predecessor removed that ban shortly before being merced.

if anything its undergoing a population explosion, new buildings are being built all the time, that's a key part of every house questline - each house builds a stronghold to landgrab even more.

unrelated concept art for house dres

i want this so bad

PS TR is actually making exteriors to the south now. more added land hype

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
Hah, I know all three of those first Morrowind drawings because they're loading screens in the Elder Kings mod for Crusader Kings.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvrYFN2sS1w

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

?? at the time of the game start vvardenfell had been open to settlement for about 14 years. helseth's predecessor removed that ban shortly before being merced.

if anything its undergoing a population explosion, new buildings are being built all the time, that's a key part of every house questline - each house builds a stronghold to landgrab even more.

What's being built other than the houses' compounds and Fort Darius*? The Empire placed an embargo on goods from Vvardenfell, which has shut down a bunch of mines. You have to backdoor-teleport into Mournhold to circumvent the embargo/quarantine. There is no little economic incentive to move to the island, and there are plenty of reasons (embargo/quarantine, blight/ash, cultists, loving zombies) to leave. I interpreted the house expansions as taking advantage of the vacuum. :shrug:

e: It's a great time to be a smuggler, for sure, or a corrupt official.

* nominally

quote:

unrelated concept art for house dres

i want this so bad

:same:

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Sep 24, 2018

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

scandoslav posted:

Dang, these sketches are really cool.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

scandoslav posted:

What's being built other than the houses' compounds and Fort Darius*? The Empire placed an embargo on goods from Vvardenfell, which has shut down a bunch of mines. You have to backdoor-teleport into Mournhold to circumvent the embargo/quarantine. There is no little economic incentive to move to the island, and there are plenty of reasons (embargo/quarantine, blight/ash, cultists, loving zombies) to leave. I interpreted the house expansions as taking advantage of the vacuum. :shrug:

e: It's a great time to be a smuggler, for sure, or a corrupt official.

* nominally

:same:

Whats being built the player can experience? Nothing because its a real pain in the rear end to script. But everything except vivec, and a select few other towns have been built in the last few years. Seriously.

The quarantine is kinda not real and more of an excuse why mainland morrowind isnt accessible. TR ignores that entirely.

Vvardenfell has tons of dwemer artifacts, glass, and ebony extremely valuable to the empire. All resources on the island belong to the emperor/duke/empire as a whole.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

Whats being built the player can experience? Nothing because its a real pain in the rear end to script. But everything except vivec, and a select few other towns have been built in the last few years. Seriously.

The quarantine is kinda not real and more of an excuse why mainland morrowind isnt accessible. TR ignores that entirely.

Vvardenfell has tons of dwemer artifacts, glass, and ebony extremely valuable to the empire. All resources on the island belong to the emperor/duke/empire as a whole.

I'm not disagreeing with you regarding the remote-recent history of the island*, I'm saying that faceless zombies and supernatural ash storms put a damper on population growth and retention. The embargo is real enough to shut down mines, and it's real enough to cause a total absence of afloat, legit, operating cargo ships. The west gash and grazelands are also way too empty for having been settled for years... what are all these immigrants doing?

Now, if four taxi ships represent healthy maritime trade, and if a handful of farmsteads are meant to represent booming agriculture, fine, legit, whatever, that works. I prefer my bleaker vision.

* Though Caldera has existed long enough for its walls to start crumbling, and it has a loving haunted house dungeon crypt... thing that can't be new.

Also, I love how openly the Dunmer (and others) flout the Dwemer ban, this motherfucker in particular.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Okay it looks like I had the timeline a bit wrong. Dagoth Ur awoke in 2E 882, and the Sixth House was established outside of the ghostfence by 3E 400, which sort of implies that the Blight was already a thing. The province opened in 3E 414, and TES:3 happened in 3E 427.

A massive influx of people to an island in ash zombie crisis continues to make no sense to me.

-

eta: gently caress Oblivion for turning the Imperial Province into Middle Earth. Dragon Break my rear end.

^
This is also bullshit.

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Sep 24, 2018

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but the Blight was still contained at the time Vvardenfell was opened. The full gravity of what's inside the ghostfence is kept secret, and the order to open the island to colonists is given by the King, who represents imperial interests and is not very in touch with the Tribunal.

The embargo must have been declared shortly before the start of the game, when the Blight finally got out of control.

Also, that little collection of farms and trade ships may not seem like much, but remember that the island has only been open for little more than a decade, not much time to really populate it. Plus, the game couldn't handle more.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Frionnel posted:

Correct me if i'm wrong, but the Blight was still contained at the time Vvardenfell was opened. The full gravity of what's inside the ghostfence is kept secret, and the order to open the island to colonists is given by the King, who represents imperial interests and is not very in touch with the Tribunal.

The embargo must have been declared shortly before the start of the game, when the Blight finally got out of control.

Also, that little collection of farms and trade ships may not seem like much, but remember that the island has only been open for little more than a decade, not much time to really populate it. Plus, the game couldn't handle more.

beat me to it, but yeah, this. only the blades really know what's going on.

the influx of people happened before the ash zombies. most people don't know, the blades/player have very privileged info

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Frionnel posted:

Yeah, I ended up contorting myself into an odd position there, I think. S'all good.

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 12:46 on Sep 25, 2018

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Vvardenfell was already fairly inhabited when the island opened in the 3e. Vivec City was obviously on the southern coast, most of the Sadrith Mora, Vos, and Tel Mora were already Telvanni settlements, Balmora, Suran, and Gnisis were already cities- they were all present on the island in ESO. Major pilgrimage sites were there to Mount Kand and Mount Assarnibibi.

It was strictly Imperial interests in opening Vvardenfell so they could start mining its sweet sweet ebony and glass.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
When were the Dunmer strongholds built and then abandoned? I can't remember it being mentioned.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

When were the Dunmer strongholds built and then abandoned? I can't remember it being mentioned.

Pre great houses I think, during one of the nord wars

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Kogoruhn was the seat of House Dagoth so around then.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Pre-battle of red mountain, probably during the golden age of great houses. The architecture is distinct enough from Velothi style and has almost a dwemer feel to them I'd put it during the time of alliance with Dumac, though that's just my best guess. I don't think we ever in any game get some concrete dates besides "before House Dagoth fell"

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, presumably they were occupied prior to the War of the First Council as a defense against both the Nords and the Dwemer. They were likely abandoned during the first recorded eruption of Red Mountain, the Year of Sun's Death, which happened coterminous with the War of the First Council, and (according to some reports) sundered what would be Vvardenfell completely from the mainland by opening the Inner Sea up.

After that event Vvardenfell probably wasn't in THAT much need of defense, being deep in the Morrowind interior and far from the border of Skyrim. The northern coasts weren't very populated, the cities deeper inland in the south, the only target worth it for Nord raiders being Vivec City itself, and... pretty sure we can safely say THAT city's defenses were beyond compare.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

yeah after the Battle of Red Mountain you don't really have any more nord incursions in to Morrowind anymore what with the whole ALMSIVI thing

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
praise vivec

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46071/

Its here, ui 2.0

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Are there any good quest/quest lines to explore in TR?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Average Bear posted:

The Telvanni stuff in the little town with the tower and the Balmora style houses is good

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Average Bear posted:

Old ebonheart tg

Really just oe as a whole is great

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

Average Bear posted:

I'm very fond of the Akamora Fighter's Guild quests...

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

The Telvanni stuff in the little town with the tower and the Balmora style houses is good

... and yeah, Ranyon-ruhn also has a real banger quest line for Master Mithras. The OE Thieves Guild, as said, is pretty amazing as well. There's also some awesome stuff to find in the Ebon Tower district, especially if you have Tarhiel's journal. Also be sure to go talk to some bureaucrats in the Curia building.

Erwin the German fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Oct 4, 2018

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/46069
Mwse weapon sheathing.

Supports everything.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:eyepop:

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
gently caress I’m loving this MWSE renaissance. By the time they’re done we’ll have Skywind coded in lua.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
https://gitlab.com/OpenMW/openmw/issues/1000

Not gonna be closed anytime soon.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Beautiful

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Alright I gotta admit that weapon sheathing description is awesome.

Pretty much "supports everything. Compatible with everything. Requires nothing but MWSE and MGE-XE. We're just that good."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

What's mad is how the quiver that you get with bows are empty and fill up depending on what arrows you're using, so if you use bonemold arrows they'll appear in the quiver.