Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

American McGay posted:

It's already been out 18 months. This would theoretically come out a year from now. 30+ months.

Well then, where do I preorder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

American McGay posted:

It's already been out 18 months. This would theoretically come out a year from now. 30+ months.

*clicking on banker's lamp*

hm, while better, this is still not in the budget for that fiscal quarter. going to need Nintendo to wait until at least Q4 of 2020 before i can authorize a PO for a couple hundred dollars for console hardware. i will continue to approve all requisitions for new nintendo games, under the usual cost center.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

if smash runs fine i see no reason to upgrade ever

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Nintendo

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

For Okami chat it has a lot of great stuff in it but it comes from an era of games where every major release was padded out to be 40+ hours for no reason, and the target audience at the time didn't mind because we were in school or college and time was meaningless

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Tender Bender posted:

For Okami chat it has a lot of great stuff in it but it comes from an era of games where every major release was padded out to be 40+ hours for no reason, and the target audience at the time didn't mind because we were in school or college and time was meaningless

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The upgrade is probably just the new Nvidia chip that prevents hacking

I'm not sure how they could improve the screen, it's really good quality IPS unless they went to oled or something which I doubt

Probably just the processor

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I thought the games had changed... In the end i realized it was just me

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

at that price you’d have to be crazy NOT to buy it.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
What’s next, friggin armor for your horse?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

christ

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Paying real world money for XP just makes the tedium of the grind obvious enough to make you want to quit. It's like when you go back to a particularly grindy NES era RPG and realize that you're playing so much of it on fast-forward that what's tthe point?

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

*walks into the Ubisoft HQ w/ tactical modified swordcane*

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
at some point you have to take personal responsibility for buying an Ubisoft game

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

gently caress

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

*sees the Xbox logo and immediately starts talking about how great the 4K fidelity is, alongside the excellent additions provided by GamePass cross-platform functionality*

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's hosed up to me that an Assassin's Creed game is bad.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

uh... thanks for your requisition, but the procurement team agrees that we have to deny, take away your p card, and send you to the prison where the developers of concurs fur day are being held.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://clips.twitch.tv/PoisedExuberantSwordThisIsSparta

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Any Imps trying out Mario Party?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'd be down if it had full online but as it stands it seems like it's only fun IRL and I don't have any IRL friends.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Over There posted:

My friend has it but we are waiting until the whole squad can get together. Looks like it’s a lot of fun

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Over There posted:

watching it being played rn (4 players only :( ). it looks fun camt wait till the next game starts so i can play.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i played like 25 mins of it with 4 ppl today it seems fun. better than the last few for sure

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll be hosting a party with a bunch of beautiful, racially balanced 20 somethingns on a rooftop next weekend so I'll be sure to have a setup available.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
confirming super mario party owns. fun as hell

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

I'll be hosting a party with a bunch of beautiful, racially balanced 20 somethingns on a rooftop next weekend so I'll be sure to have a setup available.

see you there

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

In Training posted:

someone post the Game Grumps t shirt post

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

mycophobia posted:

confirming super mario party owns. fun as hell

Played with my husband, he stole my star and sent me to last place.

It's fun

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

is there really a New SwitchU coming out

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Over There posted:

Played with my husband, he stole my star and sent me to last place.

It's fun

i hate all of my friends now

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

is there really a New SwitchU coming out

Yeah they want a new version next year.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The patient gamer wins again

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Love to deny myself playing dozens of epic video games for 2 years in order to save $100.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

American McGay posted:

Love to deny myself playing dozens of epic video games for 2 years in order to save $100.

Sorry to tell you but Nintendo's first party games aren't that good bro

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

American McGay posted:

I love the Switch but there definitely aren't dozens

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Anyway from the rumors I read a lot of people seem to think it'll be a new SKU but nobody knows if it'll actually be marketed as a New Switch. They might just silently start producing it with a different screen or something like Sony did multiple times with the PSP and Vita -- seems like it might just be them capitalizing on a good excuse to get rid of the hack exploit in current models.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Sorry to tell you but Nintendo's first party games aren't that good bro

wtf

mario odyssey and BOTW are deffo both GOTY material, even if a ton of the Switch has been re-selling Wii U games and getting low-quality ports, the problem isn't the quality of their games, it's the quantity.