Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bistromatic
Oct 3, 2004

And turn the inner eye
To see its path...

LordAba posted:

Also, I don't use the pegs for tracking hull points because they are a pain (I just use dice), but it is worth painting up a couple pegs in different colors and use those as squad indicators. That way is you have 2 squads with 2 gargoyles each you can add a red peg to two of them, a blue peg to two of them, and track them easily.

I don't remember if i posted this before but i really like these silicone rings and some adhesive page markers for battlegroup tracking:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Bistromatic posted:

I don't remember if i posted this before but i really like these silicone rings and some adhesive page markers for battlegroup tracking:

I don't think I've seen that before. A great idea!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Highlighting the facing is also a good call.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Atlas Hugged posted:

Highlighting the facing is also a good call.

Yeah. I just do a red lines on the base and fill in the narrow slot. Makes it much easier to see at a distance.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Does TT Combat not make mats anymore? I can't find them on their website but I find them listed on third party sites.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

Atlas Hugged posted:

Does TT Combat not make mats anymore? I can't find them on their website but I find them listed on third party sites.

Did they ever? Hawk scrapped the Dropfleet paper mats. Or are we talking about the card Dropzone tiles & buildings sets? Those are probably going as TTcombat are the mdf people.

Deepcut do nice mats for both if that is what you were thinking of?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Ugleb posted:

Did they ever? Hawk scrapped the Dropfleet paper mats. Or are we talking about the card Dropzone tiles & buildings sets? Those are probably going as TTcombat are the mdf people.

Deepcut do nice mats for both if that is what you were thinking of?

matsbymars.com has custom ones and "TT Combat" mats, so who knows.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Last call for your map credits, TTcombat are saying get in touch if you haven't had yours. Credit expires on the 5th!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
So I just opened my Scourge box and there are not widgets in it. Is there a way to just get widgets? I guess I need 9 (7 Scourge ships + 2 Voidgates. I see on TTCombat's site they have Hawk Widgets, but I think these are for Dropzone.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Atlas Hugged posted:

So I just opened my Scourge box and there are not widgets in it. Is there a way to just get widgets? I guess I need 9 (7 Scourge ships + 2 Voidgates. I see on TTCombat's site they have Hawk Widgets, but I think these are for Dropzone.

If there's a mispack message them on facebook. They're usually pretty good about responding within hours.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Hey guys, since apparently TTCombat does not have a way for you to use 2 different store credit codes at the same time and the fact that I have 2, one larger one the base five pounds one, and the fact that it won't cover shipping to the US so there is no point in doing a second order to use this... Please some goon make use of the following TTCombat code for £5 store credit before October 5th:

pbezf9-77yjs9

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

wdarkk posted:

If there's a mispack message them on facebook. They're usually pretty good about responding within hours.

I've messaged them. I'll see what happens.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Apparently I'm getting some widgets. I was a bit worried that this wouldn't work as this was a secondhand deal without a proof of purchase, but they were super helpful anyway.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Pash posted:

Hey guys, since apparently TTCombat does not have a way for you to use 2 different store credit codes at the same time and the fact that I have 2, one larger one the base five pounds one, and the fact that it won't cover shipping to the US so there is no point in doing a second order to use this... Please some goon make use of the following TTCombat code for £5 store credit before October 5th:

pbezf9-77yjs9

I am not a proud man and gratefully snatched this! I put it towards the new ruined Lincoln building kit for my Fallout collection, thanks very much I owe you nerd cred.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

Ugleb posted:

I am not a proud man and gratefully snatched this! I put it towards the new ruined Lincoln building kit for my Fallout collection, thanks very much I owe you nerd cred.

No problem, just glad someone could use it.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I always go for simple and fast when I pick a painting scheme. I'd rather crack out a force in a couple of days than labor for weeks to get every detail perfect. That said, I'm pretty pleased with how striking this is. I thought these would be a lot more time intensive.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

I always go for simple and fast when I pick a painting scheme. I'd rather crack out a force in a couple of days than labor for weeks to get every detail perfect. That said, I'm pretty pleased with how striking this is. I thought these would be a lot more time intensive.

Looking good. What wash is that?

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

wdarkk posted:

Looking good. What wash is that?

I sprayed generic black paint. I used Army Painter Plate Mail Silver as my base coat. Then I painted the majority of it with Army Painter Greenskin except for the gem which was done in Alien Purple. The wash is Citadel Biel-Tan Green. I washed the purple and silver in Citadel Abaddon Black. I touched up the gem with Army Painter Orc Blood mixed with Matt White. I highlighted the the rest of the ship with Army Painter Elemental Bolt mixed with Matt White.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Nice job, I like the sheen the metallics give it.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Got my dreadnoughts, after seeing a bunch of posts about bad casts I was worried, but they had no real issues. The ridge on the PHR one will need some filing/sanding and there's a bit of straightening in hot water to do but that's it. No idea when I'll have time to finish these big fuckers but we'll see.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Got my widgets. 6 days from TTCombat's warehouse to Southeast Asia. Not bad!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Finished my first starter fleet. Now on to the Flood! Plague! Tyranids! Scourge!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

Finished my first starter fleet. Now on to the Flood! Plague! Tyranids! Scourge!

Not bad. Quick crosspost of some more of mine from the Oath thread:

Got a game in with a friend using my Shaltari and me using UCM. We were both kind of tired so our play was atrocious. That said holy poo poo Diamond. That thing has been nerfed 3x and still feels monstrous and unfair.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I have played against a Diamond once, it very nearly 1-shotted my Minos! That was a holy poo poo moment from both sides of the table.

Funnily enough I am currently painting a Diamond.....

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Here's my test scheme on a Scourge cruiser. I just couldn't hide that seem even after using liquid putty. It's really annoying that there's such fine detail right that that I could easily mask and also it's in such a prominent place on the ship. Oh well. At least the colors are neat.

Incy
May 30, 2006
for other Out

Ugleb posted:

I have played against a Diamond once, it very nearly 1-shotted my Minos! That was a holy poo poo moment from both sides of the table.

Funnily enough I am currently painting a Diamond.....

Still the second best shaltari battleship!

I've got no idea how to use the dreadnought though.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Currently sorting through my extra stuff to sell, pretty much all my 'Zone UCM and some Dropfleet bits, would any goons here be interested in the sector 2 set and kickstarter battlecruiser add-ons?

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Had some time to get this thing done.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Sojenus posted:

Had some time to get this thing done.

Not a fan of the forehead wings eh?

I'm still getting mine assembled, but thanks to some deals I've got a PHR and Scourge dread in the mail too.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

I dream of the day... Nice blue on that BTW.

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

wdarkk posted:

I just can't see them as anything other than weird ears, plus having a second set of those small wings on hand means I can finally get around to magnetizing my battleship prows.

I hadn't gotten a model from them that required much work to assemble before, but this thing needed lots of gap filling in particular between the two halves, as I had to glue them not quite flush with each other to get an extra mm or two of space in the broadside slots to fit the guns, as well as shaving the broadsides themselves down a little.

Ugleb posted:

I dream of the day... Nice blue on that BTW.

Thanks, just Vallejo grey blue with some gloss medium.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

Sojenus posted:

I hadn't gotten a model from them that required much work to assemble before, but this thing needed lots of gap filling in particular between the two halves, as I had to glue them not quite flush with each other to get an extra mm or two of space in the broadside slots to fit the guns, as well as shaving the broadsides themselves down a little.

This will be why they are labelled as advanced modelling kits then. How is the detail otherwise?

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Ugleb posted:

This will be why they are labelled as advanced modelling kits then. How is the detail otherwise?

There's a small ridge on the engines but it's minor enough I don't really mind and would probably worsen it trying to fix it, otherwise the detail is good and the only other work needed was some heat bending on the wings.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
I have completed my shrimp starter fleet.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
Well, I said I'd do Amarr-style golden PHR and here they all are, sitting in my display cabinet:

The PHR cruiser gun banks are magnetised, and the battlecruiser's fins have an appointment with a hot water bath after getting bent during a house move. But all in all I'm quite pleased although doing all the tiny hexagons was (a) hell and (b) good practice for the Shaltari.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

wdarkk posted:

I'm still getting mine assembled, but thanks to some deals I've got a PHR and Scourge dread in the mail too.

The scourge dread was dreadful (pun?) to put together. Even after washing it the anti-grav fins where still a pain to get glued into place.
Great looking once put together! And I really regret not having an airbrush.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

As everyone else is posting theirs... With that lot I finally have a playable Shaltari fleet painted!

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
How do I make Shaltari ion chamber things not look like novelty Christmas tree ornaments? I can get them to an even blue but can't find any way to highlight their detail that doesn't look deeply silly.

Any suggestions?

Sojenus
Dec 28, 2008

Shaltari player I know painted the orbs the same color as the hull and did the dots same as the rest on the ship detailing. Don't stand out much as weapons, but it doesn't look like lovely ornaments either. Or just embrace it and go full Christmas theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

wdarkk posted:

Oath Complete

Gotta say it feels more like I survived this than completed it. That was a lot more painting than I expected. I didn't do anything particularly complicated, but there was just a lot of it.

Cross posting from the Oath thread.