Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

also im the burrito shop with a market capitalization of $2 million

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
walk in to get a burrito, walk out with 20k in burritocoin

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

also you forgot your burrito

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

The next day:

You go back for another burrito, but all you find is graffiti of the word "penis"

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

i loving love #interacting with #burritoshopowners

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
bruce totally gave a speech and got the "sir this is a burrito shop" back

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

finally every human interaction can become an investment pitch

this definitely sounds good and not like a black mirror episode at all

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/Willwaukee/status/1047501643871391745

the lightening bolt is a useful way to tell if someone is being sarcastic or not, its so hard to tell otherwise

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I always thought they were just really into harry potter

Antlerhill
Nov 6, 2012

Smellrose
finally i can give my finances diarrhea while i give myself diarrhea

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Boxturret posted:

https://twitter.com/Willwaukee/status/1047501643871391745

the lightening bolt is a useful way to tell if someone is being sarcastic or not, its so hard to tell otherwise

as opposed to a darkening bolt? :thunk:

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

...! posted:

yes

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

i too as a fellow human do enjoy the possibility of engaging in financial investments while ingesting comestibles

*shifts uneasily in skin suit*

ah ignore that how about that precipitation sir and or madam

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

sfyl

1.2K BTC has been blocked on my Binance account for a month and no clear response from their team yet. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 7 hours ago by skilledguyfx

A month ago Binacne blocked my old, active account that was 3d level verified and full of 1.2K BTC.

The account was created and used for arbitrage on cryptocurrency markets and everything was good for a long time before Binance decided to block it.

Since then I’ve had a long conversation with their representative where I provided all my documents (even more that it was necessary), passed video verification and fund verification as well.

During our conversation they changed the reason for blocking my account a few times and as a conclusion it’s still blocked.

The first reason was “security” the last one was “law enforcement” which they don’t want to connect me directly with. And you know what, I don’t believe them at all.

I make deposits from and make withdrawals exclusively to other well recognized exchanges from Top-10 exchanges.

I haven’t made withdrawals to any new addresses for last month. All withdrawals were from addresses that I used before for as long as several months. Why have you just now blocked my account?

All my withdrawals can be traced to well-known cold wallets of respectable exchanges (all were in top 10, according to CMC).

The hackers don’t do any arbitrage.

It's strictly prohibited to tell anyone that reason of blocked account is law enforcement (in case it's real reason, not like in my case). If it's really law enforcement they will connect you directly without any 3d party.

My accounts on other exchanges are active, so, I’m just wondering for what reasons is Binance holding my money with no rules or reasons for it?

I just kindly ask the official Binance representative to let me know that an investigtion about the account has beed started.

u/Binance How long does it take to finally solve the issue with my account as they’ve had all the documents and information for more than a month?

Is there anyone who’s faced the same situation? What kind of actions should I take against Binance to get my funds back?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGMm5jl9rog

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I knew that video would stay relevant.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
"security"

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

binacne

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
didn't pannenkoek find a way to get the Market Cap?

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Paladinus posted:

I only invest in DUST. Dollars of United States (Tether).

could i interest you in my hot new DUST coin, DUST-514 coin specifically

...!
Oct 5, 2003

lol

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bitfinexed/status/1047244417843834880

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:honked:

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Antlerhill posted:

finally i can give my finances diarrhea while i give myself diarrhea

a perfect liquidity trap

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Munkeymon posted:

a perfect liquidity trap

:eyepoop:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

so selling 3000 tethers craters the price, and they've issued billions of them at this point, each one supposedly worth $1. is that correct?

I know markets can stay irrational for a long time but how has no-one pointed out that the emperor is naked yet

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
someone go to reddit (not me) and post "tether is crashing SELL SELL SELL"

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
racist

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I still don't have internet at home, but I finally posted new blog content! Someone assigned my book for a course, so I did a video answering student questions. (I was gonna do it live, but no internet dammit.) Watch me mumbling on webcam!

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Hammerite posted:

so selling 3000 tethers craters the price, and they've issued billions of them at this point, each one supposedly worth $1. is that correct?

I know markets can stay irrational for a long time but how has no-one pointed out that the emperor is naked yet
people have, but when it's in your best interests to shield your eyes and shriek "statist fud!!!" every time the obvious is said, well

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

...! posted:

sfyl

1.2K BTC has been blocked on my Binance account for a month and no clear response from their team yet. (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 7 hours ago by skilledguyfx

A month ago Binacne blocked my old, active account that was 3d level verified and full of 1.2K BTC.

The account was created and used for arbitrage on cryptocurrency markets and everything was good for a long time before Binance decided to block it.

Since then I’ve had a long conversation with their representative where I provided all my documents (even more that it was necessary), passed video verification and fund verification as well.

During our conversation they changed the reason for blocking my account a few times and as a conclusion it’s still blocked.

The first reason was “security” the last one was “law enforcement” which they don’t want to connect me directly with. And you know what, I don’t believe them at all.

I make deposits from and make withdrawals exclusively to other well recognized exchanges from Top-10 exchanges.

I haven’t made withdrawals to any new addresses for last month. All withdrawals were from addresses that I used before for as long as several months. Why have you just now blocked my account?

All my withdrawals can be traced to well-known cold wallets of respectable exchanges (all were in top 10, according to CMC).

The hackers don’t do any arbitrage.

It's strictly prohibited to tell anyone that reason of blocked account is law enforcement (in case it's real reason, not like in my case). If it's really law enforcement they will connect you directly without any 3d party.

My accounts on other exchanges are active, so, I’m just wondering for what reasons is Binance holding my money with no rules or reasons for it?

I just kindly ask the official Binance representative to let me know that an investigtion about the account has beed started.

u/Binance How long does it take to finally solve the issue with my account as they’ve had all the documents and information for more than a month?

Is there anyone who’s faced the same situation? What kind of actions should I take against Binance to get my funds back?

reddit user discovers why some exchanges have different prices

also I'm Binacne

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

kw0134 posted:

people have, but when it's in your best interests to shield your eyes and shriek "statist fud!!!" every time the obvious is said, well

I continue to be amazed that some government agency, and I don't necessarily mean within the U.S. government, hasn't taken steps to shut them down.

That said, they're effectively operating a ponzi scheme. Ponzis only stop when they're completely out of money, they get shut down by the government, or the operators run off with whatever is left.

The last two don't seem likely to ever happen, so it's not going to blow up until they're totally bankrupt, and the thing is, everything can and will operate normally up until then.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

couldn't you wait for one of these transactions to depress the price a bit, buy a bunch of these Useless Simulated Dollar Tokens at 95 cents with real dollars, wait for the bots to bring the price back up to a full dollar then repeat the cycle with a buy trigger and a sell trigger just far enough apart to cover the transaction fee plus a bit of profit or are the transaction fees high enough to make it a guaranteed loss?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

...! posted:

dorkening bolt :thunk:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Munkeymon posted:

couldn't you wait for one of these transactions to depress the price a bit, buy a bunch of these Useless Simulated Dollar Tokens at 95 cents with real dollars, wait for the bots to bring the price back up to a full dollar then repeat the cycle with a buy trigger and a sell trigger just far enough apart to cover the transaction fee plus a bit of profit or are the transaction fees high enough to make it a guaranteed loss?
If by you you mean the people running the exchanges yes exactly this is happening.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://mobile.twitter.com/elonmuskxz/status/1048004332719890432

good work, twitter

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

that's just his polish brother, elon muskxzyk

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

please elon stop tweeting im losing all the money i invested in you....oh what's this you're giving away free bitcoin? sign me up where's my wallet

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Boxturret posted:

please elon stop tweeting im losing all the money i invested in you....oh what's this you're giving away free bitcoin? sign me up where's my wallet

I read all of these in the voice Zoidberg uses whenever he talks about business or investing.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Boxturret posted:

its a hilarious indictment of musk's fanbase, bc scammers wouldn't keep setting the same bait unless someone was still biting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

the really confusing thing is that it isn't just send me :10bux: and i'll double it, it usually starts at a couple hundred and has a "cap" of thousands

• Locked thread