Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Astro7x posted:

A vast majority of the mini games use motion control that does not make sense to us the pro controller for

Yeah, a lot of mini games require motions that wouldn’t work or be awkward as hell with a pro controller. They still should have had a mode to omit those minigames if you’re playing with pro controllers instead though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
call it the switchu

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

ahem

tje nintendo 2switch

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Your Computer posted:

actually this reminds me of my favorite thing from my old Nintendo magazines:

Translated:

Lol, I'm guessing Nintendo Magasinet?

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Life is way too short to be like handwringing over how by the end of 2019 Nintendo might release the Switch Pro with a bigger battery or whatever. Just play games my dudes

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lodin posted:

Lol, I'm guessing Nintendo Magasinet?

Bingo :pram:

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

It will be called the Nintendo Swatch and will come in a variety of colors

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Your Computer posted:

actually this reminds me of my favorite thing from my old Nintendo magazines:

Translated:

Didn't expect a fellow scandinavian here.

As for this, I probably haven't seen this before now and looool!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

2 1/2 years and there is a console refresh? Oh that’s terrible.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Heath posted:

Switch 2 is good for clicks.

This.

Also, I bought a Switch at launch and I’ll be the first to admit I don’t think I’d be mad at the opportunity to buy a *better* Switch next year. I love it that much.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

obi_ant posted:

2 1/2 years and there is a console refresh? Oh that’s terrible.

It's not a refresh, it's a revision. There is very likely no reason for someone with a current Switch to buy one.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I just started playing Mega Man 11, and don’t let anyone gaslight you, Casual difficulty is the closest thing to the NES and SNES X series. I own, and have beaten, MM 1-6 and MMX and MMX2. Don’t feel bad about playing the game on casual because that’s the difficulty that feels like a legit Mega Man game.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Fremry posted:

I just started playing Mega Man 11, and don’t let anyone gaslight you, Casual difficulty is the closest thing to the NES and SNES X series. I own, and have beaten, MM 1-6 and MMX and MMX2. Don’t feel bad about playing the game on casual because that’s the difficulty that feels like a legit Mega Man game.

Yep, casual is definitely the way to play. I still find the levels kind of obnoxiously long and certain insta-kill things totally bullshit, but at least it makes it a bit more manageable.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Yep, casual is definitely the way to play. I still find the levels kind of obnoxiously long and certain insta-kill things totally bullshit, but at least it makes it a bit more manageable.

Agreed. If the levels were shorter and casual started you with 2 lives instead of 5, it would be pretty dead on as an NES successor.

Normal difficulty is just plain bullshit.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

It's pronounced 'Swezz'.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

The longer levels really don't serve a purpose but to just be longer. I'd argue some of the tough gimmicks would be fun if they happened just once. Doing it multiple times is annoying. I think the bones of the game are good, but there is too much bloat. I'd much rather a slightly shorter and tighter experience.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I didn't find them really any longer than normal. Maybe they feel longer because you're used to going through a stage you already know?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Play on normal you loving cowards.

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...
I really want to get a Mega Man on Switch but I haven't played any of these games in years... Where should I start?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Random Hero posted:

I really want to get a Mega Man on Switch but I haven't played any of these games in years... Where should I start?
11. On normal mode.

content
Feb 13, 2014

American McGay posted:

11. On normal mode.

lol

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004

content posted:

American McGay posted:

11. On normal mode.
lol

I thought I should maybe let a few posts come in before asking.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I abused the hell out of rewind mode on the Switch and I miss it in MM11

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Random Hero posted:

shovel knight

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Looper posted:

shovel knight

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I wish Mario Party were out now

I am not a big fan of Friday release dates

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Looking forward to the §vv|†©π♠

(S)witch house

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004

Looper posted:

shovel knight

I actually have Shovel Knight and haven't started it yet... That's the best option?

Kikkoman
Nov 28, 2002

Posing along since 2005
SwitchSP, clamshell design that clicks into place, handheld only let's go

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A cheaper handheld only “Switch” makes more sense since 3DS will surely be dead by then and it’ll be just in time for the new core Pokémon but I really hope it’s a Switch Pro.

I still wouldn’t expect it to match a PS4 but it would be nice to get a little power jump.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Random Hero posted:

I actually have Shovel Knight and haven't started it yet... That's the best option?

it's not THAT mega man-ish but it's very evocative and also better imo

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Trip Report: Kemono Friends Picross owns.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ItBreathes posted:

(S)witch house

I will never get over how they named the genre 'witch house' when the name 'haunted house' was RIGHT THERE :arghfist::witch:

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Random Hero posted:

No, because Shovel Knight isn't a good game.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

punk rebel ecks posted:

Incredibly Wrong and Extremely Incorrect

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Is this a real new switch or just a switch xl I can safely ignore

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

punk rebel ecks posted:

drat right

it's an amazing game :yeah:

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Posted earlier about never having played the Megaman. Played the demo for about an hour, I can see why people like it but it's not for me. I grew up playing a C64, I don't have the same nostalgia for these old punishing NES style of game.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The demo is more punishing than the actual game is. If you can suck up your pride and buy a bunch of lives and e-tanks and not be afraid to use them it really isn't that hard of a game.

There is something to be said about getting sent so far back when you die, but the game does give you defenses against the instant kills if you buy them. If you're killing things and picking up bolts you should be getting a couple hundred in every stage, and you don't lose them if you die. Same for E- and W-tanks hidden throughout the stages, if you get them you keep them forever until use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug
Nah, there's dozens of other games out there that are just fun for me to play rather than frustrating me to the point where I'm tempted to throw my controller across the room :D