Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.

Way to cite where and what command gave you those numbers, Naval Surface Forces.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

maffew buildings posted:

2 out of 3 people have their info stolen, to include the entire DoD. Thanks, Navy, I'll stay vigilant

But hey! That free three year identity protection!

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Got notice today my disability claim was finished and rated 50%. Anything I should be particularly aware of as this relates to me, school, or the reserves?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The MOB readiness list got released. I’m like number 140 on the IT2 list. It barely moved last year. Guess I’ll just be doing some ADT or ADSW orders this year.

Dorstein
Dec 8, 2000
GIP VSO

Gray Matter posted:

Got notice today my disability claim was finished and rated 50%. Anything I should be particularly aware of as this relates to me, school, or the reserves?

If it's VA disability, they deduct your disability pay from your reserve pay. My experience was that neither bureaucracy could cope with it and it was easier to drop a chit to get out of the reserve. I have heard of those who want the retirement or insurance staying in, despite the zero paycheck. Seems like one of those things where unit/NOSC admin competence matters a lot.

If it's DoD disability, I have no idea.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

The MOB readiness list got released. I’m like number 140 on the IT2 list. It barely moved last year. Guess I’ll just be doing some ADT or ADSW orders this year.

Unless you volunteer like an idiot.

:downs:

Gray Matter
Apr 20, 2009

There's something inside your head..

Dorstein posted:

If it's VA disability, they deduct your disability pay from your reserve pay. My experience was that neither bureaucracy could cope with it and it was easier to drop a chit to get out of the reserve. I have heard of those who want the retirement or insurance staying in, despite the zero paycheck. Seems like one of those things where unit/NOSC admin competence matters a lot.

If it's DoD disability, I have no idea.

It's VA, and as much as I'd love to GTFO of the reserves, I really need the Tricare for my dependents until I graduate and can get (hopefully) reasonable coverage through an employer. Fortunately my expected graduation date roughly corresponds with EAOS.

Gray Matter fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Oct 5, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stultus Maximus posted:

Unless you volunteer like an idiot.

:downs:

Nothing good is available except a USNS ship in the Med. If I didn’t need to be home this summer for our family reunion I’d snap at it.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

Nothing good is available except a USNS ship in the Med. If I didn’t need to be home this summer for our family reunion I’d snap at it.

Do it, we just sent a guy to the det onboard

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

Didn't stop me. I'm leaving my two small children and job that I'm just now getting good at to spend next year in goddamn Africa because my dumb rear end hasn't been contributing to my IRA and 403b like I should have.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Didn't stop me. I'm leaving my two small children and job that I'm just now getting good at to spend next year in goddamn Africa because my dumb rear end hasn't been contributing to my IRA and 403b like I should have.

Dude...

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

My wife and I both work in nonprofit and transferrable Post-9/11 is a hell of a thing. This is the last time I'll ever make this much money in my life. It's gonna suck but my kids are going to have good college funds and I'm going to have a better retirement account.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Just had to cut the day short and send all the students back to their barracks. Word is a student OD'd and died.

Edit: command sweep lol gtfo

Apparently they're going to use the schoolhouse as the staging ground to piss test every student on the base

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 9, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Someone finally died from vape or weed?

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Well we did just have a second incident of a student having a seizure on the smoke deck from their 50mg juice.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
NAS Pensacola and CID Corry locked the gently caress up today. JCAC shut down.

Michael Myers is comin' to stab the gulf coast.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Stay safe Corry High.
Be sure to secure the museum.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Vriess posted:

NAS Pensacola and CID Corry locked the gently caress up today. JCAC shut down.

Michael Myers is comin' to stab the gulf coast.

Good, gently caress corry station, that place is a dumpster.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

orange juche posted:

Good, gently caress corry station, that place is a dumpster.

Caught the clap there eh?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Caught the clap there eh?

No I didn't have an a school whatever, I was spoken for at the time, and besides all the chicks looked rough af. Corry station just sucked because I went right before summer started so it was approximately 9 million degrees every day.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

The local girls there looked about 15 years older than they actually were from all the sun damaged skin.

Fred Dawes
May 10, 2009

I heard the paramedics this morning saying elevate his legs as I walked past his room to 0600 quarters. Wasn't able to return to my room to shower due to yellow tape. We had to wait outside for urinalysis for 8 hours minus a clusterfuck galley trip. Sinks may have been pissed in.

I feel bad for the dude's roommates likely first encounter with an alleged corpse first thing in the morning. I feel worse for whoever his family is. Mostly I just feel exhausted and shamefully callous for not knowing someone living a few doors down from my room. :sad:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I had a roommate at Corry who was abusing something causing him to have really bad hallucinations but the drug test and hospital couldn’t pin point anything. Once it happened a third time they finally put him in restricted. After being in restricted for a month he popped for weed and got separated.

Never did learn what he was going.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Spice or another research chemical they didn't run the assay for.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

don't do drugs kids, it's simple.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
Anyone know if Pensacola closed the base and evacuated?

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
The barracks are about to get their teeth kicked in. This kid apparently OD'd on Friday or Saturday, and wasn't found (in his rack) until Tuesday, when he didn't show up for watch. Room mates thought he was asleep all weekend, no musters being conducted I guess? Word is someone got a picture of the body bag being wheeled out and put it on snapchat. #greatmistakes

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Why the gently caress would you Snapchat it, like what in the gently caress would possess a sailor of the idea that that would be something you could get away with? Wtf is wrong with people? Hey at least they forgot about your service weapon follies.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
It literally gets mentioned at least once a week.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Well at least you never took your roommate appart on watch.

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

It literally gets mentioned at least once a week.

I still have a sensible chuckle every time I think about that.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

orange juche posted:

Why the gently caress would you Snapchat it, like what in the gently caress would possess a sailor of the idea that that would be something you could get away with? Wtf is wrong with people? Hey at least they forgot about your service weapon follies.

why yes inappropriate photography is a novel concept to the military

and that's without even getting into mywarcrimes.jpg

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FrozenVent posted:

Oof

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

FrozenVent posted:

Sizzzzzle

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Edit: removed, and I'll just leave it at "lol navy times is bad at news"

Mr. Bad Guy fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 12, 2018

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Honor, courage and commitment only applies if you're not wearing stars on your collar. Once you've made O-7 lying and deception is par for the course. The Navy was never going to tell the whole truth if they can get away with it.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 12, 2018

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

So at Corry for A school the bad boys waiting to get ad sep were in their own wing of the barracks and couldnt really do anything on their own.
I guess it’s different or those guys were extra bad.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

King of Bees posted:

Anyone know if Pensacola closed the base and evacuated?

Yes, it was evac'd.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

"Mr. Bad Guy" posted:

Redacted Post

I'd be mindful of doxing myself if I were in your shoes. Writing stuff like this out has a way of biting people in the rear end if they can pin down the origins of the comments.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
That's a good point, literally all that would be needed is a Great Lakes email blast re: the first class instructor who disassembled his gun on watch to ID you