Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FayGate
Oct 5, 2012

Not sure how I'm gonna go about it quite yet although I have a few ideas and enough 60's to make it be a long , long time before Core will be killing any dragons harder than a +6 WW.

I hope it was worth it. I know this is gonna be fun for me but perhaps not you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006

What does this mean?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Groovelord Neato posted:

i got to 9 but nobody levels in the old stomping grounds. i was gonna do ec > north ro > oasis. and ks played way too much so he outleveled me super fast. my guy's in north ro.

I thought you gave up, but I'll come buff you until you're big and strong

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

FayGate posted:

Not sure how I'm gonna go about it quite yet although I have a few ideas and enough 60's to make it be a long , long time before Core will be killing any dragons harder than a +6 WW.

bro get a hobby.

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.

FayGate posted:

:captainpop:

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

FayGate posted:

Woah. Didn’t know teenagers still played this. This thread has been loving awesome for my self esteem.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Dick Burglar posted:

What does this mean?

There are named dragons in Western Wastes that can drop a neck with x on all stats and resists. +4 dragons drop necks that give 4 to all stats and resists, and can be solo'd by, say, a torpor shaman, while +6 dragons are harder to kill and require some kind of group effort.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Who are core? Is this some dumb raider drama or something.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Core is banned from raiding until 2022 so not really...

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Core is a cool group of friends looking for other cool people who want to raid in our party guild. Nothing sexual. Dudes in good shape encouraged. If you are fat you should be able to find humor in the little things. Again, nothing sexual.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Zodium posted:

Core is a cool group of friends looking for other cool people who want to raid in our party guild. Nothing sexual. Dudes in good shape encouraged. If you are fat you should be able to find humor in the little things. Again, nothing sexual.

You should've seen how passionate he got when I showed him the dick flyer.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

Well hell. I guess old Tumnus is just a loverman by trade.
So I rolled a warrior back in 2014? and got him to the teens, then lost interest. Got the bug recently, dusted him off and saw the server has advanced past Kunark, so I was able to get a Sword of Skyfire and Green Jade Broadsword which basically catapulted my effectiveness WAAAAY past the Langseax I was using beforehand.

However, aside from those two things I'm just wearing Bronze armor. What are some good value stat items to aim for whenever I'm passing through EC? I just don't have a ton of money. For example, I scored one of the 4ac/45hp rings for 100p, perfect and in my budget, going straight to the 5/55 was too pricy.

What else should I aim for?

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015
get another ring, then you probably want this stuff: https://wiki.project1999.com/Crustacean_Shell_Armor

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

smiling giraffe posted:

get another ring, then you probably want this stuff: https://wiki.project1999.com/Crustacean_Shell_Armor

If i could actually find someone to make Ogre Rallos Zek cultural armor for my SK, I'd gladly give away my set of crusty armor to anyone who needed it.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
anyone here wanna buy my selo's drums?

FknMeh
Dec 9, 2008

How rainbows are made...

KingFisher posted:

anyone here wanna buy my selo's drums?

Have a Walrus Skin atm, I can keep it warm for you though lol...

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

insider posted:

Is there anything I can quad as a 34 druid and still make at least some plat? I'm tired of leveling on stuff that gives zero money/loot and I'm broke as poo poo after my 34 spells.

This is from a few pages back, but in terms of straight money farming, you can always do Paineel skeleton guards. You'd need to do some faction work in the Warren's to get in, but the guards are relatively easy and drop fine steel.

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

DeathSandwich posted:

This is from a few pages back, but in terms of straight money farming, you can always do Paineel skeleton guards. You'd need to do some faction work in the Warren's to get in, but the guards are relatively easy and drop fine steel.

Take a night off from leveling, bind yourself in OT, and port from the ramp. You will make at least 500p a night.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

If you can manage to secure the ancient croc spawn, that is really great, if not boring, money. If you take a 34 mage there you can really clean up in levels

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Pratan posted:

Take a night off from leveling, bind yourself in OT, and port from the ramp. You will make at least 500p a night.

This is what I did. It made me a ton of plat and let me start twinking a paladin alt.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

insider posted:

This is what I did. It made me a ton of plat and let me start twinking a paladin alt.

The ultimate goal for all druid players: not playing a druid.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.

frest posted:

Can confirm. Maining a Druid forced me to make 7 alts so far.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

frest posted:

I mean this might be true but he chose PALADIN to twink so :gonk:

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

dromal phrenia posted:

I mean this might be true but he chose PALADIN to twink so :gonk:

Hey! Paladins get a bad wrap, but its 100% because I mained a pally back on live and nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

insider posted:

Hey! Paladins get a bad wrap, but its 100% because I mained a pally back on live and nostalgia is a hell of a drug.

In defense of the Paladin - At least it's not a ranger. Stuns work great for snap threat and while they don't bring anything as game changing as Feign Death is to SKs they still are generally fairly useful to have in your pocket. Bonus points if you have both a Paladin and SK where SK can focus on pulling, bring it over to the Pal, FD and then wander off to find something else to pull while the party gets their murder on.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I actually think Paladins and Shadowknights are cool, but they're not good and abandoning druid to play paladin is going from the least desired priest class to the least desired melee.

Druids at least have a lot of utility and are good at certain non-raid roles (farming for example).

but hey, play what you like :)

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Calling a paladin the last desired melee is kind of a stretch. Like I said, it's not a ranger. Maybe least desired tank, though that's situational. You need a Warrior for cutting edge and raid stuff, but for general purpose exping I'd normally take a paladin over a Warrior given equal skill and gear. Ultimately I'd want a SK over either, but that's not always an option.

I always wanted to play a Warrior, but I was always a poor who couldn't afford on-equip haste and Regen let alone all the other gear you need to not have a miserable time (jboots, gate potions, good proc weapons, ect)

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Dick Burglar posted:

What does this mean?

IIRC it's the dragons in western wastes that drop the +6 to all stats neck pieces. Specifically not the first brood ones you need for keys (those are +7 I believe). Their gear isn't as good as first broods, but I think there are some choice pieces that sell really well.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

frest posted:

:thunk:

Druid is an incredibly powerful class if you play it correctly: as a charmer, rather than as a healer.

Stay out of Sebilis, Charasis and Velketor's.

frest
Sep 17, 2004

That feeling when you hit a milestone level for a caster class, memorize your new nuke, nuke six times and sit to med, all while you watch the rogue backstab for more damage with zero concern about threat.

This game :allears:

frest fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Oct 11, 2018

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
lol you play a wizard

frest
Sep 17, 2004

please knock Mom! posted:

lol you play a wizard

please don't kinkshame

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

frest posted:

That feeling when you hit a milestone level for a caster class, memorize your new nuke, nuke six times and sit to med, all while you watch the rogue backstab for more damage with zero concern about threat.

I mean, ports and evacs are kewl. The only evac the rogue has costs about 400plat to recharge for a one shot.

Playing a porting class throws off your world view. Everything is so much closer since you have a built port.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Oct 11, 2018

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe

EVIL Gibson posted:

I mean, ports and evacs are kewl. The only evac the rogue has costs about 400plat to recharge for a one shot.

Playing a porting class throws off your world view. Everything is so much closer since you have a built port.

Ditto with Bard since you run so fast, everything is a port and a run away.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

frest posted:

To be fair, that rogue is probably twinked like crazy

frest
Sep 17, 2004

EVIL Gibson posted:

I did do the Stein of Moggok quest in like, 45 minutes starting from scratch, so there is some bias here.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zaphod42 posted:

To be fair, that rogue is probably twinked like crazy

But on the flip, it's not hard to get the rogue epic which solves the mainhand dmg and haste solution.

The only thing you can improve mainhand dmg is from ToV or .... I think primal??

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

frest posted:

I did do the Stein of Moggok quest in like, 45 minutes starting from scratch, so there is some bias here.

does that include the time to log off your porter, log on your fish-killing alt, kill the fish, and log back on your porter to loot???

frest
Sep 17, 2004

dromal phrenia posted:

does that include the time to log off your porter, log on your fish-killing alt, kill the fish, and log back on your porter to loot???
It does indeed. Although my fish killer died twice until their skills were at level.

Waiting for a boat to get to OOT was probably the bulk of the time spent.

frest fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Oct 11, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

frest posted:

It does indeed. Although my fish killer died twice until their skills were at level.

Waiting for a boat to get to OOT was probably the bulk of the time spent.

How many times do you win(lose) the kfish lottery and get the rodect nife fish manifestation?