Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

lofi posted:

Seconding this, your drawings are tiny. Paper's cheap, don't be afraid to use it!

Inktober #3 - "Roasted"

'Eh'. Not particularly pleased with this, there's all sorts of shenanigans going on with the upper body, but it's done, and it was a bastard of a prompt to think of something for. Brush inking is fun, I need to play with it more.

I like that one. It looks like an illustration in a 19th century book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Inktober 3 - Roasted + Automaton:

content
Feb 13, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

No idea what I'm gonna do for Day 3.

Norm reading cards to Bob Saget.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://twitter.com/SleepySeaLily/status/1047578349588152320?s=19

This one was fun, though I think I need to start looking into proper shading techniques with ink. I don't remember how to do anything anymore

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

I decided I needed my own list of prompts for inktober for some reason that I don't even remember anymore so here's jobtober!

content
Feb 13, 2014

my buddy Superfly posted:

I decided I needed my own list of prompts for inktober for some reason that I don't even remember anymore so here's jobtober!

Awesome! I might use a couple of these to mix it up, if that's cool.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

By all means! I'd love to see more stuff like that!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Daaaamn that's one good-rear end prompt list, if I wasn't already doing the monster one I'd sure love to follow this one. Well, we'll always have other month-long art challenges!

folder
Oct 9, 2016

Sharpest Crayon posted:

Inktober 2 - this time on Official Theme - tranquil.

Love this!

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

Bought a new ThinkPad Yoga recently, and today was the first time I tried to draw on it. The pen feels nicer than the previous one, but the calibration isn't quite there yet, so the cursor was not exactly where I was drawing, which made it real awkward. Hopefully I can find the right settings soon.

Some cool Inktober stuff being posted ITT, makes me want to join in and see what I can come up with.

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry
I'd like to congratulate everyone who got anything out of "roasted" as a prompt. Next time I'm switching over to job or monster prompts instead of stubbornly plowing ahead.

I drew my favourite roasted thing.
(I was real close to going with a "eat the rich" theme)
Also thanks for your kind words, peeps. It warms my anxiety-ridden heart.

CovfefeCatCafe posted:

I'm going to try to join in on Inktober with my amateur hour skills. My first two entries for the month so far:

Never be ashamed of your skill level! I always love looking at something that's made by someone who likes doing what they do. I think enthusiasm and love shows through.
I like how you've got several different kinds of linework in the frog - the petted shadelines for form and gloss, the solids for the patterns and outlines, and obvs the shading. Added variety is always great.

cool dance moves posted:

One thing that's been frustrating me is trying to convey texture on something that's white--so like, white feathers on a bird. I've been trying to use very light grey softened with a white color pencil to try to convey that sense of depth while still not intruding on the color of the material, but I still feel like I'm not doing it right. Thoughts/advice?

You could also try toned paper - something in a shade of grey so that you can add the white in. Lifehack: get grey paper with a nice texture, only use black and white colour pencils, MAYBE one tone of grey, get hella good artz. I mention this because for instance, it would've been a lot easier to colour the water splashes in with white and black if you already had a background colour on the paper.
Also LOL wtf is even that illuminati borb, that's incredible.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Thanks for the kind words, Sharpest Crayons. Anyways, my entry into the third day actually ended up giving ideas for a friend who is also doing Inktober, so she did something similar. I can actually say my art has inspired someone.

Anyways, Roasted

content
Feb 13, 2014

All right, day three (roasted). Gettin’ a little better with these markers.

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
Inktober 3

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Inktober prompt turned into impromptu life drawing but all in ink. Each was about 10 min each in copic and sharpie.

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Belated day 2.

https://twitter.com/thayelf/status/1047312124593111041

I didn't finish Day 3 but I am gonna sit my rear end down and roll it into Day 4.

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Today's job: astrologian

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Roasted Demon

Best I could come up with for that prompt while sticking with my theme.

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Inktober #4 - "Spell"

I'm loving how busy the thread is at the moment, it's so cool to see everyone's take on the prompts!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://twitter.com/SleepySeaLily/status/1047971644508200965?s=19

I had to relearn how to draw hands today, but it turned out alright in the end

Not happy with her face or just the overall head but there's a lot more of those to draw later on so I'll figure those out again soon

Sharpest Crayon
Jul 16, 2009

Always Wag. Always Friend. Very Safety.
Clapping Larry

I love how you made the flames, very successful curves.

I'm the lil' orcdong :haw:

lofi posted:

I'm loving how busy the thread is at the moment, it's so cool to see everyone's take on the prompts!

I also love it and I love the sheer drama in this pic.

Here's my inktober day 4 - spell

Sotsa
Jul 21, 2008

Furious birdnipples.
I've been feeling like poo poo for a few days, so trying to catch up on inktober stuff.
Poisonous:

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
Inktober 04: Spell

I cheated and used digital drawing because I forgot all of my trad media stuff at home today. Set a rule where I could only use one brush, no transparency flow control and no erasing so it's kinda the same.... right?

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Daaaamn, that is proper good. Looks like a lino cut OF DOOOOOM.

I love how angry the little demonthing is! I assume catwitch is demanding food?

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

This is mega mega cool and I might steal this so I can work on costume designs more.

I have however already missed a few days of inktober because my job doesn't really give you time to sleep, nevermind be productive! Day off on Saturday so gonna catch up and do some of these too, thank you!

Sotsa posted:

I've been feeling like poo poo for a few days, so trying to catch up on inktober stuff.
Poisonous:

This is absolutely stunning, I love it so much!

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Who need inktober when everyday is inktober? First pull on new print

Need to add more detail, patch some knicks and miscuts, and maybe add some ~*>sparkle<*~?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
It’s only October 4th and I’m already having problems getting drawings done. I think I’ll just keep it simple and draw sexy skeletons all month.

Sotsa
Jul 21, 2008

Furious birdnipples.

Solefald posted:

This is absolutely stunning, I love it so much!
Thanks!

dupersaurus posted:

cool prints

Is that linocut?

Tranquil:

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Sotsa posted:

Is that linocut?

Woodcut

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
Dance the night away!

I also drew a sleepy smoosh-face.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Demonic Spells

Probably my favorite pic so far.

sigma 6
Nov 27, 2004

the mirror would do well to reflect further

Inktober #2 Tranquility

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Oh snap, I forgot to post yesterday's drawing here! :doh: Anyways:

Four - Plant-based spell

Five - Sea creature chicken (???)

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Day 4: Blue Mage

lofi
Apr 2, 2018

Day 5 - "Chicken"

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I have a couple of Inktober days to catch up on then I'll post the first page of those; in the meantime, I went to a museum that also had some reptiles because why not, including a frog that looked like it was just totally done with the world's bullshit for one day.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://twitter.com/SleepySeaLily/status/1048293232730394624?s=19

this one was fun, as long as I don't look at it. I'm happy with it if I don't see it

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010
Inktober 05: "chicken"

lofi posted:

Daaaamn, that is proper good. Looks like a lino cut OF DOOOOOM.

Thanks! I dig your "spell" drawing. Has a nice balance of negative space.

KittenofDoom posted:

Dance the night away!

I also drew a sleepy smoosh-face.

Also liking the color choice reflecting the mood in these.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Propitious Jerk posted:

Inktober 05: "chicken"

Do you just seep all the excess talent from your pores or something, I mean god drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propitious Jerk
Sep 13, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Do you just seep all the excess talent from your pores or something, I mean god drat.

Thanks! I've had years of practice and classes in drawing. So I mostly just ooze student debt.