Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Shovel Knight is as close to a perfect game as you're gonna get, hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't know what legend of legaia is. But I am going to say it will be released in 4 months time

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

By the way, the funnest way to play Mario Kart is for everyone to hold the joycon out straight in front of you, turn on auto accelerate, and tilt steering. Have your index and pink fingers on the sl and sr drift and weapon buttons, pretend you are using telekinesis on your car

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Inzombiac posted:

LEGEND OF LEGAIA HD REMAKE WHEN

Legaia 1 was made and published under Sony control so uhhh you gotta ask them for that.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

After looking at the Wii that fits in an Altoids tin, I fell down a hole looking at the hand-made portable GameCubes and Wiis. Good times.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Well don’t hold out on us, post some

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The early Mega Man games are mostly fun but also have gaping design holes here and there with poo poo like mandatory weapon/item usage with finite available weapon energy.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Macaluso posted:

Shovel Knight is as close to a perfect game as you're gonna get, hth

Shovel Knight is what would happen if a genius team took your brain's rose colored glasses ideal of NES games and crystallized it into a game you can actually play.

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

Al Borland Corpse posted:

How are you using flashman on him if you wasted it on the lasers

Grinding weapon energy capsules off the Sniper Joe walkers in the last corridor and/or just eating every E-Tank I've collected up until that point. It only does 1/2 his life at full charge anyway.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

PiiWii Pocket
Wii inside a Wii U gamepad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp6-alEwGbM

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Omfg what a poorly explained puzzle.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 5, 2018

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I played me some Arena of Valor and I can confirm that it's not-LoL.

I started as not-Katarina and stomped pubs who may've been robots. Then I tried to jungle not-Xin but ended up going 1v2 bot instead. We were down most of the match then maybe gonna win but creeps got our nexus; I need to figure out how to decouple the camera from my character.

It seems like it might be an okay game. The shorter matches are a huge plus and it being nigh-impossible to type is probably a good thing in a MOBA. I'm at least interested in reading more about it and playing it again.

SeANMcBAY posted:

2 does have some of the most bullshit. I still love it but I’m surprised it’s the most fondly looked on of the series.

It was my first Mega Man so I might be biased about gameplay goodness but I still maintain it has the best of soundtracks.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Is there a countdown or any thing for Mereyo Pordey? Wanna play it tonight but idk how switch releases work

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/634794604022353920

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I’m the smug Koopette/Peacha Troopa.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

There's already a Booette.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Her name is Princess King Boo :mad:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I've never expected Nintendo to release a dedicated Waluigi game, but here I am stomping over the rest of the Mushroom Kingdom in SMP.

The battery is easily enough for one 10-turn game and one Raft Survival run.

The classic MP BS is all there: Mario stole one my stars near the end, then on that very turn ended up on an Extra bad luck space and had give the star to Peach. In the end Wario won, because he was lucky to get the right ally, and moved less than everyone else.:argh:

night slime
May 14, 2014

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I'm a few hours into Breath of the Wild Just left Kakoriko Village and so far I find the game...bad?

Link is crazy underpowered so far and his stamina is so low that he just gets tired all the time. I also hate that dungeons are now bitesized small areas instead of the scaling mammoths the franchise was known for. Also, all weapons being made of cardboard is really dumb. Also the game switching from no voice acting to voice acting is jarring.

Hahaha

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Waluigi has boob jiggle.

Yes Mario, using a custom die to trigger the explosion of King Bob-omb was a great idea.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Oct 5, 2018

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

voltcatfish posted:

And she's perfect.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I just beat Celeste. That was a good game. Onto super mario 3 and mega man 4.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

SelenicMartian posted:

I've never expected Nintendo to release a dedicated Waluigi game, but here I am stomping over the rest of the Mushroom Kingdom in SMP.

The battery is easily enough for one 10-turn game and one Raft Survival run.

The classic MP BS is all there: Mario stole one my stars near the end, then on that very turn ended up on an Extra bad luck space and had give the star to Peach. In the end Wario won, because he was lucky to get the right ally, and moved less than everyone else.:argh:

Easily one of the best endorsements for Mario party.

Can't wait to play it tonight with the s/o.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

What do you mean by "the first boss you are supposed to fight"? It's a mega Man game, you can pick whatever boss you want first. I started with Tundra Man, died in the level, then went to Bounce man, who I beat, then to Voltage/Shock/Jolt man whatever the gently caress his name is.

Every game has a “rock, paper, scissors” style order and the generally agreed upon consensus for this game is that block man is the first to fight in that order.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I bought Zelda on release but never beat it, only doing three of the dungeons and v little of the dlc. I started a new file last week and gosh darn is it still an extremely good game. I’m gonna save the gerudo divine beast as late as possible this time though. Not just because of the spawning yuga guys, the thunder helm and Urbosa’s power thing both made a lot of stuff trivial.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The Universe making GBS threads on Peach:
She ends a game with no stars and no buddies.
Everyone else has one ally.
Toad announces "Most allies" bonus, giving an extra star to everyone but Peach.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

voltcatfish posted:

This seems to actually be one of the bigger controversies in the aftermath of Bowsette. Many people claim that Boosette is just a random female Boo that's been turned into a princess so it's not gay to have a wank at her, but anyone who's been following the scene knows she originally was King Boo. Those goobers are totally in denial about cranking it to a trans-female.

But anyway, I was pretty tempted to buy Mega Man 11, but came to the conclusion that it would just end up pissing me off even on the easiest difficulty since I'm to old for that poo poo. Ended up buying CrossCode instead and the only major negative is that it's only out on PC. I surely hope they make enough money on sales so they can manage to port it to God's chosen platform.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuN-5yxwogU

Lodin fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Oct 5, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Fremry posted:

Every game has a “rock, paper, scissors” style order and the generally agreed upon consensus for this game is that block man is the first to fight in that order.

What consensus though? There games been out less than a week. There's not even guides up.

I'd say start with bounce man, he's pretty easy. And it's pretty easy to guess who his weapon works on

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

I just turned my Switch on for the first time since July or something so I can update it and after it downloaded an update it froze on the home screen for a minute, then the screen went grey and the only response it would give is the sleep and turn off menus, so I tried to reset it and it just completely won't turn on now. Am I hosed?

Akett fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 5, 2018

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Try holding the power button down for a lot longer than you conceivably would think you need to, like three minutes

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

What consensus though? There games been out less than a week. There's not even guides up.

I'd say start with bounce man, he's pretty easy. And it's pretty easy to guess who his weapon works on

I’ve seen like 6 boss order guides and they all say to start with Block man.

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Try holding the power button down for a lot longer than you conceivably would think you need to, like three minutes

This worked, thanks!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

It say do bounce, then elec, then tundra, to start

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Akett posted:

This worked, thanks!

Yay! I helped!

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Wanna smash

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
MegaMan 3 is still far and away the best MegaMans imo

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Homestar Runner posted:

MegaMan 3 is still far and away the best MegaMans imo

Look at this guy with his correct opinions.

unless we are counting x series

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAtoP-Cm570

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Lodin posted:

This seems to actually be one of the bigger controversies in the aftermath of Bowsette. Many people claim that Boosette is just a random female Boo that's been turned into a princess so it's not gay to have a wank at her, but anyone who's been following the scene knows she originally was King Boo. Those goobers are totally in denial about cranking it to a trans-female.

Japan calls her キングテレサ姫 (Princess King Boo), so that's a Western fandom issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My favorite thing about 3 is there is a glitch where you can get rush jet early by just selecting its invisible entry in your pause menu. And rush jet is OP as gently caress

Rush jet is weak in 11 and uses so much energy, it's uses are extremely situational.

I love the young Wily/Light backstory. Wily wanted robots to be powerful but subservient, his ideas were regarded as dangerous. Light wanted robots to have free will.

We all know which one actually destroyed the world.