Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toadee
Aug 16, 2003

North American Turtle Boy Love Association

The chat bans Ive seen have been people being wannabe Flamu's constantly berating people for how they play the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
The one chat ban I received was an automatic ban after a match where I said "gently caress that" when someone ordered me to cap in a Kiev in tier 10.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
i've been trying a new thing recently where i try to give constructive feedback (keeping in mind I'm far from an expert) and I feel like I get more reports :sigh:

That said I invite a Kiev to stick with my Lightning in a T10 match and we were suitably aggressive an actually got a couple of compliments so...

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

toadee posted:

Well that's entirely atypical if true, but regardless, also don't feed the trolls.

It is absolutely not atypical. Really it just takes a not totally unaware division or clan. Piss off a three person division, if they know how the game mechanics work, they can troll you by chat banning you with 2 ‘misbehave in chat’ reports a piece.

Fake edit:

White knighting? I guess you can call me calling out racism and literal nazis as white knighting not racists or nazis.

Closest thing to actual white knighting in that list was coming to the defense of some dude who was being called a human being by saying, “hey, you know what guys, thats not really a slur because I too would be gay if the pay was high enough.”

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

i've been trying a new thing recently where i try to give constructive feedback (keeping in mind I'm far from an expert) and I feel like I get more reports :sigh:

I tried this some months ago for a bit and lost a bunch of points. Best thing to do is to just ignore the chat and play the game.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I have never been punished when I say things like "good loss guys, well done" after my team dies all around me three minutes in to a match.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

ZombieLenin posted:

Fake edit:

words

it was a joke.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Loky11 posted:

it was a joke.

I am bad at those, particularly when someone implies I am an rear end in a top hat like 3 posts up for being chat banned in a wargaming game. :stonkhat:

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

I'm a terrible jerk in chat on a fairly constant basis and I've never gotten a chat ban. Maybe it's just a randomizer program that throws out the chat bans completely at random, except you guys that get banned a lot got a bad seed. :v:

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

I'm 95% sure the only thing you have to do to get chat banned in WoWs is to have used chat and gotten a report in the same battle. What you actually said in chat means almost nothing.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
That would make sense, because Wargaming.

I've said 'gently caress' a lot in All chat and definitely been at bit salty on occasion when I look at the minimap positioning of my team, but I've never had a chat ban.

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Astroniomix posted:

I'm 95% sure the only thing you have to do to get chat banned in WoWs is to have used chat and gotten a report in the same battle. What you actually said in chat means almost nothing.

This is 100% how it works. And you need 6 total “reports” within a specific time period.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
The siren song of Krupp Steel.. it calls me back...

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

So I finally got one of the quest things to drop, so I now have an Acasta. Yay I guess?

Is it a permanent ship, or do I have to play it now during the event?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

The Locator posted:

So I finally got one of the quest things to drop, so I now have an Acasta. Yay I guess?

Is it a permanent ship, or do I have to play it now during the event?

Permanent, when the event ends it becomes a tech tree ship.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

wdarkk posted:

Permanent, when the event ends it becomes a tech tree ship.

Cool. Thanks.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Note that while it comes with all modules researched, you need to fit them manually.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Without fail. Kit my Texas out for AA and not a bit of sky cancer to murder.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Gearhead posted:

Without fail. Kit my Texas out for AA and not a bit of sky cancer to murder.

Don’t worry. Even then they can still overwhelm and sink you.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

i know battleship AP on dd's is stupid but with the legendary mod on Yamato I was deleting dd's last night.

Sucks as a dd player but goddamn it's satisfying since i was eating torp soup all night because cruisers refused to kill dd's.

Catpants McStabby
Jul 10, 2001

seriously, :wtc:
AREUKITTENMEFURIEND code for the first of the new cat missions

BECAUSE

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

James Garfield posted:

The one chat ban I received was an automatic ban after a match where I said "gently caress that" when someone ordered me to cap in a Kiev in tier 10.

Weird, I've never been chat banned yet and I call people cunts all the time. 100% accurately mind you so maybe that's the difference. You lose all your karma though then folk report you.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Catpants McStabby posted:

BECAUSE

ok the reward is a kitty cat flag i'm all over this :xd:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

ok the reward is a kitty cat flag i'm all over this :xd:

Looks like there'll be 3 more codes from 3 more youtubes, that add the last 3 stages of the mission

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

this weekend I'm gettin' the kitty flag my dudes

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Loky11 posted:

this weekend I'm gettin' the kitty flag my dudes

:same:

Also I really wish I had recorded this battle, everything came together perfectly.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Catpants McStabby posted:

BECAUSE

Activated this code that I have no idea what is for. Thanks.

E: then read that it's for cat stuff. I'm deathly allergic to cats. What have I done?!

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

[/quote]

Aramoro posted:

Weird, I've never been chat banned yet and I call people cunts all the time. 100% accurately mind you so maybe that's the difference. You lose all your karma though then folk report you.

Again, this is most likely to happen if you call someone in a particular clan or a 3 person division a ‘oval office.’ So you might have just been lucky.

Also previous reports wear off over time, so if it is a few days between incidents you are less likely to get chat banned.

As far as Karma goes... this is relatively meaningless, so I wouldn’t stress Karma loss.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Aramoro posted:

I've called people plenty of names and never got a report.

However if I am nice and explain to some BBaby why he is useless sitting at Max range and whiffing I get reported every time.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Finally ranked out after 265 games. Chrrist

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!
My best tier 9 game ever, and the worst tier 9 team I've ever had:

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Isn't that always how it works?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

I just had two completely terrible games in the New York, and somehow was still top XP on my team. With 29k damage and 23k damage. So sad.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Which is a better load out for Texas, sky cancer removal or slapping things with long range target plotting? My heart wants to be the thing CVs want nothing to do with, but my head tells me being able to shoot half the map is universally useful...

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Gearhead posted:

Which is a better load out for Texas, sky cancer removal or slapping things with long range target plotting? My heart wants to be the thing CVs want nothing to do with, but my head tells me being able to shoot half the map is universally useful...
Sky cancer removal. You can get rid of spotter planes messing with you near islands as well as make CVs go away. Long range targeting is only useful if your dispersion backs it up, and Texas doesn't have that. Its default range is longer than New York's, and that's already plenty to work with for T5.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
For once my heart IS in the right place!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Is there any US battleship past the NY where you'd actually use the extra range? Maybe if the Colorado still had a 2.0 sigma.

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

So I got the Jervis. As for a short trip report.

1: This ship is remarkably comfortable to play. Torps are alright, guns are fast firing and hit pretty hard for a DD. Also the X turret has 360 degree rotation, so it feels kind of like a grown up Vampire, and I loving love the Vampire.

2: Holy poo poo those shell arcs. At 10+km I'm not firing guns, I'm firing loving mortars. American shells don't arc like this.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

so i always wondered where the lovely mil-rp players were in this game and it turns out they're playing co-op at 11am on a friday :catstare:

e: also RN dds confirmed for 0.7.10

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Co-op has a very special following. I played a bit as the legendary mission victories can be completed in there and they take 5 minutes, and there were players in clan divisions with thousands of co-op games in tier 10s. Considering you get about a fifth of the XP for a win that's some dedication.