Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

The_White_Crane posted:

Take the Bow and Spear, (so if we have "lose one weapon of your choice" again we can pick "not bow" as well as Six Arrows
Also take the Crystal Prism, Bottle of Rice Wine, Fish Hooks and Lantern dropping three of our meals in order to make room.

Search for Radyard at Ljama's Emporium because that sounds like a cool place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Bow, arrows, spear, rope, lantern, and prism. Discard meals as needed to make room.

Search the Emporium.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

Tiggum posted:

We can't actually carry any more arrows, our quiver is full.

Huh, I thought it could hold 12. Did that used to be the case, or am I imagining it?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The_White_Crane posted:

Huh, I thought it could hold 12. Did that used to be the case, or am I imagining it?

Always been six. We were carrying two quivers for a while as Lone Wolf though (because one of the books specifically says you're allowed to do that).

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009

The_White_Crane posted:

Take the Bow and Spear, (so if we have "lose one weapon of your choice" again we can pick "not bow" as well as Six Arrows
Also take the Crystal Prism, Bottle of Rice Wine, Fish Hooks and Lantern dropping three of our meals in order to make room.

Can't argue with this. Looks like we need to try to find some laumspur too and the emporium seems like a good spot for it.

Have we ever recovered endurance at a tavern? Seems like it's almost always an endurance sink.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

The_White_Crane posted:

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense

The_White_Crane posted:

This.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

Guy Fawkes posted:

Weapons:
  1. Bow
  2. Spear
    Backpack:
  1. 3 Fish Hooks
  2. Bottle of Rice Wine
  3. Potion of Alether (+2 CS)
  4. Flute
  5. Lantern
  6. Rope
  7. Meal
  8. Meal
  9. Nhang Doll
  10. Bottle of Scava
    Special Items:
  1. Moonstone
  2. Quiver (six arrows)
  3. Alema (axe; +5 CS or +7 CS vs. undead)
  4. Temujun’s Ring
  5. Crystal Prism

The Buccaneers of Shadaki posted:

You enter the crowded emporium and marvel at the sheer variety of goods that are for sale—Lencian silverware, spices from Mhytan, animal hides from southern Karnali, to name but a few. There is even pottery and ironware from your homeland, all stacked side by side upon the shelves and counters that fill this busy store.

You make your way to a counter and ask a moon-faced youth in a leather apron if he knows the whereabouts of Radyard, the master of the Seasprite. He has never heard of the captain, but he is eager to help and he does not want to lose your custom. He invites you to look around the emporium while he goes and asks his employer.

You browse along the shelves and, although you find many of the items fascinating, there are only six that you would consider purchasing: a hammer, a coil of rope, a silver-backed mirror, a blanket, a steel flask, and a pewter goblet.

The youth returns shortly and you see him shaking his head. He is unable to help you find Radyard and his crew.
Shall we ask the prices of those items or leave without buying anything?

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Ask prices. Why not?

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
The rope is probably the only useful thing and we could have gotten one for free earlier. Just leave.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Ask prices and buy the silver mirror, pewter goblet, and rope.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ask prices and buy the silver mirror, steel flask, and rope.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
We already have a rope, doofuses.

quote:

Backpack:
3 Fish Hooks
Bottle of Rice Wine
Potion of Alether (+2 CS)
Flute
Lantern
Rope
Meal
Meal
Nhang Doll
Bottle of Scava

Ask prices and buy the silver mirror.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Look braveheart is an upper class prick. She needs a fancy goblet.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

nelson posted:

The rope is probably the only useful thing and we could have gotten one for free earlier. Just leave.

‘Ma'am, before you go, maybe you have something you’d like to sell?’ pipes the youth. ‘We’re always interested in exotic items of special value.’

The young trader will pay the prices that are indicated for the following items:

Nhang Doll     12 Nobles
Crystal Prism  8 Nobles
Scava Liqueur  4 Nobles
Will we sell anything?

We have all three items. A Noble is worth the same as a Gold Crown. We currently have 27 Gold Crowns and can carry a maximum of 50 Crowns/Nobles.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Sell the Doll and Liquor. I have the feeling the Prism might be useful later.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008

achtungnight posted:

This, I think. Though we paid 10 crowns for the doll; a profit of 2 crowns seems awfully low...

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Just sell the liqueur.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

achtungnight posted:

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Maugrim posted:

Just sell the liqueur.

Yeah, the doll and the prism both smell like plot items.

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
The prism maybe, but I feel like we've had the doll for so long now that if it was going to be plotty it would have already happened.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
We got the doll for 7 IIRC, by haggling. Sell the doll and liqueur.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Sell nothing, drag them back to the Kai Monastery as Lone Wolf would want.

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

achtungnight posted:

A limited profit is always a profit.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Guy Fawkes posted:

Sell the Doll and Liquor. A limited profit is always a profit.
OK, we now have 16 Nobles in addition to our 27 Gold Crowns.

You place the Nobles into your Belt Pouch and the youth thanks you for your custom. As you turn to leave, he suggests that you ask after Captain Radyard at the tavern. You bid him goodbye and you heed his advice. As soon as you leave the emporium you make your way directly to the Freetrader’s Tavern.

You push open the swing doors and enter a crowded taproom. Never have you seen so many different types of people and faces together in one place before, and it takes you a few moments to get over your initial surprise. Nobody pays you a second glance as you push your way through this exotic crowd of traders and travellers and make your way to the counter.

When you find the landlord you ask if he knows or has heard of Captain Radyard. The man laughs like a drain and nods his head enthusiastically.

‘Yes, yes, oh yes … Radyard. Him and his men stay here two nights ago. Fine men … good drinkers … fine fellows. They come here always when in Masama.’

The landlord goes on to say that he has not seen them since. He suggests that you ask at the Masama Warehouse. It is the place where they usually sell their cargo. You thank the landlord and turn to leave. As you reach the exit, you are tapped on the shoulder by a weasel-faced man who begs for a moment of your time.

‘Excuse me, ma'am,’ he says, ‘but I overheard you asking for Captain Radyard. I know the captain and I can take you to him. Only … well, I’ve a great thirst and I’m in sore need of some ale. Perhaps you would buy me an ale? Then I’d gladly take you to the captain.’
Shall we buy the man a drink or just leave?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Hes obviously not a scammer. Buy this very helpful man an ale.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014

Hes obviously not a scammer. Buy this very helpful man an ale.

Agreed.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Sounds legit.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Oh come on he's weasel-faced! That's almost as bad as swarthy. Ignore him and get gone.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

achtungnight posted:

Buy this very helpful man an ale.

You return to the counter and order the man an ale (erase either 1 Gold Crown or 1 Noble). He downs the frothing beer in one go and then wipes his mouth with a grubby handkerchief.

‘Ah, that’s done the job,’ he says. ‘Right, sir. Just you follow me. We’ll go see the captain now.’

Outside the tavern, the man turns to the right and then stops to look along the line of ships that are moored at the quayside. After a few moments he scratches his head and begins to look perplexed.

‘That’s odd. She must o’ moved. Never you mind; she’s sure to be anchored upstream.’

Slowly he spins on his heel and he beckons you to follow him as he walks off in the opposite direction, away from the quay.
  1. Do we pay a Noble or Crown
  2. Shall we use Kai-alchemy or just follow this man?

¹ Just in case a specific currency is called for in the future, even though we've probably got enough of both that it won't matter even if it does happen.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Noble. And I'm not sure what Kai-Alchemy will do in this situation, but I want to find out.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

Mikl posted:

Noble. And I'm not sure what Kai-Alchemy will do in this situation, but I want to find out.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

Mikl posted:

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice
Noble. And follow this guy.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Noble and lightning hand this unsuspecting fool!

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Mikl posted:

We brew some Kai-rin beer.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Noble, and we're a loving wizard

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
Noble, and Alchemize this obvious trap.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

nelson posted:

Noble. And follow this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Mikl posted:

I agree.