Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

akadajet posted:

the browns though... not so good.

*looks at the 1 in the W column* SUPERBOWL BAAYYYBEEEE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cleveland keyboard lol

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Skim Milk posted:

*looks at the 1 in the W column* SUPERBOWL BAAYYYBEEEE

it's "super bowl, super browns"

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

echinopsis posted:

my son plays typing club its better

let me tell you about a lil game called the Typing of the Dead

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.

Silver Alicorn posted:

let me tell you about a lil game called the Typing of the Dead

i have those keyboards for the dreamcast and wow i loved that game. can you play it on a Regular Computer?

also today i found out that someone has made a wireless ergodox clone that is fuckign 350 dollars with no option to plugin or charge while in use.

who the gently caress makes these things

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Jowj posted:

i have those keyboards for the dreamcast and wow i loved that game. can you play it on a Regular Computer?

also today i found out that someone has made a wireless ergodox clone that is fuckign 350 dollars with no option to plugin or charge while in use.

who the gently caress makes these things

the same people that think topres are good.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Jowj posted:

there was a port with netplay, there’s also a sequel on steam

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.

Silver Alicorn posted:

there was a port with netplay, there’s also a sequel on steam

thank you i have found the webpage and i'm texting all my friends

LochNessMonster posted:

the same people that think topres are good.

lmao

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

cherry mx reds 🍒

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
linear is gross

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

shavgar!! :razz:

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
Any good wireless mechanical keyboards?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Olivil posted:

Any good wireless mechanical keyboards?

why would you voluntarily entrust your keystrokes to the uncaring ether and some $3 broken rear end bluetooth module when there is a simple and incredibly reliable solution in the form of ten cents worth of copper wire? everything wireless is broken as poo poo, gently caress

also everything with cherry mx switches in it is garbage. mechanical switches were good in the 80's and early 90's, back when there was actually a mass market for expensive computer peripherals. the apple extended keyboard cost north of $300 in today's dollars. you cannot buy that kind of quality today - there is no market for a keyboard that is just a regular keyboard at that price point today. a few eccentric weirdos who spend hundreds of dollars of reproductions of keycaps from the 1970's that went out of style because they were unergonomic don't count.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Oct 5, 2018

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
You're wrong, Cherry MX switches are great. They went out of style because they're more expensive to manufacture.

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
My logitech g305 mouse is amazing and wireless is good

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

TheFluff posted:

why would you voluntarily entrust your keystrokes to the uncaring ether and some $3 broken rear end bluetooth module when there is a simple and incredibly reliable solution in the form of ten cents worth of copper wire? everything wireless is broken as poo poo, gently caress

also everything with cherry mx switches in it is garbage. mechanical switches were good in the 80's and early 90's, back when there was actually a mass market for expensive computer peripherals. the apple extended keyboard cost north of $300 in today's dollars. you cannot buy that kind of quality today - there is no market for a keyboard that is just a regular keyboard at that price point today. a few eccentric weirdos who spend hundreds of dollars of reproductions of keycaps from the 1970's that went out of style because they were unergonomic don't count.

sure you can, Matias makes them and they’re good

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

i am personally offended by this thread name change

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
:spooky:

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

cleveladn sucks bitch

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

eschaton posted:

got a old board with alps switches that are nice and crunchy and fortunately/unfortunately loud as gently caress, but i got a keypad with low profile kailh choc switches and those feel real good and I wanna try an ortho board with those sometime

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

duckfarts posted:

got a old board with alps switches

this is correct.

what did you get?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Shaggar posted:

linear is gross

Shaggar was. . . right?!

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

eschaton posted:

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Raluek posted:

this is correct.

what did you get?

by "got an old board", i mean "i picked it up from the pile of junk and old samples the company was going to throw out" yay many years back

apparently the keyboard was made by CAF COMPUTER CORPORATION, which is some taiwanese company that made computers back in the early 90s it seems. needed an AT to PS2 adapter, and later on i replaced most of the keys with some cheap massdrop keycap set so it looks less old now, works dandy

key feel is pretty good, would be interested to see how the quiet version of the matias switches is. mx browns just feel like an ok membrane keyboard at best and don't have that snap

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
I just got a Sun Type 4 Keyboard that looks and feels new, in its original box, which is in decent shape despite having been used to ship the keyboard

going to use it on a SPARCstation 1 or 2

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

ya’ll

https://twitter.com/goopypanther/status/1048724967376838656?s=21

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol that is not what I would have expected was inside of those

pram
Jun 10, 2001
seems excessive

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

ridged for her pleasure

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

duckfarts posted:

by "got an old board", i mean "i picked it up from the pile of junk and old samples the company was going to throw out" yay many years back

apparently the keyboard was made by CAF COMPUTER CORPORATION, which is some taiwanese company that made computers back in the early 90s it seems. needed an AT to PS2 adapter, and later on i replaced most of the keys with some cheap massdrop keycap set so it looks less old now, works dandy

key feel is pretty good, would be interested to see how the quiet version of the matias switches is. mx browns just feel like an ok membrane keyboard at best and don't have that snap

sweet. thats the best way to get things. i got my northgate when i was working at a surplus electronics store and a box of some guy's stuff came through. not quite free, but almost

Blotto Skorzany
Nov 7, 2008

He's a PSoC, loose and runnin'
came the whisper from each lip
And he's here to do some business with
the bad ADC on his chip
bad ADC on his chiiiiip
is the kinesis advantage my only legit option for an ergo keyboard w/ mechanical switches?

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Blotto Skorzany posted:

is the kinesis advantage my only legit option for an ergo keyboard w/ mechanical switches?

Yeah, but it rules and has superior PCB feel.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

Blotto Skorzany posted:

kinesis freestyle edge/pro

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Blotto Skorzany posted:

ergodox or dactyl

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
If you buy a keyboard without bowls you're a huge idiot.

dactyl checks out

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I also like the Keyboardio model 01

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

why wood anyone wnat this?

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Skim Milk posted:

why wood anyone wnat this?

they're an aspiring network technician and picked up the wrong book on routing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Hed posted:

I also like the Keyboardio model 01

erm