Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

numberoneposter posted:

whole lotta red

any good deals?

You must be red/green colorblind if you're holding ARYC !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

numberoneposter posted:

whole lotta red

any good deals?

China

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
I had to put some money into an index fund this morning; as is usually the case the market tanks right after.

My bad...

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Not even gonna look today.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I’m down 10% since my high in early/mid Sep.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

AMRN is up 10.65% to 20.14 today. It was $3 on Friday the 21st, and I can't even mention this to my stepdad or I'm gonna eat another inbox full of "do you think I'm an idiot" and "don't roll your eyes at me young man" etc. etc.

I assume he's still angling for that $50 price target and has not sold any. Also his position is larger than I suspected. I think he's made like $100k+ in two weeks.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Not even gonna look today.

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1047943670350020608

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

paternity suitor posted:

Took advantage of today to dump $35k in some boring ETFs :shrug:

If I only waited like four days

paternity suitor fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Oct 10, 2018

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

My man!

Didn't I just read that Tesla would have someone who vets Elon's Tweets after he paid them a fine? I am sure I read that on WSJ.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You must be red/green colorblind if you're holding ARYC !

We're doing it buddy! We're doing it!!!

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
i just had a HVC call me using our new platform telling me the hot key function sucks. 'I'VE GOT EVERYTHING SET UP EXCEPT WHEN I PLACE A BUY ORDER I NEED TO MAKE SURE I GET THE ASK.' buddy I've got great news for you

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Apparently the tweet thing doesn’t kick in for a month or something like that

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

A MIRACLE posted:

Apparently the tweet thing doesn’t kick in for a month or something like that

Yeah. But the SEC has to make a case to a judge justifying the settlement.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Leperflesh posted:

AMRN is up 10.65% to 20.14 today. It was $3 on Friday the 21st, and I can't even mention this to my stepdad or I'm gonna eat another inbox full of "do you think I'm an idiot" and "don't roll your eyes at me young man" etc. etc.

I assume he's still angling for that $50 price target and has not sold any. Also his position is larger than I suspected. I think he's made like $100k+ in two weeks.

My boss was telling anyone who would listen for months that AMRN was either going to be $15 or 1.5 by the end of September depending on how the results went. He loaded up on it and has made a killing and would have made more if they had closed at $3 the previous Friday due to his options expiring out of the money. His brother in law had 70k shares.

I thought about throwing a couple hundred at it as a complete gamble but never ended up pulling the trigger. I did buy some ITM calls after it was around $14 that expire after the AHA conference in November. I might sell some of them sooner than later to cover my position and just treat the rest as a complete gamble.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
RIP IGC bagholders.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
Gruesome.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
This is the pullback we've been waiting for. It's a fire....sale!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Buy all the things

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel
This poo poo always happens. Immediately after I put money into an index fund, the entire market starts to tank!

That being said, I don't know where people are parking there money. Bonds and stocks are selling off while inflation picks up. Not a good time to be in cash.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
My gains from the last 4-5 months have basically been wiped, but that's just how the cookie crumbles

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Adding some JD and BIDU, and a few more VIPS $10 jan2020 leaps

Dr. Eldarion
Mar 21, 2001

Deal Dispatcher

Cheesemaster200 posted:

That being said, I don't know where people are parking there money.
High-yield savings account? VMMXX? lol gold?

fougera
Apr 5, 2009
The President of Interpol went missing while traveling in China.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Cheesemaster200 posted:

I don't know where people are parking there money.
:bitcoin:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Good news for ACB bagholders.

https://www.newcannabisventures.com/aurora-cannabis-appears-headed-to-the-new-york-stock-exchange/

This along with the legalization should give it some good headwind. The CBD deal with Coca Cola would be too good to be true but definitely possibly as Coca Cola have been spending a lot of money with acquisitions, partnering in new markets.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Ulio posted:

Good news for ACB bagholders.

https://www.newcannabisventures.com/aurora-cannabis-appears-headed-to-the-new-york-stock-exchange/

This along with the legalization should give it some good headwind. The CBD deal with Coca Cola would be too good to be true but definitely possibly as Coca Cola have been spending a lot of money with acquisitions, partnering in new markets.
I reckon ACB hits $26+ CDN real quick. :clint:

fougera
Apr 5, 2009
Cannabis is bitcoin with a future. Still in the mania phase though.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!
What's the exchange rate between bacon and canadian bacon?

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
covered some of my losses with SPX puts, but got no clue what's gonna happen next week...

Stoned Sheep
Jun 21, 2010
So if we open on Monday and the Nasdaq can't hold a bid will the bears climax causing an August 2015 redux?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
A finance reporter broke a story of Tesla looking at Debtor in Possession financing. The reddit boards have completely scrubbed any mention of this story and deleted the Weekly Investing thread. :lol:

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

Lote posted:

A finance reporter broke a story of Tesla looking at Debtor in Possession financing. The reddit boards have completely scrubbed any mention of this story and deleted the Weekly Investing thread. :lol:

I mean, that's because the story is complete nonsense. TSLA has all kinds of problems, but unless there is fraudulent accounting they are nowhere near DIP or bankruptcy or anything like that

Stoned Sheep posted:

So if we open on Monday and the Nasdaq can't hold a bid will the bears climax causing an August 2015 redux?

My sources say BTFD

greasyhands fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Oct 8, 2018

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

fougera posted:

Cannabis is bitcoin with a future. Still in the mania phase though.

BTC's future is highly questionable but blockchain technology is already being used by some huge companies like Walmart, IBM and Microsoft.

Weed prices remind me of the dotcom bubble just as bitcoin did but ya weed does have actual proven wanted practical uses.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

greasyhands posted:

but unless there is fraudulent accounting they are nowhere near DIP or bankruptcy or anything like that

Yeah. You are right. If there were fraudulent accounting, their accountant would straight up leave immediately right?

Harry
Jun 13, 2003

I do solemnly swear that in the year 2015 I will theorycraft my wallet as well as my WoW

Lote posted:

Yeah. You are right. If there were fraudulent accounting, their accountant would straight up leave immediately right?

Guy already admitted he was being a puss about the confirmed buy out. Probably was a pedo too.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
What’s the grace period on a margin call when the banks are closed?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
LOL

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
Just bought a whole boatload of weekly 180 qqq calls. I don't even want to but here we go

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

greasyhands posted:

Just bought a whole boatload of weekly 180 qqq calls. I don't even want to but here we go

Ya I been trading a bunch of etfs in the last 2 down days. Also I forgot I had shares in a inverse etf as well lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Ulio posted:

Weed prices remind me of the dotcom bubble just as bitcoin did but ya weed does have actual proven wanted practical uses.

And you can hope that current producers might be able to dominate the global market if the move toward legal cannabis goes on which might keep the price on some names over the top for a long time.

Also, the bubble isn't particularly bad for many producer. Still wouldn't buy anything right now if I hadn't started when prices were low