Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Mo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Kinda old but I'm loving this interview with Patt Mike

https://dcheavymetal.com/2018/07/12/interview-with-matt-pike-of-sleep-and-high-on-fire/

quote:

Do you think you might actually run for president in 2020?

I’ll run for president, I don’t give a poo poo, if you guys really want.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

new Windhand is good, vocals seem more prominent in this album than before, and the riffs are still big & heavy https://windhand.bandcamp.com/album/eternal-return

firebad57
Dec 29, 2008
drat, this new Fie(!) on Hire is fick as suck

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Varg posted:

new Windhand is good, vocals seem more prominent in this album than before, and the riffs are still big & heavy https://windhand.bandcamp.com/album/eternal-return

*Hindwand :o

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Varg posted:

Its fuckin sick. They've been moving in this direction (clear production) over their whole career and I think they pull it off really well. She is a great vocalist.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Varg posted:

They still have purple 2LPs available for 24$.

WITH $23 SHIPPING??

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
"UK / European Exclusive"

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Snowy posted:

They still have purple 2LPs available for 24$.

WITH $23 SHIPPING??

God drat :cry:

New album is amazing though. They give me exactly what I want every time and lately they’re really letting Dorthia explore new territory. She’s a great vocalist and deserves more attention.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Darthemed posted:

"UK / European Exclusive"

Oh duh. That’s still a bit steep but somehow I thought it was US/Euro exclusive which seemed weird. That’s what I get for browsing while walking

VELOUR SPACESUIT
Feb 4, 2008

Well well well, this looks to be one disturbingly erotic post

The DPRK posted:

New Sumac record might belong here and is very good:

https://sumac.bandcamp.com/

It does and it is... although it feels like they are refining the sound of What One Becomes versus conjuring something totally new/different. That said, I still dig the hell out of it.

Also, I spent the day revisiting Yob's Our Raw Heart and have to say it is much better than my first listen. If you were lukewarm about it on release I recommend going back for seconds.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The new High on Fire is basically Christmas but Pike comes into your house and throws riffs everywhere and leaves

It owns

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

High on fires new album is out today too.

I haven't listened to the whole album but it feels a little bit phoned in. Nothing has stuck out as a killer track besides electric messiah so far.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich
the new high on fire is really good. lot of stand out tracks but sanctioned annihilation might be my favourite so far.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Laserface posted:

High on fires new album is out today too.

I haven't listened to the whole album but it feels a little bit phoned in. Nothing has stuck out as a killer track besides electric messiah so far.

"The Witch And The Christ" is a cool track, but I agree, it doesn't seem like a very memorable album on the initial listen. I feel like there's more variety on their last record.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
The new Windhand is definitely better than their last in my opinion. I thought Grief's Infernal Flower was pretty boring.

Nativity In Black fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Oct 6, 2018

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Did anyone else catch "I am Al from Sleep I can handle it"

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
"Drowning Dog" is an early favorite from new HoF, which rips

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

OpaqueEcho posted:

There's definitely good tracks on there but I feel like there is a distinct lack of mind crushingly heavy riffs like madness of the architect.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Laserface posted:

There's definitely good tracks on there but I feel like there is a distinct lack of mind crushingly heavy riffs like madness of the architect.

Yeah this is my take as well

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

OpaqueEcho posted:

This song is too similar to Snakes for the Divine imo.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I am currently at the first date of the current Satan’s Satyrs/Windhand tour and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Satyrs are playing new material from their album dropping on the 19th and the new Windhand songs sound tight as gently caress. I anticipate having a sore neck tomorrow due to the amount of headbanging during the Satyrs set. I wholeheartedly recommend catching them on this tour.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

poop dood posted:

I am currently at the first date of the current Satan�s Satyrs/Windhand tour and I cannot recommend it highly enough. Satyrs are playing new material from their album dropping on the 19th and the new Windhand songs sound tight as gently caress. I anticipate having a sore neck tomorrow due to the amount of headbanging during the Satyrs set. I wholeheartedly recommend catching them on this tour.

Welp guess I gotta drive 3 hours to LA on a weekday :razzy:

Did they play any older stuff? Windhand that is

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Windhand really needs to play Days of Darkness

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Ingmar terdman posted:

Did anyone else catch "I am Al from Sleep I can handle it"
I did but kind of ignored it as probable bullshit, was funny though

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

poop dood posted:

Satan's Satyrs

Wasn't it discovered the band's bassist/vocalist, Clayton Burgess who also plays in Electric Wizard, is indeed a goon (or a friend of)?

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Varg posted:

I did but kind of ignored it as probable bullshit, was funny though

Oh yeah, that's what makes it funny. The rare case where a paraphrase is so much better than any potential actual statement could be

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

Wasn't it discovered the band's bassist/vocalist, Clayton Burgess who also plays in Electric Wizard, is indeed a goon (or a friend of)?

There's a Richmond goon who knows him p well I think. Also someone else in the thread recently said their friend was the new(er) bassist now?

edit: metallum says Haz Wheaton is the bassist of the wiz and hawkwind. talk about living the dream.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
I think you guys are both thinking of me. I'm friends with their guitarist Jarrett Nettnin.

Also my prediction was correct and my neck is indeed sore. I'm not familiar enough with Windhand's catalogue to say whether or not they played much old stuff but I can say unequivocally that they sound fantastic live and are worth seeing.

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...
Monster Magnet are a must-see on their current tour. Dave Wyndorf is about to turn 62, and he's still rocking like a man half his age. The band he's got totally kills as well- bringing in Chris and Bob from the Atomic Bitchwax was a brilliant move.

I really liked a couple of the new songs, and the renditions of the old classics were great too. "Spine Of God" must have gone on for 12 minutes at least.

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
new REZN today you guys

https://rezzzn.bandcamp.com/album/calm-black-water

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

I'm halfway through, this is great poo poo

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Everyone trashing the new Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats had me more that a little worried after only hearing one track. I listened to the entire album and these concerns quickly washed away. It's solid and just sub par to maybe Blood Lust.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

Everyone trashing the new Uncle Acid & The Deadbeats had me more that a little worried after only hearing one track. I listened to the entire album and these concerns quickly washed away. It's solid and just sub par to maybe Blood Lust.

It's very good! But drat I wish there was some low end to it.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
The new Uncle Acid is hands down the best thing they've put out, in my opinion. I'm really digging the psychedelic vibes, it's like a biker movie through a post apocalyptic wasteland on LSD.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

That's encouraging, because they really seemed poised to do something big and great after Mind Control and I guess kinda leveled out a bit.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.

brucio posted:

It's very good! But drat I wish there was some low end to it.

I've found this one to be the prefect balance production wise for them. It's still old school lo-fi, but the sound quality is excellent.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

REZNs new album is a tie for first place with bongrippers for album of the year for me. Both sound amazing and are good and heavy.

Flying-Jigs
Apr 1, 2005

its a cookie
Are any euro goons going to be at Into the Void in the Netherlands next weekend? I'm squeezing it into my holiday from Australia and can't wait, the lineup is killer!

Check these day splits ---->
https://www.facebook.com/173653972799013/posts/1122468707917530/

Spinal Pap
Jun 24, 2007

uh-

It’s really really good and I agree with everything in this post.

Mind Control and The Night Creeper were both kind of boring outside of a few songs each. Wasteland holds my attention through the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I just saw that Crypt Sermon is finally getting back into the studio to start recording their new album.