Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
When I boot up Splatoon 2 and hear the squids talk about maps, I get a feeling of dread and despair, and every time I grab my Nintendo Labo brand knife and contemplate ending it all, only for images of Bowsette to pop up in my mind to remind me that life is still worth living.

Then they stop talking and I have fun playing Splatoon 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

It should be longer. With more button prompts per text line

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Day 782: Marina and Pearl still have not let me go. I don't remember what daylight looks like. I fear this might be the end for me. Goodbye world.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Anyway I think Nintendo should compensate me for my emotional trauma by adding more NES games.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

Barudak posted:

Same reason splatoon hits you with a mandatory cutscene telling you the maps.
I had wondered if that cutscene was there to disguise a background download of the minor update and/or a loading screen.

Mega64 posted:

Anyway I think Nintendo should compensate me for my emotional trauma by adding more NES games.
Wait 5 more days.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I honestly don't give a gently caress what the maps are. Am I supposed to change loadout to be better at different maps?

Probably.

Ask me if I give a gently caress
I say gently caress NO
I say gently caress NO
I say gently caress NO
Ask me if I give a gently caress
I say gently caress NO

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Waffle! posted:

There's squid kids walking around with horns and masks, and Splat-oween hasn't started yet. What gives?
There's a notification in the S2 news channel, which tells you to start the game via the link in it to get the seasonal items.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

important to bear in mind that a 30 second delay might not seem significant when you're gearing up for a game of overwatch but each round of splatoon is only about 90 seconds long so it's a bit more annoying

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Robot Hobo posted:

I had wondered if that cutscene was there to disguise a background download of the minor update and/or a loading screen.

It would make sense if it was, but it isnt since it can occur after loading. Its just a mandatory “slam A to resume having fun” cutscene.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

important to bear in mind that a 30 second delay might not seem significant when you're gearing up for a game of overwatch but each round of splatoon is only about 90 seconds long so it's a bit more annoying

It’s a 30 second delay on an hour timer

Every person demanding to play Mario Party online should be forced by Nintendo to play a random online Mario party match with the other players all being ten years old. I’m telling you now your online Mario Party wish is a monkey’s paw wish cause you’d never finish a game from rage quits or people would wander off during a round as they’re losing and you’d have people purposely loving up mini games it they are on the same team as the person in the lead

Dr. VooDoo fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 5, 2018

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Justify it how you will, you're still buying a party game in 2018 with crippled online features.

Thank you Nintendo for protecting us from standard, universal features other companies worked out, a decade ago or so?

E: yeah nintendo should force us into terrible experiences! Then we'll truly understand the magnitude of the blessings they have priveleged us with :gooncamp:

Ee: I will never pass up on an opportunity to use that emoji

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Oct 5, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

RCarr posted:

Happy Mario Party Day! :)

Happy Mario Party Day to us all :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGrygfWGNjU

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit
I got the Hori D-pad left joycon today

its real fuckin good

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Nintendo patented a phone case with physical game boy controls that interface with the touch screen and a little window for gameplay

If they have a GBFLIX service for phone.... jeez I might

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

It’s a 30 second delay on an hour timer

Every person demanding to play Mario Party online should be forced by Nintendo to play a random online Mario party match with the other players all being ten years old. I’m telling you now your online Mario Party wish is a monkey’s paw wish cause you’d never finish a game from rage quits or people would wander off during a round as they’re losing and you’d have people purposely loving up mini games it they are on the same team as the person in the lead

I don't even want online with randoms. I just want to be able to play the drat board game with friends who live in other states.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Afro posted:

I got the Hori D-pad left joycon today

its real fuckin good

I heard some rumors about them drawing extra battery when the switch is asleep, can you report back?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Bloop posted:

Nintendo patented a phone case with physical game boy controls that interface with the touch screen and a little window for gameplay

Companies make patents that don’t mean a drat thing all the time

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

They do!

Nintendo does lots of them.

But this is plausible and doesn't involve shouting McDonalds at your TV

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Andrast posted:

Yah but if they make this, I'm buying it.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

Ohtsam posted:

I don't even want online with randoms. I just want to be able to play the drat board game with friends who live in other states.

Posters who condescendingly tell you that you totally didn't even want to play online with lovely racist kids anyways never address this point. Seriously, the conversation just dies as soon as someone makes this observation.

Even if you did want to play with lovely racist kids, that's really not a lot to ask for from a full priced party game in 2018.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

What if this is what the press got wind of and called it Switch2 since they are nimrods

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, after watching release footage from the game and hearing great word of mouth I would have plunked down the cash for SMP and a year of Nintendo Online if I could play with my friends who are on the other side of the country now. Instead I'm trying to work Parsec on my computer so we can all try and play Mario Party 3 together.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

KingSlime posted:

Posters who condescendingly tell you that you totally didn't even want to play online with lovely racist kids anyways never address this point. Seriously, the conversation just dies as soon as someone makes this observation.

No it doesn't. It died because it's tiresome to explain that Nintendo doesn't want the enormous headache of troubleshooting peoples' equipment, fielding parental complaints about voice chat, and building any kind of infrastructure for an edge-case use that can easily be done by multiple other devices you probably have in the room with you in 2018

They decided the cost/benefit wasn't in their favor. They might be wrong but I don't see people not buying a Switch over it

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

KingSlime posted:

Even if you did want to play with lovely racist kids, that's really not a lot to ask for from a full priced party game in 2018.

Even if your only playing with random people I don’t see why they get to decide who you should play with. It’s really lovely

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Bloop posted:

No it doesn't. It died because it's tiresome to explain that Nintendo doesn't want the enormous headache of troubleshooting peoples' equipment, fielding parental complaints about voice chat, and building any kind of infrastructure for an edge-case use that can easily be done by multiple other devices you probably have in the room with you in 2018

They decided the cost/benefit wasn't in their favor. They might be wrong but I don't see people not buying a Switch over it

lol at grouping and talking with your friends being an edge case

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

The Bloop posted:

Note that literally all this is based on nothing but posters assumptions

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva
If you're over 13 and have friends why are you still playing Nintendo

Skipopatomus
Aug 30, 2007

Ozzy Osbourne simply duplicated the event.

this should really be included in the OP

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

Exactly, just sounds like you all are offering free PR because ??? I can make up reasons too, doesn't mean either of us has any insight into what goes on at nintendo hq.

My uncle was fired :(

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Andrast posted:

lol at grouping and talking with your friends being an edge case

To all Switch use? hell yeah it is

CharlestheHammer posted:

The fact that Nintendo decided it was not worth their while is self-evident. There is no chance it wasn't even thought of as a possibility.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
And I've said this before but we're consumers. We don't have to care about why a company is skimping out on real basic poo poo.

The only thing that matters is the end product and "what does $60 get me here?"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

The Bloop posted:

If they ever follow through, it'll be iphone/oled only

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

gonna get together with my buds and drink beers and Party in the Mario style tonight. don't care if game isn't great, gonna scream at my best friends on the Nintendo Switch

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007

JoeGlassJAw posted:

gonna get together with my buds and drink beers and Party in the Mario style tonight. don't care if game isn't great, gonna scream at my best friends on the Nintendo Switch

I want to do this but my friends live in different cities :/

Oh well guess we'll play literally any other multiplayer game instead

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

The Bloop posted:

Gameboy is this real weird sweet spot for me where the games are relatively simple but super engaging. I can't really describe it but man a GBflix would be awesome. Or a Gameboy classic.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I've decided not to get Super Mario Party because you cannot play as Bowsette

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

The Bloop posted:

To all Switch use? hell yeah it is

The fact that Nintendo decided it was not worth their while is self-evident. There is no chance it wasn't even thought of as a possibility.

Well I mean my point is this is just your personal justification which is fine if that’s what you need but it’s kind of pointless for others

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CharlestheHammer posted:

Well I mean my point is this is just your personal justification which is fine if that’s what you need but it’s kind of pointless for others

Well this is a discussion board so you are essentially saying one post of THIS SUCKS and then gas the thread because we don't have a press release from Nintendo about their reasoning.

I think it is incontrovertibly obvious that they decided not to do it based on cost/benefit because they are a big successful company, they obviously considered it, and they didn't do it. Admittedly talking about what the costs and benefits would be is conjecture but we didn't all fall off the turnip truck last night and we can probably guess pretty well.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I did Mario Kart 8 Deluxe party chat the other night, and it was just a bunch of people going "So, uh... who's gonna get Smash. Yeah, can you believe X is in it? It's going to be sweet" Or "Paying $20 for online is so lame when it used to be free"

These are not my people....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
What the hell do you have against people who just recently fell out of turnip trucks anyways??