Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
its 100% trying to fix things from the wrong side. if your gun is too powerful the fix isnt nerfing the entire ammo pool, its nerfing the drat gun.
in the case of the avtomat it's really simple too. make it not a 2hit kill. it's a drat machine gun.
as for the dolch its stats are too high across the board. too accurate, too fast, too high damage.
nerfing the ammo pools on other guns to compensate for those 2 is downright retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
If this is the level of decision making going into Hunt then rip.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Glenn Quebec posted:

If this is the level of decision making going into Hunt then rip.

I know it's been said before of developers that make dogshit adjustments to balance ( War Thunder comes to mind ), but it's clear they either don't play their game, or don't understand it enough to make meaningful adjustments to the meta. They're trying to address some legit complaints, but doing it in really hamfisted ways.

If they're concerned about shared ammunition pools giving weapons too much, there are other ways to address it. Make it so the Mosin Avto is the only weapon you can carry if you're using that, for instance.

Tweak the ROF on the Dolch so that instead of being able to click out the shots as fast as possible, you have a higher damage, higher capacity pistol comparable to the Officer Nagant with a faster reload.

The shotgun meta isn't that bad once you strip away the CK, because you can't always guarantee those single shots unless you're willing to get up in people's poo poo, and even then...

The problem with the machete meta is a couple of things, some of which will go away when they address ADAD, and some of which would go away if they'd give people a meaningful counter or response to people charging at them with a heavy swing.

The way they brushed off "streamers and vets" is loving weird because all the biggest streamers are all about making the game more accessible and enjoyable and growing the playerbase.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Yeah following the games development has thus far been pretty reasonable with the biggest ??? being the slightly too strong water devils, but this portion of decision making is some of the stupidest poo poo I've read in a while. It really makes me worry about the future of the game.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
Water devils being too strong is just growing pains. A quick hit BR mode stinks and the weapon balancing is amateur hour.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.
It's like they composed this entire set of proposed changes while totally shitfaced. Up until now they haven't made a single decision I've been vehemently against, just occasionally stumbled in their implementation (water devils are a good idea, they are currently overtuned).
While I personally am not a fan of solo mode, there was a general positive response to it from the public, so implementing it as a true mode in the game made sense. Some of us just wouldn't play it.
This though... I literally can't follow their line of thinking on half these changes. (Or I can but it's so stupid it's utterly baffling)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

So something from that proposed changes I missed at the time was

quote:

ADAD SPAMMED BEING WORKED ON FOR INERTIA MOVEMENT.

sounds like theyr'e trying to a movement system similar to what Red Orchestra / Rising Storm uses. On the one hand if it means I can actually loving hit people because they're not just jinking left and right all the time thats great but otherwise I'm not sure I like this idea.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Appoh, the guy who has more time into this dumb game than anyone else made a whole bunch of great suggestions for adjusting the game and for drawing in new players / getting them onboard, and Reddit immediately shouted him down. :allears:

Dunno why some people are so incredibly invested in the "HARDCORE" aspects of the game to the point of making the game needless complicated and unfriendly to newcomers.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Appoh, the guy who has more time into this dumb game than anyone else made a whole bunch of great suggestions for adjusting the game and for drawing in new players / getting them onboard, and Reddit immediately shouted him down. :allears:

Dunno why some people are so incredibly invested in the "HARDCORE" aspects of the game to the point of making the game needless complicated and unfriendly to newcomers.

Do you have a link, I cannot find it?

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Skyarb posted:

Do you have a link, I cannot find it?

here you go.

Most of his perk suggestions are dead on, especially concerning bolt seer/bolt thrower being mandatory for crossbows.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I think I'm gonna take a week or so off from this game. After 180+ hours I'm starting to finally have more frustration than fun when I play. Over the last 3 or 4 days I've killed almost no one, and nearly every death has been from a machette or a C96.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Oct 6, 2018

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Does the C&K do any less or any more damage than other shotguns? In most games the semi-autos do less damage per shot than their counterparts to balance out its firerate. In fact, that's honestly my main problem with the weapon balance, the expensive guns that are easier to use also drop people in a couple shots.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Mordja posted:

Does the C&K do any less or any more damage than other shotguns? In most games the semi-autos do less damage per shot than their counterparts to balance out its firerate. In fact, that's honestly my main problem with the weapon balance, the expensive guns that are easier to use also drop people in a couple shots.

I have no data to back this up but in my experience it does the same if not more damage as the Remero and meanwhile the spectre does way less.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

Basticle posted:

I think I'm gonna take a week or so off from this game. After 180+ hours I'm starting to finally have more frustration than fun when I play. Over the last 3 or 4 days I've killed almost no one, and nearly every death has been from a machette or a C96.

Of my deaths yesterday, two were Avtos, two were extract campers. Some were legit fun so I can't complain too much but gently caress.

On the other hand, I also shot a Sparks sniper out of the church tower at Healing Waters with a single Uppercut headshot from 70m so

Mordja posted:

The CK has the same if not more damage than the other long barrel shotguns, and also great range and the highest rate of fire.

The Spectre is a dumb pile of lovely poo poo for about eighty reasons even after the long barrel buff.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

The zoom is so high and the view so cloudy that I've literally never even had an opportunity to shoot at someone much less hit them with the Sharp sniper.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

Basticle posted:

The zoom is so high and the view so cloudy that I've literally never even had an opportunity to shoot at someone much less hit them with the Sharp sniper.

Just use the Nitro, then at least you can kill them with a body-shot?
(the Nitro sights are godawful)

I remember back in the day the sparks used to one-hit in the chest at mid-range. The glory days.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
My new favorite thing to do when I'm frustrated is to take a trash hunter with the packmule perk, buy him, take four concertinas, and just wall-the-gently caress in anyone I find sitting on a boss with Avtos or Auto-5s.

Standing on the other side of my beautiful metal walls while people scream at me from their basement cage is a good time ( for me ).

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

My new favorite thing to do when I'm frustrated is to take a trash hunter with the packmule perk, buy him, take four concertinas, and just wall-the-gently caress in anyone I find sitting on a boss with Avtos or Auto-5s.

Standing on the other side of my beautiful metal walls while people scream at me from their basement cage is a good time ( for me ).

Do they not understand they can just melee it?

I mean I went like a month without knowing you could do that, but still

Basticle fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Oct 8, 2018

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
The worst thing about getting hosed down by a CK or an Avto is that it's seldom that you ever think, "oh I got outplayed there" it's usually "oh he missed 50% of his shots and still killed me because I didn't have a high-alpha weapon."

I've actually gone back to running the double-barrel more often than not because it's one of the few weapons that can out-shoot a CK and deal with melee chargers. If you pair it with the Uppercut ( lol gently caress ) or the Obrez/Officer Nagant you have a solid combo.

Gonna be super loving sad when the Uppercut has all its ammo stripped away and the Obrez ( which requires two high-cost perks to be most effective ) is the only reasonable alternative.

Basticle posted:

Do they not understand they can just melee it?

I mean I went like a month without knowing you could do that, but still

Everyone knows that, it just takes a long time and if someone is sitting on top of it ( or you think they are because they ran out your DSB before walking away ), it'll take longer.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I struggle to think of a weapon I'm worse with than the Obrez. At literally any distance I can't hit poo poo with it.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

The worst thing about getting hosed down by a CK or an Avto is that it's seldom that you ever think, "oh I got outplayed there" it's usually "oh he missed 50% of his shots and still killed me because I didn't have a high-alpha weapon."

This is exactly why I think those guns don't need to be in the game. Dolche too.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Spawned at Alain and Sons, and, almost immediately, saw an enemy team of two tier 3s. Put a Sparks round through the chest of one- he ran, got chased by a water devil, and apparently bled to death.

Super.

Lost sight of the other one, but me and my teammate grouped up together and pushed in. As we were walking down the catwalk toward where his teammate went down, I saw a zombie stumbling off to the side, looking at something to my right. This registered as "not right", so I looked where the zombie was looking and saw a tier 3 hunter 4 feet away, crouching in the water.

He shot, missed when the zombie hit him, then drew his Dolch and started panic firing as I hosed him down with the Officer Nagant. :lol:

Basticle posted:

I struggle to think of a weapon I'm worse with than the Obrez. At literally any distance I can't hit poo poo with it.

I used to think it was that I was bad, but I just started using the Sparks and after a few hours I'm landing the lion's share of my shots. I think it is the sights and sway. I like it, but I haven't had enough practice.

Gonna get a lot more after the Uppercut gets poo poo on I guess.

Skyarb posted:

This is exactly why I think those guns don't need to be in the game. Dolche too.

I can't count how many times I've closed with a Crown King and had them spray 4 shots, miss, connect on the 5th, and kill me. Every time it happens I just look up at the ceiling and sit there for a second.

The worst thing is that a lot of dudes run them on tier 1s, so you have a hard fight that, if won, earns you a whopping 100 EXP. Whoopee. Glad I'm risking my loaded out tier 2/3 for that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Gonna get a lot more after the Uppercut gets poo poo on I guess.

Oh, they've walked some of the ammo stuff back.

And also:
Crown & King increased recoil drastically

Romero 77 increased recoil

Romero Hatchet increased recoil

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Those changes actually look pretty... OK. And like they could do something about the shotgun meta while still making shotguns deadly.

The Crown King having a lot more recoil would make it a lot more of a skill weapon than the bullet hose it currently is.

Not sure how I feel about compact ammo, but it's easy to run a pair of compact ammo weapons to carry ammo for days and reducing it prevents it from becoming all Winnies all the time.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

those changes are... surprisingly good?

no mention of auto mosin

Basticle fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 9, 2018

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJJsa0mnAFw

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

....rise up dead man

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

quote:

Highlights:

Trainee mode: With this release we are introducing the �Trainee mode� for Hunters up to bloodline rank 15. We believe this will help new players to familiarize themselves with the game, without having the risk of losing Hunters in this process. When your get killed your Hunter will not be gone permanently. After such a scenario, all you need to do is buy the equipment you wish to equip your Hunter with.
Please note this only applies until you reach bloodline rank 15, and does not apply if you prestige.

New server region: With this update we are introducing a new region that has been a big request from the community � Russian servers.

Weapon balance changes: With the update we are introducing a set of balance changes to multiple weapons. We are mainly focusing on weapons we identified to dominate the current meta in order to provoke other, currently less used, equipment to come to the foreground and mix things up a bit.

Gunplay:

All Compact Bullets
Slightly more damage when hitting the arms and legs of a Hunter
Reduced ammo per pick-up from supply boxes (same percentage level as medium, long and shells now)
(Affected weapons: All Winfields, all Nagant revolvers (incl. Silencer variant) and the Caldwell Conversion revolver (incl. Chain Pistol variant)
Crown & King Auto-5
Extra ammo reduced from 12 to 6 shells
Slight increase of recoil
Caldwell Conversion Uppercut
Extra ammo reduced from 12 to 9 long bullets
Mosin Nagant M1891 Avtomat
Magazine ammo reduced from 20 to 15 long bullets
Extra ammo reduced from 10 to 0 long bullets
Dolch 96 and Dolch 96 Precision
Extra ammo reduced from 10 to 5 medium bullets
Slight increase of recoil and delay between shots
Vetterli 71 Karabiner
Extra ammo reduced from 19 to 13 medium bullets
Reload loop is now 25% faster
Specter 1882 and Bayonet version
Extra ammo reduced from 12 to 10 shells
Specter 1882 Compact
Extra ammo reduced from 12 to 8 shells
Drastic increase of recoil
Romero 77
Romero 77 Handcannon and Hatchet variant
Extra ammo reduced from 12 to 10 shells
Caldwell Rival 78
Extra ammo reduced from 12 to 8 shells
Caldwell Rival 78 Handcannon
Extra ammo reduced from 12 to 6 shells
Drastic increase of recoil
Explosive Crossbow
Direct hit to upper torso or head will now kill enemy hunters.
Machete
Slight melee damage reduction
Changes made to the pose for charged melee attacks, to no longer cover the torso with the arm to absorb damage.

Developer Notes: Even if a weapon has 0 extra bullets, the moment the player fires bullets, the empty space is dynamically added to the extra ammo pool. So if you have an Avtomat now, having fired 6 rounds off your 15 round magazine, means you can pick up (up-to) 6 extra rounds. The moment you reload them into your gun, the extra ammo pool will shrink again until it reaches 0.

Being an early access game, Hunt: Showdown is still changing constantly with every new feature and update, and will continue to do so in the future. Sometimes, the full extent or some of these changes will only really show across multiple updates, each introducing a small part of it. Please bear with us as we are trying to make this the best experience for both new players and veterans alike. With every update you can always help us in the development of Hunt: Showdown by going on the test server to try the latest changes out for yourself! Thank you for all your ongoing support and precious feedback!

Price changes:

Hand Crossbow from $210 to $110
Hand Crossbow poison from $240 to $115
Nagant M1895 Officer Carbine from $86 to $35
Crossbow from $280 to $180
Crossbow Explosive from $400 to $290
Crossbow Shotbolt from $305 to $220
Mosin-Nagant M1891 Avtomat reduced from $1800 to $1500
Cavalry Saber increased from $22 to $28
Crown & King Auto-5 from $266 to $466

Trainee Mode:

Safety net added for new players to help them learn the game.
In the first 15 ranks (excluding prestige) your hunters won�t be lost when they get killed in a mission. Instead the dead hunters get reset to the pre-mission status including all gear and health.

Bug Fixes:

Fixed a bug where the player could get stuck in Slaughterhouse and Scupper which resulted in the loss of a hunter

Known Issues:

Sometimes dynamite or grenades make no sound when exploding.
AI may become stuck when navigating around certain areas.
Hunter heads may snap back and forth if too close to other entities or pieces of geometry.
Hive swarms are able to attack players through solid walls and small lattices.
Oil pools are invisible.
Shadows may not blend together correctly on low end systems.
In rare instances, players may become stuck on the matchmaking screen at the �Loading Map� stage.
If 2 players invite each other via steam (without one of them accepting) they can be stuck in that invite state and will have to wait for a bit or restart their client in the worst case.
Dark sight boost can sometimes be consumed faster than intended.
Direct hits with Fire Bombs and Lanterns will not knock down AI as intended.
The AOE (self-) damage indicator on the throw helper of the liquid fire bomb is not in sync with the actual AOE/damage range.
Depending on the area, windows might show incorrect reflections.
In some cases, you may encounter a strange visual effect from smoke and muzzle flashes. This is more prominent in underground areas, but can occur outdoors as well.

The only thing I see that I didnt know was coming is the Crown & King costs nearly twice as much now but that wont really fix anything.

Basticle fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 10, 2018

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

A tiny step in the right direction but they are still missing the overall point. Any Hunter worth his salt will easily be able to dunk on a squad with only 15 rounds of the avto.

Oh haha they made it cheaper too, I would put money that we see even more use of it now.

Skyarb fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Oct 10, 2018

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

quote:

Vetterli 71 Karabiner
Extra ammo reduced from 19 to 13 medium bullets
Reload loop is now 25% faster

I'd like to know what the hell "reload loop" is. Is that just reload speed or the speed of working the bolt?

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

Basticle posted:

I'd like to know what the hell "reload loop" is. Is that just reload speed or the speed of working the bolt?

When you reload a karabiner you load one bullet at a time. Each bullet is a loop. So the "loop" of adding bullets was made to be 25% faster. Overall this means it should be ~25% faster in general but there could be beginning and ending animations that make the overall time actually slightly longer.

For more clarity, the animation sequence looks like this if you were to load 3 bullets into your karabiner:

[begin animation - tilt gun] -> [loop animation - load bullet] -> [loop animation - load bullet] -> [loop animation - load bullet] -> [end animation - return gun to firing position]

Specifically with this update only the middle three steps, the loop animation, were sped up. The beginning and ending animations remain unchanged.

Skyarb fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 10, 2018

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Cost decrease on the bows is nice but it doesn't fix the problem of them not being that fun or viable without bolt thrower and bolt seer.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Skyarb posted:

When you reload a karabiner you load one bullet at a time. Each bullet is a loop. So the "loop" of adding bullets was made to be 25% faster. Overall this means it should be ~25% faster in general but there could be beginning and ending animations that make the overall time actually slightly longer.

For more clarity, the animation sequence looks like this if you were to load 3 bullets into your karabiner:

[begin animation - tilt gun] -> [loop animation - load bullet] -> [loop animation - load bullet] -> [loop animation - load bullet] -> [end animation - return gun to firing position]

Specifically with this update only the middle three steps, the loop animation, were sped up. The beginning and ending animations remain unchanged.

that makes sense, thanks

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Gonna be honest I dont think the C96 is OP anymore. The reduced fire rate is a goddamned lie but the increase in recoil has made it so that now if I get killed by it its after they missed the first 5 or 6 shots.

semi-related:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2zSz3a8Hi8

Basticle fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Oct 11, 2018

amotea
Mar 23, 2008
Grimey Drawer
Is machete still one hit kill or not?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

amotea posted:

Is machete still one hit kill or not?

I've yet to see it since the patch dropped, so all signs point to no.

*edit* :lol: https://streamable.com/38irf

Basticle fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Oct 11, 2018

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30YQF5JNq0M

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I dropped playing the hunt for Tarkov and grinding out hundreds of hours on R6, and oh man coming back to the hunt and being in the beginners area is pretty good.

I got 4 of them myself, after my partner solo wiped another team and saved my life. I'm sure all this skill at shoot mans will go down the drain when I hit 33 and get owned by game knowledge. But for now aiming at their heads and shooting them is a lot of fun.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Now that I've played around with the C96 and Auto 5 post-patch I really like the recoil changes they made, it really balances them and makes them much more challenging to use effectively. The Avtomat still needs overhauled, or better yet removed altogether.

I do however loving hate the ammo pool changes. Such stupid bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

gently caress YES https://clips.twitch.tv/VivaciousGoldenSageBigBrother