Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Does anyone else who makes edits in Fire Pro really struggle to make good looking outfits with some complexity to them without just looking like a random riot of colors and decals? It has lead to most of my existing edits having pretty simplistic outfits. Not necessarily a bad thing I guess, especially since I was originally aiming for a slightly faux-80s feel. But its starting to feel frustrating.

Haven't really tried using the new DLC parts though.

I'm definitely still learning. A lot of it is sort of tricks- just because a part says it's "jacket" doesn't mean you can't use it to represent something else, that sort of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

It really is an art from. The best way I've figured out how to learn is to take interesting looking edits apart in the editor to see how they did things. Another trick knowing how much 'business' you can get away with if you properly color coordinate.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Yeah, the best but most irritating way I've found is negatively combining patterns--finding pieces you can apply and blend into the color of the piece of clothing they're on to break up other patterns and make them appear more complex. Making MMA fight shorts look right is a bitch this way.

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Does anyone else who makes edits in Fire Pro really struggle to make good looking outfits with some complexity to them without just looking like a random riot of colors and decals? It has lead to most of my existing edits having pretty simplistic outfits. Not necessarily a bad thing I guess, especially since I was originally aiming for a slightly faux-80s feel. But its starting to feel frustrating.

Haven't really tried using the new DLC parts though.

Those outfits are awesome. Being to hard on yourself.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Apparently 2K19 removed elimination modifiers from multi person matches. You can still do survivor series style matches but no 3 or 4 way elimination matches. 2 steps forward, 1 step back...

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Apparently 2K19 removed elimination modifiers from multi person matches. You can still do survivor series style matches but no 3 or 4 way elimination matches. 2 steps forward, 1 step back...

Like, why? Why would they remove something like that? It would take a willful act to remove something like that from one game to the next. What is the purpose?

Also I wrote like 2k words on wwe 2k's reversal system today and I don't know what to do with it.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

here comes the spunk posted:

Those outfits are awesome. Being to hard on yourself.

Yeah there’s nothing wrong with that kind of approach, if everyone looks good and you can tell them apart. Do the more complex stuff when you think someone needs it or when you have a really clear idea.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Tonight @8:05 EST!
-In the opening contest, two of the bitiest competitors go head-to-head as Kirby faces D'vorah.
-Andore Jr appeared last week, attacking NEMESIS in the aftermath of the Phobos Deathmatch. He makes his in-ring debut tonight against Inkling.
-Chun-B takes on Double Dragon in their first match since losing the Co-Op Titles.
-To determine the next contender for the Cross-Platform Championship, we'll see Sub-Zero, Rydia, Princess Peach, Juliet Starling, Rainbow Mika, Tracer Samus Aran and Ms. Fortune in an 8-Way Elimination Match.
-With encouragement from Terra, Sabin is making a serious effort to make it as a singles competitor. He has a monumental challenge ahead of him as he takes on Mettaton
-And in the main event: Gilgamesh defends the PCGP World Heavyweight Championship against Link and Scorpion in a Triangle Elimination match!
-Plus! King Bowser vs Captain N, Terra vs R.O.B. and The Iconic Duo vs Toejam & Earl!
https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I bought 2K because I'm a garbage human with a problem and... um... they put JUICE's moveset in as a preset?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

CascadeBeta posted:

Like, why? Why would they remove something like that? It would take a willful act to remove something like that from one game to the next. What is the purpose?

Also I wrote like 2k words on wwe 2k's reversal system today and I don't know what to do with it.

Delete it and the game.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Gaz-L posted:

I bought 2K because I'm a garbage human with a problem and... um... they put JUICE's moveset in as a preset?

Good for Juice. He deserves it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I have no idea what to call this guy, but I wanted to try a "patriot" theme.

Not sure I like the collar and tie, but it amused me at the time. Might ditch the little eye mask too. I wish there were more decoration decals for the upper torso, especially the back.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Its the Mysterious Mayor and totally not related to Kane

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I am aware this has been used as a move name before, but I am partial to Uncle Slam.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Not sure I like the collar and tie, but it amused me at the time. Might ditch the little eye mask too. I wish there were more decoration decals for the upper torso, especially the back.

it's LF: The Wrestler

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Redd "Whiten" Blue.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Kinda looks like a patriotic Buff Bagwell.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Maxwell Lord posted:

Kinda looks like a patriotic Buff Bagwell.

So he's an American Male?

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Testekill posted:

So he's an American Male?

:vince:

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Well, at least Ciampa is actually in 2k19

https://twitter.com/thechrisdenker/status/1048047940604841984

(that's an unbelievable CAW)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
New Legacy starting 2k19 in like 10 minutes

:getin:

https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

CascadeBeta posted:

The game is built on an engine that is entirely tissue paper and toothpicks at this point, every time they add something it breaks something else.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
First impression: this interface is ugly as poo poo

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

Maxwell Lord posted:

First impression: this interface is ugly as poo poo

Someone really liked the Thanos effect.

And white. Yeah, this is awful to look at.

Psychepath fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Oct 5, 2018

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

game glitchy as gently caress confirmed

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

loving :laffo: the MITB briefcase doesn't even come down for the winner

e: holy poo poo is that menu unpleasant to look at

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
First wrestling game that needs a Night Mode

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
It's like they specifically watch NL streams and remove things accordingly. Matches where everyone is raising their right arm on the roster screen? Make everyone stand in the exact same pose that makes them all look chunky.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

loving dying at big head Adam Cole picking his nose

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
And Rey Mysterio breaks the game merely by entering

EDIT: Okay the big head mode is particularly entertaining for the women. Just these massive manes of hair everywhere. Bianca's is dragging on the mat behind her.

Maxwell Lord fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Oct 5, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

So apparently multiple run-ins can occur in the same match in Fire Pro. I was doing some edit testing and had one of my guys do a run in (in his slot 4 former entrance attire even) and stylishly did a Okite Yaburi move steal on my new guy. A short time later another person did a run-in to assist the poor guy, so it was briefly a 2v2 brawl.

That entrance attire is one of the outfits I'm proud of, tried to make it look like a long coat, kinda successful?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Cool, looks like Booster Gold!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Ken "GOLDEN" Tarrow (his name is a play on Kintaro, aka Sakata Kintoki of Japanese Folklore). Rich kid who used his trust fund to buy his way to professional wrestling stardom. Favorite TV Show: Golden Girls, Favorite Dog: Golden Retriever, Finisher: The GOLDEN Gate Bridge (Bridge Suplex). Closest thing my small roster currently has to a topcard heel (Though he thinks himself a face).

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I rushed through the story mode of FPW as part of the Main Unit, and I can confirm a few things:

Length of game: About 60 chapters or so counting training, basically until Wrestle Kingdom 12

Post-game options: You can skip the initial training to be an NJPW wrestler and start in the main story in any of the factions: Main Unit, LIJ, Chaos, Suzuki-Gun. There's also an option to select how popular your wrestler is when you join, which I think determines what stories you get as the game goes on, probably.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Michael Cole puts on an inspired performance in the booth re-recording the NXT Daniel Bryan stuff lmao. Dirt sheets and basements and bingo halls and nerds and all the greatest hits

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Hell they may have recycled that from previous games.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
For gently caress's sake: MyCareer has a fake JR podcast.

Edit: I do like that they made the goofy indie geeks from the story mode actually selectable outside of career. And as dumb and campy-bad as it is, I'm enjoying the story.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 6, 2018

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I would enjoy the sheer pettiness if the 'indy geeks' were thinly veiled, Fire Pro-style knockoffs of big-name indy talent.

Also if there was a guy with the last name "Rhodes", since apparently WWE owns the rights to that name.

In Fire Pro News, I've managed to successfully fix the minor, but irritating issues my modded copy was having. So now it's like the mod-breaking elements of the DLC never happened!

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION

Gaz-L posted:

For gently caress's sake: MyCareer has a fake JR podcast.

Edit: I do like that they made the goofy indie geeks from the story mode actually selectable outside of career. And as dumb and campy-bad as it is, I'm enjoying the story.

Fake JR podcast as in they got JR to record some podcast conversations about your character?

I think that's a thing that other 2K or EA games have done, I recall some using actual ESPN sets and personalities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

spongeh posted:

Fake JR podcast as in they got JR to record some podcast conversations about your character?

I think that's a thing that other 2K or EA games have done, I recall some using actual ESPN sets and personalities.

No, as in there's a fake podcast about your character by a fake commentator that is obviously supposed to be JR. I assume they didn't want to pay for the Ross Report name or pay JR to do the audio if he's not doing commentary for the rest of the game?