Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Just watched the first episode of Zombie Land Saga, it was pretty funny, had me consistently chuckling though I do wonder if the humour might end up being a bit one note.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

this was literally my childhood so

i wish i read tons of shoujo as a child

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Ms Vampire who lives in my Neighborhood was a pretty average first episode and nothing special but I like these kinda of shows so I'll be watching unless it really drags.

Jojo episode 1 was more Jojo and I loved it. They also switched the logo to match the modern version which kinda of shocked me a bit but is more fitting

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
JoJo gooood.

Zombieland hilarious.

Irozuku absolutely captured me and I cannot wait to learn more of that magical world.

Uchi no Maid I thought was based on a manga with a similar name and screw my curiosity. It has a remarkably well done running scene and the maid's physique caters to those with built ripped combat maid kinks, but the OP description covers it all, the maid should be institutionalized. I feel sad for the poor child. Where is the story going to go? Is this going to become the new thing for the industry? 5 FBI watchlists out of 5

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

Is this going to become the new thing for the industry?
no, the show airing at 2 in the morning with a production committee that consists solely of the original manga's publishers is not going to change the anime industry

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
can't wait til the end of the season to see all the posts about how bad it is by people who watched the entire show

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Everything Burrito posted:

can't wait til the end of the season to see all the posts about how bad it is by people who watched the entire show

lol

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I do wish Dogakobo was dedicating more of its best staff to the wholesome (I assume) cheerleader show instead of that tho

(Watch those be famous last words)

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Spiritus Nox posted:

I do wish Dogakobo was dedicating more of its best staff to the wholesome (I assume) cheerleader show instead of that tho

(Watch those be famous last words)

IMO Dogakobo should adapt Nettaigyo next

It's got gay poo poo and lots of animals, that's like right down the center of their lane

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hina logi season 2 please and thanks

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Shinozaki-San is The Most Dogakobo yuri manga I've ever seen

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Sumo Boys was very sports anime and I will be very disappointed when that kid does not sumo bears for training.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Everything Burrito posted:

i can't wait for its equivalent "STOP NOT EATING, FAT KID" moment

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i just remembered this is still happening
https://twitter.com/Crunchyroll/status/1031232080204705792

so maybe check jojo out if you're still shopping around for your seasonal shows

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The style grew on me and I liked how cinematic it was, lots of dangerous angles. The theme at the end when Bruno was interrogating Giorno took a lot from the Neodammerung song from The Matrix which made me laugh

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

A OVERLORD TANYA KONOSUBA RE ZERO CROSSOVER!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-LpK5cdhGM

What in the everlasting gently caress is going on!? :catdrugs:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Oct 6, 2018

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Crisis on Infinite Isekays?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Isekei Cinematic Universe?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
wow Irozuku is absolutely gorgeous

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

A crossover between a two bad shows, one very uneven but sometimes fun show, and a show ruined by subtitles and poor timing so purposeful that it makes me think crunchyroll actively wants all comedy to die. Really it's almost the perfect anime replication of the Justice League movie.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nice username combo bro

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
watching subaru trying to treat tanya like beatrice is going to be hilarious

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

:same:

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Terrible Opinions posted:

A crossover between a two bad shows, one very uneven but sometimes fun show, and a show ruined by subtitles and poor timing so purposeful that it makes me think crunchyroll actively wants all comedy to die. Really it's almost the perfect anime replication of the Justice League movie.

Crunchyroll's subs are usually pretty decent if they're actually done by Crunchyroll. Unfortunately, they also have a bunch of third-party subbed shows, and Aniplex's are pretty notorious for being awful with basics like timing or even spellchecking their scripts.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Yeah usually they aren't as bad as Konosuba's but they managed to ruin almost every joke with either poor timing or very bad wording. So you were left with a show where every joke was conceptually very funny, but rarely actually funny on delivery.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
konosuba was very funny to me

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

esselfortium posted:

konosuba was very funny to me

:same:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I wanted to like fantasy anime Always Sunny, and assume it is very funny when presented well. Unfortunately I cannot understand Japanese and the English subtitles sucked. I wanted to like fantasy anime Always Sunny, and assume it is very funny when presented well.

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
Watched Zombieland Saga after what was said here and if there’s a a stranger show this season (Marrying A Fur Beast doesn’t count because it’s a short) then I want to see it.

I also watched Hinomaruzumou and there’s enough there to bring me back for episode 2.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1048599746372202497

I don't know how the slow, uneventful therapy show about quietly camping with your friends blew up like Yuru Camp has, but I'm sure glad it did.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Comfy Camping is back...and more COMFY than ever

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the new sao op is amazing

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Spiritus Nox posted:

I don't know how the slow, uneventful therapy show about quietly camping with your friends blew up like Yuru Camp has, but I'm sure glad it did.

Stop the presses!

Ok, I'm good. Carry on.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Spiritus Nox posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kz20PaZAnCo

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

Zombidols anime was decent fun and cute, going to stick with it for now.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

space fishing is so impressively bad

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
there arent fish in space, beans

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Space fishing is the kind of series that needs a scientist with booze reacting to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Definitely not a surprise, but because there were people saying it might not be as bad as the manga, the first episode of Goblin Slayer indeed has onscreen rape in it.