Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Is it impossible to get a 2v2 in Mario party in a 2 human 2 CPU game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

LPG Giant posted:

I would like 3 posts saying that Amazon always fucks up their game orders on delivery day and then two that say they’ve been doing it for years and their games always arrive on launch day.

Hi I’m the post about buying games digitally

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I’ve got about a 58% chance that I get intoxicated and end up buying Mario Party this weekend.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Harlock posted:

yes

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Just got out of work and it looks like I'm gonna have company for a full 4 man game of mario party! :toot:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I wish SMP had gone no-online instead of limited, because instead of being completed excluded for some potentially maybe justifiable reason, it just feels kinda half-assed. I mean, I get that Mario Party is supposed to be a Party game with other people in your direct vicinity, and I will play it that way, but it sucks when your online friends can only sort of halfway play some of it with you.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

LPG Giant posted:

I would like 3 posts saying that Amazon always fucks up their game orders on delivery day and then two that say they’ve been doing it for years and their games always arrive on launch day.

Amazon always gave me my games on launch day, except for Octopath Traveler, which they gave me a free copy of two days after launch day to make up for the lateness.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

John Lee posted:

Amazon always gave me my games on launch day, except for Octopath Traveler, which they gave me a free copy of two days after launch day to make up for the lateness.

Same, ordered maybe 12 hard copies and this is my first late title

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Funny, they delivered mine to a nearby (but wrong) address. I recognized it from the picture they took and went to go get it.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Harlock posted:

Wait so you have to be paired with a CPU? Why the heck that?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Ultimate Mango posted:

Wait so you have to be paired with a CPU? Why the heck that?
No you can't get 2v2 at all apparently without 4 humans. Which is kind of lame. Human/CPU vs Human/CPU could be neat.

The package delivery game is already impossible if you get 1 human vs 1 human and 2 CPU since they block your path all the time

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QrFBHDcx19Y

Paladins gets gyro in November

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Neat, I've played a little bit of Paladins on Switch and it's more my kind of game compared to Fortnite. Dual analogue + gyro has really become my favourite control method for shooters, so I hope they do a good job and it feels similar to Splatoon 2, and not Fortnite which has probably the worst gyro controls so far.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

widespread posted:

How do you unlock characters again? I played four out of five modes and I think I didnt get any characters.

Still enjoyed being Goomba, despite his dice no longer effecting a bonus star.

Dry Bones is unlocked at random after playing any of the main modes. You can use the Party Pad to see if he's in the plaza after a round of games, in which case just go up and talk to him to add him to your party (and the playable roster). He's the easiest to unlock of the four unlockables.

Reaching three of the five endpoints in River Survival unlocks Donkey Kong. He'll be in the plaza so you can add him to your party (and the playable roster).

Diddy Kong is unlocked by clearing Stage 2 in Challenge Road. To unlock Challenge Road, you must unlock all the minigames. (This is actually relatively easy. Do some rounds in Mario Party and Partner Party; the minigame selector to my experience will always pick a game you haven't unlocked yet if it can.) After that, he'll be in the plaza to let you add him to your party (and the playable roster).

Pom Pom is also unlocked in Challenge Road, this time by clearing Stage 5. She'll be in the plaza afterwards, letting you add her to your party (and the playable roster).

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Yo does Nintendo have a patent on the split controller thing because I need that poo poo on my PC like yesterday

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

I bought Mario Party. It is fun. I kept playing Fuzzy Flight School over and over in freeplay because it is dope. Then when I played online, discovered it was one of today's games. I walloped those strangers.

The highlight so far was winning Sound Stage as Bowser. He does a little jig.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Spellman posted:

Super Mario Party feels like it was made in the highest Nintendo Laboratory, and feels like an enhanced version of Mario Party 64

Is this a good thing?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Macaluso posted:

Yo does Nintendo have a patent on the split controller thing because I need that poo poo on my PC like yesterday

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I just played my first game of super mario party. I rolled -2 on Boo's die 5 times. I got laaaaast place. It was great. :neckbeard:

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Harlock posted:

No you can't get 2v2 at all apparently without 4 humans. Which is kind of lame. Human/CPU vs Human/CPU could be neat.

The package delivery game is already impossible if you get 1 human vs 1 human and 2 CPU since they block your path all the time

This isn't true! My wife and I played partner mode this evening and we were on the same team. When it shows you the team lineup, you can change the comp by pushing left or right on the joystick. We played against CPU Mario and Yoshi.

We had selected Normal difficulty and the AI was still a cheating bastard when it came to stuff on the board (they got TWO stars out of hidden boxes) but super easy to best in the minigames. It was a nailbighter, with us tying due to Bonus Stars, but we had 60 coins to their 15 and won!

It's Mario Party for sure. Partner Mode is easily the best "casual game with family" mode yet. The minigames were good, nothing revolutionary, but the freedom and choice partner mode allows (there are more spaces on the board), coupled with allies, adds an element of strategy the other games lacked. I'm gonna miss Bowser mode a little bit, but it's pretty easy to say this is the best Mario Party has ever been.

Rosalina's model... update... is a little unsettling, though.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I haven't played it yet, what are you referring to. Did they give her the Samus from Prime 1 to Prime 2 treatment?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Me and two friends are playing Mario Party between innings of the Yankee game and it’s great. Classic drunk yelling at your friends game. Just a shame it’s only couch co-op because it would have infinite replay value with a full online multiplayer mode.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corpse posted:

I haven't played it yet, what are you referring to. Did they give her the Samus from Prime 1 to Prime 2 treatment?

They stuffed a couple Lumas down her dress.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
My first experience with the online Mario Party mode was one person didn't do anything by the 3rd game, in the 4th game it froze and said one person dropped out before restarting the game, and it looks like that person was replaced with a bot.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

These are some of the best minigames since the N64 game.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is this a good thing?

Sounds like a really good thing to me :dance:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Electric Phantasm posted:

Is this a good thing?

Yes. It doesn't feel cheap or off-brand like an average Hudson MP game, and it feels like they stripped away some of the more obscene power-ups and special events for ones more grounded ones

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

theres no option for handicaps in super mario party as far as i could see which is a pretty big bummer if youre playing with young kids.

velvet milkman
Feb 13, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Harlock posted:

i played with my SO all night and you absolutely can get 2v2 mini games, they do seem kinda rare though

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kly posted:

theres no option for handicaps in super mario party as far as i could see which is a pretty big bummer if youre playing with young kids.

Don't bring kids to rooftop parties.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

asecondduck posted:

They stuffed a couple Lumas down her dress.

Nintendo was concerned that the fan art of Rosalina was inaccurate, and, well, they have no power to change the fan art so they had to change her design.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
Mario Party is fun if you're not playing single player

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Over There posted:

I used to play the N64 ones alone as a kid and I’d still have fun.

:smith:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Al Borland Corpse posted:

Nintendo was concerned that the fan art of Rosalina was inaccurate, and, well, they have no power to change the fan art so they had to change her design.
:hmmyes:

Over There posted:

I played it a lot solo as a kid because I had no friends no one ever wanted to play Mario Party :smith:

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
It's okay to have enjoyed it solo as a kid, so did I, but now I enjoy it more with company

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

god drat Mario Party is just awful

Mini games only online and limited to joycons is just the kick in the dick

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

god drat Mario Party is just awful

Mini games only online and limited to joycons is just the kick in the dick

I had fun :shrug:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

velvet milkman posted:

i played with my SO all night and you absolutely can get 2v2 mini games, they do seem kinda rare though

Is this partner mode or Mario party mode? I played 5 games of regular Mario party and we never hit a 2v2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kly posted:

Maybe not destroy your young kids in Mario Party every single game and let them win once and a while.