Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

What the gently caress did they do to sound this patch? Everything was fine yesterday, today gunshots are nearly silent (including my own). Footsteps are loud as hell though, I can't hear poo poo over my own movement. I didn't change any settings, the game is just unplayable like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Shooting Blanks posted:

What the gently caress did they do to sound this patch? Everything was fine yesterday, today gunshots are nearly silent (including my own). Footsteps are loud as hell though, I can't hear poo poo over my own movement. I didn't change any settings, the game is just unplayable like this.

This patch has a LOT of bugs, you might want to just wait for the next patch and pray it fixes everything.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

my fps is trash in new patch, like 5-30 where i was getting solid 70+ before

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
This patch is broke as gently caress :D

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Jesus, we tried getting into games last night and got into maybe 3 games out of 50 attempts. Restarting the lobby didn't do poo poo.

This game is totally fuckin broken right now.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
https://twitter.com/PUBG_help/status/1047790194991276032

:lol:

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

How is there not a bluehole smilie yet

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

In addition, the patch somehow broke the API that gets sent to third party sites (like FaceIt). This has caused no matches to be reported as completed since servers came back up late Tues/Wed. So, our "in progress" matches look like this right now:

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

George H.W. oval office posted:

How is there not a bluehole smilie yet

its still in alpha

anyone else notice that you now are facing the direction of the plane when you jump again?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Dungeon Ecology posted:

anyone else notice that you now are facing the direction of the plane when you jump again?

Yes, and if you rotate the camera to the right side of the plane and press F before you are able to leave the plane, it will reset the camera to be directly in front of/behind the plane.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it
If only they had another server that they allowed people to play on to verify that everything is working before pushing an update to the "live" server. A sort of "test" server if you will.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

A couple of nights ago since the servers were down for the patch I tried the test server. The dune buggy glitch was hilarious. Once a second person jumped in the speed was severely limited. A friend is telling me that made it to the official patch?

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

DangerZoneDelux posted:

A couple of nights ago since the servers were down for the patch I tried the test server. The dune buggy glitch was hilarious. Once a second person jumped in the speed was severely limited. A friend is telling me that made it to the official patch?

It did that to me too. I was driving in sand on Mirmar, as soon as I hit the pavement it corrected itself. It was raining when it happened so I just joked that we got stuck in the mud :v:

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Once a second person jumped in the speed was severely limited.

Was this second person a standard-sized goon?

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

lol game quality has declined sharply for me since the patch. seems like i'm getting paired with a much higher percentage of non-English speaking teammates than before.
one round when i was doing particularly well, the server-side just crashed: my team could all speak to one another but we all looked like we were running in place. then a minute passed and the game hard locked.
last night I got a strange popup mid game about my game having corrupted files and that I should verify my install.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
This patch legitimately broke this game hard.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I played like 5 games or so yesterday and one featured me loading in to have all of my buttons mapped incorrectly. Like W was left strafe and I couldn't even find where it remapped the fire button. Exiting to lobby and restarting fixed it but it was bizzare.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Dungeon Ecology posted:

lol game quality has declined sharply for me since the patch. seems like i'm getting paired with a much higher percentage of non-English speaking teammates than before.
one round when i was doing particularly well, the server-side just crashed: my team could all speak to one another but we all looked like we were running in place. then a minute passed and the game hard locked.
last night I got a strange popup mid game about my game having corrupted files and that I should verify my install.

Same, it kept throwing me on servers over seas where my ping was over 100 and nobody spoke English. I actually looked for a server select in the options cause I thought I was on SA servers. In the few games where people did speak English people were reporting the key mapping being hosed up and one person said their game crashed to desktop but was able to just maximize it again. This update is all kinds of hosed.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Not to suddenly pop in with some dumb poo poo here but is there a spot to talk about Tencent's other BR game? Because I gave it a few matches and was real interested enough to buy the $3 Founder's Pack for it.

More or less PUBG, but in snow and with three "classes", with different abilities, starting weapons, and backpack capacities. Also can equip two different sights to one gun that can accept them. And no plane drop, just pick a spot and spawn right on the ground.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Turn on the 'Network Debug Statistics' so you can see your ping (its under Settings-->Gameplay-->Bottom of UI Options). This way, you can tell if your ping is 50 or 100 higher than normal so you know you're on the wrong server.

They've been releasing hotfixes to fix things since this week's patch (which is why shotguns work again), but I don't think the game has any kind of versioning control or way to tell users to update their clients, so I imagine that could be causing crashes if they release an update without telling anybody and you try to continue a play session with the old version.

But basically, everything is bad and this update seems like they want to kill this game.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Yeah I picked up real quick if my ping was over 100 to just leave and re-queue.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

widespread posted:

Not to suddenly pop in with some dumb poo poo here but is there a spot to talk about Tencent's other BR game? Because I gave it a few matches and was real interested enough to buy the $3 Founder's Pack for it.

More or less PUBG, but in snow and with three "classes", with different abilities, starting weapons, and backpack capacities. Also can equip two different sights to one gun that can accept them. And no plane drop, just pick a spot and spawn right on the ground.

RoE is honestly pretty fun!

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

CloFan posted:

RoE is honestly pretty fun!

The only fault I found in it is that you cant do drive bys on the snowboard. You can still shoot from the glider and ziplines(I think), why cant I do a 1080 while unloading my MP5 huh.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

widespread posted:

The only fault I found in it is that you cant do drive bys on the snowboard. You can still shoot from the glider and ziplines(I think), why cant I do a 1080 while unloading my MP5 huh.

This makes me miss SSX :(

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

Got my first solo chicken dinner finally after many many hours of playing and being bad. Feels good.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
If you guys haven't done the duo special event, you need to. Right now.

It's so loving hilariously fun. It's a mode they should keep.

Only grenades, melee weapons, and vehicles. The circle closes super fast, so it's 30 people in a tiny circle (The other 70 die trying to get there) doing clown car antics for 5 minutes. It's loving hilarious. The end becomes a push fest of cars as you instantly die in the blue while your team mate is chucking grenades and people are blowing up in their cars and blowing up more cars and then you car blows up and you jump into someone elses car and it blows up and you chuck more grenades and

Philthy fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 6, 2018

aqu
Aug 1, 2006

But Mooooooooom
The car only event mode is the most fun I've ever had with PUBG, it's awesome.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Event was confirmed fun. Hold your grenades until late game, its way too hard to hit anyone while just driving around early on.

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Filling the final circle with smokes is pretty funny also.

Molchane
Dec 13, 2014
not being able to swing melee weapons in cars and not being able to overcook nade in cars is stupid. if i want to run the gauntlet to get into another teams car i should be rewarded with glory.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Molchane posted:

not being able to swing melee weapons in cars and not being able to overcook nade in cars is stupid. if i want to run the gauntlet to get into another teams car i should be rewarded with glory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkfGNs8YLmY

"loool" ugh

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

Tried to play the event but could not get on a server in NA.

This update is really killing the game for me. ~10 minutes of trying to find a NA server with English speaking teammates and hoping they don't want to drop hot and die in under 5 minutes. I am all for 2 games an hour but not when it means half that time is trying to find a game.

Skyarb
Sep 20, 2018

MMMPH MMMPPHH MPPPH GLUCK GLUCK OH SORRY I DIDNT SEE YOU THERE I WAS JUST CHOKING DOWN THIS BATTLEFIELD COCK DID YOU KNOW BATTLEFIELD IS THE BEST VIDEO GAME EVER NOW IF YOULL EXCUSE ME ILL GO BACK TO THIS BATTLECOCK
Stupid question: has anyone here tried Ring of Elysium and how does it stack up to PUBG?

Apparently some people mentioned it above. What I cannot figure out is if RoE installs malware or a keylogger onto your system like a ton of people are claiming.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Skyarb posted:

Stupid question: has anyone here tried Ring of Elysium and how does it stack up to PUBG?

Apparently some people mentioned it above. What I cannot figure out is if RoE installs malware or a keylogger onto your system like a ton of people are claiming.

I've not heard of this and this game is such a hot topic right now, I'd assume it would be massive news.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Remember that time he shot the tires out of a UAZ that we needed to get into the circle after I carefully wiped the squad driving it????

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
Another night of losing big and winning small. Always post the wins. Here's one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KC-GAlu5Pdo

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Skyarb posted:

Well, there was a thing that was supposed to "accurately track" any issues. Was not that thought out, as it were. It has been removed, I think most of the reviews you saw were before October 5th (date when patch removed problem file). Plus they did some PR about it, grain of salt if you must.

Their post on the User Data.

Patch notes which removed problem executable.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

I just started playing a few days ago after a break of about 4 months or so. Did it get easier to kill people in that time? I feel like I'm getting melted by UMPs a lot quicker than before.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Lemon posted:

I just started playing a few days ago after a break of about 4 months or so. Did it get easier to kill people in that time? I feel like I'm getting melted by UMPs a lot quicker than before.

They didn't buff the UMP or nerf armor, that I know of. Maybe the lovely players who can't aim have quit playing? If you hit every shot, you will melt someone pretty fast even with the UMP.

(No, the lovely players didn't quit. I kill them all the time. I'm too bad to kill anyone else.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
https://giphy.com/gifs/1qf9X9T05Lav3GkmwM

I was trying to finish the guy that got downed for my SMG kill mission and his buddy just decided he felt like going through the spray too.

Soarer fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 13, 2018