Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ace Attorney season 2 begins its adaptation of the third game with the first case of the second game, which was skipped in season 1. It's weird at first, but makes sense as a reintroduction to the character as the third game began with a flashback.

Also, I'll probably make a thread after I'm done with this episode.

E: Here

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Oct 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
:toot:

quote:

Gyakuten Saiban: Sono "Shinjitsu", Igi Ari! Season 2 (Ace Attorney Season 2)
CloverWorks | Ayumu Watanabe | Atsuhiro Tomioka | Comedy, Drama, Mystery, Police | Video Game | Oct 6, 2018
Adaption of the Ace Attorney Video Game Series starting from the 3rd Game.
PV
Thread

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Julias posted:

Definitely not a surprise, but because there were people saying it might not be as bad as the manga, the first episode of Goblin Slayer indeed has onscreen rape in it.
...Did they at least animate the Goblin Slayer well?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Blhue posted:

there arent fish in space, beans

space is actually the only place fish are thank you very much!!!!!!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm in love with droopy-eyed mom's voice in Gridman

oh it's Haruko from FLCL, that explains it

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Grouchio posted:

...Did they at least animate the Goblin Slayer well?

"I know this thing has gratuitous rape exploitation in it...but was the gratuitous rape animated well?"

gently caress off.

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1048659425328812035

i haven't watched gridman yet but i wanted gridman not another goddamn love letter to eva

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Radiant is pretty dumb but at the moment I'm on board for bara grandpa

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I have admittedly never watched Eva but Gridman really reminded me of old-school Ultraman (which makes sense) which I loved as a kid. Looking forward to more.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

soon the spyce will be released

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Haha they literally take combat drugs called spice that come in the form of various spices.

The first criminals they bust are a gay couple and the second is a gang of muscle women and old punk ladies.

okay Spyce I'm on board

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Where is the spyce being released? Doesn't look like it's on crunchyroll unless I'm missing something.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Sindai posted:

I'm in love with droopy-eyed mom's voice in Gridman

oh it's Haruko from FLCL, that explains it

Midori Save-the-World?

Okay, yeah, I'm onboard.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

chumbler posted:

Where is the spyce being released? Doesn't look like it's on crunchyroll unless I'm missing something.

HIDIVE

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Julias posted:

"I know this thing has gratuitous rape exploitation in it...but was the gratuitous rape animated well?"

gently caress off.

were the other parts animated well

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
Hidive is getting everything I want to see this season and I hate it

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/Good_Haro/status/1048359855520731136

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
jingai

finally a womens romance thatu nderstands i feel like a weird fuckedu p monster all the time

too bad it was like 30 seconds long

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Parallax posted:

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1048659425328812035

i haven't watched gridman yet but i wanted gridman not another goddamn love letter to eva

The basic first episode premise seems to follow the classic Gridman/SSSS formula, though it's clear there's something more going on with the overall long-term plot so I chances of a Gainax mindfuck ending are high.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Even with my relatively limited knowledge of the original, I probably wouldn't even have considered it a twist if people hadn't been going "OH poo poo THERE'S GONNA BE SOME KINDA TWIST" but it seems kinda likely that (speculation) the world of anime Gridman is going to be revealed to some sorta digital world, right?

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

DisDisDis posted:

were the other parts animated well

I'm gonna be serious for a second.

Like, if you want to enjoy it, that's fine, but you shouldn't pretend it doesn't use rape and murder for cheap, exploitative schlock, or that this wouldn't be offensive to a bunch of people. That's all Goblin Slayer is- A power fantasy about THE GOBLIN SLAYER slaying goblins. The goblins like to murder people and rape women. Foolish party goes to kill goblins, get themselves killed/raped, and then THE GOBLIN SLAYER arrives to slay the goblins and admonish any survivors/victims. Rinse and Repeat.

Grouchio is obsessive about crap in a way that is completely tone deaf, and whenever people tell him he should stop doing something, he never learns and repeats the same mistakes over and over again.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

OnimaruXLR posted:

Even with my relatively limited knowledge of the original, I probably wouldn't even have considered it a twist if people hadn't been going "OH poo poo THERE'S GONNA BE SOME KINDA TWIST" but it seems kinda likely that (speculation) the world of anime Gridman is going to be revealed to some sorta digital world, right?

Quite possibly. I mean there's clearly something going there.

For initial twists though: (speculation but spoilered anyway) Given that in Gridman and SSSS, the monster maker was a student who created monsters for petty highschool revenge reasons, I'm guessing Akane is the one carving kaiju for the big bad. I mean, what with the kaiju going out of it's way to land a direct hit on volleyball girl who crushed Akane's hand earlier. Interesting enough that I'm going to keep watching to see where they go with it.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Spyce was the kinda of dumb action anime I like also all in on Spice being the super powered drug

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Twitter people not a fan of GS.

https://twitter.com/HiMyNameisChair/status/1048642486929948672

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Spyce was the kinda of dumb action anime I like also all in on Spice being the super powered drug

https://twitter.com/SheffCouncil/status/1046331316483104768

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Grouchio posted:

A OVERLORD TANYA KONOSUBA RE ZERO CROSSOVER!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-LpK5cdhGM

What in the everlasting gently caress is going on!? :catdrugs:
Re:Creators S2 sounds good.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
So far good shows:
Jojo (as always)
Akanesasu shoujo
Slime isekai
Bunny girl senpai
SSSS.gridman
Release the spyce

The first 2 minutes and 30 seconds of Zombieland was hilarious, even if it all goes downhill from here, I will not regret watching the first episode blind

Sword art online, I watched the first two series, so I'll probably watch this too. I miss psychotic tiny pink rabbit hopping murder girl and her even more psychotic murder friends from the funny spinoff already though.

Other:
ken en ken was ok but kind of clunky
space fishing was mediocre to bad
that vampire girl anime seems like mostly harmless fluff
radiant seems like really generic shounen, but so generic the jokes don't really land because you can see every punch line coming from like 30 years ago

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Goblin Slayer aka "Never Group Up With Noob Randoms" looks good.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Elite warriors all hopped up on spice? The Fedaykin have shorter skirts than i would have expected

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Release the SPYCE: Kinda fun, felt like a cutesy-er Princess Principal, which is what I figured it might be based on the PV. I'm not much of a "cute girls doing cute things" person in general but assuming it's not just a slice-of-life show with a spy gimmick they have a couple minutes of every week I'm on board for it.

Radiant: The OP basically just showed me a slideshow of a bunch of crazy shonen battle anime character designs and I am ALL ABOUT THAT. Give me the crazy shonen battle anime characters. First episode was a solid introduction and I am super into one-armed middle aged mentor lady with the huge hair. Was wondering if this was an original show and if not why I hadn't heard of the manga since it seems right up my alley, had no clue it was based on a French comic. That rules. Frenchime is real.

JoJo: i mean at this point you know whether you're in or not.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

a kitten posted:

Elite warriors all hopped up on spice? The Fedaykin have shorter skirts than i would have expected

Truly the Frank Herbert anime we need

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah spyce sort of reminds me of princess principal but with drugs. The balance of cute things vs espionage tilting steadily to cute things which I'm not necessarily a big fan of I'll give it a few episodes to see if its for me

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Goblin Slayer's of a lower budget than Unchi no Maid for visuals, remains to be seen if it runs like I remember the manga, doesn't it eagerly remind you that goblins rape human women to make new goblins at least twice an arc, across all spinoffs and redos and sidestories? Author, are you ok?

Gridman copies a load of Shin Godzilla clips but that was a blast of a first episode, worth all the hype leading up to it.

Spyce is real great but there has to be a downside to the drug. Are they going to Madoka ep3 this story beat?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

this seems overdramatic, even as someone with less than no interest in GS

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

this character seems cool

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Motto posted:

abesolute

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Motto posted:

yeah it's....kind of patronizing to me? obviously goblin slayer has issues and there are probably people tied to it that have complicated feelings about that, but it's still a job they are going to work their hardest at to make good. with how animation/direction/etc circulates now just as often in stills, webms, and gifs on sakugabooru etc, it's easy for stuff like that to exist and gain some appreciation that's a degree divorced from the nasty aspects of the source.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

please tell the teen girls not to smoke spice

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Huh, cr doesn't have Index for NA? I wonder if i care enough to look around for it. (or care enough to watch even if they did have it)

If i was even remotely current on the various things i want to watch I'm reasonably sure i would catch it, but now :effort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nobody has Index right now.