Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
6 Tugboats w/ deadman's switches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

StuG Jeebus posted:

But only if you fly them in a tight formation

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

StuG Jeebus posted:

There is a guy in Sydney running 7 and doing obnoxiously well.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Oicunn

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
TBF Tugboats are genuinely amazing.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

thespaceinvader posted:

TBF Tugboats are genuinely amazing.

This. You can do a lot lot worse than a low ps tugboat in your list now.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

Raged posted:

There is a guy in Sydney running 7 and doing obnoxiously well.

Surely 7 Zs with homing missiles is better.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

hoiyes posted:

You need locks to make the homing missiles work. Tugboats gonna gently caress you much more easily.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

With up to 14 tractor tokens flying around you just eat a giant pile of poo poo if you let them get within range one. They will move first in almost every game.

Also 7 Tugs will laugh at 7 damage

Raged fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Oct 6, 2018

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I have a Wave 1 Tournament coming up and I really haven't much thought into it since I am practising to lose horribly to some sort of swarm at Nats. Besides Fenn/L337/Boba what's working well?

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Raged posted:

With up to 14 tractor tokens flying around you just eat a giant pile of poo poo if you let them get within range one. They will move first in almost every game.

Also 7 Tugs will laugh at 7 damage

I think 6 tugs plus an escape craft to coordinate is probably better, even. Move, barrel roll into position with a tug, then coordinate the tractor effect.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Raged posted:

I have a Wave 1 Tournament coming up and I really haven't much thought into it since I am practising to lose horribly to some sort of swarm at Nats. Besides Fenn/L337/Boba what's working well?

Boba plus Guri is good. Han builds seem pretty good. I think a Fenn/Guri/something build would be strong too. There's a number of IG-88A plus a droid ship plus something with IG-88D crew running around too. Just make calculate tokens and shuffle them around. That one seems more gimmicky to me because I find myself wanting to take other actions a lot.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

Fenn Guri and Palob or 4LOM probably fits.

Trip aces defintiely want at least one 5 or 6 and at least one 6.

I've been doign Guri Palob and 4LOM and it's a really uphill struggle against higher init trip aces.

Is anyone at UKTC tomorrow?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Let's say a peculiar financially irresponsible gentleman just took the plunge and got his conversion kit and new core set. How does the meta is shaping to be, roughly? Are there peculiar list archetypes? Most importantly, is mah boi Katarn a good pick?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Kyle is great. Him plus Biggs is a solid as gently caress core for a list.

And a big ace or a bunch of generic stuff

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
This just came out

quote:

Just confirmed at Coruscant.

Standard organized play format will be called “Hyperspace”.

1) Points Balancing Twice a Year
2) Different Pools of ships available. So some ships will be removed and added. That also includes upgrades
3) Next points balance is in January, along with first list of Hyperspace Legal ships/upgrades

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Sounds pretty good.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

ConfusedUs posted:

Kyle is great. Him plus Biggs is a solid as gently caress core for a list.

And a big ace or a bunch of generic stuff

At long last... And dat Moldy Crow title!

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

ConfusedUs posted:

Sounds pretty good.

Tentatively exciting. As long as it doesn't just turn into a de facto ban list by another name. Rather see things balanced and not just unavailable. But without more info than this there's no indication one way or the other what they mean.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The rotation thing sounds dumb AF actually. It's just going to breed extremely stale metas.

And only 2 points adjustments a year? Weren't they hoping for 3-4 during their 2.0 announcement?

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Yeah quarterly with no rotation would be great, but if they only rotate out the dumb poo poo then maybe it could be OK.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
I'd be fine if they rotated out kimoglia fighters, wookiee poo poo, and k-wings. Get those fuglies outta mah game

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
Kimogila looks cool though? maybe you meant the IG-2000

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Would this hold hold water?
New Squadron

(38) Kyle Katarn
(12) Moldy Crow
(6) Stealth Device
(10) Perceptive Copilot
Points 66

(52) Wedge Antilles
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(2) Predator
(9) Proton Torpedoes
(3) R3 Astromech
(2) Munitions Failsafe
Points 68

(48) Biggs Darklighter
(8) R2-D2
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(2) Munitions Failsafe
(6) Adv. Proton Torpedoes
Points 64

Total points: 198

Iceclaw fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 6, 2018

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Had some fun with this today.

Infernal Reaper

(49) Major Vermeil
(1) Marksmanship
(6) Agent Kallus
(2) Tactical Officer
(4) Shield Upgrade
Points 62

(40) Iden Versio
(2) Predator
Points 42

(30) Gideon Hask
(2) Predator
Points 32

(30) Del Meeko
(3) Elusive
Points 33

(30) Seyn Marana
(1) Marksmanship
Points 31

Total points: 200

Del Meeko with Elusive is a fun little ship, as is Seyn with Marksmanship. Vermeil with Marskmanship and Kallus is a fairly reliable way to throw a crit at someone, and Iden’s pilot ability is clutch when you need to neuter an alpha strike.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

StuG Jeebus posted:

Kimogila looks cool though? maybe you meant the IG-2000

Kimos looko WAY better painted in good colours and imaginative patterns rather than mostly vomit brown.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I took Whisper, Duchess, and Redline to the monthly tournament today, and cleaned house! 3-0, baby!

https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galact...%20Redline&obs=

Round 1 vs Boba, Quadjumper, Nym

I won initiative and made the other guy first player. He set up Nym and the quad together in the middle, and Boba in one of the corners. I set Redline up to joust him, and spaced Whisper and Duchess about range 2 apart in the middle. He'd have to turn Nym to go for Duchess, dive into the rocks to get to Whisper, or turn in towards Redline. He went for Duchess, who just ailerons'd her way to the other side of the board to hide behind Redline. His biggest sin was being too cautious with Boba. When Boba turned away, hard, and kept going away, I swung Redline in to light up the quad and then Nym.

Redline took a decent amount of fire, and Whisper lost shields when I misjudged a decloak into 1-turn and ate both Redline's and Nym's bomb. However I was able to clean up Nym and the quad, leaving my whole list vs Boba. Redline escaped with 1hp left, and neither Duchess nor Whisper took any damage cards and thus didn't give up any points. 200-31

Round 2 vs Col. Jendon and 2x Init1 Defenders

He had collision detector and Krennic on the shuttle, and of the two, CD was by far the more valuable of the two. He was able to keep the shuttle in the fight several rounds in a row more than he should have. Krennic was mostly for the optimized prototype condition, which did let one of the defenders ping the shields off Whisper early in the game.

This was a real slugfest. He couldn't really hurt my ships (other than Redline), if he could shoot them at all, and I couldn't really hurt his (other than the shuttle) because of great defense dice and the mound of tokens that Defenders get. Most rounds ended with one or two damage being dealt to one side or the other, with one exception: I was able to box one of the defenders in, and finally finish it off. After that, though, both Redline and the shuttle were out of the fight, and the other defender stubbornly refused to die for ages. Redline was below half and Duchess got down to 1hp before I finally managed to finish it off. Shuttle wasn't below half when time was called. 144-60

Round 3 vs Guri, 4-LOM, IG-88A

I won initiative again, and made the other guy go first, but really this was a game that was decided by millimeters. Guri ended up just barely in range of all three of my ships with only a single calculate token. I was able to take out the token with Whisper, ping a couple damage through with Duchess, and finish her off with Redline. After that, it was mostly a done deal. There was no way the other two could get shots on my aces in a reliable fashion.

It still took a little while, just due to how much health they had. 4-LOM kept putting stress on Redline, so he couldn't turn around, although it did keep him from taking more damage. IG-88A only got a few shots in the entire game, being mostly out of range. I was able to put him down in the end. 200-0

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Watching Coruscant and Quad jumpers are just horrifying when you fly more than one.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Question about list building. What's the metric to determine how hard a list/ship hit/take punishment?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Iceclaw posted:

Question about list building. What's the metric to determine how hard a list/ship hit/take punishment?

I don't understand the question.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Sorry. What is considered a hard hitting ship, a solid ship, for example? What is used as reference for building a list?

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Iceclaw posted:

Sorry. What is considered a hard hitting ship, a solid ship, for example? What is used as reference for building a list?

Bigger numbers are better, basically. Bigger numbers for less cost is even better than that.

Most every ship is viable right now. There's nothing wrong with picking ships you like and fitting as many of them into a list as you can.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Alright, thanks. I kinda feel spoiled with choice, though, and I tend to build too janky lists, haha.

Iron_Chef
Sep 19, 2003
Chef of Iron

Iceclaw posted:

Would this hold hold water?
New Squadron

(38) Kyle Katarn
(12) Moldy Crow
(6) Stealth Device
(10) Perceptive Copilot
Points 66

(52) Wedge Antilles
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(2) Predator
(9) Proton Torpedoes
(3) R3 Astromech
(2) Munitions Failsafe
Points 68

(48) Biggs Darklighter
(8) R2-D2
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(2) Munitions Failsafe
(6) Adv. Proton Torpedoes
Points 64

Total points: 198

This is my take (lifted from here or Reddit) on that sqaudron. Only played the once with some success but I'm going to keep refining.

(52) Wedge Antilles
(3) Swarm Tactics
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(9) Proton Torpedoes
Points 64

(62) Luke Skywalker
(0) Servomotor S-foils
(9) Proton Torpedoes
(3) Heightened Perception
Points 74

(38) Kyle Katarn
(12) Moldy Crow
(2) Jyn Erso
(6) Proximity Mines
(3) Selfless
Points 61

Total points: 199

The idea is everyone is engaging at initiative 7 and 6 with the wangs shooting torps fully modded. If things look bad the HWK can jam, hand out an evade or selfless.

I tried flying as a brick, but as Luke is fully self contained Kyle and wedge can hang out while Luke does his own thing.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Drea Renthal (40)
Debris Gambit (2)
Dorsal Turret (4)

Tansarii Point Veteran (33)
Juke (4)

Tansarii Point Veteran (33)
Juke (4)

Jakku Gunrunner (28)

Jakku Gunrunner (28)

Binayre Pirate (24)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Played that one today, Scum Salad with Drea. It was pretty fun. I'd probably swap the two Sycks for 3 more Z's if I did it again. Tugboats are so dang fun.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

canyoneer posted:

Played that one today, Scum Salad with Drea. It was pretty fun. I'd probably swap the two Sycks for 3 more Z's if I did it again. Tugboats are so dang fun.

Yeah this is pretty good

Jakku Gunrunner (28)

Jakku Gunrunner (28)

Jakku Gunrunner (28)

Drea Renthal (40)
Dorsal Turret (4)

Binayre Pirate (24)

Binayre Pirate (24)

Binayre Pirate (24)

Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Tried this as a return to x wing joke list.
Blyat Squadron

(30) Phoenix Squadron Pilot
Points 30

Points 30

(23) Bandit Squadron Pilot
Points 23

Points 23

Points 23

(30) AP-5
(2) Jyn Erso
Points 32

(34) "Zeb" Orrelios
(5) Hull Upgrade
Points 39

It ended up being surprisingly good, as well. Being able to double tap evade through coordinate->focus->Jyn is fun.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Iceclaw posted:

Tried this as a return to x wing joke list.
Blyat Squadron

Points 30

Points 30

Points 23

Points 23

Points 23

(30) AP-5
(2) Jyn Erso
Points 32

(34) "Zeb" Orrelios
(5) Hull Upgrade
Points 39

It ended up being surprisingly good, as well. Being able to double tap evade through coordinate->focus->Jyn is fun.

Yeah! That looks like a lot of fun to fly.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

It really is. I like how support ships are a lot more viable, and how 2 dices is not utterly toothless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Now since Redline won Coruscant everyone seems to be drooling over him. I like him, but more and more I am finding I like two basic bombers with barrage rockets. Redline dies quickly to swarm focus fire. Two bombers have a much higher EHP with the 2 green dice and are stupidly manoeuvrable for what they are. Ignore them and they will wreck anything that has its tokens stripped. Focus on them and your other ships have a field day.