Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

milkman dad
Aug 13, 2007

How Rude posted:

You know the passive on deathcap is unique and doesn't stack, right? You bought the most expensive mage item for little value when you can double your damage by using zhonya's and having more cdr.

Seriously every single player that has a shred of awareness in this game knows CDR is one of the strongest stats in the game.

At this point I am wondering if enigma is just a lovely troll wasting all our time and getting attention by asking for advice and then immediately ignoring it.

We have told you this a million times but you still keep asking questions we have answered a million times

Sorry about wall of text it's just growing tiresome.

What kind of self-owning troll plays 1289 matches in a season? If he's truly trolling, he earned it.

Though now that you mention it, who else shares an 89 suffix?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RqhKxoWV-A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

milkman dad posted:

What kind of self-owning troll plays 1289 matches in a season? If he's truly trolling, he earned it.

Though now that you mention it, who else shares an 89 suffix?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RqhKxoWV-A

holy poo poo :eyepop: hes returned

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

duck trucker posted:

Every time Enigma ask for help the thread should just give tips and pointers on a completely different champion then he's asking.

a tip for vlad is his q puts you on your target but on each hit it targets an aoe from each target, bouncing up to 4 times: if your q kills your target, you do not move. this can be used to control where you end up blinking to. keep in mind your q cool down goes down with auto attacks... and your w, the pool, is an auto reset.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Volume warning for my obnoxious laugh but this play almost merited it!!

https://plays.tv/video/5baf1fc5542010648d/rammus-no-flash-645

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Those are some good changes to masteries. Previously there were a handful of tank champs who want resists over health because it lets them deal better with poke lanes since they have a shield that doesn’t scale off health. The infamous 100 armour lvl 1 malphite page for instance used to be a godsend against champs like pantheon.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Been seeing a lot of mid laners take teleport instead of ignite lately and I'm not sure entirely why. I guess it makes sense in a matchup where you are just doing your best to survive / trading is not going to be favorable, but I've seen it taken even where you would think the person would rather aggressively trade, get the kill, and then would have time to roam/back.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Pros been doing it so they can get back in lane faster and move around for ganks. Way more utility than ignite or what other option? Shield? Bleh.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

if you dont have kill pressure ignite is worthless and teleport is idiotically better than most combat summoners assuming you dont actually die

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Erdricks posted:

Been seeing a lot of mid laners take teleport instead of ignite lately and I'm not sure entirely why. I guess it makes sense in a matchup where you are just doing your best to survive / trading is not going to be favorable, but I've seen it taken even where you would think the person would rather aggressively trade, get the kill, and then would have time to roam/back.

Partly it's taken for rough matchups, but it's also taken in order to get favorable back timings, especially for champions that want to purchase stacking items or who have strong component spiked.

Here's a theoretical scenario: I'm playing Viktor, and I get enough gold (1225) to get my Hex Core upgrade and a Control Ward if I back. Hex Core is a monstrously good early item for Viktor due to the waveclear potential of evolved E. If I take Ignite, I have to ensure that the wave is fully pushed to the enemy turret before I get back or that my enemy is completely out of mana and cannot shove the wave in during the time it takes me to walk back to lane. Both of these scenarios, especially against good players, aren't guaranteed, especially if the enemy has a good early game jungler that can help them to push the wave up or threaten to cream you if you try and push all the way to turret.

Now, consider the same scenario, but with TP. You can push the wave to, say, a little past the middle of the lane, go back to your turret, get a safe back, purchase, and then TP back. Even if the enemy mid is spam shoving, it's unlikely you'll miss more than a minion or two. Moreover, if they can't shove it fast enough, you're now in an ideal position: you can shove the wave much harder than them (as you're likely close to full mana, full HP, and have an item advantage), can't be dueled by them until they go back and buy, and have a small vision advantage with your Control Ward. You can let the wave sit at your turret, freeze it, and repeatedly stop their backs until they trudge all the way to the safety of the inner side of outer turret. You can also force the wave into them until it crashes, then either roam to another lane or fake a roam. If they don't have vision of you (something easy to pull off with your Control Ward), and they choose to recall without TP to match, you can simply come back after faking and shove the entire incoming wave into their turret, forcing them to lose a wave of CS.

TP is very much a macro-oriented summoner. In general, it's best to only take it once you start to get a feeling for the importance of things like back timings and have a solid grasp on manipulating the wave. I might've argued otherwise at the start of the season, but with the change to Spellbook and the nerf to TP, you're at serious risk of running around with a 6 minute albatross around your neck if you choose TP over running Ignite or Barrier, both of which have more immediate and obvious applications.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I never played mid much but there are mids that absolutely want tp. I basically never ran ignite on veigar. Its like...why? Mash q until you can just press all your buttons and delete carries. If you're too behind to do that ignite won't help. If you're ahead then you don't need it. Early game can suck very badly and there's a high likelihood of getting bullied so getting back quick is handy.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

If you want to win generally speaking all you really have to do is farm your rear end off. It’s been a constant with the game for a long time and TP helps facilitate that.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

if you dont have kill pressure ignite is worthless and teleport is idiotically better than most combat summoners assuming you dont actually die

pretty much this

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
:thunk:

http://na.op.gg/summoner/userName=sumeragi

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Pantheon is sleeper op and has been for at least 3 seasons.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Definitely OP if a middling ADC main who has never played him before can play him 21 games in 2 days with an 86% win rate and improve his cs/min by 3.0 and an insane KDA

Or maybe

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Erdricks posted:

This is really annoying when you are on the receiving end of it. I get them low, and shove the wave. About to leave and the other person just tps back to middle and then I feel compelled to stay now. Then I am down on items and really need to get back but I don't want to miss a wave. :negative:

Gross.. :getin:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Miftan posted:

Pantheon is sleeper op and has been for at least 3 seasons.

Pantheon is one of those "win early or fall off a cliff and lose" champions and always has been.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Any tips for laning against orianna? I had never played against her before and got totally wrecked by how fast her ball comes out and the range on it. Originally I tried hanging back to safely clear and wait for her to throw her ball, but she was very disciplined with her ball use. Any time I tried to step up to CS it hit me like a lightning bolt. And after six if I tried to trade on her I would get yanked around by that drat ult and couldn't finish a kill.

Admittedly I was pretty tired and playing like crap in the first place and it got super frustrating super fast. It very well could be just that my micro sucked, but I felt like I could have had a better strategy considering how bad it went for a first time matchup.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Teikanmi posted:

Definitely OP if a middling ADC main who has never played him before can play him 21 games in 2 days with an 86% win rate and improve his cs/min by 3.0 and an insane KDA

Or maybe

Pantheon is a pretty common boosting champ. Consistent, fast games, and map pressure.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Erdricks posted:

It very well could be just that my micro sucked,

No, that's about it. Play a few games of Orianna yourself if you can afford her, even just in normals, so that you can get a feel for the speed at which the Ball moves. Once you do, you simply have to watch the Ball's current position and estimate if you have sufficient time to sidestep/bait out her Q or if you need to cede CS.

Orianna is trickier than most other mids to lane against because your focus is split between both her position and the position of the Ball. It's something you gradually get used to the more you play against her.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Is it worth doing a custom AI game where you can set your opponent to practice new matchups?

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Erdricks posted:

Is it worth doing a custom AI game where you can set your opponent to practice new matchups?

Not really. AI will never play to their strengths and act more aggressively than intentional feeders.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Erdricks posted:

no but it is worth it to do custom ai games to practise mechanics and mentally take note of your dps

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions
AI matches are really just for practising CS and combos on a new champion, both of which I just do in normals, consequences be damned

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Fun fact for the day. When you are pyke and enemies get at or below the threshold so they can die to your ult, their healthbar glows red.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Another awesome tip: If you right click the ground, your unit will find a path to that position and move along it

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

strong bird posted:

Another awesome tip: If you right click the ground, your unit will find a path to that position and move along it

I don't think you realize how some people dont know about Pyke's ult. I was playing with a diamond player who didnt even know so I thought I would share. I had no idea until I played him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

honestly every execute should work that way but its better to have a byzantine system that they cane korean teenagers to learn

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

honestly every execute should work that way but its better to have a byzantine system that they cane korean teenagers to learn

fun fact: when you are able to ult people as the ultimate champion, Lee singed, an arrow will point to any airborn enemies so you can use stand united on them

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

pog boyfriend posted:

fun fact: when you are able to ult people as the ultimate champion, Lee singed, an arrow will point to any airborn enemies so you can use stand united on them

lmao

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Liandry's buff was real nice for Malz

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
https://www.twitch.tv/dauntevicknabb

back in true elo hell yet again (p1 with d5 mmr players who are half boosted)

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Okay how can user N1g3rF4gg0t (EUW) not be banned yet. Riot, it's not hard...

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Dancer posted:

Okay how can user N1g3rF4gg0t (EUW) not be banned yet. Riot, it's not hard...

There are so many like this on NA. Sometimes it's the group or clan or whatever name and I report them all the goddamn time but I have never gotten the pop up notice for any punishment. If 'human being friend of the family' is said in chat i sometimes get the notice after a report but never have for an offensive name or tag

Riot really sucks hard on this one

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the last time i fought irelia i died trying to ult her stun and king cob web said i should have ulted her ult instead, so the next time we fought i tried it and i am legit proud of this one lads so i had to share it

https://plays.tv/s/Lv_c3sF34UsG

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
ayyyyyyy

https://euw.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-820-notes

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
That new Ezreal W looks broken as gently caress.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
http://www.surrenderat20.net/2018/10/pbe-preview-kda-ahri-akali-evelynn-kaisa.html

Yasuo players are confused why K/DA is more than one

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Some pretty "eh" changes. Guess it's good to not rock the boat too much when preseason's (kind of) just around the corner since they're presumably going to have a bunch of weird new changes to add.

Seems I've strangely become a Kai'Sa, Akali, Evelynn, and Ahri main? Anyone else suddenly have this problem??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

after years of almost never playing a champion two games in a row im a kai'sa one trick now. i guess i just had to find a champ i like to play so i dont get bored