Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

John Wick + Bonesy is the true power combo.

Should've been an empty Bonesy carrier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I just started playing regularly again (the battle pass is so good), and have been having trouble with the "regain health from a cozy campfire" challenge. Either not finding one, or not getting injured at all/without also immediately being killed.

I finally managed to take just a little fall damage toward the end of a 50v50, found a campfire just sitting around, and THEN the storm passed overhead so I was sitting there constantly regenerating health, feeling amazed at how my luck lined up.

Then the Victory Royale came in when I had one point left to complete the challenge.

Also, did they change anything about Soaring 50's? It feels like a lot of things that I used to be able to jump off of and use the glider, now I jump and wind up taking fall damage/getting downed because the prompt never shows up, or it shows up and pressing the button doesn't actually work in time. Did I miss an update, or did I just become a doofus when it comes to judging "soar-able" heights?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Should've been an empty Bonesy carrier.

:hai:

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Just pushed on someone sniping me by ramping up a bit placing a chiller than jumping off and tony hawk's pro skater style sliding on em to shotgun em

edit: switch players have had months of shield surfing practice for this item

SaberToothedPie fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Oct 6, 2018

Hamburlgar
Dec 31, 2007

WANTED

Mukaikubo posted:

These last two challenges are tilting me off the side of the world

ALL I WANT IS A HEAVY SNIPER OR A SUPPRESSED AR, FORTNITE, I'VE DONE NOTHING BUT OPENED CHESTS IN POORLY TRAVELED AREAS ALL MORNING :(

edit: I mean that literally. For two hours I've been grinding soaring 50s by going to high-chest points of interest way away from anyone else and opening a dozen chests, then getting to the circle to see if anyone dropped either of those (never), and then yolo charging the enemy to die ASAP and then repeat. I haven't seen either of the weapons I need to be done with this damned week for the entire morning and I'm all caps mad bro

Well there's your problem!

Hang around the outskirts of the circle with your team mates and hunt care packages. By the time it gets down to the final 20 or so on either team, there will be plenty of loot sitting around to snag a heavy sniper or silenced SCAR.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Mukaikubo posted:

These last two challenges are tilting me off the side of the world

ALL I WANT IS A HEAVY SNIPER OR A SUPPRESSED AR, FORTNITE, I'VE DONE NOTHING BUT OPENED CHESTS IN POORLY TRAVELED AREAS ALL MORNING :(

edit: I mean that literally. For two hours I've been grinding soaring 50s by going to high-chest points of interest way away from anyone else and opening a dozen chests, then getting to the circle to see if anyone dropped either of those (never), and then yolo charging the enemy to die ASAP and then repeat. I haven't seen either of the weapons I need to be done with this damned week for the entire morning and I'm all caps mad bro

I honestly don't think I've found a single sniper out of a chest all week. Really feels like something is hosed with the drop rate. Though a decent tip is to check vending machines.

Parasol Prophet posted:

Also, did they change anything about Soaring 50's? It feels like a lot of things that I used to be able to jump off of and use the glider, now I jump and wind up taking fall damage/getting downed because the prompt never shows up, or it shows up and pressing the button doesn't actually work in time. Did I miss an update, or did I just become a doofus when it comes to judging "soar-able" heights?

You're not alone. They messed something up. Never not build a ramp before jumping off anything vaguely sloped.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Oct 6, 2018

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I love the hunting rifle in theory, but man am I bad with it

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Fortnite action figures are coming:

They're being made by McFarlane Toys, so unlike Overwatch Figmas that cost like $80 each, the Fortnite figures should be reasonably affordable.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

I'm tempted to order some Fortnite funkopops if they are at most $20/piece and can be found on Amazon.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Have funkopops ever been ~$20? I've always seen them for like $10 and below. The only ones I've seen that were a bit more expensive were like the oversized pops (D.Va, Reinhardt).

The McFarlane Fortnite figures will probably be around $20 I think.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

teagone posted:

Have funkopops ever been ~$20? I've always seen them for like $10 and below. The only ones I've seen that were a bit more expensive were like the oversized pops (D.Va, Reinhardt).

The McFarlane Fortnite figures will probably be around $20 I think.

I don't know how much they are supposed to cost, I just know what they visually are and how much I am ready to spend at one in the worst case scenario. The first time I saw a funkopop IRL was just last year, when our then-new coworker furnished his workstation with a few Star Wars funkos.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Parasol Prophet posted:

I just started playing regularly again (the battle pass is so good), and have been having trouble with the "regain health from a cozy campfire" challenge. Either not finding one, or not getting injured at all/without also immediately being killed.

I finally managed to take just a little fall damage toward the end of a 50v50, found a campfire just sitting around, and THEN the storm passed overhead so I was sitting there constantly regenerating health, feeling amazed at how my luck lined up.

Jump into 50v50, when you find a campfire early in the match place it down and build a 4-5 high ramp, jump off -> go to your campfire -> repeat. :smug:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

cinci zoo sniper posted:

I'm tempted to order some Fortnite funkopops...

:yikes:

Dude

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Reddit_funkopop_wife_contract.txt

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh :laffo: no, out of 14 that they have announced I like 4 and want actually just 1.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Galaxy brain idea: Redeemable codes for now-unavailable skins included in the box. Blood will be shed in toy shops across the world.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Reddit_funkopop_wife_contract.txt

*parents of a kids friend 3 weeks after wave one*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erXDD3ge_CU

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Never Funko ever

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Have bolt, scar, rpg, and heavy shotgun. 1 utility slot. Wwyd? I had 50s but found a rift in a bottle, the ultimate get out of jail free IMO. Had to take the rift.,

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

codo27 posted:

Have bolt, scar, rpg, and heavy shotgun. 1 utility slot. Wwyd? I had 50s but found a rift in a bottle, the ultimate get out of jail free IMO. Had to take the rift.,

In solos? I would honestly drop RPG for rift.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Professor Shark posted:

Never Funko ever

They're cheap trinkets that have a figure for almost everyone's interest. Let people enjoy things tbh.

Hi. Im Leeroy
Oct 8, 2008

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Jump into 50v50, when you find a campfire early in the match place it down and build a 4-5 high ramp, jump off -> go to your campfire -> repeat. :smug:

Nah. Just set a bonfire inside the storm.Each one is good for 50 health.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

In solos? I would honestly drop RPG for rift.

RPG is a game winner on the last 3-4...

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

teagone posted:

They're cheap trinkets that have a figure for almost everyone's interest. Let people enjoy things tbh.
they look terrible

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

jackhunter64 posted:

Galaxy brain idea: Redeemable codes for now-unavailable skins included in the box. Blood will be shed in toy shops across the world.

I love this idea so much. Also the sachrine alternative where nerdlingers buy out the entire stock for the codes and donate the toys for Christmas.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

tinkerballz posted:

RPG is a game winner on the last 3-4...

RPG is not a necessity, by far, and it shows with meta loadout (in solos) basically being AR+SMG+Shotgun+Utility+Defense, where utility slot priorities are mobility>defense>>snipers/splodes. I don't remember last time I faced a strong opponent with RPG, or when I used one myself. Literally "just shoot them lol".

If you really insist, however, you can glitch the rift and fly away with your RPG intact. Might need a little bit of practice.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm just so jaded, even though I know they are bad, from getting killed in CQC by them. And I hate the randomness of the grenade launcher, I guess overall you can do without explosives but I prefer to destroy rather than build. I know that isn't the textbook strategy, and I guess it shows.

A Bakers Cousin
Dec 18, 2003

by vyelkin
So I found a Llama in a tree today. Wasn't aware they could be stuck in trees.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Lol I think this is a bug that was patched put once.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
4 elims, down to me and one last guy. they're building around a bunch but can't get a clear shot at me because I just keep chasing. Eventually they drop down and I hit them with the first shot of my purple double barrel and immediately die with 100 shields and 61 health to a single hit from their tac shotty. They survived with 30 health and would've been toast if my second shot got off in time. :sigh:

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Llamas are placed by the same mechanism that the supply drops work by - they drop from the sky. It just happens that llamas move instantly. They can land on top of anything at all on the map, including trees, inside unclimbable hillsides, etc.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I think I've found them in weird locations more often than normal flat ones. Some interesting ones lately though. There is a little pen outside the lowest house in Mexico or whatever you want to call it, there was one in there the other day which looked pretty funny, like a farm animal. One right outside the big spider in Pleasant yesterday. I still cant find a loving heavy sniper to get that challenge

I realize it would be a big shift in mechanics, but drat they really need the shoulder switch like in Uncharted. Too often I get in situations where someone is able to see and shoot at me but I cant return fire. And then theres times like just now where I'm in a house and someone is in a 1x1 room with a ramp inside. I calmly place the crosshair on their head, but I can only hit the ramp. Just doesn't seem right to me

Nullsmack
Dec 7, 2001
Digital apocalypse

Parasol Prophet posted:

Then the Victory Royale came in when I had one point left to complete the challenge.
Yeah, I didn't think about it until I almost had the challenge done. The pro strat is to go sit in the storm if you can find the campfire in the first place.

I had one point left when I was trying to do the AR challenge and it was super frustrating. Especially since the stages don't change until you are done with a match. I was dumb in that instance though. I downed someone and instead of trying to shoot them more with the AR, I switched to my hunter rifle to try to get damage with it. Then I think a dozen players from the other team dog-piled me. Probably all wanting my rifle for their challenges.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I just finished the campfire challenge, I was fighting my own team to get supply drops and then jumping off stuff to heal.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Definitely my favorite new taunt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbF4J8O9Aik

Also I'd love to do stuff like this with a bunch of goons in the future:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbcQO4Eu8pk

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 8, 2018

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

That t-pose emote got me the first time I saw someone using it. I thought the game was glitching.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Apologies to my team mate who I shot the ramp out from under, then built a little fortress around to keep other team mates from healing until he died. It was an experiment to see if I could get kill pts from taking out team mates. It turns out you can't though knocking down and healing team mates is still valid

Mongoose
Jul 7, 2005

codo27 posted:

If you're already 100/100hp, pop the rift and pick up the remaining item before it teleports you. Fly over to high ground in the next circle if it's late game or drop on highground above someone and rocket down for free materials / traps / heals.

Today an email went out with a season 5 recap. It's pretty interesting since we don't have any stats on switch but they send out a stat email...turns out I got 171 victory royales. Unfortunately it seems like switch games are now full of streamers(??) which means they must be playing on ps4/pc with controllers, since there's no streamer option on switch and the setting doesn't carry over between platforms. Sucks to play on average 20 fps hardware against 60fps consoles. I guess a PC purchase is in my future.

Mongoose fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Oct 9, 2018

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

Mongoose posted:

Today an email went out with a season 5 recap. It's pretty interesting since we don't have any stats on switch but they send out a stat email...turns out I got 171 victory royales.

I guess I played way more 50v50 than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

interpunct posted:

I guess I played way more 50v50 than I thought.

I wish I could see all the stats instead of the ones it selected to send me. I love stats. I want spreadsheets filled with stats.