Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I like how they keep the jojo in his name with giogio, but it also has the io from DIO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I have so many questions about the picture in Giorno's wallet. Mainly because it's a picture of DIO posing seductively in the darkness.

Did DIO make a naked selfie for Gio's mom? Did Gio just steal his father's naked selfie to carry around in his wallet? :psyduck:

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I have so many questions about the picture in Giorno's wallet. Mainly because it's a picture of DIO posing seductively in the darkness.

Did DIO make a naked selfie for Gio's mom? Did Gio just steal his father's naked selfie to carry around in his wallet? :psyduck:

Dio used the spirit photo power copied from Joseph's stand to take a selfie so he could see what Joseph was seeing and prepare, probably

and then handed off the copy to Gio's mom I guess

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If I had any kind of editing skill, I'd turn this into a picture of Jotaro.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or has Koichi somehow gotten smaller in two years

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

https://www.instagram.com/p/BomJ02eF0Zp/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=djbt2aytho9y

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

This is good.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

you don't have a sexy picture of your dad in your wallet? for shame

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

MioMio's Bizzare Adventure

Giatto Miaonna

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

track day bro! posted:

Is it just me or has Koichi somehow gotten smaller in two years

The slightly more mature face and art style change for this part just makes how tiny he is stand out even more.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I never realized until now that Haruno Shiobana sounds like Giorno Giovana

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I like how Koichi was grilling Giorno for looking like a school kid when Giorno offered a ride.
loving Koichi of all people.

I've forgotten about a lot of part 5, same as with every other part when I watched the anime, but I remember Bruno being the loving best and I love him.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

It's Jotaro who never has good lines.

"Here's your receipt." :colbert:

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...

TheLoneStar posted:

He should've sent Tonio Trussardi over.

I thought of this too but what is his stand gonna do, heal any newfound enemies?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/SSBPorygon/status/1048498626731814912

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I raise you
https://twitter.com/KingMemeson/status/1048501521737035777

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Zwiebel posted:

I like how Koichi was grilling Giorno for looking like a school kid when Giorno offered a ride.

Koichi is actually older than Giorno, right?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Giorno is 15 and Koichi is 18.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Zwiebel posted:

I've forgotten about a lot of part 5, same as with every other part when I watched the anime, but I remember Bruno being the loving best and I love him.

Bruno has the best Stand fights, maybe in the series of a single secondary character.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Can't believe that Koichi is going to be come the worlds shortest mafia member

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

track day bro! posted:

Can't believe that Koichi is going to be come the worlds shortest mafia member

He really steals...

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No dignity

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

You don't need dignity when you've got respect.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
The face-licking really should have been longer and hyper-detailed. I was hoping for some dramatic pupil-dilation.

But then Bruno licks his lips.....

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Gonna read the manga alongside the anime, I think. I loving love Jojo.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
other than them not putting in koichis turbo shiteating smirk when he's walking up behind gio in the car, wonderful episode

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

can't wait for Cruel Angel's Thesis 2

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Cruel Angel’s Thesis 3. Bloody Stream was also written by the guy who wrote that. :v:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the upcoming part 5 op is only the second time the two people involved with cruel angel's thesis have worked together

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It seems like the protagonists just get sleazier and sleazier the further the series goes on and I really like it. Does this trend continue?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

better call saul is an adaptation of part 7

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Part 6's protagonist is a rowdy dirty girl and part 7's has canonically been in a threesome.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
That sounds really good

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

ChaosArgate posted:

Cruel Angel’s Thesis 3. Bloody Stream was also written by the guy who wrote that. :v:

Coda is performing the part 5 op but they didnt write it

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Honestly yeah, every JoJo gets progressively more and more out of their mind and progresses more and more into criminal territory

Stairmaster posted:

better call saul is an adaptation of part 7
I dont understand this but i havent seen season 4 yet

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

tweet my meat posted:

It seems like the protagonists just get sleazier and sleazier the further the series goes on and I really like it. Does this trend continue?

Josuke is the weird exception to the rule being easily the second nicest Jojo after Jonathan, but yes, don't expect any Jojo from Joseph onwards to be a pure and good soul. They're all varying degrees of rear end in a top hat, which is what makes them greatly entertaining to watch, Araki has no issues with having a protagonist that's clearly heavily flawed and sometimes twists those flaws into actual strength, and it works, because Araki is an insanely good writer.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'll have you know that the jojo of part 7 is a very special and nice boy

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

tweet my meat posted:

I haven't read part 5 or 6 so I only have a limited impression of Giorno but so far he seems to be a continuation of the "bad boy with a heart of gold" characterization of Josuke and to a lesser extent, Jotaro.

Johnny in part 7 is more of an inversion of this. At first he seems like an innocent goodboy but then you find out about his past and throughout part 7 he's shown as a flawed, imperfect individual. He 's selfish and has a dark streak but it's nuanced enough that he never comes off as an edgelord antihero. He's just human.

Pomplamoose fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Oct 8, 2018

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Finally got around to watching it. Is it just me, or does Jotaro sound different?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah I thought so too but it's still Daisuke Ono, he was just speaking softer

Pomplamoose posted:

Johnny in part 7 is more of an inversion of this. At first he seems like an innocent goodboy but then you find out about his past and throughout part 7 he's shown as a flawed, imperfect individual. He 's selfish and has a dark streak but it's nuanced enough that he never comes off as an edgelord antihero. He's just human.
I agree with you and I love Johnny but watch your posts, pal