Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Fowl posted:

How many seconds will it take for one of these people to make Aqua cry?

It's not a question of if, but when and who.

Albedo is gonna probably be the first, because she is gonna have a grudge against Aqua for having anti-undead powers and she is a mere god compared to the supreme beings, who have slain such things before (in the mmo).
And Albedo is probably going to be the most beautiful girl in the room, and she can and will probably lord her supreme being-given assets over aqua's petite assets.

If not her, then Tanya with her grudge against god will do so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Raxivace posted:

If I liked Re:Zero and KonoSuba, are those other two shows worth watching?

What I've seen of Tanya is fun.

A ruthless Tokyo hatchetman poo poo-talks God as he dies, so he's reincarnated as a Magical Girl in alternate universe WWI. Flashman and Cain style difficulties in finding a nice, safe posting away from the front ensue, only instead of having an affable scumbag or an actually heroic sort, Tanya's the sort of person who writes papers on how the latest plan technically isn't a war crime.

But, really. Peaceloving and calm person. We swear.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Tanya just wants a cushy post in the rear lines where she can kick back and really enjoy her new life in [definitely not nazi Germany] but God is a spiteful cock and has essentially forced her to become the magical equivalent of the unholy fusion of Joan of Arc and the Red Baron.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

chiasaur11 posted:

What I've seen of Tanya is fun.

A ruthless Tokyo hatchetman poo poo-talks God as he dies, so he's reincarnated as a Magical Girl in alternate universe WWI. Flashman and Cain style difficulties in finding a nice, safe posting away from the front ensue, only instead of having an affable scumbag or an actually heroic sort, Tanya's the sort of person who writes papers on how the latest plan technically isn't a war crime.

But, really. Peaceloving and calm person. We swear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRGthndABZE

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

SpazmasterX posted:

Tanya just wants a cushy post in the rear lines where she can kick back and really enjoy her new life in [definitely not nazi Germany] but God is a spiteful cock and has essentially forced her to become the magical equivalent of the unholy fusion of Joan of Arc and the Red Baron.

It's WW1, not WW2. They're not Nazis, thankfully, because hooooly poo poo would it be super uncomfortable if they were.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Saga of tanya the evil light novel has occasional interludes taking place in a postwar 'present' where some journalists try to figure out this mystery of a unknown mage unit not in records and the 'devil of the rhine'.

Tanya was so monstrous that all sides after the war decided to forget her and classified/hid/destroyed records of her.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Pharohman777 posted:

The Saga of tanya the evil light novel has occasional interludes taking place in a postwar 'present' where some journalists try to figure out this mystery of a unknown mage unit not in records and the 'devil of the rhine'.

Tanya was so monstrous that all sides after the war decided to forget her and classified/hid/destroyed records of her.

Well thats just speculation i think. Its possible she simply had enough influence at the end of the war to just ask everyone forget her. Its still unclear why shes a big secret really.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Kanos posted:

It's WW1, not WW2. They're not Nazis, thankfully, because hooooly poo poo would it be super uncomfortable if they were.

It's actually kinda fun to spot the little references to actual WW1 that the author sprinkles in.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Mr. Fowl posted:

How many seconds will it take for one of these people to make Aqua cry?

It's not a question of if, but when and who.

I'd put the Over/under at 3.7 seconds.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Iretep posted:

Well thats just speculation i think. Its possible she simply had enough influence at the end of the war to just ask everyone forget her. Its still unclear why shes a big secret really.

Or some petty dickhead god went around suppressing it all so Tanya wouldn't get the credit deserved.

Kazuma and Tanya will get along just fine :allears:

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Pretty sure that dickhead god would just kill Tanya in a 'final destination' style if she ever made it out.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Aqua, Albedo and Ainz is gonna be comedy gold, I tell you

Triple-A comedy

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Pharohman777 posted:

Albedo is gonna probably be the first, because she is gonna have a grudge against Aqua for having anti-undead powers and she is a mere god compared to the supreme beings, who have slain such things before (in the mmo).
And Albedo is probably going to be the most beautiful girl in the room, and she can and will probably lord her supreme being-given assets over aqua's petite assets.

If not her, then Tanya with her grudge against god will do so.

Tanya's more likely to succeed. Aqua lives in a house with Darkness and doesn't worry about her breast size. (Honestly, seeing her around Darkness is the only reason you could describe her setup as petite). The god bit is tricky too, because Kazuma has played MMOs, and that background basically just means Ainz is a lovely loser NEET like Scumzuma. (Him actually having a job will do nothing to dissuade Aqua's logic.)

Tanya, meanwhile, shits on gods in general, and doesn't have any easy levers for Aqua to assert her superiority.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

I just can't wait for Visha to get suckered into joining the axis cult.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Aqua and Tanya are natural allies in being lazy and trying to avoid danger.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

I look forward to isekai carnival phantasm.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
If I recall, aren't the Konosuba and Re:Zero authors buddies IRL?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The Youjo Senki and Overlord authors are also real life friends.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Aqua and Ainz will get on like a match and a crate of dynamite.

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

paragon1 posted:

Aqua and Ainz will get on like a match and a crate of dynamite.

Aren't undead attracted to her constantly-leaking divine power? How is Albedo going to take that?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ainz's huge inventory of equipment and odd gatcha items is gonna provide plenty of gag opportunities, especially if Kazuma steals one of of Ainz's inventory items and accidentally activates it.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Pharohman777 posted:

The Youjo Senki and Overlord authors are also real life friends.

Same with Overlord and Log Horizon. And Overlord and Sword Princess Altina. I'm not sure how true it is, but apparently they had (or have?) a big Isekai Author D&D game going on.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Vengarr posted:

Same with Overlord and Log Horizon. And Overlord and Sword Princess Altina. I'm not sure how true it is, but apparently they had (or have?) a big Isekai Author D&D game going on.

I just made a joke about this in the Overlord thread. gently caress yeah, TRPGs.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

which one of these other isekais are as funny as Konosuba?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Carlosologist posted:

You mean between the other 3 members of the upcoming Isekai Quartet, meaning Re:Zero, Youjo Senki and Overlord?

Not really, since they all have their own sub-genre.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Yeah none of them are really comedies except some of the darker humor of Tanya.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Carlosologist posted:

The other shows attempt a more serious or darker take on the genre. Which is why its going to be fun watching them interact with the Konosuba gang.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Can't wait to see Subaru swallowed by a giant frog.

e: :getin:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
wow that is gonna be tonally weird.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
It should only show the loops where Subaru makes it through, from everyone else's perspective. So he just randomly becomes way more skilled and always has an idea of what is going on and knows your name despite just meeting.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

paragon1 posted:

It should only show the loops where Subaru makes it through, from everyone else's perspective. So he just randomly becomes way more skilled and always has an idea of what is going on and knows your name despite just meeting.

Aqua should notice, since she's a goddess, but no-one believes her because she's Aqua.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Wark Say posted:

You mean between the other 3 members of the upcoming Isekai Quartet, meaning Re:Zero, Youjo Senki and Overlord?

Not really, since they all have their own sub-genre.

oh got you, seems like they're worth watching anyway so I'm gonna add those to the backlog

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Carlosologist posted:

oh got you, seems like they're worth watching anyway so I'm gonna add those to the backlog
Pretty much, yeah. Also, while Overlord and Youjo Senki can be fun despite comedy not being their main genre, I would recommend you to be somewhat careful with Re:Zero because, while I'm not about to spoil it for you, it does have some elements of Horror which... y'know, aren't just there for show.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Tanya's god is somehow even pettier than Aqua

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Cao Ni Ma posted:

No one is prettier than Aq---

nvm, carry on

a kitten fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Oct 8, 2018

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Mokinokaro posted:

Yeah none of them are really comedies except some of the darker humor of Tanya.

tanya the evil is very, very funny though when its not bleak as hell

also the most accurate depiction of being a military officer i've seen

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

a kitten posted:

No one is prettier than Aq---

nmv, carry on

Being X pads its chest.

Arianya
Nov 3, 2009

Overlord is comedic at times, especially when you're facepalming over the poo poo that Momonga is thinking or at the actions of characters who are overly-confident given what the viewer knows.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

paragon1 posted:

Nah, go full Kenny and have him die horribly all the time and pop right back like nothing happened and nobody caresnotices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I am sure Tanya will love mentally abusing Aqua as she is proof that while their may be divine beings, that does not mean that they deserve to be worshiped.