Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins
This poll is closed.
Khabib 63 43.15%
Conor 24 16.44%
The fans 59 40.41%
Total: 146 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Dominic is absolutely sick of seeing violence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Khabib aside, the dude who attacked Conor should be banned.

Last time it was 9 month suspensions.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

deathbagel posted:

They'll strip the title for sure.

Dude destroyed Connor then destroyed his career. Big night for him!

No way. Khabib’s drawing power just went way up. When Nate wins next month they’ll be matched up and it would sell very well.

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006

Bape Culture posted:

“Kids are watching this is very bad”

- genius Americans living in a country where thousands of school children are murdered lmao

Go to bed already.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Tim Whatley posted:

Yeah the red shirted fucker at the very least should be charged and banned

I think Rogan was saying that was Zuba, he's got a fight coming up vs Artem Lobov.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Of all the bizarre poo poo, I'm still amazed that Khabib droppped Conor like that in the standup, never would've expected that to happen.

It reminded me of Sonnen-Silva I

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Actually punching bullies in the mouth is a real good lesson for kids to learn.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Reddit is convinced red shirt punchman was a teammate of Khabibs- an upcoming headliner in Moncton. Didn’t read the name quickly enough

fart barterer
Aug 24, 2006

David Byrne - Like Humans Do (Radio Edit).mp3

henkman posted:

idk why everyone is thinking this is a work rather than violent dumbasses full of adrenaline doing stupid poo poo

Because they brought him back in the ring / get didn't get arrested by all the cops that jumped on him after witnessing an assault?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's kinda hard to be sympathetic to Conor considering how awful he is as a person, the poo poo he's pulled on people, and his inability to spend a single round in that fight not cheating.

McGregor was fighting for the freedom of gay Chechens everywhere

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

this all ruled and this is what we're all here for

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Southpaw posted:

Go to bed already.

You shouldn’t be watching violent sports lol

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

sportsgenius86 posted:

If they let them fight again it is breaking 2 million buys.

i don't think there's any if. these fights get made if the money's there and the money's there. the commission is gonna give khabib 6 months and fine him twenty grand or something.

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
The only acceptable post-fight violence is when Werdum kicked Tarverdyan.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
was it the dude conor was posting pictures of online calling him a traitor to his country etc etc

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

da black beast is on the fs1 post show and it owns

"i thought it was entertaining and im happy because i thought khabib was gonna get the bonus and now im gonna get the bonus"

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Zyla posted:

this all ruled and this is what we're all here for

:agreed:

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's kinda hard to be sympathetic to Conor considering how awful he is as a person, the poo poo he's pulled on people, and his inability to spend a single round in that fight not cheating.

Sure, but he didn't attack Conor, he attacked one of Conor's corner. I think that's where they'll draw the line. The fighters getting into an after-fight brawl with one another is something they could probably smooth over, but attacking the guy's coach is, in my opinion, much worse.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

We really don't want there to be riots, but there could be riots, people could fight in the streets, russia versus ireland, we could get it on film, it would be bad but riots could happen

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

imagine how awesome the streets are outside of this arena lmfao people are gonna fuckin die tonight

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

SquirrelGrip posted:

was it the dude conor was posting pictures of online calling him a traitor to his country etc etc

khabibs dad?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

G-Hawk posted:

da black beast is on the fs1 post show and it owns

"i thought it was entertaining and im happy because i thought khabib was gonna get the bonus and now im gonna get the bonus"

Oh my god.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

loving start the press conference already. It's 130 and I need answers.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

eric posted:

No way. Khabib’s drawing power just went way up. When Nate wins next month they’ll be matched up and it would sell very well.

Despite the dudes yelling "LOL WORK", the UFC would probably in some doodoo with the NSAC if they didn't punish the dude who caused a riot at one of their sanctioned events

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Derrick Lewis is on the FS1 post show and they asked him what he thought and he instantly got past the censors saying "shiitt" lol

Kiger_Soze
Feb 1, 2005
postfight youtube link....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4stbYqXacY

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

androo posted:

Because they brought him back in the ring / get didn't get arrested by all the cops that jumped on him after witnessing an assault?

ah, well, in that case

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

TheReverend posted:

loving start the press conference already. It's 130 and I need answers.

what could they possibly say

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Bryant: Please don't riot!

Bisping: No one would be shocked or disappointed if you rioted.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
How long after the card finishes is the presser normally? like an hour?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Zyla posted:

imagine how awesome the streets are outside of this arena lmfao people are gonna fuckin die tonight

i hope most of the Irish scum get killed by american police and never return to Dublin

e: that sounds bad but I'm Irish

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Karyn: Please don't riot!

Bisping: No one would be shocked or disappointed if you rioted.

Lol

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Zyla posted:

what could they possibly say

What's gonna happen to Khabib.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

deathbagel posted:

Sure, but he didn't attack Conor, he attacked one of Conor's corner. I think that's where they'll draw the line. The fighters getting into an after-fight brawl with one another is something they could probably smooth over, but attacking the guy's coach is, in my opinion, much worse.

I don't think Danis is a coach, just a dude who stands near Conor and poo poo talks for him when Conor's too winded or just had his neck cranked.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Omnikin posted:

Reddit is convinced red shirt punchman was a teammate of Khabibs- an upcoming headliner in Moncton. Didn’t read the name quickly enough

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zubaira_Tukhugov

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Lloyd Boner posted:

Yeah Khabib vs Conor 2 is gonna make a lot of money

Yeah exactly, everyone's going to buy that and if I'm Khabib I'm willing to go punch some dude, tell my pal to go punch McGregor, get stripped of a title, and put up with whatever half-assed other punishment UFC might throw at me to get paid what, like the most conservative estimate I can think of would be $5 million for one fight. $10 million wouldn't surprise me, who the hell knows, but it's "I know I'm set for life" money. Like just off tonight he's earned probably around $2 million, maybe $1 million-ish if again you want to be conservative.

I'm pulling numbers completely out of my butt since I don't pay attention to fight money figures in general and definitely didn't going in to this one, and I think some of that tends to come out after the fact, but if I had to guess Khabib's just thinking about those dollar signs and not caring about the consequences. That's even easier to do when the consequence is probably "become super famous and still end up revered as a fighter and probably in the UFC hall of fame."

If Mcgregor was cracking open the door to assholery with his bullshit, having all that go down right after a fight has kicked it wide open and as a casual fan I look forward to hearing about or seeing more people try to punch their ticket to stardom by punching other people or generally making a circus after the fact.

I don't think we'll see people not releasing holds or clearly continuing to attack their opponent after the ref pulls them off since that's got to break all kinds of actual fighting regulations and seems like exactly the specific thing to piss off UFC enough to not want you back, but we've seen a constant stream of absurd interviews postfight, now we can add absurd attacks on people within the general vicinity of the Octagon to the mix, preferably people affiliated with your opponent but hey any punchable face in a storm.

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Brut posted:

Oh my god.

"i know i gotta spend more time in the gym. before this camp i spent 30 min in the gym a day. and now i spent a hour"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
it took a while for something to eclipse miller / diaz but here we are. lol. what a circus.