Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spiritus Nox posted:

https://twitter.com/pKjd/status/1048599746372202497

I don't know how the slow, uneventful therapy show about quietly camping with your friends blew up like Yuru Camp has, but I'm sure glad it did.

it's because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Nobody has Index right now.

No one has Index in English, but it got picked up for other languages. :v:

Crunchyroll posted:

A Certain Magical Index III

Territories: World excluding Asia, North America, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Ireland, and South Africa

Episode 1 is now live for the listed regions.

Strange Quark fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 7, 2018

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009
That final scene in Gridman is perhaps the most interesting part of it to me, as the entire episode I was thinking how crazy it was that the city was just getting blown apart so much.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Gridman's an interesting beast. Very, very, very moody relative to Trigger's reputation. There isn't a note of background music until 3 quarters of the way through the episode. I'm not sure what it's going for just yet thematically, but it's really solidly executed so far so I'll stick around and see if I can find out.

Also it sure looks like that early twist they keep hinting at is just that they're in the loving Matrix. Kind of hope it's at least a little bit more complicated than it appears.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

how did I manage to watch four consecutive new shows with non-consensual licking and/or ripping of clothing lmao

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Motto posted:

this seems overdramatic, even as someone with less than no interest in GS

yeah, all the real sakuga heads know all the talented animators are on the maid show

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Goblin Slayer looks like a faithful adaptation, but jesus the music bothers me. A character as broken and traumatized as GB probably shouldn't have a metal, kickass theme. Like, keep it intimidating and intense, but maybe don't sound like the murder fest is a giant gently caress yeah scene. The series itself makes it clear what he's doing and how he's going about it is ruthless and mechanical.

Then again, maybe I'm asking for just a bit too much nuance from someone who wanted to adapt Goblin Slayer.:shrug:

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Shinjobi posted:

Goblin Slayer looks like a faithful adaptation
Given the source material that is not a plus.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Terrible Opinions posted:

Given the source material that is not a plus.

This post does not jive with your username, but you are correct.

Anywho, I get the feeling I won't make it past three episodes. There was a way to make the series better from the get go, and this wasn't really it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Why would you even consider watching more than zero episodes?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Honestly expected them to change stuff! Clearly I was wrong.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Irozuku Sekai's ED is absolutely lovely. The episode itself was also a pretty chill watch as well.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!

AnacondaHL posted:

how did I manage to watch four consecutive new shows with non-consensual licking and/or ripping of clothing lmao
it's a kavanaugh world :/

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the goblin rape show surprisingly turned out to be about goblin rape so i will only give it a few more episodes

lol

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
why are you quoting half of your posts in the WN megathread

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
That jet rules.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
I like how SSSS.Gridman's every shot is filled with little details in the setting and an importance on light and shadow as the days turn throughout the ep. It's the kind of directing I like where they're clearly aware of their animation limitations and choose to stress out every moment's personal impact. It reminds me a ton of how Ninja Slayer uses key animation, but Yamoto Koki's episodes especially, which were very deliberate instead of flying around with the flash-animation memes.

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1048850971655172096

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Good: JAS-39 Gripen
Bad: Plane's not listed under characters :arghfist:

Maybe one day they'll animate Red Prowling Devil.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I've only watched Gridman and Zombieland and those were total standouts. Like some excellent direction and production values, almost pitch perfect pacing and writing.

Please watch good shows.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

Good: JAS-39 Gripen
Bad: Plane's not listed under characters :arghfist:

Maybe one day they'll animate Red Prowling Devil.

TBH, that kind of surprises me, because it looks unmanned. Why are these planes not also cute anime girls, show?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
This is cool because it should be the Daihaseisai arc, which is probably the most popular one in Railgun.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the goblin rape show surprisingly turned out to be about goblin rape so i will only give it a few more episodes

lol

I, for one, get a twisted joy of people who didn't know what Goblin Slayer was about, getting a hammer to the face of what Goblin Slayer is about.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Onmi posted:

I, for one, get a twisted joy of people who didn't know what Goblin Slayer was about, getting a hammer to the face of what Goblin Slayer is about.

Kind of sucks if someone’s got some legit triggers and just wants a fun action-fantasy, though.

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

Oh Professor, you'll bury us all!
Goblin Slayer can get in the bin. I knew roughly what to expect, but also assumed it would be toned down for TV and might somehow be palatable.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Darth Walrus posted:

Kind of sucks if someone’s got some legit triggers and just wants a fun action-fantasy, though.

Okay, caveat. I hope that no one was legitimately triggered by it, because that would be a horrible thing to find funny.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The new Kitaro ED is really great and I hope there's an extended version soon.

https://twitter.com/pkjd818/status/1048732259161800704

(the lyrics are great too)

Fangz fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 7, 2018

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gridman was cool

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Goblin Slayer doesn't even make sense. There's a contradictory juxtaposition between how brutally savage the goblins are, especially against women, and how underestimated their abilities are. Like how is this information not shared, when they have a quest board and guild power rankings? How do they even allow female adventurers to go on goblin quests without proper protections, or even go at all?

The series seems more focused on being as edgy as possible while trying not to look lame, but fails in that aspect too imho. Like showing the nail scratch marks on the ground indicating the post-rape struggle that lead to presumably more rape and showing the wagon full of rescued 1000-yard stare post-raped girls being trucked back into society just came off as :rolleyes: to me.

It's a shame, because the priestess's character setup was decent, and the titular Goblin Slayer is intriguing, but I'm not really looking for a show that's a mix of Grimgar and Kuroinu.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
My super hot take on Goblin Slayer that's never been made before is that I'm not going to watch it

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Gridman: I do wonder why that spooky guy is lugging around 4 poles. I thought they were katanas in the preview images and just thought he was a huge edgelord, but now I'm just confused.

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

It's a shame, because the priestess's character setup was decent, and the titular Goblin Slayer is intriguing, but I'm not really looking for a show that's a mix of Grimgar and Kuroinu.

Yeah, I've not watched it yet and the fact that even the more charitable summaries basically seem to read as "Grimgar but with rape monsters" isn't really doing a lot to sell me on it.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
How much worse is Goblin Slayer than the average popular Go Nagai thing?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

DisDisDis posted:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/NightmareFuel/GoblinSlayer

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the ones that are currently popular (in the west at least) are all adaptations by different creators that largely avoid the stuff people don't like in his manga, so

e: and consists entirely of Crybaby and maybe Re:, if we're being brutally honest

Motto fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 7, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Anima Yell joke timing reminded me of Pripara and Prichan which is very good so A+ worth a watch

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

nothing you haven't seen if youve read devilman, devilwoman or seen any exploitation horror made in the last 40 years

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
Go Nagai is also gross

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

devilette