Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who wins
This poll is closed.
Khabib 63 43.15%
Conor 24 16.44%
The fans 59 40.41%
Total: 146 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Putin just called Khabib to say well done apparently, then Khabib just left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slev
Apr 6, 2009

Oh well okay then

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Holy gently caress he showed up, spoke for a moment and bounced, I wonder if UFC wasnt going to let him take any questions

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Putin just called me

Kragger99
Mar 21, 2004
Pillbug
Seems like somebody told Khabib to get off the stage.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

I feel like "I'm sorry" isn't going to cut it for the athletic commission.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Hold The Ashes posted:

I support a homicidal dictator who tortures and murders gays but I DO NOT LIKE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT RELIGION.

Look, guys, people complain, but, he just call me and say congratulations.

e]Guys Putin said it was fine, is fine. Nevada please pay me.

woozy pawsies
Nov 26, 2007

khabib ftw

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Khabib did nothing wrong

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Khabib is the goat.

The Automator
Jan 16, 2009
man what a night

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hold The Ashes posted:

I support a homicidal dictator who tortures and murders gays but I DO NOT LIKE PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT RELIGION.

His religion is down with all that.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Haha, some guy tried to ask him a question and he just put his hat back on, posed for a second and left

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
someone prob should have informed this guy about the general american feeling about putin

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

UFC 229: My Father Going To Smash Me

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

did he just say putin loving called him?

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
The Beeb all, "Undefeated, undisputed, my father gonna smash." Pose, goodbye.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
donald trump called me and he said i gotta knock this russian motherfucker out. him and putin and all this poo poo.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

https://twitter.com/AhmadAlobaid/status/1048826545006108672

by the prophets beard!

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cabbit posted:

Man, you must not have watched many NSAC hearings. Chael went in there for a hearing about his suspension for a positive drug test and they ended up offering him a job.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

BlindSite posted:

His religion is down with all that.
:allbuttons:

Lid posted:

Dana bus stuff didn't matter

Khabib in two seconds

The loving bus the fuckboy!
Yeah, I'd love to see footage of him watching Dana answer those questions.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

someone prob should have informed this guy about the general american feeling about putin

They love him because Trump does?

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

shouldve sent brock out there in the aftermath, if you're gonna overbook a brawl you need a run-in

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Dillon Danis was talking incredible amounts of poo poo before the fight and got smacked for it. Why you talk about this?

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

behead those who insult Khabib

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cabbit posted:

You do know this is the same commission who gate Nick Diaz 5 years suspension for not being "apologetic" over a weed violation when he told them he plead the 5th during his hearing right?

They care more about their asses being kissed and less about basically anything else.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

GrimGypsy posted:

shouldve sent brock out there in the aftermath, if you're gonna overbook a brawl you need a run-in

Khabib would also kick Lesnar rear end

rsjr
Nov 2, 2002

yay for protoss being so simple that retards can win with it
Khabib is consistent.

When you're out of line and disrespectful you get smashed. He smashed Connor and had to smash Connor's idiot teammate, but in doing so was disrespectful to the athletic commission and Las Vegas. His dad will smash him. It's simple.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I guess literally nobody saw Conor swing on that guy? Or are they pretending it didn't happen

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Gay Horney posted:

I guess literally nobody saw Conor swing on that guy? Or are they pretending it didn't happen

People pay to see Connor.

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

I don't think anyone saw it. It happened at the same time as the brawl down below was going on. I definitely missed it, I thought the fight started inside the ring when the guy charged at Conor.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Gay Horney posted:

Just like using Conor attacking a bus full of bystanders only mattered in terms of building a fight, conor attacking people only matters if they hit back so they can be punished for threatening ppv buys

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
http://twitter.com/rizinff/status/1048823311994671104?s=21

Edit: maybe it’s a fan one, but it’s still pretty funny.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Gay Horney posted:

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1048827050478329858

So it seems those dudes aren't gonna get in much trouble beyond Zubaira maybe losing his UFC contract as a result and maybe losing their licenses with NSAC. Then again Artem was involved in the bus attack and is still around so who knows. :shrug:

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
I can't get over what a wild card top to bottom this was

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
Jhajb said he was gonna punish him and he did

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
Few things from me.

I really appreciate that UFC has stepped up their game on the after fight 'promo' this is infinitely better than the Brock thing following the DC fight.

This was totally shocking to me because because khabib seem to not understand the promotion aspect of being a top tier fighter during the build up and was exceedingly boring. Him fighting in the crowd gives me hope I was wrong about him
Unfortunately he's Russian and they are crazy so he probably really just was mad lol

Rematch should be cool Conor's got a lot to work with and it's clear while he may not be in best shape for a fight he can still hype poo poo.

Seems pretty clear UFC will profit off this whole thing even more than the guy who had his Banksy 'shereded' this weekend

I look forward to finally seeing the 1080p footage that wasn't shoe on replay live in the promo for the rematch

DC and Rockhold are the two dads I want to talk me off the ledge when the love of my life cancels our prom date and I find out she went with with my rival

pigz fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Oct 7, 2018

mewse
May 2, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

1) the guy was absolutely rushing at Conor and Conor was justified in defending himself, that’s why the athletic commission allowed his purse to be paid out

2) Conor is still a piece of poo poo and I wish the minimal punishment available on khabib and crew

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
That guy charging him wasn't the first swing. McGregor took a swing much earlier than that at another guy while they were on top of the cage. It looked like the dudes who charged him were retaliating for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
There's another angle that shows the guy Conor swung on was rushing him looking like he was gonna take a swing so I guess he really didn't do anything wrong