Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
I left a pen in my clothes when I put them through the dryer, gently caress, there goes my work clothes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I had to put my cat down tonight, he was in liver failure caused by hemalytic anemia, I knew he wasn't feeling well but I thought the emergency vet would be able to help and instead I was told he was already dying when I got there.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
My uncle is dying.

We were never really that close (he's from my dad's side of the family and I live far from my dad's hometown since my dad moved away when he graduated and got married to my mum). We saw each other maybe once or twice a year. But he's still my uncle.

And I can't even go see him in the hospital because I haven't seen him since before I started transitioning and "It wouldn't be proper and it would upset him" according to my dad, mum, and aunts and uncles if I went to see my dying uncle since he'd expect to see a boy and I'm a girl now.

Life loving sucks.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That's a bunch of bullshit reasons from your family and I'm sorry that you're having to deal with it. I really and truly mean that. :(

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Thank you. It does wonders for my mood to know there's someone who cares, even if it's an "internet stranger" :unsmith:

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
That sucks, dudette, I'm sorry.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

thats some grade-A bullshit and I recommend not visiting any of those people again.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Barudak posted:

thats some grade-A bullshit and I recommend not visiting any of those people again.

Cosigning this.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Yeah, that's complete horseshit.

In content news, Daylight Savings just started here so I lost an hour's sleep. Even discounting that, I'm waaaaay more tired than usual. gently caress daylight savings.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I haven't spoken to some of my family for various reasons from months to years and it's been completely worth it. Some people are just terrible for you and you're better off building a new family from close friends and those who actually give a poo poo about you.

NarwhalParty
Jul 23, 2010
I volunteer at a animal shelter and most of the people there are unfriendly and it makes me want to not volunteer anymore.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Thanks, y'all.

My uncle died tonight. Still don't know when the funeral will be (possibly Wednesday), but I hope I'll be able to go.

Re: family, I'm trying not to burn bridges if I can help it, but after this poo poo I'm this close to :sever:ing. We'll see how things go from now on, it might have be just a temporary "grief makes you say things you don't mean" thing. I hope.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mikl posted:

Thanks, y'all.

My uncle died tonight. Still don't know when the funeral will be (possibly Wednesday), but I hope I'll be able to go.

Re: family, I'm trying not to burn bridges if I can help it, but after this poo poo I'm this close to :sever:ing. We'll see how things go from now on, it might have be just a temporary "grief makes you say things you don't mean" thing. I hope.

I think the funeral will be a good gauge on where everyone stands. If you're able to go but the family has "feelings" about it, then that would be a good opportunity to reevaluate your relationships. If the consensus basically boils down to "I get that a family member passed, but I don't know how I feel about... them attending," then I don't think you're losing much.

I keep much of my family at arms length post-2016 election, and my life is at least a little more positive as a result.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The UPS Teamsters union voted unanimously to not accept the new contract, as it is bad and likely a poison pill to dump the entire union from UPS down the road.

That's not the bad part. That's great actually, that people paid enough loving attention and also voted(54% of all union employees! That's a loving lot to vote in a non-obligatory vote for anything!) and chose not to eat the poo poo UPS corporate is trying to shovel in our mouths for the next half a decade minimum.

The bad part is that Jimmy Hoffa, no not THAT Jimmy Hoffa, but a SUBSEQUENT Jimmy Hoffa, who is in his 80's and doesn't give a poo poo and is probably getting paid off by either UPS itself or some other, darker money handlers, is choosing to ram the contract down our throats regardless of the wishes of the union members. This has caused a crisis in the Teamsters chain of command as you can well imagine. I'm really not sure what's going to happen, but Sean O'Brian, the guy aiming to replace Hoffa, has been gunning for him long before this shitshow and the knives are well and truly out now.

There's rumors of ousting Hoffa outright, it's basically the equivalent of a constitutional crisis, but in this case, nobody's tolerating it like people seem okay with letting trump get away with. With the head of UPS buddying up with trump and his cronies, I have to imagine something's happening behind the scenes with them.

Basically, this could very well set up for wrecking my job(and many others) in a decade or so, and folks are loving pissed. Hoffa seems to want to repeat history.

Captain Invictus has a new favorite as of 11:28 on Oct 9, 2018

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I sneezed this morning and got a lightning bolt of pain in my lower back, and since then I've been feeling low-key out of it because of how much it hurts to:

-sit down
-stand up
-sit down leaning forward (had to do some soldering today)
-sit down leaning back
-reach for something that's not directly in front of me (reaching for TP on the shitter really hurts)

it also kind of feels like I have to poop. I put some cbd salve on my back at lunch but it hasn't helped a ton :(

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'm tired all the time. Ok, I've accepted that, it's pretty much my body's natural state no matter how much sleep I get. But today the nausea and light headedness is back. Earlier this year I went to the doctor and used up the last of my sick days taking several days off because of this exact feeling. And all they did was some blood tests that were inconclusive.

And now it's back and all I can just do is live with it because I know it's futile to try and treat it. What the gently caress is wrong with my body? I need Dr. loving House to get on my case.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Captain Invictus posted:

The UPS Teamsters union voted unanimously to not accept the new contract, as it is bad and likely a poison pill to dump the entire union from UPS down the road.

That's not the bad part. That's great actually, that people paid enough loving attention and also voted(54% of all union employees! That's a loving lot to vote in a non-obligatory vote for anything!) and chose not to eat the poo poo UPS corporate is trying to shovel in our mouths for the next half a decade minimum.

The bad part is that Jimmy Hoffa, no not THAT Jimmy Hoffa, but a SUBSEQUENT Jimmy Hoffa, who is in his 80's and doesn't give a poo poo and is probably getting paid off by either UPS itself or some other, darker money handlers, is choosing to ram the contract down our throats regardless of the wishes of the union members. This has caused a crisis in the Teamsters chain of command as you can well imagine. I'm really not sure what's going to happen, but Sean O'Brian, the guy aiming to replace Hoffa, has been gunning for him long before this shitshow and the knives are well and truly out now.

There's rumors of ousting Hoffa outright, it's basically the equivalent of a constitutional crisis, but in this case, nobody's tolerating it like people seem okay with letting trump get away with. With the head of UPS buddying up with trump and his cronies, I have to imagine something's happening behind the scenes with them.

Basically, this could very well set up for wrecking my job(and many others) in a decade or so, and folks are loving pissed. Hoffa seems to want to repeat history.

How many fuckin' Jimmy Hoffas (Jimmies Hoffa?) are there?

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I worked a surprise 16-hour shift yesterday. 20 hours awake. I feel like I've been run over by a truck.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bertrand Hustle posted:

How many fuckin' Jimmy Hoffas (Jimmies Hoffa?) are there?
His son.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_P._Hoffa

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I sneezed this morning and got a lightning bolt of pain in my lower back, and since then I've been feeling low-key out of it because of how much it hurts to:

-sit down
-stand up
-sit down leaning forward (had to do some soldering today)
-sit down leaning back
-reach for something that's not directly in front of me (reaching for TP on the shitter really hurts)

it also kind of feels like I have to poop. I put some cbd salve on my back at lunch but it hasn't helped a ton :(
one of two things likely happened. One is the good one, one is the very bad one. Good one: you wrenched a muscle in your lower back when you sneezed, which has happened to me multiple times over my lifetime, and it super sucks but if you take some ibuprofin and put some muscle cream on it or get a muscle relaxant you should be good after a day or two. Very bad one: you slipped a disc, which is absolutely possible from sneezing, and can super gently caress you up and will likely require surgery.

Based on you being able to move at all without disabling agony, I'm going to go with possibility one rather than two.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah I think it's the former. Today it doesn't hurt nearly as much, although certain motions (mainly leaning forward while sitting) are still lightning bolts. I've honestly felt a little light-headed yesterday and today and I wonder if it's just from the endorphins hitting me every time I tweak it wrong.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I drank an entire half gallon of chocolate milk today.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

More like oldlessthanagallon

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

More like oldcalciumrich

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

After a long day of fishing the other day my friends and I had pulled in our boat to the dock and tied it off. In the next dock over some lady had beached her jetski and so I decided to be a good samaritan and push it back into the water while her husband backed the trailer in. As I go to jump down from the dock I stub my toe on one of the cleats. I didn't think much of it because who hasn't stubbed their toe before? It did hurt a little more than usual however. I help the lady get the jetski back into the water and go on my merry way. My friends ask "dude how are you not freaking out right now?! Look at your toe!"

I look down and there's blood all over my foot, and my big toenail is standing up at a 90-degree angle, it fell off shortly after. So yeah, I lost a toenail when I thought I had just bumped a dumb cleat.

Horace Kinch has a new favorite as of 22:02 on Oct 13, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
on the bright side, you don't really actually need your toenails.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I've spent over a hour on the toilet

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

We Know Catheters posted:

I've spent over a hour on the toilet

Arby’s?

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

on the bright side, you don't really actually need your toenails.

It'll grow back, in like two years apparently. Still I'd rather have it than not.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

And Tyler Too! posted:

It'll grow back, in like two years apparently. Still I'd rather have it than not.

2 years? I've unintentionally lost toenails and they grow back fully in like 3 months.

My day is lovely because I have insomnia so I woke up twice this night and this time I can't fall back asleep, and I have to work a 12 hour shift in 6 hours. And I slept like 6 hours in the past 2 days. Gonna die :)

Oh and the stupid assholes above me who always drill in the middle of the night, some lady is stomping around in heels at 5 goddamn am, why are you wearing heels and waking all over your apartment?! Heels aren't comfortable! These people must have some sexual addiction to loud noise or something, I've NEVER had this problem with anyone living above me, and I've lived here 11 years.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 11:59 on Oct 15, 2018

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I work a lovely retail job that I hate and while I’m slowly making steps to improve my life (started looking for actual career type work, improved my personal life by dropping a lot of weight) it always seems my work is dead set on trying to make me quit earlier than I planned. I’ve had Saturday/Sunday off for a good year at this point, and it’s been great so I can recharge and i can generally schedule things around my friends. Now next week I found I have Tuesday off, which I figured was because 2 other full timers took a vacation request for Sat so they needed me for that day. I was fine with that until they posted the schedule for 2 weeks out and I’m working Saturday again despite that we have the 2 others that day too.

gently caress retail and how much the companies cut back on things to make their workers do so much. I’m sick of it.

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
I had planned a Horror Movie marathon with friends today. Spent a bunch of time acquiring the movies to watch. Bought a bunch of food and drinks to share. Got the house all set up nicely for it. Had about half a dozen friends say they were gonna come.

Nobody came. They all backed out last minute, or just completely flaked out without so much as a message. Sat at home all day alone waiting for people that never came.

Iamyourking
Oct 27, 2007

Only courage in the face of doubt can lead one to the answer.
Toilet Rascal
My cat of 14 years went out this morning (Don't give me any trouble about how I should have kept him in, I know I should have but he's too used to it and howls until somebody gives in) and never came back in. I don't know if I'll ever see him again or even find out what happened to him, and its left me in a state of utter misery. To top it all off, my best friend-who hasn't spoken to me for eight months for no clear reason-didn't respond when I told him.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Master Twig posted:

I had planned a Horror Movie marathon with friends today. Spent a bunch of time acquiring the movies to watch. Bought a bunch of food and drinks to share. Got the house all set up nicely for it. Had about half a dozen friends say they were gonna come.

Nobody came. They all backed out last minute, or just completely flaked out without so much as a message. Sat at home all day alone waiting for people that never came.

Pet peeve here. If its friends and you dont really wanna come, just be honest.

I get it anything to avoid extended family if you hate them. But there is no obligation to meet your friends so the least you can do is give them a heads up instead of making a BS excuse last minute and wasting the hosts time.

Midig has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Oct 22, 2018

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Today is my sister's birthday. I forgot.

She was murdered 10 years ago, my memories are fading, and it hurts a lot to realize that.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Today is my sister's birthday. I forgot.

She was murdered 10 years ago, my memories are fading, and it hurts a lot to realize that.

Oh god, I am so sorry.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I had to explain to someone why they don't need straight pride and that it's equal to white pride. Might lose a friend today. Oh well.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Picnic Princess posted:

I had to explain to someone why they don't need straight pride and that it's equal to white pride. Might lose a friend today. Oh well.

I noticed last week that one of my fraternity brothers, who (no joke) by total coincidence was also a childhood friend, has been unironically reposting Ben Shapiro and Charlie Kirk poo poo on FB. I feel your pain buddy :(

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I've known her for 20 years and this is the first time she's said anything remotely homophobic. I really had no clue she thought gay pride was "totally unfair that only THEY are allowed to have pride". It blows my mind.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Picnic Princess posted:

I've known her for 20 years and this is the first time she's said anything remotely homophobic. I really had no clue she thought gay pride was "totally unfair that only THEY are allowed to have pride". It blows my mind.

:( I'm sorry. It's always who you least expect. This summer I had a much-loved uncle come out as some weird, horrible hybrid of Libertarian and MAGA chud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, recently I found out my mom's best friend is like, hardcore trump possibly Qanon crazy shitbag. And boy trying to explain to my mom why that is a bad thing to associate with didn't go well. She was pretty normal until, and this always seems to be the catalyst, she started watching fox news religiously. Broke my mom of that before it took hold, but her friend went full bore down the rabbit hole.