Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Farmer Jimbo
Mar 11, 2005

CC Plox.
Warframe: Salty Fish Discussions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I've been gone for a while and man catching up on the story is wild.

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Did y'all purge the clan recently? I don't play WF nearly as much as I used to, but when I do I sure would like to play with my goonbros. IGN=grampageoff

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Gramps posted:

Did y'all purge the clan recently? I don't play WF nearly as much as I used to, but when I do I sure would like to play with my goonbros. IGN=grampageoff

Max clan size has been a thing for a while, and we even have an overflow clan AKGOON now. If you want to be re-invited, the OP has links to make that happen.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Gramps posted:

I prune inactives regularly to make room for new/returning folks, just reapply using the form in the OP.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone have some tips on completing a riven: Exterminate Mission Level 30+ alone with no detections?

My current plan is to try Ivara w/Baza but I'm not Zenurik and slightly worried about energy issues if I want to prowl my way to victory. Alone means that I can't have a Shade or my Stealth Dog with me too, right?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Anyone have some tips on completing a riven: Exterminate Mission Level 30+ alone with no detections?

My current plan is to try Ivara w/Baza but I'm not Zenurik and slightly worried about energy issues if I want to prowl my way to victory. Alone means that I can't have a Shade or my Stealth Dog with me too, right?

Loki with Energy Regen and lots of Duration should be slow but safe.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think if you take an infested mission you should be fine since they cannot set off alarms.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Alone means that I can't have a Shade or my Stealth Dog with me too, right?

Alone just means with no other players. Ivara or Loki with a Baza will do just fine.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you really want to do it slow and steady as ivara, you can always just find an isolated vent or something to recharge your energy. also, use noise and sleep arrows for crowded rooms.

Silentlocke
Feb 13, 2008

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I got one of those about a month ago, after messing about a bit I found the best way to do it is with a Loki with decent invis time and an Ignis Wraith with the silencer mod, I call it the Ghost Flame. Just make sure to have at least 7 seconds to find a spot to recast invisibility and have plenty of energy pizzas.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Yeah I did one of those with Loki and a silent weapon, probably the Baza. Just take it slow, make sure your invisibility is recently cast every time you enter a room with bad guys, that kind of thing. Better to hang back and wait 10 seconds for it to expire and recast than to end up 2 seconds short.

mod for max duration and ignore range/str, all you care about is the cloak lasting as long as possible. I brought a bunch of enemy radar so I could make sure I had cleared the room. Wasn't too bad.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
If you want to go a little less slow: lot of enemy radar, controllable explosives, Banshee.

I speak from experience but you WILL gently caress up a time or two before practice gets you to where you're good enough.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Loki with either a Bow/Baza/Covert Lethality Dagger or the biggest loudest hellcannons you can carry with the Hushed Invisibility augment. Just go invisible, pick enemies off one by one, don't let them see you actually performing the kill.

Alternatively, Equinox with the Calm & Frenzy augment, modded for max range/duration. Put entire rooms to sleep, every mob you kill will spread the sleep effect.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)
"Without being detected" is a pain. I usually just use spider Equinox and put everyone to sleep.

"Without raising the alarm" is easy: Earth tileset or Plains of Eidolon has no alarm to raise.

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Infested don't have alarms to set off, so they can work as well.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can manage it with Ivara tomorrow.

Been trying out lots of new frames lately, and found I liked Gara a ton, but still need to do some work figuring out the best build. Also had the last Revenant blueprint drop today, so with just a bit more Quills standing I can start that quest and get a new ghost buddy just in time for Halloween.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Thanks for the advice, I'll see if I can manage it with Ivara tomorrow.

Been trying out lots of new frames lately, and found I liked Gara a ton, but still need to do some work figuring out the best build.

Lots and lots of Duration and Strength.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
The Valkyr prime I got as a gift a few weeks back has been a consistent favorite. Standard valk is probably also pretty boss because that 4 is basically a reset button on any bad situation. What is the breakpoint for diminished return on armor? Looking at the wiki chart anything past 7 or 8 hundred is kind of a waste. I put steel fiber on and hit 1200 armor but I'm not sure that's necessary.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Do any Chroma fans want to make a post about... how to make him good/fun? As a player anyway.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

El Spamo posted:

The Valkyr prime I got as a gift a few weeks back has been a consistent favorite. Standard valk is probably also pretty boss because that 4 is basically a reset button on any bad situation. What is the breakpoint for diminished return on armor? Looking at the wiki chart anything past 7 or 8 hundred is kind of a waste. I put steel fiber on and hit 1200 armor but I'm not sure that's necessary.

The formula for damage reduction is continuous: there's no breakpoint. The higher your armor gets, the closer doubling your armor gets to halving your damage taken. It isn't a terrible idea to skip Steel Fiber since the bonus from Warcry scales off of base armor. With it up and 200% power strength, Valk Prime is taking a little under 18% of incoming health damage. Add in Steel Fiber and it's a little over 12%, for about a 45% increase in effective hp. It's up to you whether that's worth losing whatever other mod you'd have put in that slot.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yay pistol riven

Yay collect 15 syndicate tokens

Yay furis riven

Yaaay

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Furis is actually popular, one of the syndicates has a mod that makes it heal you when you shoot someone with it.

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

You'd need a real good riven to make Furis deadly, but a secondary with lifesteal that you can give to sortie defense targets is a decent niche.

FrankZP
Nov 11, 2015

AIGHT SHITBIRDS, IT'S EXPLOSION TIME!

Right, like, I could reroll this, but the thing is, it's never going to be an Akstiletto Prime or Vaykor Marelok, so I'll take that zero recoil with a buttload of gas damage (45% status with that rate of fire means a lotta procs), and I'll have fun with it every once in a while.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

A reasonably good Afuris riven, on the other hand, can make the Dex Furis a complete beast. (And if anyone on PS4 wants an Afuris riven, hit me up, because I have a spare.)

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
So, the Cassowar + Shimmering blight has been one of my favorite melee weapons for a while now, then I got this a few weeks ago -

THEN primed reach just came out...

THEN I remembered that Mirage's duplicates' melee attacks overlap.

I can kill entire rooms of sortie level enemies with 2 presses of 'e', it's beautiful.

Mimesweeper
Mar 11, 2009

Smellrose

Tylana posted:

Do any Chroma fans want to make a post about... how to make him good/fun? As a player anyway.

step 1: use a shitload of rare mods and forma to pile up as much health duration and power strength as you can
step 2: have zeniruk and/or a dig dog or a lot of pizzas and a weapon that can self damage
step 3: set energy color to cold element, press 3, hurt self briefly and become an invincible god doing 8x damage. continue to press 3 as needed to refresh the duration while murdering the poo poo out of everything.

Mimesweeper fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 8, 2018

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
okay i give up, the Fortuna trailer has pulled me back in

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
how is it this f2p game by some jerks who made a bad Star Trek game has more heart and soul than pretty much anything made by a main line developer in the last five years?

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

paranoid randroid posted:

how is it this f2p game by some jerks who made a bad Star Trek game has more heart and soul than pretty much anything made by a main line developer in the last five years?

because this is the game they always wanted to make but could never get a publisher to go for it

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I'm really, really glad Warframe has taken off. I never would have picked it up if it hadn't. It's a really good "I'm going to listen to podcasts and blast some poo poo" game, which is exactly what I need.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

they're doing it because they like the thing they've made and not just for the money

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

a good read re: DE and warframe

https://www.pcgamer.com/the-story-of-warframe-how-a-game-no-publisher-wanted-found-26-million-players/

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

they're doing it because they like the thing they've made and not just for the money

im glad that DE is taking a direction where you can be an invincible space ninja fighting on behalf of venusian labor gangs to free them from debt servitude

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the only good corpus is a curbstomped corpus

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
dont get me wrong i liked the Ostrons as much as the next guy, but Fortuna feels like it gives Tenno purpose beyond Konzu getting an early lunch

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

paranoid randroid posted:

dont get me wrong i liked the Ostrons as much as the next guy, but Fortuna feels like it gives Tenno purpose beyond Konzu getting an early lunch

It's true, skate is life.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Plains of Eidolon have definitely grown on me from my first exposure as a new player a month and a half ago. It was this weird stumbling block preventing me from going to Mars and I couldn't figure anything out and then I'd join a bounty and not even be able to make it to the location before other players had already finished the mission and everything was weird with a whole different economy and its like "gently caress this place".

Now I am actively enjoying it having reached the point in the game where it becomes reasonable to do all the different bounty levels and going eidolon hunting. Gara wasn't nearly the pain to farm up as I thought, and I'm really eagerly anticipating getting Revenant built. Even the fishing is a nice break.

Quick Amp question though, earlier someone told me just getting a 1-1-1 amp was going to be a huge improvement over the mote amp, but I haven't built it yet and just from tagging along on eidolon hunts with my embarrassing mote amp I'm nearly at Quills rank 2 and can afford to build tier 2 components. Is it still worth getting a 1-1-1 or should I mix in any 2 parts for my first proper amp?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Johnny Joestar posted:

They actually gave poo poo for free where other F2P games would've milked their customers with the added content. And it's not just by generosity. They're actually very bad at figuring out how to make money. The only stable income they have are Prime Packs and unvaulting packs. But those made them way more money than they need. So they never bothered trying to find other sources of income.