Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Detective No. 27 posted:

Do you have friends/family for multiplayer? If yes, play Kirb.

negative on the friends so I'll go with MM11 first :cheers:

edit o my what a shameful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The Switch revision is going to be the football controller but with joycon slots on the screen.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

psylent posted:

To be fair, the screen glare on the Switch is nuts. I'd almost buy one of those things if it didn't make me look like a huge perve.

Do you always play outside, or indoors with the screen facing the sun or something?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Florescent lights suck rear end is my problem.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

Do you always play outside, or indoors with the screen facing the sun or something?

I only play at noon outside.

Fly with me
Aug 19, 2006

Single-handedly repopulating the Earth.

The Silver Snail posted:

Everybody shut up for a second, Yoshiro Kimura is putting a game on the Switch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-teYMMF4owM

This looks like something I'll be really into for an hour, forget I have, then my wife will become obsessed with it for six months.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

LethalGeek posted:

Florescent lights suck rear end is my problem.

I use CFLs exclusively and dont have any problem. :shrug:

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
A Goomba cpu player in Mario party just enlightened me to a real dick head move

After the first 2 turns on the free move team game the Goomba just kept walking in circles and landing on the gift event on the fruit island board and having lakita or whatever his name is steal coins and stars from us while waluigi wandered around getting stuff for him

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Mister Facetious posted:

I use CFLs exclusively and dont have any problem. :shrug:

Nah not at home, when I'm out in places that have too many overhead tubes and it's impossible to find an angle that doesn't reflect a big rectangle of light somewhere. Its such a minor thing I never thought to fix it until I saw that post.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

A Goomba cpu player in Mario party just enlightened me to a real dick head move

After the first 2 turns on the free move team game the Goomba just kept walking in circles and landing on the gift event on the fruit island board and having lakita or whatever his name is steal coins and stars from us while waluigi wandered around getting stuff for him

I’m so doing this to my family.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
That’s like the moment I realized my GPS was smart enough to recommend douchebag shortcuts on my route

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

Mister Facetious posted:

I get glare from the train windows on the way to work, plus in the break room at my office, floor to ceiling windows and fluorescent lights overhead.

Obviously my preference is for a dimly lit room, but almost any time I play the Switch in an area where I have little control over the lighting I end up seeing a reflection of my stupid face.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

A friend of mine added me to their family plan, but my Switch says I'm not part of Switch Online. Any ideas?

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

psylent posted:

I get glare from the train windows on the way to work, plus in the break room at my office, floor to ceiling windows and fluorescent lights overhead.

Obviously my preference is for a dimly lit room, but almost any time I play the Switch in an area where I have little control over the lighting I end up seeing a reflection of my stupid face.

On top of glare, it also highlights whatever smudges are on the screen and every spec of dust in a way non-fluorescent lighting doesn't.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I used to play outside at noon on my lunchbreak and it was a bit annoying when the sun was beaming. But it was also not a very big problem so I never thought to fix it.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

The sun, I can understand; but I don't think I've ever seen indoor lighting ever be bright enough to be seen reflected on any screen, much less my Switch.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

The sun, I can understand; but I don't think I've ever seen indoor lighting ever be bright enough to be seen reflected on any screen, much less my Switch.

Do you live in a literal caveman society?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Midjack posted:

Do you live in a literal caveman society?

Do you run your Switch at one-quarter the brightness, and always make sure to have a lightsource at your back?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Do you run your Switch at one-quarter the brightness, and always make sure to have a lightsource at your back?

I don't try to have the light behind me but it sure happens a lot. :cheerdoge:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

A friend of mine added me to their family plan, but my Switch says I'm not part of Switch Online. Any ideas?

Sounds like you're not part of your friend's family

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Sorry to tell you your friend ran the long con on you and swindled you out of $4

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Nintendo lets you play online but changes your display name to THIEF

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Ow that I’m playing Mario Party with my 3yo, 5yo, wife, etc... is there a way to turn off/disable the system screenshot button?

It gets hit... a LOT

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

It's a button you can't even check in the controller settings screen, because there's no override.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
Not sure if anyone saw this, but if you're subscribed to the Fry's Electronics newsletter, they're doing a promo code to get a Switch for $280, in-store or free same-day local delivery.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Feenix posted:

Ow that I’m playing Mario Party with my 3yo, 5yo, wife, etc... is there a way to turn off/disable the system screenshot button?

It gets hit... a LOT

Holy poo poo I had to delete like a hundred images after playing chicken horse with n00bs

The home button joycon is somehow even WORSE

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Those glare shields have been around a long time, longer than the switch's pervert games. I remember some YouTubers reviewing them close to launch in like a "20 Nintendo switch gadgets tested" type videos.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Has anyone beaten that tug of war mini-game on Challenge Road of super mario party? Pull it Together? No matter what I do Peach beats me.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
IT'S HAPPENING

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

What's that, the legend of legaia?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al Borland Corpse posted:

What's that, the legend of legaia?

Touch Detective, you fool!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You absolute buffoon!

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I don't read katakana or whatever that is

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
You should be able to recognize Mackenzie and Funghi :colbert:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Oh great, now i gotta look at that pulsing strawberry every time a hentai game comes out

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

You're thinking of Steam, Nintendo does not yet allow hentai games on Switch

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There must be a word to describe these "basically pg-13 Mormon hentai" games

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

hentlike/lite?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ignite Memories posted:

hentlike/lite?
Tittylike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ignite Memories posted:

Oh great, now i gotta look at that pulsing strawberry every time a hentai game comes out

Touch Detective is not hentai, it is a fun game for people of all ages