Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

He got so upset no one wanted to play the mini game he worked out. Also loved no one had any idea how large a wing was or how many they had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Hughlander posted:

He got so upset no one wanted to play the mini game he worked out. Also loved no one had any idea how large a wing was or how many they had.

To be fair, it was really confusing. As a listener, I had no idea what was going on.

e: I will also say that in a meta sense, it was really funny how Hing asked "How sweaty are your feet?" without realizing that it would be super weird to outsiders, and then Dave, Edan, and Alex all had to work together to bail him out.

inthesto fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Sep 24, 2018

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

inthesto posted:

To be fair, it was really confusing. As a listener, I had no idea what was going on.

Maybe they were just too drunk... I was listening at 2x speed while commuting and was getting upset that they couldn't figure it out ;)

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible

inthesto posted:

Dragon Friends episode of Dragon Heist is out: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/events/podcasts-waterdeep

Listening to these voices without any audience reaction at all will always be weird

Holy poo poo I just listened to this and wasn't expecting the crossover - When Usidore went into his introduction I thought I was listening to the wrong podcast

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

LentThem posted:

Holy poo poo I just listened to this and wasn't expecting the crossover - When Usidore went into his introduction I thought I was listening to the wrong podcast

When does this happen in the ep?

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
Wizard of the twelfth realm of Ephysius? Master of light and shadow? Champion of the Great Halls of Ter’akkis?

I listen to too many podcasts.

Edit: now that I’ve listened to the podcast I apologize for typing that out.

Edit2: ^^^ it’s six minutes in.

Ulf fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 27, 2018

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Ulf posted:

We all agree the password is freezo, right?

Either that or Dan is loving with him and it’s chongus

I was pretty sure it was gonna be chongus. I hope we find out some day.

Hughlander posted:

I interpreted it less as him getting mad at the gang for not figuring out the game, but realizing in the moment that he made a game too complicated for his drunk idiot friends to get their heads around in the timespan of a live podcast episode and just sheepishly hurrying through

Also, drat edan and his apparently successful career, i miss his dulcet tones

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Freezo is immortal and trying to become a god

This bodes.... poorly

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Testekill posted:

Freezo is immortal and trying to become a god

This bodes.... poorly

i love that once again dave has made freezo the main bad guy

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
If this season doesn't end with Hing doing something stupid because he's sure he's immortal only for it to no longer be the case and his character actually dying then I'll be disappointed.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

At this point I can't imagine anyone more appropriate than Freezo as the final boss of the Dragon Friends' adventures.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I can't wait until we meet a religious group that we don't understand who they worship until we hear them in a chant of Fucka Sucka Ding Dong.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Cult of the Chongus

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Not Operator posted:

Cult of the very normal Chongus

FTFY

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Roach Warehouse posted:

At this point I can't imagine anyone more appropriate than Freezo as the final boss of the Dragon Friends' adventures.

One of my favorite season one moments is towards the end when they confront the duke or whoever, and Dave is hyping it up like “and you find yourself face to face with the person at the root of all your misfortune”

And Alex interrupts with “freezo?” Who could have guessed how much foreshadowing would be contained in a quick joke.

Freezo’s heartfelt plea at the end of the last episode was perfect

Pastrymancy
Feb 20, 2011

11:13: Despite Gio Gonzalez warning, "Never mix your sparkling juices," Bryce Harper opens another bottle of sparkling grape and mixes it with sparkling cider.

1:07: Harper walks to the 7-11 and orders an all-syrup Slurpee.

1:10-3:05: Harper has no recollection of this time. Aliens?
Oh, Edan :allears:

https://www.facebook.com/thedragonf...DoGIw&__tn__=-R

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
If it weren't for Alex, Edan would be my favorite one on the group. He really is the best.

Ulf
Jul 15, 2001

FOUR COLORS
ONE LOVE
Nap Ghost
Too bad they cut the next 5 seconds which was the best part of that performance.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
trying to work my way through bigsofttitty.png and tom + demi's very healthy relationship; if you listen to it immediately after tom's Story Club episode it makes for a super interesting timeline for his mother.

She's having breakdowns over the complete chaos in his life and probably thinking to herself that maybe Tom can find a nice girl/boyfriend that can really ground him; provide some stability to balance him out

And then she's introduced to Demi

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

LentThem posted:

trying to work my way through bigsofttitty.png and tom + demi's very healthy relationship; if you listen to it immediately after tom's Story Club episode it makes for a super interesting timeline for his mother.

She's having breakdowns over the complete chaos in his life and probably thinking to herself that maybe Tom can find a nice girl/boyfriend that can really ground him; provide some stability to balance him out

And then she's introduced to Demi

What’s the parody song they do in l episode one? I wish there was a wiki of all their poo poo because otherwise I feel the need to constantly relisten

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
Discovering and reading through this thread just now was hilarious from reminiscing, but also wow, this thing has been going for over three years now, and I have forgotten a lot of it. And somehow I forgot to get around to watching the whole Tomb of Annihilation thing! And also not bothering to follow any social media and miss out on lots of bonus stuff. So I have plenty to catch up on now.

I do have the now-out-of-stock merch book though, so neener neener. And a copy of FTAGH #56 that I saved before (I assume) Hing successfully erased it from the internet. Not bad exclusives!

Was the rest of that cross-podcast waterdeep adventure worth listening to? I went through the first one for context which was okaaay, enjoyed the DF one, and then bounced off the next one a few minutes in (probably more podcast priorities and realising they weren't going to overlap that much than because I disliked it, I can't remember).

Edit: oh god, the youtube playlist is nearly two days long

uvar fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 14, 2018

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Hughlander posted:

What’s the parody song they do in l episode one? I wish there was a wiki of all their poo poo because otherwise I feel the need to constantly relisten

There's a bunch isn't there? The only one i can remember right now is them singing songs with redundant lyrics.

-a little bit of Mambo Number 5-

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Hughlander posted:

There is a wiki! And it has transcripts of the episodes!

http://thedragonfriends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Dragon_Friends_Wiki

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
https://twitter.com/Split_TheParty/status/1050633507569979395

I want to see what happens when Adam (the DM for D&D Is For Nerds) and Dave cross paths. Adam is a brutal and unforgiving DM, and he's not afraid to punish his players for making boneheaded decisions (and his players rival the Dragon Friends in terms of sheer stupidity).

I'm also secretly hoping one of the Sans Pants people guests on Dragon Friends when they're doing PAX in Melbourne. All three players are total knuckleheads and would fit in perfectly with DF's antics.

Also, why is every Australian podcast based out of Melboune? Dragon Friends and its immediate relatives (FTAGH, Story Club, bigsofttitty.png) are the only ones based in Sydney that I've found.

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

DF and related podcasts make it feel like every Australian comedian except Wil Anderson went to the same uni at the same time.

And maybe Adam Hills, but he's mostly UK based these days so we'll never know.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

I just got through all of Tomb of Annihilation and may I say it is absolute A+ top-quality Dragon Friends and everyone should watch it, it is absolutely worth being bothered to watch a thing on youtube that you can't get on your podcast feed of choice. I'm not sure if it was the visual medium drawing me in more or what but I laughed harder than I've ever laughed at the podcast, and I've laughed pretty hard at the podcast. I'm not sure what I loved more between Freezo somehow killing a dude by wanting him to die really badly, the pirate ghost farce actually working or people suddenly remembering Philge was covered in blood and honey at the worst moments. It also has some weirdly good character development in places, somehow.

The last couple of episodes kind of drop off a bit but that's the fault of them having to do the dungeon that seems to be meant to be the whole point of ToA, which is an actually difficult dungeon so they spend the whole time being worried and careful instead of doing crazy off-the-rails poo poo. The flavour text being way creepier and gorier than is standard for Dragon Friends didn't endear it to me either.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Yeah, Hing winning the “I’m going to let you roll a d100 as a joke if it will shut you up” dice roll was the wildest thing.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I've finally fully caught up to dragon friends. I think my actual favorite thing is whoevers laugh it is (I think Hing, but i'm not sure) that you sometimes hear, most often when something needlessly cruel is happening to a hapless NPC

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
Hing's laugh when he finds something really funny is very, very distinctive. It's hard to miss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pnGrgrqfzY&t=6014s

Also, new episode it up. Apparently it's being DMed by Carlo!

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

inthesto posted:

Hing's laugh when he finds something really funny is very, very distinctive. It's hard to miss:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pnGrgrqfzY&t=6014s

Also, new episode it up. Apparently it's being DMed by Carlo!

You also know it's him when something awful happens and you hear a loud cackle.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

On the other end of the spectrum, Edan has a dulcet, sultry chuckle

Also, clicking the above link reminds me that I miss Benny; I know he moved to another country, and also that he has a musical career that I could check out at literally any time but hopefully they get him back as a special guest bard for an episode at some point.

Ainsley McTree fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Oct 19, 2018

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I wouldn't mind someone using Hing's laugh in the Tidus scene. Think that could be worth a chuckle

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

My favorite Hing Thing (tm) is when he can't think of anything to say improv-wise and he lets out a pained oooooooooooooooooh! like he just stubbed his toe.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Canon

https://twitter.com/GoesByBees/status/1054094681867476993

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Baston's foot is a nice touch but what's Philge holding???

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Ainsley McTree posted:

Baston's foot is a nice touch but what's Philge holding???

Intestines on her maul

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Testekill posted:

Intestines on her maul

I know, I was just trying to make a joke about how Alex never remembers that philge has a weapon

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Neither do Freezo or Baston, both of whom have swords now and I'm not sure Hing has ever used his. Bobby is the only one who regularly uses his weapon.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

"So do I have my spellbook?"
"No you are a hexblade now, you have a magic sword that you channel your magic through."
"Oh cool, cool, so yeah I open my spellbook..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I know that this show is a roiling chaotic mess by design but I could not give you a plot summary to save my life.