Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Stephenls posted:

Twinflame is a pretty reasonable T’au honor name if you look at it next to Farsight, Longstrike, Darkstrider, Puretide, Shadowsun, and all the other Honor names that T’au characters have gotten.

But Fireblade Twinflame comes off as silly.

I guess it IS better than the possible Fireblade Flamesword, so there’s that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
The rules will be online the friday before release and no one will expect you to bring an oddly sized piece of cardboard with you

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
So the rest of them are obvious, but what’s Gitzog Wurldkilla? Do the orks even have a stand-alone, single-sprue HQ unit with that gear loadout?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Looks like the Facerippa dude from late 6th.

jadarx
May 25, 2012

Stephenls posted:

So the rest of them are obvious, but what’s Gitzog Wurldkilla? Do the orks even have a stand-alone, single-sprue HQ unit with that gear loadout?

It looks like Warboss Grukk, minus the standard Nobz.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

BIG MEATY SHITS posted:

this lady who worked under white supremacist steve miller on immigration reform in the white supremacist trump admin couldnt possibly be a white supremacist, especially if shes throwing well known white supremacist handsigns around. i know cuz i just looked her up on google for two seconds u libs see nazis everywhere.

Does that feigned outrage keep you up in bed late at night?

radlum
May 13, 2013
Are there any details on the cost of those KT Commanders? I might get the Commisar or the Death Watch master if they are not much more expensive than the regular model

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Does anyone know how Westwind's separate heads (either their WW2 or their Weird War ones) look on 40k bois?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I think it's funny that GW has all of these unique Primaris Lieutenant models and instead it used the Librarian.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think it's funny that GW has all of these unique Primaris Lieutenant models and instead it used the Librarian.

They have confirmed SM Primaris Captains, no way they don't put lieutenants in.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Schadenboner posted:

Does anyone know how Westwind's separate heads (either their WW2 or their Weird War ones) look on 40k bois?

Let me know how this turns out when you get around to testing it.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

richyp posted:

Let me know how this turns out when you get around to testing it.

Well, my kid got himself thrown out of the (district subsidized and half-day, therefore cheaper) after-school program which means we're back to having to pay for full-day daycare (he's only there from the time K-4 gets out but that's before noon so we're stuck paying full-day full freight). The liquidity I was planning on having to buy plastic has vanished. But I sure will post 'em once I have 'em!

:tipshat:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

“Unique”

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Guy Goodbody posted:

No, my son is also named Fireblade Twinflame.

I’m the complete lack of a Chaos Space Marine character.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

ijyt posted:

“Unique”

They’re loyalist space marines. A slightly different pose and scowly face are as unique as they get.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Schadenboner posted:

Well, my kid got himself thrown out of the (district subsidized and half-day, therefore cheaper) after-school program which means we're back to having to pay for full-day daycare (he's only there from the time K-4 gets out but that's before noon so we're stuck paying full-day full freight). The liquidity I was planning on having to buy plastic has vanished. But I sure will post 'em once I have 'em!

:tipshat:

"I can't participate in your hobby because I have to buy juice."

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
So... is there just a rulebook for Kill Team available without buying a set of minis?
A couple people at the local shop are thinking of playing it, but looking at the site there is only a digital version of the rules.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Schadenboner posted:

Well, my kid got himself thrown out

At least you know he is following the family traditions

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chiwie posted:

They have confirmed SM Primaris Captains, no way they don't put lieutenants in.

I meant the model they're selling.

Endman posted:

They’re loyalist space marines. A slightly different pose and scowly face are as unique as they get.

Some get purity seals of unusual size.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

LordAba posted:

So... is there just a rulebook for Kill Team available without buying a set of minis?
A couple people at the local shop are thinking of playing it, but looking at the site there is only a digital version of the rules.

Here lies a petty comment :rip:

richyp fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Oct 8, 2018

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

don't be a dick

LordAba posted:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Wh40k-Kill-Team-Rulebook-2018-eng

WhiteWolf123
Jun 18, 2008

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Some get purity seals of unusual size.

POUS's? I don't think they exist.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Corrode posted:

I think I posted this before but hams get this stuff wrong constantly.

Copyright and trademarks are different things with different functions and different rules.

(Snip long post)

Huh, thanks for the detailed explanation.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

krursk posted:

I had to have a look for myself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-W5JkiN14g
She looks up mouths Oh and does the OK hand gesture like any normal person.

That's the second instance.

Normal people who get caught up in a controversy over whether or not they were making a racist gesture on TV absolutely then do the same thing but more openly the next day. That's normal.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I meant the model they're selling.

I suspect the commanders are picked for their ability to move plastic before any other concerns.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/10/08/kill-team-commanders-of-the-imperiumgw-homepage-post-1/

On that note I really don't like how there are no smoll marine commanders. Something smells funny.

richyp
Dec 2, 2004

Grumpy old man

Chiwie posted:

I suspect the commanders are picked for their ability to move plastic before any other concerns.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/10/08/kill-team-commanders-of-the-imperiumgw-homepage-post-1/

On that note I really don't like how there are no smoll marine commanders. Something smells funny.

I don't think they've made any new mini marine models since Primaris was a thing? I might be mistaken but from the return of Rowboat it seems to be Primaris all the way.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

That's the second instance.

Normal people who get caught up in a controversy over whether or not they were making a racist gesture on TV absolutely then do the same thing but more openly the next day. That's normal.

krursk posted:

Does that feigned outrage keep you up in bed late at night?

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I finished up an Ethereal for my tau, which leaves about 3 units to do.

For_Great_Justice
Apr 21, 2010

JUST CAN'T SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT HOW MUCH I HATE GAMES WORKSHOP!
Thats a good no-nose.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

These beach bases are some of the coolest I have seen so far

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

R0ckfish posted:

I finished up an Ethereal for my tau, which leaves about 3 units to do.

Summer Beach House Voldemort ready to kick rear end

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Schadenboner posted:

Well, my kid got himself thrown out
Clearly the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chiwie posted:

The Watch Master is a small marine.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Watch Master is a small marine.

Look at his non-hunched over posture and beefy legs. He is clearly a bigly in disguise and you know it.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Chiwie posted:

Look at his non-hunched over posture and beefy legs. He is clearly a bigly in disguise and you know it.

He has a guardian spear so is clearly a custodian

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chiwie posted:

He could be bigger.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
Now would be a great time to release a Tyranid Prime model for KT with updates rules/points to make it a viable unit in the main game. Not that it would happen.

Odd the Patriarch model isn’t in the pile, considering they mentioned it specifically in the initial post and they have one they’ve already reboxed at least twice.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

Booley posted:

He has a guardian spear so is clearly a custodian

Of course, how silly of me. Obviously this is how geedubs is bringing Custodes to KT.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

He could be bigger.

That's the dad bod version to the watch commander's gym junkie.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I assume that the Tyranid Prime is one of the options in the book, but because it's part of the Warrior kit they're not going to do a standalone version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Chiwie posted:

That's the dad bod version to the watch commander's gym junkie.

You see dad bod, I see Vince Worfolk.