Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

goferchan posted:

weird what's the internal difference? i've never heard this

they replaced the graphics and cpu which had been separate with a single chip to save money. apparently there are some weird compatibility issues with some games because of this but the video output from the new chip is better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
The incompatiblity breaks down to like two Capcom games having a 1x4 line of pixels flickering at the top of the screen (Aladdin, Demon's Crest, and Super Ghouls N Ghosts)

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

The incompatiblity breaks down to like two Capcom games having a 1x4 line of pixels flickering at the top of the screen (Aladdin, Demon's Crest, and Super Ghouls N Ghosts)

trash

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

thats 3 games

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

no one would notice with SNES Aladdin anyway, because by the time you can look at the graphics, you've already beaten the game without taking damage.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

no one would notice with SNES Aladdin anyway, because by the time you can look at the graphics, you've already beaten the game without taking damage.
No, SNES Aladdin is the 2-d platformer. You're thinking of that PS3 game with the campfires and the big demon.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Thats why I said "LIKE 2 games" lol

Bicyclops posted:

It's stupidly easy except for that flying carpet lava stage

I died in that stage so many times I have the stage password memorized since 1993: genie Jafar aladan abu

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Disney's Aladan

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

FactsAreUseless posted:

No, SNES Aladdin is the 2-d platformer. You're thinking of that PS3 game with the campfires and the big demon.

:toughguy:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

FactsAreUseless posted:

Disney's Aladan

Aladan Sain

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I want Mario Party but I don't want to have to buy two extra joycons

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

its fun

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I want Mario Party but I don't want to have to buy two extra joycons

Isn’t there some kind of bundle?

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i don't get complaining about a lack of games on the Switch. but whatever. counting down the days until i can finally play Dark Souls anytime, anywhere. my amiibo shrine has been purified to prepare for the arrival of saint Solaire of Astora

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

was finally able to pick up an nes classic

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

was finally able to pick up an nes classic

please tell me you didn't hook it up to the internet

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Not to worry, the nes classic has been hacked no matter what firmware you are on

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

The Milkman posted:

please tell me you didn't hook it up to the internet

these 30 classics are all I need

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Nintendo.... Owns

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

How is the calligraphy gimmick in that game? I seem to remember that being a big sticking point for people

I remember trying to put mut name in a journal that was my dads. I never got my name right in cursive. It was something something ME@?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

gently caress

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

Mariette is Canon now

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

I want to hang out with this dude

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Twisted loving psychopath

nicest guy you’ll ever meet

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

my morning jackass posted:

Twisted loving psychopath

nicest guy you’ll ever meet
lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Anybody know what happened here.

http://twitter.com/In__Training/status/1050026343499350021

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I know you can do that in SMB1 if you hit a block at the exact right pixel but I dunno anything about 3.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

You died

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

P-Mack posted:

I know you can do that in SMB1 if you hit a block at the exact right pixel but I dunno anything about 3.

smb3's collision detection is very similar to 1's, you can do a lot of the same stuff

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Huh the Switch version of TWEWY apparently has a really fun local co-op mode. I never heard that advertised anywhere at all

edit: like not just a side mode, a second player can control the partner character and apparently it changes battle mechanics up significantly

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Woah that sounds rad

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

goferchan posted:

Huh the Switch version of TWEWY apparently has a really fun local co-op mode. I never heard that advertised anywhere at all

edit: like not just a side mode, a second player can control the partner character and apparently it changes battle mechanics up significantly

Sounds cool, I never played TWEWY

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

this could maybe be cool, Living The Life of Luxury

https://www.destructoid.com/nintend...ay-526519.phtml

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

A save-state to skip all of the optional stuff in Zelda 1 is the opposite of cool

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its cool theyre offering official rom hacks lol. zelda 1 is very very hard by today's standards and they're doin this for the kids

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

extremebuff posted:

its cool theyre offering official rom hacks lol. zelda 1 is very very hard by today's standards and they're doin this for the kids

good idea for a special version of zelda 1: the original japanese version that had better quality music and no slowdown
bad idea for a special version of zelda 1: a half-played savestate that loads in halfway through the overworld music

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

whenever i try to play Zelda 1, i'm amazed that i actually beat it without save states as a kid. i don't think i'd have the patience for it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I hope this means they do NES Remix style stuff on it in the future but it's probably gonna be more easy mode stuff.